Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
BlzvSprayTan
FinalOne1
Terabyte
King A-Game Darini
8 posters

It's Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!

King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

It's Pokemon X and Pokemon Y! Empty It's Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:03 am

What's up guys! I've been seeing a lot of rumors on the new X and Y!

The following list will contain spoilers

New Type (Fairy) and with it a New Eevee-lution! Dragons beware
    The 2 new Anchients look awesome!
    Totally changed up frontier!
    Set in france! and There's no sprites!
    able to ride pokemon (only a select few) roller skating, diagonal movement (avoid trainers)
    3-d graphics (it could be a plus)
    Able to change outfits! as well as groom and play with your pokemon
    an "EV" or effor value training Gym (EV training is what sets pros and average players apart)
    They also get more into the Contest side of Pokemon.
    Horde Encounters (Moves like EarthQuake and swift will become a must)
    Sky Battles! Big Grin (Only flying and "levitate abilities allowed!) I wonder if you equip an Air Ballon to a pokemon it will be allowed in...

And Finally Mega-Evolutions!
    I love Kangaskhan and Venasur's new abilities Parental bond and thick fat but Lucaio's Adaptability ,Blaziken's Speed boost,Garchomp's sand force and Mawile's Huge Power are definite game changers! Big Grin

Kangaskhan's ability might be over powered with the right combos.

Venasaur has 4 weaknesses Psychic,Flying,Ice and Fire and with thick fat it removes Ice and fire from the list. So with a high special deffence  He'll no doubt become an OU.

Lucario's adaptability is self explanitory

Blaziken for a long time has been thought to be the best Starter of any generation competitive wise with it's great move pool and attack stats but it's speed was it's only problem ..this ability will get it a spot in OU (Over used) in the Meta-Game.

Garchomp's Sand Force is gonna garentee's Sandstorm a spot in his moveset and will make his already Overpowered Stab boosted Earthquake that much more powerful. Plus Draco Metor or Dragon Rush with Garchomp's speed would almost instantly own any Flying type.. and ohh god with sword dance...He's OU.

And Mawile's Huge Power will probably get him used a lot more often.

and uhh I like Mega-Charizard Y's Drought ability. In a double battle with a Regular Venasaur (with clorophil ability) that has high SpDef and SpAttk  Venasaur can basically rapid Fire Solarbeam. And still have great coverage with Charizard's way Boosted STAB Fire attacks to get full use of both abilities.

Also In the Anime/Manga Department! Big Grin
    Pokemon: The Origin ! has been subbed and it's pretty awesome following the story of Red (cause ash is a f*** up)

http://www.animerush.tv/pokemon-the-origin-episode-1/

Also a shout out from the site SmackJeeves because they have two of my favorite fanfictions.

Mokepon is a pretty cool "manga-ish" styled pokemon fanfiction that has quite a bit of comedy and updates a page every week.

http://mokepon.smackjeeves.com/

and A more "hand drawn" story of a trainer and her struggles. It's based on true events in her game as she takes on the "Nuzlocke" challenge.

http://itsahardlife.smackjeeves.com/

Both are great and If you don't like them at first I ask that you at least read 2 chapters before you judge..trust me. If you don't know what the Nuzlocke challenge is go here http://www.nuzlocke.com/
    It's basically if your pokemon faints it dies and you can only catch the first pokemon you see in each route. (Starting after you receive your first 5 pokeballs) An optional challenge is you have to name all of the pokemon you catch. (Adds to the attachment you're no doubt going to gain to your pokemon)

And here's a tip ,if you're not gonna get both games then get Pokemon X ..trust me
    Charizard and Mewtwo's X mega evolution looks way cooler then their Y counterparts. Though I'd say "shiny" charizard Y looks cooler and the ability's better (for my way of playing) Though I plan on getting both games.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

It's Pokemon X and Pokemon Y! Empty Re: It's Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!

Post by Terabyte Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Charizard gets two Megas? Interesting. I'm trying to avoid as much news as I can to keep the game a surprise, but the internet is a big place and I've seen almost all spoilers anyway. I've been good about the past couple months though. I'm excited. College life is going to suck though as I'll be skipping class to beat the game. I have to be the very best. I want to know how many Pokes are gonna be added to the Dex this gen. I want a lot. It bugged me that Gen V added more than Gen I did just because, but now that it's been broken, I just want to see a huge increase in the number, hopefully not all Mega's. Gen IV was cool with all its Evo's, but there weren't as many new Pokes as I would have liked. Could just be me. I wonder how many Pokes will get Megas different from each game.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Their are 42 Confirmed Additions (not including Mega's) but there might be more as well as 13 confirmed Mega Evolution forms (only 11 pokemon confirmed to have mega evolution's though and it's said that their will be quite a bit more but it's also been confirmed that not every pokemon will be getting a Mega-form. It's unsure if 2 evolution chains like Marowhack or Haunchcrow will be getting them seeing as none of the Preview list has any.. but that's just me speculating.

I just hope to see Farfetche'd or Dunsparce get an evolution or are able to Mega-Evolve.

As for the starters I read somewhere that the original 3 starters will be avaliable to be picked but if not then I'd go with Froakie. Chespin and Fennekin look cool but their evolved forms don't really do it for me.. Quiladin looks dumb and I don't like that stick coming out of Braixen's Tail..and in a game for quite a large portion I'll be looking at her back in battle it would be quite the annoyance.
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Chaotic Username : FinalOne1
    Chaotic Coins : 87

Post by FinalOne1 Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:10 pm

This is a Speculated List of Mega Evolution PokemonIt's Pokemon X and Pokemon Y! <a href=It's Pokemon X and Pokemon Y! X_and_10" />"],
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Ohh good your still online..that's great Final but uhh can you give us a link to that pic instead? It's a little to small.

I can sorta make it out though... I highly doubt Deoxys would get a mega form.
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Post by FinalOne1 Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:45 pm

okay here it is
    www.kpopstarz.com
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:41 am

That's a link to Korean Pop star media...I don't even...
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:26 am

I'm ok with Kpop. FANTASTIC BABY!!!
    I've seen the Megas speculation. I don't mind Fennekin's evos and the stick. They look like mages, and the scene I saw it was in use so I don't know if it'll remain behind or in hand during gameplay. I think that was just the artwork drawn up and not a mandatory pose, but I could be wrong.
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Post by FinalOne1 Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:20 am

Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:14 pm

So I was just thinking about it right now, but what are the Swimmers gonna wear/look like?
    The game comes with different language options instead of being an individual game. Usually they switch the swimmers from speedos into shorts, but what about now? And the swimmer girls...What's the 3D gonna allow for there?
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:00 am

Apparently you get a torchic with a mega stone if you connect to online with X or Y within the next few months. Till december I think.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:56 am

All the mega evolutions look sick! Anyone play it yet to find out how to get em? I wonder when Showdown will get the new stuff..
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:25 am

You have to get a special megastone called "whatever the pokemons name-acanium" or something and they have to be holding it. They'll mega evolve as soon as they go into a battle.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:15 pm

It's -ite

And my brother wants me to wait until next week to play so we can unbox and start together...I don't know if I can do it. I need my Pokemans, man!
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Kinda want a mega Charizard. Charizard is my favorite because how hard he hits with his hidden ability.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:08 pm

I'd rather have a Drought abbility. It's actually a pretty big game changer.. Sunny day affected Fire attacks would be able to dish out the same amount of power. The lessened water attacks and removal of other weather effects just add to it. Charizard becoming a dragon couldn't of came at a worse time( although it looks sick) but Fairy and Ice types are gonna have a field day with him! Like I said above a double battle with mega charizard Y along with a clorophill ability Venasaur with Solarbeam would OWN!  Rapid fire solar beam and boosted speed! Going with venasaurs high defences and special attack and don't froget Synthesis's full health healing effects. Oh god.. If you teach it leach seed or giga drain Their won't be much that could stop the Grassy Solar-powered Tank.

Last edited by King A-Game Darini on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:12 pm

When you say "how hard it hits" I assume you mean Mega Charizard X while the drought abbility I mentioned is for charizard Y. Just clarifying.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:15 am

Ice is neutered by Fire and so is Fairy. The only problem with Charz X form is that he becomes susceptible to Ground again.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:39 am

Nah I have yet to play X/Y, I dont have the 3DS. I meant back in my old days of playing showdown I used to 1 shot people with Charizard, even the occasional oneshot against a pokemon with fire-resistance.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 pm

I just caught a Shiny Panpour. I like the Wonder Trade option. It's a nice little feature for boredom

And if anyone wants to add me, my friend code is 0946 - 2243 - 8180
    Just post your code so I can get it too. Looks like the Poke's hidden abilities are available if you have enough friends.
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Post by FinalOne1 Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:32 pm

okay, I don't have the game yet, but I will get it soon: 2020-0584-2552
    (note: my name will show up as Amoeba. do not be alarmed, this is a cover name for me, and it is short for my universal gaming name, AmoebaHewdraw, I kept my Chaotic name for the Forums here)
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Amoeba. Cool. I'm Dijon because I am...Just because.
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Post by FinalOne1 Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:21 am

Hey everyone, I now have Pokemon Y, you can use my friend code to register me but be sure to post your friend code so you can get the benefits of more friends

Last edited by FinalOne1 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:44 pm

*Applause*

I've been sending you O Powers. We were both online at the same time. Carry your 3DS with you and the O Powers will restore faster depending on how many steps you've taken. After you've beaten the E4, when we're both online, our Friend Safari zones will have all 3 Pokes available. When you're not on or haven't beaten the 4 yet, it's only the two.
    I'm excited to have you on the team. Big Grin

If you're curious, Senor Amoeba, your zone has Psychic type Pokemon including Munna and Siglyph. Their hidden abilities are Telepathy and Tinted Lens respectively. I don't know what the third Poke is, but that's what you'll give to anyone who adds your code.

If I haven't posted mine, it's bug. Unsure Venomoth, Masquerain, and Paras.
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Post by FinalOne1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Interesting, I guess my brothers and my other friends will be slightly disappointed, I can only wonder what else is in store with my other friends

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:08 am