Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Malcolm9
IflarFan
Terabyte
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
9 posters

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize - Page 2 Empty Re: Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Well without more feedback...
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Chaotic Username : malcolm9
    Chaotic Coins : 116

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize - Page 2 Empty Re: Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

Post by Malcolm9 Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:54 am

Heheh right now you're discussing new rules to create new decks right?

errm... well that is kinda tricky...

- Making it 1 Mugic/ability a turn really becomes a game of -> XXX vs Denial. + It may not be fair to Danians who generally love to infect and use Hive etc. etc.

- Banning X Creature/Card - imo is fine. Much like other games where Banned Cards are a thing. The list should include significantly used cards or cards that may seem OP (Obviously) not just cause they cross a line that makes them unplayable.

Perhaps instead of changing the rules - you set conditions a particular deck needs to fulfill.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:32 pm

malcolmyeo wrote:Heheh right now you're discussing new rules to create new decks right?

errm... well that is kinda tricky...
    Yes.

malcolmyeo wrote:- Making it 1 Mugic/ability a turn really becomes a game of -> XXX vs Denial. + It may not be fair to Danians who generally love to infect and use Hive etc. etc.
    Its per creature per turn.

malcolmyeo wrote:- Banning X Creature/Card - imo is fine. Much like other games where Banned Cards are a thing. The list should include significantly used cards or cards that may seem OP (Obviously) not just cause they cross a line that makes them unplayable.

Perhaps instead of changing the rules - you set conditions a particular deck needs to fulfill.
    An example of conditions?
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Woah the new quotations look cool Big Grin mucho like some of them ones from other games :Big Grin

1 Mugic/ability a turn/per creature... would be slightly more interesting I suppose. Sure.

The other rule with the energy seems to overdo it though :S

Conditions can be totally up to you - ranging from 6v6masters (mono/mixed) with rule above to
    6v6 masters (mixed) with rule above and no 3BP attack or Ultra Rares
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:47 am

We have to find balance. There can only be one rule, and that rule cannot be too weak or too strong.

Another example of a balanced rule would be.. you can only use 3 different creatures(therefore 2 of each). Or one of my personal favorites: only 1 location card per player instead of 10.

edit: Too weak would be something like: cant spend more than 2 mugic counters on a mugic card, etc; and too strong would be something like: all cards have to start with a c.(ahh that would be terrible!)
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:04 am

1 Location mite be interesting... it also renders some cards (that nobody really plays) worthless *cough* lookin' at you Blazier. A single Numid Voidlands can render an entire elemental deck worthless lol.

Even something simple like reducing the attack deck count to 15/15BP mite be something fun to try out.

Balancing is hard Pinch 
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:05 pm

malcolmyeo wrote:
    Balancing is hard XD 
    And that's why there was a development team Big Grin
    Although imo building a game from scratch is far easier to balance then modding a preexisting rule base.

BlzvSprayTan wrote:We have to find balance. There can only be one rule, and that rule cannot be too weak or too strong.
    No, there doesn't only need to be only one rule. The problem is that the two suggested rules are contradictory. 

malcolm you are free to come up with more rules!

I want this to be a deck building contest which will interest everyone. Pretty much a great fun event with hopefully lots of creativity that was hindered by old metas.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:37 pm

The old metas mainly relied on the Ultras ; and in some case Supers. So... maybe challenge peeps to make a deck without using *Banned List here* cards.

We can come up with rules, but the only way to find out how it'll pan out is to actually test them prior to the tourney like the development team

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:00 pm

My mental calculations are enough to see how they will pan out.

And yes, there will be no banned/limited cards.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Your metal calculation will fail you D:

You must test !!! xDDD
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:32 am

Off Topic:
    Your TCO username was not malcolm9...
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Marril I should move that comment somewhere more reasonable.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Other than that serious infraction of the forum rules... Anyone have any ideas about our contest rules?
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:13 pm

We already discussed some possibilities xD - Now ya just gotta pick
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 am

We have discussed two... I was hoping for more ideas to come to the table...
    Hey guys do you think I should send out a newsletter about this? We might get some people back. But it needs to be well written...
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 pm

You say that as if you expect someone other than yourself to write it.....
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 am

lol - exams are over let's get this done !
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:52 am

BlzvSprayTan wrote:You say that as if you expect someone other than yourself to write it.....
    Exactly
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:02 pm

I appoint someone other than me.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Why does this happen on every site I want to do a newlsetter on :O
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:07 am

Big Grin cuz writing a newsletter is a lotta effort
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:58 pm

malcolmyeo wrote:Marrillian needs help!
    I agree.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:37 pm

This is great. I'm sending this out. You are officially staff.
    Also I am reinstating the home page so I can have the newletter on display. Yea!!! I wonder should I make it actually look like the original site, or just have some chill portal?
    You're choice I'll build it when I'm free!!!

Plus changes to the site. Some css changes here and there. Probably won't notice, but I like it better.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:58 pm

lol I wasn't expecting this when I woke up

my post vanished!
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:39 am

I like to keep things organized. Now I wonder how many people will respond to the newsletter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:41 am