Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Oraklon Afjak
bobosmith01
KingMaxxor4
Blitser
8 posters

Errata & Comprehensive Rules

Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Errata & Comprehensive Rules Empty Errata & Comprehensive Rules

Post by Blitser Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:09 pm

Hey guys, you can probably guess what this topic is for from the title. I'm going to keep things nice and short here. Smile Attached to this post is the errata of every card, and the comprehensive rules.

If you have any questions about Chaotic's gameplay these two documents contain everything you need to know. They should be consulted before any other resource, and treated as the final word for all rulings.

PDF Rulebooks:

Dawn of Perim

Dawn of Perim (text only)

Secrets of the Lost City

Attachments
    Errata & Comprehensive Rules AttachmentErrata.pdf
    Updated card texts
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (385 Kb) Downloaded 225 times
    Errata & Comprehensive Rules AttachmentComprehensiveRules.pdf
    The rules of the game down to the finest detail. Every possibility is covered.
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (300 Kb) Downloaded 220 times
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Errata & Comprehensive Rules Empty Re: Errata & Comprehensive Rules

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:19 pm

ITS FINALLY HERE!
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:26 pm

STICKY THIS.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Errata & Comprehensive Rules Empty Confusion

Post by Oraklon Afjak Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Ok, so I've been going through each erratum trying to update their text into the Tradecardsonlinelogs, as is apparently my duty now (spread the knowledge). Aside from a few spacing and capitalization errors, a few things in this document confused me.

Elemental Elegy - The card does and says more than wiping a single elemental type, but it makes no mention of this in either printed or errata text. I'm using "
    Target Creature loses an Elemental Type of your choice. If it has no Elemental Types, it cannot move instead." as a substitute, but where did the rest of the card go?

Castle Pillar/Fear Valley/Forest of Life - I would have thought their text styles be shift to resemble Crystal Cave's "
    if an engaged Creature has higher/lower X than the opposing engaged Creature,..." but this is probably minutia.

Mipedian Cactus - Erratum should read "
    Equipped Creature has an additional 15 Wisdom." instead of "gains" which is reserved for activated and triggered events, but also minor.

Swassa - There is no difference between print and erratum in this document. I know that it should have the "
    until end of turn" text removed, but the lack of correction is creeping me out.

Stingblade Prototype - Hold up. I remember in that old Portal to Perim that the Stingblade was to be used both offensively and defensively. Heck, I've even used the thing before to turn an attack from 0 damage to 10. But this change doesn't match any of my previous knowledge or experience whatsoever. Where along the line did it lose its ability to pump up friendly attacks in dire straights?

Sorry if I'm being dumb again, but inconsistencies of any type trouble me.

Also, Rule 8.5.1 in the comp rules is leading me to my former belief with those old Song of Shelter arguments: make the target illegal before resolution, targeting stuff is negated as SBA by this rule. If anyone can clear this up, I would greatly appreciate it, because I'm more lost than a fish in a desert.
    OneMajorPain
    OneMajorPain
    Common

Chaotic Username : 1MajorPain
    Chaotic Coins : 36

Post by OneMajorPain Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:01 pm

There must be some cards missing from the errata page. For example, I noticed there is no "Nunk'worn". I clearly don't totally understand the purpose of this document. Any explanation would be helpful to me and perhaps others who may be uninformed. THANKS!
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:11 pm

crolars wrote:There must be some cards missing from the errata page.  For example, I noticed there is no "Nunk'worn".  I clearly don't totally understand the purpose of this document.  Any explanation would be helpful to me and perhaps others who may be uninformed.  THANKS!

If a card is "missing" then it just doesn't have an errata. Not everything needs updating. Smile

The errata is there to fix any oversights or outdated wordings for cards. The easiest way to illustrate this would be the errata for Najarin Fluidmorpher's Foe. His errata prevents him from gaining mugic counters when other Najarin's gain them. An entirely new line of text to fix the infinite loop that happened when there were two copies of the card in play.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:20 am

I updated the initial post to include the pdf versions of the rule books. Couldn't find M'arrillian Invasion sadly
    kbTroi
    kbTroi
    Common

Chaotic Username : kbTroi
    Chaotic Coins : 20

Post by kbTroi Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:00 am

okay, so this would be a great thing to clear up...battles thus far in application follow in text rules...meaning..if a card says one thing..it does that one thing,no misconception...with that being said, who deems these cards to have an erratum?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:25 pm

well in theory you should use all card errata since there intended to make the game clearer and you'll find that the descriptions under the card pictures on TCO all use the errata wording (not that anyone reads them...)

there are a couple reasons a card might be errated. sometimes it to clarify. before chaotic used "gain" for both activated/triggerd and innate effects. later to make things clearer they now use "have" for innate boosts while "gain" is only triggered/activated boosts. so all cards that gave innate boost that used to say "gain" now say "have". errata also can be used to fix potential problems as stated above najarin as printed would make infinte counters when pitted against one another. the errata helps prevent this. sometimes its just to make the card be easier to understand or work as intended or fix errors like the classic "barrath beyond"

errata are generally a good thing because they allow game makes to fix cards they already printed. it should be noted too that these errata are entirely from the past and do not fix every issue and confusion (for example no AU cards are on it) so its not a perfect rule fixer or anything.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm here to complain about Najarin's errata not allowing to "place" counters from opposing NON-Fluidmorphers foes Najarins.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 pm