Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Anyone hate the protection mechanic?

lilsnoop
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Anyone hate the protection mechanic?  Empty Anyone hate the protection mechanic?

Post by lilsnoop Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:33 pm

I do. It is completely unfair when fighting with a mono color deck.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Anyone hate the protection mechanic?  Empty Re: Anyone hate the protection mechanic?

Post by bobosmith01 Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Which game?
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Chaotic Username : FinalOne1
    Chaotic Coins : 87

Anyone hate the protection mechanic?  Empty Re: Anyone hate the protection mechanic?

Post by FinalOne1 Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:08 pm

He's probably talking about Magic, where there are some creatures which have the ability be untargetable from spells of that color.
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : brainard52
    Chaotic Coins : 89

Post by brainard52 Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:14 pm

This is the reason most formats don't have monocolor decks. RTR/THS was an exception because there weren't any cards worth mentioning that had pro black or pro blue and both blue and black rewarded being mono-colored due to the devotion mechanic.
    lilsnoop
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by lilsnoop Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:29 pm

I already made this post? Well anyway, the main reason I hate the mechanic is because your opponent might have an 8/8 with protection and you can't do jack about it. Of course I'm talking about when I play MTG 2014 on the ps3. When I play offline I make sure to pack my deck and side with cards to counter cards with protection. The deck I mostly use is Mind Maze.

I wish that they threw in some cards that can handle them. Like "Return all cards to owner's hand." Perhaps I don't hate protection but the game's(2014) limited options of defending yourself against it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content