Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Character cards

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Character cards Empty Character cards

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:44 pm

I made a new card type based on the various human players in the chaotic tv series, they are generally designed to be played in a 6v6 banlist format thought I tried a bit to make the common ones also work with the pauper format. Here's a quick summary of how the cards work.

When you play with characters, each deck may contain 1 character card (if you want to experiment with more feel free but they were designed to only use 1)

Character cards are revealed to your opponent when creatures are (after deck setup before the deciding who goes first) unless that card says otherwise.

Character cards are considered to be a new type of card and are NOT considered to be creatures, mugic, attacks, locations, or battlegear and are not effected by anything that effects those card types.

Character cards are considered to be in play but not on the battleboard (like the active location)

Character cards may have activated abilities, triggered abilities, innate abilities or replacement abilities like other cards, these abilities act the same as they do on other chaotic cards, they count as "abilities" for things in game that care about abilities.

Character cards may also contain effects that allow you to change the rules of deckbuilding if they are in your deck, these effects will mention this explicitly.

There is 1 special type of character card, Codemaster which has a special rule associated with it. If one player has a Codemaster character and the other does not, the player with the Codemaster must go second and may not gain any bonuses for being the 2nd player. (there are no bonuses in the game for going 2nd right now but we may add them eventually so) If both players have a Codemaster character decide who goes first and any 2nd player bonuses normally.

Questions, comments or critique of any of the cards is welcome, I may change some to adjust for power level if I decide that it is necessary.

Common:
    Rare:
    Super rare:
    Ultra rare:
    Blank template:

Last edited by Chiodosin1 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:13 am; edited 6 times in total

KingMaxxor4 likes this post

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Character cards Empty Re: Character cards

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:06 pm

This is such a neat concept. I never suspected you'd be working on expanding the game through a new card type! So cool. I gotta say I love all the flavor texts. Fantastic image choices for the arts. There's so much game design space that you explored. Really adds variety to the game and rewards deck building decisions. You covered so many characters I had completely forgotten about! You did well with capturing the feel of the characters with their abilities. 

Starting with the 4 main character cycle (and Mister E). I like cycles, so this was a great choice. And of course making them common was a nice gesture. 

Dwaynian is very strong for a common. I'm surprised he wasn't a higher rarity. Especially if you consider his show time haha

Fire King It seems you didn't take the easy "Magmon" approach, hmm. No fire five, fire king hmm

Peter + double ixxik the dream!

The custom codemasters were nice. Wasn't sure how you were going to handle those. All the abilities are really cool since they change a specific part of overall gameplay (and deck building restrictions).
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:41 am

Commons:

The main 4 ,MisterE, and Drake are fine. I don't see anyone wanting to use them though over the others but they are commons. I'd of given the main 4 unique effects though and just made 1 guy just says "pick a tribe" +5 for that tribe.

The element cycle is good with the exception of Reggie1 being quite a bit weaker than the rest. It's fine since water is the most supported element.

Dwaynian is what Danians needed. Elna lost his niche but who cares.

Conor is what Warbeasts needed.

Fireking and Slicknick are probably better than they look at first glance but I don't think I'd use them personally.

Location destroyers Solid flavor, solid ability.

CK RJ I've made a card like this. I actually think it's totally fine and interesting. Minions gaining both abilities is much tamer than most would think at first glance.

Aggro999 is the one I might have the only issue with in the commons. The obvious is Fluidmorphs and Enre-hep hmotd. I like the idea that your mugic hand will be pretty much anyone's guess on what you have but I think it's just such a pie break. Crown at least has a downside that's noticeable if you face burn and Tuning fork you at least NEED those tribes in the deck and alive, as well as the battlegear not being destroyed or flipped down. Both of those gear are also unique. It just seems to go against the core idea of having different tribes when they're all Heptadd.

I think I'd like it more if you just picked a creature at the start of the game who can cast from any tribe. Minor tweak I know but it just feels less of a break. Id rather not see Overworlders and Fluidmorphs specifically spam any Mugic they want in a very uninterruptible way since the Character effects are like Emblems/Eminence in MTG.

Rares: A lot of these feel more like interesting effects rather than being strong which I like.

Counterfighter is bad but I don't really wanna see that effect good.

Noisemaker isn't great either but the flavor is sweet.

Elliot is Fun,not good. He'd be interesting vs grounding grapple decks I suppose?

Jycella I don't think she needed the nerf to not counting past 5 tribes.

Peter with Khorror,ixxik,and Aokua. Strong I'm not gonna understate the first 2 though. Having a no downside Ixxik/Khorror with access to Xerium armor and Ailav and the like is overly good. Stonemail already does this sure but with the obvious downside of ...they could just destroy it. Looking at the Tournament of champions here for how strong this would turn out.
    My advice on it? I probably just would make a different effect all together.

Overwarrior is.. I don't see the point in using him over anything else.

Mattmeiser is what you'd expect.

Isalizard is gonna have a field day with Mudeenu cotg. I don't know how I feel about built in pouril forest. Not sure I like it.

Sanjay is a bit boring but he's fine. Some of these have no personality like you said so I get it.

CK jane is what Khralls needed. Makes them pretty dang strong actually.

CK dou, This cheating this guy has 2 characters. Fun not strong. Seems a bit tedious though constantly reshuffling. Would not use in paper(or online more than likely).

Herculeon. Id of just had no restrictions, it's fine.

LU2 is good for compost I suppose. I like her, very fitting.

Krystella, Flavor is a win. Effect in practice kinda takes the fun out of it if your opponent KNOWS your whole deck at the start. It just feels like why are we even playing at that point. If you saw everything you should have a solid idea if you'll win or not. I don't actually like this one and I don't have a better solution.

Klay is fine good idea with the "non-unique" clause.

Super rare:

Battleboarder. Allmagedon,Lucky shot and Mega roar. I love this since all of those play terrible together.

Buzz JR. is fine

Buzz SR. We've talked about a lot but as he is now I think this is the strongest one even among the Codemaster cards..maybe Crellen is stronger. But I don't like this effect at all. Mipedim mirage every turn is far to strong an effect. Agal wings is an Ultra and everyone knows how good it CAN be. At the cost of a battlegear slot or possible being destroyed. It's unique and starts FACE DOWN for good reason and Buzz just puts one on all of your guys while also choosing WHO THEY FIGHT WITH.
    Idk if -10 e to your creatures is a significant enough downside..it might be?

marrillionare hahaha yeah I like it. Aa'une sure could use it.

Perim Princess: I love but you probably already knew that. Risky Throne and Lounge decks lets goooo. 5 locations mention coins so she's again not great but when you get that throne though oh boy!
    I'd probably give her a second effect as well.  Flavor wise Id of had her do something with M'arrillians. She should of the 5th main cast member and been about M'arr.

Sam shady: I like it since I made this effect long ago. I gave mine a downside though but I've never used that card so who knows how good this is.

Tartarecker. I thought 6 tart psi might be to strong. But I've been informed that most OW decks are already..that.

Cooltom The bottom effect is super necessary. But it also kills his niche.
    Chaor,Gnarlus,Blugon ww,lomma dw,Lystone,Najarin,Najarin ff,Nivenna Ramhavir,Vyll,(Kobarri)

Of these only Lomma DW and original Najarin make great use. (ram is banned), Vyll,Kobarri make alright use as well and I guess that's good enough,very small list of usable creatures.

Ultra rare:

Crellen is gonna be a lot like infinite neekwin and infinite droskin. Like How Prophet of Kruphix is a mix of Seedborn muse and Letline of anticipation but mildly worse. This will be a mix of Ram and Bodal fdr. I don't like it it's possibly the strongest in the set.

Hotekk is Fine

Amzen is cool and fine

Oron I'm hesitant about extra turns but not enough to think it's not worth trying.

Tirasis's wording should be updated so that you draw the 4th card at the start of the game. I like this effect, I've played with my card that does the same thing. It's good but not OP.

Imthor, I thought we banned Bi mower cycle for this reason.

Chirrul is sweet I like him. Him and Amzen seem to be on the lower end but I like them a lot. Simple and strong enough.

Overall I really like the idea behind these but I do hope they don't actually make this kind of a card type. I like that you made it purple though was it because Dragonix posted the new card type would be purple?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:25 am

thanks for all the feedback, I went ahead and made a few changes

-sanjay97 is now a common
    -aggro999 now prevents players from getting extra mugic counters to discourage use with
    -fluidmorphers
    -dwaynian is now rare, he now counts as 2 mandiblors and only activates hive on your turn
    -peter now doesn't work with creatures with over 100 scanned energy (aka just khorror)-
    -Herculeon no longer excludes minion or past as choices (he still excludes mandiblor)
    -Lu2's ability has been mostly reworked
    -chaotiking jane now gives khralls with shards defender instead of making them deal extra damage
    -battleboarder now reduces the BP of cards by 2
    -buzz sr. how gives your opponents creatures 10 extra energy when he uses his ability
    -crellan can now only use each of his abilites once per game, they are now activated abilties
    -minor gramatical changes that do not effect a cards function were made to select other cards

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:07 pm