Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

What do you have to reveal to the opponent?

sohmer1
    sohmer1
    Common

Chaotic Username : Morgoth
    Chaotic Coins : 15

What do you have to reveal to the opponent? Empty What do you have to reveal to the opponent?

Post by sohmer1 Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:18 pm

I had a somewhat unusual question that I had never considered.  Someone asked me if they have to reveal their battlegear's ability once it is flipped up.  This lead to a larger discussion about what needs to be revealed.  I had always assumed that stats could be always asked for(for attacks/ability requirements), but that abilities do not necessarily need to be revealed unless they are used.  For instance: My opponent flips destructozooka face up.  Do they need to reveal what element they picked there and then, or do they just note it when they perform an attack with that element.  Fundamentally, my question comes down to what actually needs to be revealed to the opponent at any given time(stats, battlegear/creature abilities, elements, etc) and what can be kept secret?
    TL:DR  What information can the opponent ask for regarding your deck and cards?
    FerricOxide
    FerricOxide
    Common

Chaotic Username : Ferric
    Chaotic Coins : 20

What do you have to reveal to the opponent? Empty Re: What do you have to reveal to the opponent?

Post by FerricOxide Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:21 pm

Your opponent must be informed of flipped battlegear abilities, card text on locations, attack damage, mugic effects and card stats. basically if it is on the field or burst you need to tell your opponent about it
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

What do you have to reveal to the opponent? Empty Re: What do you have to reveal to the opponent?

Post by King A-Game Darini Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:39 pm

"My opponent flips destructozooka face up. Do they need to reveal what element they picked there"

Yes , then and there. If they choose right after drawing and playing an attack they could be lieing for advantage.

If you have face up effects or triggers you should always let your opponent know, or read them and should inform your opponent that they should do the same. It's just good practice and sportsmanship.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:29 am