Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Must Watch Anime/Manga Series

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Must Watch Anime/Manga Series Empty Must Watch Anime/Manga Series

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:46 pm

For any person who has watched any anime, here are the ones I would strongly suggest to them as must sees:
    Death Note - if you haven't seen this you are really missing out to tons of references; I here more references to Death Note than any other show (not just anime). The two most beneficial books to the world (wait that's contradictory >.<) I recommend this to anyone even if they don't claim to watch anime.
    Ouran High School Host Club - at first I was leery about this show... and slightly embarrassed to have even watched some of it, but after the initial shock of the first few episodes, it is really a good show. It surprisingly contained a plot and character development, I have grown to love the twins especially.

On-Goings:
    As far as ongoing series, these are what I brag about.
    Fairy Tail - My favorite anime in the all-around category. I didn't have it in my top three must sees because it doesn't appeals to as many people as the others. The action sequences are realistic considering the characters (except Lucy, she should have been dead by the 5th episode at least) and don't drag on like in other series with unnecessarily long flashbacks randomly shoved into fights. (as of season 1) Amazing character development as far as on-goings I've seen.
    One Piece - Brilliant. This is the prime example of how you keep a series alive. The characters grow both physically and characterwise. Touching and compelling background stories for most of the characters (I didn't care much for Franky's). Anyone who's interested in an ongoing series should get into One Piece.
    I do give new-comers a suggestion regarding the series to people intimidated by it's length (I don't know if this is sacrilegious): that they should watch the first few episodes (finish the Buggy arc) and then skip all the way to the Water 7 arc. I talked to some other fans of OP and they said that was legit advice. I really feel that the series gets amazing at Impel Down, but they'll miss to much by skipping Water 7.
    Soul Eater - Hilarious. Not as engaging as Fairy Tail or One Piece with respects to battles. Attacks are limited and although different people have different weapons, just not as cool as the DF or Magic in the prior.

Honorable Mentions:
    These are other series I have seen/read but won't really tell people to watch it, unless I think it fits their particular style.
    Full Metal Alchemist - a decent series, but too slow at times. I haven't seen brotherhood yet, but I've heard it was better (and stuck to the manga).
    Shaman King - Just read the manga. I thought it was a very good story, but disliked the very end. Very interesting the way through. Was annoyed when one of the characters discovered how to resurrect... the other characters got way to cocky then.
    Code Geass - for anyone who enjoyed Death Note, this is a excellent series as well. If I'm talking to someone who didn't like Death Note, I won't push it; but who knows, they might find something in this show that they didn't find in Death Note. Both deal with great moral issues.
    Notice: there are a few scenes with inappropriate content; I offer my warnings. I felt these were unnecessary (as most are) and did remove some of my respect for the show.

On a side note, this is basically all the series I watch/have watched with the exception of Naruto, which I don't typically suggest as most people have already made the decision to watch or not watch it XDAlso tried Blue Exorcist (really gave it a chance with a friend), but I just found it pointless. Quite an extensive list, eh? Yea, you real anime watchers are laughing at me right now. Well I have seen other Anime as a child 4kids watcher, but this list is fine.

Do you guys have any suggestions that you think are must sees? I will be interested to see what I've been missing.

Last edited by Marrillian on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Must Watch Anime/Manga Series Empty Re: Must Watch Anime/Manga Series

Post by King A-Game Darini Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:16 pm

This is why I wish blzv chaches worked for off topic.. The night before chaotic went down I had done a full list of the ones (that I can recall) seeing and giving them a rating... Unsure now I just gotta remember but I'll make a list to.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:49 pm

I would recommend Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, and Bleach. Bleach is fast and pretty good, just skip the fillers.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:09 pm

lol Attack on Titan deserves it's own Chat. I've been watching it since episode 2 came out and it made Anime of the Day real quick. Witch reminds me..I might do my Anime of the Day again.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:18 pm

I did not like bleach. It was too serious but not serious enough at the same time... really confused me on the purpose. Unlike Soul Eater which I think handles the theme (you know killing demon souls) much better. But it seems to me that people like one or the other.

I'll check out the other two though.

On a side note, can people give a short personal opinion on stuff they suggest like I did. Thanks XD
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:23 am

if you like samurai romance epicness i suggest checking out rurouni kenshin. its a very old anime but still second to death note ^^.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:58 am

Lol I loved Samurai X but I can't stand those Dubs of it... especial misaow
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Deadman wonderland seems to be a weird show...
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 am

Deadman wonderland is basically like the mocie Death Race. (Not anime) Future Diary reminds me a lot of DW but it's much better though Hummingbird is my waifu.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 pm

I enjoyed the DW manga, and I heard the Anime was good, but it changed so I can't really say for certain how it ended. But the manga just finished up a couple days ago. Frown T'was good imo. Future Diary just got weird towards the end, but again, I didn't watch that Anime. If you liked those, you should check out Psyren. No Anime, but it's a pretty good Manga until it gets toward the end. Mangaka had to wrap it up quickly as it declined. Always a shame.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 pm

Updated my list.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:04 pm