Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The Monkey (old)

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

The Monkey (old) Empty The Monkey (old)

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 am

Check out the new version here.

"This is it Luigi." - Mario CD-i
    Yes it is; this is the home of the revised version of The Monkey. I was reading through it some time ago and it dawned on me why it wasn't getting too much attention. I began writing it a long time ago, and didn't have as much experience as I do now; meaning that the story wasn't too well written at that point. So I decided to redo most of the chapters due to comments and such and hopefully gain a larger fan base.
    Mondays will be the official release day but with enough persuasion, you might get another chapter mid-week. I will limit the release of chapters to 1-2 a week to keep up the suspense, and as revising chapters is not as easy as it may seem and takes away time from my writing new chapters. If you can’t handle suspense, please feel free to read the original and comment on that, I will consider feedback, and will implement what I see fit into the revised version. This is important because I will consider the revised version as cannon.

There is also a wiki for my story, so if you want some summarized information or whatever you check a wiki for it is at themonkey.wikia.com.

Editor and plot advisor: MonkeyMania1

Index:
    Page One
    Chapter 1: The Monkey – Mania
    Chapter 2: Finding a new Home
    Chapter 3: Iparu Jungle and the Pie Maker – This Place is Home
    Chapter 4: Nothin' Else to Do
    Chapter 5: The Final Round
    Chapter 6: Lord van Bloot’s Plan
    Chapter 7: Prison Break
    Chapter 8: Keeping a Promise
    Chapter 9: “A Happy Reunion”
    Chapter 11: The Source of Power
    Chapter 12: The Search for Power

Last edited by Marrillian on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

The Monkey (old) Empty Re: The Monkey (old)

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 am

Chapter 1: The Monkey – Mania
    The story of our friend begins a few years back in Perim. A young monkey named Mania lived with his mother in a lush jungle, one of the last surviving in the Mipedian territory, of which few Mipedians knew existed. Even fewer knew that there were Overworlders in it, for only the bravest had ever dared enter it. The horrendous sounds that spewed out of it even sent shivers down the spines of the Warbeasts. The secondary cause of these sounds (the primary being strange insects) was the young monkey and his crazy contraptions. He had set up simple traps to catch some of the animals and others to scare dangerous ones away.

However, precipitation in the jungle had gradually lessened and plants were d.ieing. For years, the Mipedians had envied this land, but they were terrified of what dangerous creature might live inside because of the strange noises that reverberated throughout the trees. Once a daring Mipedian had tried to explore, but was smashed in the face by a spicy pie. Upon collision, it burned through a layer of scales; this gave him the nickname “sunburned” (which is a great insult to a Mipedian).  But now, seeing that the trees could not offer protection to its dwellers, the Mipedians organized an investigation party. One of the older Mipedians, Tuckear, knew that Primarté, Mania’s mother, lived there and was tagging along to protect her just in case things got out of hand.

Primarté, knowing their days of protection were over, planned to leave that evening. At dusk, before Mania had finished packing, one of the rash and reckless Mipedians (who would later conjure Gintanai) went into the jungle and spied a monkey. “Overworld scum,” he exclaimed. “Trying to invade our territory, eh?” While muttering some unprintable lizard dialect, he sprinted back to his camp screaming and creating a large ruckus. This grabbed the attention of not only the other Mipedians, but also a certain monkey.

The army came rushing in with Mudeenu in the back and Mania threw a pie at one of them. They were petrified and began attacking everything in every direction.  Ever since his mother made him a banana-Dractyl scale pie, Mania loved pie. He was always experimenting; trying to make the best pies – ones that looked delicious, smelled delicious, and tasted delicious; and those that exploded when thrown and were aerodynamic. The pies consisted of all different types of flavors, made using anything that could be found in the jungle.
    The Mipedians, now in confusion, activated Mania’s various traps: some tripped, others fell into pits, and a few more got hit by pies. Mudeenu, the first one retreating, got caught in Mania’s newest trap: this pulled him off the ground; the supporting branch snapped, sending him into a pit of mud.
    After they escaped and regrouped, they began grumbling. One of the Mipedians noticed that Tuckear looked pretty content. “Why didn’t you come in with us old lomp? Did you know this would happen?” he spat.
    “Nope, but I knew something good was going to happen.” The old timer could only spew that out quickly before becoming hysterical. The Mipedians began planning how to conquer their strange opponent.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:50 am

Chapter 2: Finding a new Home
    With the Mipedians temporarily distracted, Mania quickly shoved the rest of his equipment into his sack. Then, after eating a banana-peach pie, he set off with his mother. The entire journey he pestered her about their destination, but she would only smile. Suddenly, in the middle of a parched dessert wasteland, the lushest jungle Mania had ever seen surrounded them. “Welcome to Iparu Jungle,” his mother whispered. 
    “Whoa! So this is where the great pie-maker lives… The creature who taught Yokkis everything about pies,” Mania also whispered; then, confused, stated: “Wait, why are we whispering?”
    “During the last wind, I caught some sand in mouth which dried out my throat.”
    “Oh well have some water.” He pointed toward a pool.
    After drinking, Primarté continued, “Iparu will teach you to make the best banana-Dractyl scale pie ever. He is the one who educated me more thoroughly in the art of pie making.” 
    “Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow–”
    “That’s enough. First, we need to find him.” She paused. “Actually, before we continue, we should have a snack.”
    After some cold pie, they headed east into the jungle, passing many beautiful plants and curious insects. Ten minutes in, Mania spotted a plant this was rocking back and forth. “What is this doing?”
    “Better be careful around those, Mania.” But her warning was too late; the plant coiled back and spit a green vapor into Mania’s face. “Oh no, getting in trouble already.”
    Mania collapsed. Primarté masked her face, and retrieved her son. “Well, it will take a little while for this to wear off. Sleeping Pontoos are a bit territorially defensive.” She sighed and caressed Mania’s head.

Primarté awoke with a startle to the smell of mango-paradise-bliss pie. Mania’s nose was twitching. He jumped up. “Lunch, lunch, lunch, lunch!”
    “Mania, we just ate recently.”
    “Oh you aren’t cooking lunch? Well let’s find out who is!” He tugged on her tail.
    She was thinking to herself, “Hmmm, I wonder how long we were out; maybe it is time for lunch.” But Mania broke her concentration. “Not so fast, I’ll lead the way.” She headed toward the source of the scent.”
    After walking north-east for a little bit they came to a gulch. “Whoa, look at this bridge. That’s some rapid current beneath. This must mean we’re getting close to civilization.” Mania was showing off his vocabulary.
    “I wouldn’t call a hermit civilization. But this stone bridge is impressive.”
    Mania rushed over the bridge, but something didn’t feel right – it wasn’t solid? Three steps in, he was falling. Splash. Mania was floating quickly downstream.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter 3: Iparu Jungle and the Pie Maker – This Place is Home
    “Should have known it was an illusion.” Primarté dashed alongside, looking for a suitable place to jump in after Mania. Glancing downstream, she saw that he would be fine. The rushing river flowed into a calm lake.
    “Mom, join me. The water’s fine.” Mania was swimming backstroke. Suddenly, a stream of water propelled him high into the air and misted the lake. Falling, he yelled, “Fancy, a steam bath.” After swimming back to shore he commented with a grin, “A little too much steam.”

They headed upstream to look for somewhere to cross, as the lake was large and would take some time to go around. “Vine Snare.” Primarté made a makeshift bridge where the river flowed into the lake. After traveling for a bit, they reached a 15 meter tall rock face. “I guess he hasn’t changed his address.” A hut releasing smoke sat on top. Primarté headed to a giant mushroom. “Up we go.” They jumped on from a smaller one. It folded up it sides, and compressed its stalk. Then, like a spring, launched them up onto the top of the cliff.
    “Pie, pie, pie pie!” Mania causes a dust storm heading to the hut. He stopped; terrified, yet amazed; a bit curious, then skeptical. In the doorway stood himself; or was it a reflection? He moved his head, the other twitched his tail. Mania had heard of mirrors, but this was no reflection. “Can we stay for lunch? Mom said you made great pies, but I wasn’t expecting a kid like me!” He paused. “Wait, do you not age?” The other laughed, not a child’s laugh, but a hearty adults.
    “You are a curious little boy.” He said warmly while transforming. “No, I am not a child, although some claim I don’t age.” He winked with a mischievous grin. “Welcome my dear Primarté. Your son is charming.”
    “That’s not the word I would use.”
    The now blue opaque creature laughed. “Come, I was expecting you, although you did take much longer then you should have; the birds announced your presence hours ago. You must be staring.”
    “So you are Iparu, the great pie-maker!” I can’t wait to try one.”
    “Well I made an excellent one today.”
    During lunch, Iparu questioned Primarté while Mania enjoyed some extra servings of the pie. “So what brings you to my humble part of Perim?”
    “Our previous home was apparently needed by the annoying Prince. I overheard something about a potion made with a few ingredients found in the jungle. I do hope they don’t destroy the place. Oh you should have seen them fall into some of Mania’s traps.” Mania beamed with pride.
    “How about tomorrow I show you some of my traps? And we can swap ideas. Today you can settle in. I’ll need to clean up the guest rooms though; been using them as storage.”
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter 4: Nothin' Else to Do
    Years passed, and Mania, under the guidance of both his mother and Iparu, became very good at making pies. He now gathered supplies from all over Perim, sometimes traveling to places only known by him.  He also developed a powerful arm from throwing pies, that, from Mipedim Oasis, he could snipe an Underworlder on its way to Kiru City. The guards of the city were always perplexed when a squad of Underworlders would suddenly panic and run away when their leader suddenly fell down.
    Primarté had gone off, and Iparu said he was busy, so Mania decided to pull a prank on him. The problem was that he had ran out of one of his special ingredients after getting one of his friends with the pie he was planning to make. “Hum, hum, hum ‘tis the season to make good pie. Tra la la la la laaaaaa…”
    Primarté, who was just returning with produce she had bought at a not-so-local market, stopped him. “Mania, I know you have something mischievous planned with that grin.”
    “Oh mom…” He scuffled his feet. “It’s nothing too bad.”
    “So where are you heading off to?”
    “The spooky, dangerous, scary… Underworld.” He faked a quivering voice.
    “Just be careful.”
    “I will mom. I should be back by tomorrow tonight.”
    Primarté continued for a little bit, and then stopped remembering something. “I know there is something I should have told Mania…” She turned around, but he was already far gone.

Mania didn’t take the conventional passage to the Underworld, because that would obviously attract suspicion. Instead he used a passage he had discovered in an untrafficked forest. Once in the Underworld, he headed toward The Pits. Many awful sounds spewed out of Underworld City as he neared it. He opened his bag, and pulled out his custom calendar – Baked Bean Fest. “Maybe I shouldn’t have come at this time… ” While sneaking threw Underworld City, he heard the most noise coming from Underworld Coliseum. “According to the calendar, it is the last day of the festival which is when they hold a contest.” Mania was very curious about this contest. He had never been to an Underworld contest, let alone on the last day of Baked Bean Fest. With all the guards watching the contest, he climbed the side of the coliseum and peeked in at the top with no threat of being noticed.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter 5: The Final Round
    Mania witnessed Skithia puking after eating her 19th bowl of beans. In the middle of the stadium Takinom, Rothar, and Lord van Bloot all sat content with 20 empty bowls next to each of them. He observed that most of the contestants could only finish 15. A creature grumbled, “Each year one of the contestants is always Takinom; she always is able to eat more beans than anyone else. I think it’s fixed; Chaor’s eyes always beam with pride every time she wins.”
    “He had once been great, but age caught up with him even though he doesn’t admit it. He’s proud, because Takinom always gave him credit for her training.”
    “Well anyway, we have a strange twist this year. Bloot came out of no-where at the last minute and signed up. Who knew he could make it to the finals?”
    “And Rothar is in this for his 3rd year!” another creature, wearing fake Rothar horns, interrupted.
    “Ah fanboy, no one cares about him.”
     “The final round is an all you can eat, so that there will only be one winner!” Chaor’s announcement ended the conversation.

Rothar, who was down to five energy, was the first to finish a bowl but knocked himself out due to recklessness.  Rothar’s fan ripped off his horns and threw them out of the stadium. Mania ducked while it soared overhead. Peering over again, he watched in amazement as Takinom and Lord van Bloot gulfed down bowl after bowl of beans. Although Bloot was eating at a rapid pace, he was behind by two bowls. Takinom finished her 21st bowl that round and Bloot fumed while the crowd muttered because he had run out of beans.
    “Looks like I win this,” Takinom bragged.
    “Hold on, eck eck. It is all you can eat, and the chef is stirring his large cauldron,” van Bloot snickered.
    “Supposedly the chef is cooking up the meanest batch of beans he has made since Chaor competed.” The grumbler from before commented.
     The crowd was going wild in suspense. The cheering was almost divided in half, with Takinom being more preferred. Even Chaor joined in the chanting.
    “This might be a revolution,” someone joked.
    Fights broke out as creatures argued over who would win. Some changed their bets, and others collected the few that were placed on Rothar. But after the chef began filling up bowls, something grabbed everyone’s attention.
    “The Underworld is mine!” cackled Lord van Bloot.
    Chaor jumped to his feet; his fists flaming.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter 6: Lord van Bloot’s Plan
     “Heh, heh, hec. It was my plan, eck eck, to rule the Underworld by winning Bake Bean Fest; so I, along with my loyal supporters, entered the contest, eck eck.”
    “I bet your force became a whole lot smaller,” replied Takinom finishing a bowl.
    “I have no need for wimps. I shall win myself!”
     “Not as long as I’m defending the Underworld.”
    Bloot grinned. “Bats of a feather flock together.”
    “What does that mean?” Takinom retorted as she finished her seventh bowl.
    “It means if you forfeit the contest, we can rule the Underworld together as king and queen.”
    “More beans, less romance.” She gulped down eight more bowls as Bloot twiddled his thumbs with an embarrassed look. After getting over the rejection, he threw 17 bowls of beans into the air “Mega Gulp!” His face flushed green, but it was now a tie. Both contestants picked up a bowl and held it; each hoping the other would forfeit, knowing that one more could be too much for them. The crowd was hushed.

Bloot couldn’t take it, he was already feeling the effect of the beans and at the point of forfeiting, but something strange happened. A human, wearing a green shirt with the words “Nick07: Player Mod” in white on the back, stood up on top of Chaor’s imperial box and announced, “This contest is spam: as eating beans does not contribute anything to Chaotic.” He jumped down into the stadium with a button labeled “move” in his hand. “I’m moving this to Glacier Plains – I mean Off Topic; where it won’t add to your forum posts.”
    HOW DARE YOU PATHETIC HUMAN!!!” shouted Chaor, “Glacier Plains is for M’arrillian scum. YOU will not move MY contest. I am in charge of this city. And I AM BANNING YOU from my kingdom.” He slammed his fist into the table in front of him and turned into The Fierce.
    Nick pulled out a giant hammer from his back pocket and threw it at Chaor. On contact it disintegrated. “Oh no – is this Blargers? I ha te how he gets to ignore the rules; but it would explain why he hasn’t gotten banned.” But then he heard inappropriate language from the crowd. “Is this really the Underworld? I’m not daydreaming while checking the forum? No wonder chat isn’t censored.” His grin reached his ears.
    “Bloot! Is this another of your schemes!?!” Chaor charged up a fireball. Bloot, completely shocked himself, slowly shook his head.
     “FREEDOM!” Nick charged through the gateway and ran off yelling every word that had been censored in the forums.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter 7: Prison Break
    When everyone looked back, Bloot’s bowl was empty and Takinom was accusing him of cheating. Mania had stayed long enough; he didn’t care who won – by staying much longer, he could die from the fumes. Continuing to his destination, he headed out of the city to The Pits. Although he recalled that all the guards in the city had gone to watch the contest, he still was cautious in the Underworld’s largest prison. While journeying through the third level, he noticed a cell labeled “Overworlder: Caution.” Taking a peek inside, he recognized what was locked within. Mesmerized, he headed to where the key was hanging, and, in a trance, unlocked the door slowly. The creature walked out with a slight swagger.
    “It’s good to be free. Work time already?” He scratched his head as he stared at Mania. “You don’t look like an Underworld guard…”
    “Father, is that you?”
    “Son?” He laughed, “Thank you very much for rescuing me. But what are you doing here?”
    “Come, I’ll show you.”
    Mania started walking to his destination while his father followed.
    “This isn’t the way out.”
    “We aren’t heading out yet.”
    “Mania, how did you know it was me? You could have gotten killed if I was one of the hostile prisoners.”
    “Come on dad, how couldn’t I have known it was you? The way you curl up your tail when you think, exactly how I do… what were you thinking about?”
    “I was thinking what we were going to have for dinner.”
    “Hmmm.”              
    “Nah, I was running through another escape plan. I never calculated this though…”
    “Hey dad you want to hear what happened to Rothar today?”
    They chatted for a little while until they reached the tenth and deepest part of The Pits. Here the worst Underworld prisoners are kept and green toxins boil up from the ground.
    “Perfect, we’re here dad.”

The ground started to rumble and the air began to stink…
    “What’s going on son, I thought you said that there were no guards!”
    “Don’t worry dad, it’s just a geyser erupting.”
    “Oh.”
    “Ok, just let me fill this bag with some of this… some of that… and maybe some of this…”
    He ran from one place to another – collecting nasty substances. The ground started to rumble again, but this time it also was cracking open. Green fumes flowed down from an overhead passage.
    “This isn’t a geyser erupting, and fumes don’t come down…they go up!”
    The nas ty guard of the lower pits, Toxis, glared at them from his perch on the ledge. He jumped down, waddled to a boiling geyser, slurped up its contents, and gargled it. 
    “Watch out dad; this is the stuff that gives him the bad breath! We’re not dealing with ordinary elemental attacks. His fire is going to be exponentiated by the gases.”
    Some of it bubbled out from his mouth. Spilling out all over the ground, it sizzled and eroded a centimeter deep.
    “Dad let me handle this. I got my black level battle badge from watching Maxxor himself.”
    “Isn’t that from one of those three week black belt karate programs?”
    “Rust Toxic!” Their opponent interrupted.
    Mania rolled out of the way as the ground before him rusted.  “Vine Snare!” The vine broke through the rust and wrapped around Toxis’ heel.
    “Ember Swarm.” Toxis burned off the vine, but he didn’t notice Mania and his father circling around to his rear.
    “Lavalanch!” they yelled in unison.
    The attack hit full force, sending Toxis across the chamber and up through the ceiling into the next floor. He only had 5 energy left, and being the reckless type, he fled.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Adventures of Nick #1– Streak and War
    Takinom blasted an Ember Swarm at Lord van Bloot, Chaor called to Agitos, and Skithia tackled Takinom. Rother got up, but one slap from Bloot knocked him back out. Some of the loyal Underworlders began jumping into the arena to assist Chaor. Followers of van Bloot responded likewise. Fights broke out across the stands – attacks lit up the joint like fire works light the sky on Independence Day.
    Nick dodged attacks as he streaked around the stadium. “Yipee, no censorship – no censorship!” He tripped over Rother and fell onto Skithia who had just been bested by Takinom. She instantly revived and flung him off. “You repulsive man!” She searched around for Nauthalax or some other water user to purify her.

Chapter 8: Keeping a Promise
    “Let’s get out of here dad; I have everything I need.”
    “Ok son, lead the way.” They headed out from the way they came. “That was some mighty fine fighting son.”
    “Thanks dad, the combo was really epic; you’ve got some skills as well.”
    “Well I have been practicing; there’s not much else to do in a prison… Wait, Toxis probably went to get help.” They began hurrying. “Son, I promised another creature that if I ever escaped I would help him also. He’s on level 6, but we’ll have to take the long way out.”
    On level 7, a raging creature roared from behind them. “Who goes there!?!”
    “Quickly this way – It’s around this bend; the third cell to your right.”
    “There shouldn’t be any guards… This is just grand, grand, grand.”
     As the guard rounded the corner behind them, they noticed it was none other than… Rothar. “How is he still moving? If you’re story is true, he should be so bloated that he can’t possible be running.”
    “I don’t know dad. He wasn’t this energetic an hour ago…”
    “Hoa hao ha ho! So we meet again Mérast.” His hand blazed while he held his battle ax.
    “I didn’t know Rothar was a friend of yours dad?”
    “Let’s just leave it at acquaintance.”
    “Sure dad.” 
    “Ash Torrent! Power Pulse! Trampling Tackle!” Rothar swung his ax and smashed the ground.
    “Mirthquake!” Mania yelled right as the surge of attacks towered before him.
    “Good thinking” Mérast grinned. “…son!”  His mouth dropped when he noticed where his son’s quick thinking had gotten them. “Now ‘this’ is really just grand, grand, grand – Underworld Coliseum…”
    Mania dodged two Ember Swarms as the buzzed by him.
    “Son it looks like you need to work on that attack.”
    “Yea, I’ve been so busy making pies recently, that my attack training has kinda suffered.”
    “Eh, ha ha you make pies!”
    “Ever since mother baked me a banana-Dractly Scale pie, I got obsessed to pies; I’ve been making them ever since.”
    “Ahhh…a real pie lover…you know that runs in the both sides of your family. Before you were born, we had a respectable bakery in the Kiru City, until Rothar destroyed it during an Underworld invasion.”
    “Oh that explains why you were so happy about Rothar’s fate in the contest…”
    “Ok, enough talking, get us out of here.” Chaor had noticed the foreign newcomers and was yelling for them to be captured.”
    “Now we’re doomed ‘cause I’m out of earth. It takes time to recharge.”
    “Good thing I still have earth. Let me show you how it’s really supposed to be done –Mirthquake!”

Mérast strolled along the passage. “We shouldn’t have any problems with Rothar this time. He will think we are long gone.”
    “Nope he’s still here dad.”
    Rothar lay on the floor drooling.
    “Recklessness,” Mérast sneered and grinned. “Almost there.” Suddenly, he put out his arm and stopped Mania. “Quick, into this crevice,” he whispered.
    “The intruders were in this sector; search them out and bring them back to me – dead or alive!” Scattering was heard in all directions as the taskmaster finished his orders. Four guards rushed past the spot where Mania and Mérast were hiding.
    “Oh duh.” Mérast smacked his head. “Of course Rothar wouldn’t be the only guard after the alarm sounded…”
    “It’s time to bring out Cerbie!” The taskmaster’s voice shook the passage.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:51 am

Adventures of Nick #2– Lord van Bloot out!
    Ulmar broke through the main archway in a gigantic robot. “He he he he. I’ve been waiting to try this out!” He began shooting at Lord van Bloot. Instead he hit Takinom. Agitos yelled, “Treason!”
    Now Ulmar was under attack by both sides.
    “You have over done it this time!” Chaor roared and shot a huge magma ball that disabled the mechanisms of Ulmar’s battlegear.
    “You’ve damaged it!” Ulmar pouted, ejected out of the cockpit on a Windstrider, and flew back to his lab.
    The stadium was in an even bigger uproar; Bloot had abducted Takinom and was flying away. Krekk picked up the once again defeated Skithia and followed.

Chapter 9: “A Happy Reunion”
    After the footsteps had faded off into the far distance, Mérast and Mania quietly creeped out of their hiding place. Continuing to Mérast’s goal, they snuck up levels of passages: sliding around corners and diving into the scattered unoccupied cells whenever they heard footsteps. As they slipped past the Level 5 guardroom, Mania knocked out the commander of that level with a spray from his vial of Sleeping Pontoos poison, and Mérast seized the set of keys. Footsteps sounded in the distance. Mérast dressed up as the commander and Mania gave him a fake beard. The guards marched past, but one stopped.
    “Tornear? You look a… um… a little different?”
    “No, I’m not Tornear!” Mérast stated in the roughest voice he could manage. “He took a leave due to the festivities. Lucky seniority!” He smashed the table – sending a splinter up the guard’s nose.
    “Hmm he was here this morning…” He began to dislodge the wood chip.
    “Stop picking your nose! Or I’ll have you in charge of cleaning the toilets!”
    “Oh sorry sir, sir!” He saluted and ran off to join his squad. Their footsteps faded into the distance.
    “Ok we have 30 seconds to get him out based on the last patrol.” He ripped off the fake facial hair.

Mérast tried a few keys, but they weren’t the right ones. The previous patrol was coming back. “They must have suspected me. Next time carry a better beard Mania.”
    Mérast didn’t have enough time to find an empty cell. Looking around quickly, he spotted a hole in the ceiling, grabbed his son, and climbed up the wall into the opening. In his haste, he dropped the keys, causing a neighboring occupant in a cage labeled dangerous to awaken. A deep rumble reverberated trough the passage; it grabbed the fallen keys with a tail and freed itself. The patrol arrived in time to encounter the creature on a rampage. He chocked two guards with his twin tails and flung them at another two. The remaining three ran up the passage pursued by the ferocious prisoner. Mania was eager to get back down, but Mérast prevented him. “More guards will be on their way here after that commotion.”
    A minute later, a large group of guards dragged the escapee off to a lower level of The Pits. A few of them remained around his previous cage to search for the source of the disturbance – hoping to find the intruder.
    “Look, Tornear is here.” A guard stepped out of the guardroom.
    “He’s out cold; we aren’t dealing with an amateur.”
    “He probably heard us coming and opened the dangerous cage to cause a distraction as he escaped.” The squadleader commented.
    “I wonder what he is after.”
    “I’m glad we’re not assigned to a lower level. If he freed one of those…” The guard shuddered.
    “Don’t let anyone hear you being so pathetic, or you’ll be assigned to the place where even the fearless lose their minds.”

After what felt like ages to Mania, the guards moved on to continue their search elsewhere. Mérast dropped down.
    “Stay up there Mania. It still might not be safe.”
    After a few more attempts with his keys, he finally found one that turned in the lock.
    “Narkus we are finally getting out.” He turned the key slowly to produce less noise, but it still creaked. A tall and slender creature, with the appearance of a Mipedian, zipped out of the cage.
    “How did you manage to escape?”
    “My son rescued me. I’ll tell you all about it later – over a pie.”
    “He must have been the intruder I overheard the guards talking about…”
    “Well, well, well, what a happy reunion,” chuckled the taskmaster of Levels 4 through 7.
    Guards filed in from all directions.
    “‘How did I know you would be here?’ You may ask,” He paused to consider his already answered question.  “Hmmm… Maybe it was that you and Narkus ‘promised’ to escape together. Ha he hu haec.” He paused after his laugh. “We take careful note of who’s warm with whom. Now, you have two options: A, you come, along with your rescuer, to level 7 and we’ll ‘forget’ this ever happened; B, you die fighting us and eventually be forgotten like everyone else who has died here; the Overworld already think you are dead.”
    Narkus responded instantly, “You forgot option C, I wipe your existence off the face of Perim and go back home.”
    He became a blur as he sped around the room – defeating every Underworlder he came into contact with a flurry of techniques. Mérast followed his lead and started blasting everything he could, including a few support beams. Mania just sat back to enjoy the show.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Adventures of Nick #3 – Danian Invasion
    Many of the creatures who had sided with Lord van Bloot threw up their hands in surrender, but some fled after Bloot closely pursued by the loyal Underworlders. All of a sudden everyone froze – the air buzzed and the ground vibrated. The sounds of thousands of wings grew near.
    “What is this?!” Chaor reverted to The Fierce and the ground became magma.
    A large force of Danians hovered above the coliseum.
    “The quality of our air has been fouled worse than usual by your obnoxious practices,” the leader, Ambolx, reproached. “Our Queen,” he saluted, “has been unable to lay eggs because of the sickness your air has given her.” Crossing his heart, he mumbled recitivly, “May she be cured.” Then redirecting his speech at Chaor, “So we have come to avenge her and heal her by purifying the air and removing its polluters!” The flying swarm dived into the party.
    The Underworlders who had surrendered rejoined their brethren to fight their common evil, and those who were chasing the dissenters returned to aid their leader with the more pressing matter, while the loyal to Lord van Bloot snuck away.

Chapter 10: Futile Resistance
    Surrounded by almost a hundred conquered guards, Mérast and Narkus were fatigued. With no mugic to restore their energy, they wouldn’t be able to take much more fighting.
    “Ha he hu haec horum he hac hic.”
    They hadn’t noticed that the commander had snuck behind a pillar.
    “Ok that laugh is really, really bad.” Mérast winced. “Not only is it the worst laugh I’ve heard next to Bloot’s, it also means that this was a trap inside a trap.” He struggled to talk in between each gasp for breath.
    “They didn’t give us much opportunity to keep in shape.” Narkus commented without breathlessness.
    “But they sure gave us a workout today.” Mérast responded. “Ok Tardikmus, come out and fight; unless your intimidate courage has been reversed.”
     Narkus couldn’t help but smile.
    “Mania did you know that to fit this guy, the Underworlders had to widen the arches in the passages for this section of The Pits?”
    Tardikmus is bigger than his cousin Dardemus, but not as fat or ugly. According to Chaor he was one of the more clever taskmasters and one of the most powerful – with the ability to yield a Doomhammer in his right hand and a Burithean Axe in his left.
    “That was quite an entertaining skirmish. Luckily for me, this one won’t be too exerting on my part.” Tardikmus equipped his Doomhammer and swung it around beside him. A flame simmered in his left hand. “Ash Torrent!” He aimed for Mérast.

Mania, who couldn’t just watch his father die, knew it was time for action. He jumped down from the ceiling fracture, and dived to the side in front of his father. He pointed his palms toward the incoming attack. “Rock Wave!” The torrent – too powerful – broke through the barrier he created and hit him full force – smashing him one meter deep into the wall behind him. A heptagonal-shaped object rolled out of his hand.
    “Use it,” Mania whispered hoarsely.
    Mérast picked it up. As the mugician left Mérast’s body and entered the mugic, a sound played like no mugical sound heard by anyone there.  First a sizzling, then hissing, then popping; and finally a delightful yet horrid smell filled the nostrils of the creatures present. Mania sprung up with a pie in his hands. When he first heard the sound, a look of horror formed on Tardikmus’s face, then quickly changed into a look of surprise, and soon faded into a grin.
    “Ho ha ha ho, you think you can hurt me with pies. Ha he hu haec horum he hac hic.” His laugh rumbled throughout the halls.
    By this time, Mania was levitating in the air – surrounded by an arsenal of pies. He consumed the one he was holding. “Pie of Instant Strength.” He then grabbed two pies from those encircling him. “Throwing Pie!”

Tardikmus swung his battlegear and scored a homerun with the pies. Mania quickly grabbed two more and threw them faster than he had previously. Tardikmus’ smirk quickly gave way to a fully terrified shock as those two pies hit him full force. From then on, because of his low speed, the taskmaster wasn’t able to dodge any of them. Mania pounded him, along with the guards of the second ambush, with a shower of baked treats. Between the initial onslaughts, Tardikmus was able to cross his arms in front of his chest and created an earthen barrier. His subordinates were not able to last more than a couple of pies though. After Mania had defeated all other threats, he focused at Tardikmus; three high explosive pies were necessary to destroy the barrier. They were coming too fast for Tardikmus to block them. So, while shielding his face with his left hand, he hurled his Doomhammer at Mania. Narkus appeared in the way and took the impact for Mania – the head of the hammer cracked on collision with Narkus’ left fist. The flurry of pies stopped. Tardikmus stared at Narkus.
    “You should not lose sight of your opponent,” Narkus instructed. He moved out of the way.
    Mania held a large pie; steaming a rainbow of colors. “Yokkis’ Surprise!”
    The pie flew at Tardikmus who had, through his shock, equipped his Burithean Axe. He was able to time his swing and sliced through the projectile – the blade lodging half a meter into the ground. Despite his effort, the right half of the pie nailed him in the face – knocking him over unconscious. Mania joined him on the ground – exhausted.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Adventures of Nick #4 – Off to More Adventures
    Nick recovered his strength, stood up, and bent backwards to crack his back. Then he bent forward to stretch the other way and accidentally tooted. A nearby Danian heard the sound, and in a rage, charged in his direction. She stopped when she saw he wasn’t an Underworld creature.
    “Oh so that is how humans look without clothes.” She covered her mouth and blushed.
    Nick ignored her and continued to crack the rest of his joints.
    “How about you come with me?” She leaned toward him and winked.
    “Nah, I have some more fun to do.” He ran off towards the exit. A missed air attack hit him and sent him flying – straight into the arms of his admirer.
    “I guess fate has brought you back to me.”
    Nick, in a state of shock, nodded. Shaking out of it, he replied, “Let me hop on and take me to a place more appreciative of my talents.
    “Sure thing wingless grasshopper.” She tossed him on her back and flew out of the coliseum.
    “So… wherewegoing?”
    “Back home to Mount Pillar.”
    “Eh, I don’t like hives. I once disturbed a wasp nest –”
    “You’ll like this one; two legged caterpillar.”
    “Hey can I meet that Illexia chick?”
    “If you’ll preform again.”
    And that is the story of how Nick started a war in the Underworld.

Chapter 11: The Source of Power
    Mérast searched through Mania’s backpack. First he discovered a map which he set aside, grabbed a Song of Reassurance, paid his last mugician to heal himself with the Mugic, lifted his son over his shoulders, and picked up the map.
    “Let’s see what we have here. Well Narkus there’s an X where one of the Underworld pillars is. I assume Mania has found some secret passage concealed within it.” He looked around at the mess they had created. “I bet these were the only guards in the prison because of the festival. So we shouldn’t have any trouble escaping The Pits.”

When they reached the streets, they saw the madness that had formed on the surface. Many creatures were fleeing home and mini-battles ensued where Danians chased them. Mérast was taking all the back roads to get to the marked spot on the map. Then he spied someone that definitely wasn’t an Underworlder; maybe an Overworlder, but he looked more like a player. He thought he recognized him, but he couldn’t quite figure out who he was. Mérast headed in his direction. Then it struck him – it was Blargers.
    “What are you doing here, I thought you were an Overworld player?” Mérast inquired.
    “Shh, if you want to know come with me – quickly.” He ran into an alley with the group following him. They arrived in a dark section of the city, at an abandoned warehouse. Blargers kicked a bush and a key-pad surfaced from beside the door. He punched in his password – Blargs. The doors slid back and aside. They hurried in. The room was a mix between Lord van Bloot’s torture chamber and Ulmar’s lab. Instruments of cruelty had been scattered around, and vials of strange fuels lined dilapidated shelves.  Blargers shoved his hand into one of the contraptions; something clicked, and he pulled his hand out quickly. Gears started spinning, and the floor in the middle of the room opened up. A platform surfaced out of the crevice. Mérast put Mania down once on the platform. The elevator traveled at such a rapid speed that Mania floated about a meter above it on the way down. When it had reached the bottom, Mania face-planted the floor.
    “Are you ok –”
    Blargers interrupted Mérast, “No time to check, just pick him up and go.”

They were so low underground that the pressure and heat were almost unbearable. If there was a world under the Underworld, this had to be in it. In front of them was a long passage; a platform was floated in front of them. Blargers preceded – the rest followed. It moved down the floorless passage. Tanks lined both sides of their path; not filled with aquatic creatures, but inside these tanks were the ex-mods – held in a state of suspended animation. Mérast gasped. The platform abruptly came to a stop, and Blargers stepped off into what seemed like thin air.
    “Come, it only appears that I am floating,” Blargers said this without even glancing back at them or slowing his pace. Mania had finally come back to his senses. His father placed him on his feet.
    “He isn’t light, you know,” he stated to Narkus.
    After walking on the invisible path, they came to a giant chamber.  This place held a source of energy so great that the mugicians fled from Mania’s body.
    “Feel the energy, isn’t it awesome. I have a feeling that you already know what it is.”
    “The Cothica,” the trio of escapes whispered in unison.

“Now that you have seen it I will explain what this means.” Blargers paused, waiting for what they had just experienced to sink in. “As you know I once worked for a company on earth called TCdigital. They were very much like yourselves – like Overworlders that is – they cared for peace, knowledge, and fun. They created the card game wanting to teach kids how to have fun, and use their brains at the same time. They also wanted the players to learn what life was like for the creatures in Perim.  But this was not what 4kids was like; they are more like an Underworld-M’arrillian hybrid – only thinking about power, wealth, and maybe a case of world domination. They knew that one day some zealous player (or mod) would find the ultimate power-source. If they could convey its power to earth, they could do whatever they wanted. Since no human power on earth comes close to the energy of the Cothica.”
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter 12: The Search for Power
    “They were right – we found the Cothica. When I was trying to fix some problems, I noticed a pattern with the occurring glitches. They all led to some very great source of disturbance. At first I thought it might be a hacker, but I finally found out the source wasn’t from this world at all, but from Perim. I had been here before, but because of, let’s say, some interesting predicaments which have been recorded by a player named etheto. After thinking about what I should do, I thought ‘Occasis always has some insane ideas, maybe he can help me get back to Perim.’ On my way to his house I was ambushed by a player under the control of the M'arrillians.  I was very glad for the Russian Garbage Can Defense Maneuvers that Occasis had taught me – I “coded” him quickly. He didn’t know what hit him – I didn’t even know what was in that can.

“He had some epic looking tech in his pocket, along with a scanner. I took them both and threw him in a near-by dumpster. Now knowing that somehow my discovery had leaked out, I was more careful heading to Occasis’ house than when I was wanted by the police.” He stopped abruptly, and then continued quickly hoping his listeners hadn’t noticed him mentioning that incident, “Once there, Occasis led me into his bedroom, flipped the light-switch, and turned on the computer. He was already logged in to chaotic. He took two hours to modify the scanner so that I could use it. He also used the tech to upgrade a GPS unit, and calibrated it hoping to precisely track the source of the disturbance. He unplugged the Scanner from his computer and handed it to me explaining why I received the privilege of using it, ‘I’m not able to go to Perim; I have a date tonight. Good luck.’

“It turned out he wasn’t very good at calibrating – I ended up in The Pits. After a few more tries, I finally got to a decent place – I had to manually calibrate it since Occasis was already gone. Once here for a while, the GPS was able to calibrate itself and led me to the shack we entered above. So I rented it hoping to explore the area more. I searched all around here, and traveled to the Overworld thinking that it could be up there – since the GPS only gives two-dimensional coordinates. But up there, the GPS received a weaker signal. I hadn’t thought that the source of disturbance could be lower than the Underworld. Luckily, the shack contained parts that I assembled to create a drill. I spent more and more time in Perim and over the next weeks I arrived less and less at TCdigital – which I have to confess, in part, slowed down the release of Fire and Stone. The other mods became suspicious.

“They placed a tracking devise on me – I knew that one hug from Teia’s was unusual. Then, after Occasis built scanners for everyone, they were able to follow me here – great friend. Well, 4kids finally received word of this discovery, and now that Fire and Stone was already off schedule and causing us much stress and distractions, they had the chance to get the Cothica, but first they had to get rid off us. I suspected what they were up to and tried to warn the mods, but they refused saying I was too paranoid. Only Occasis listened – being my best friend. Nick also managed to survive, but only because he was running around Perim moving talking creatures around when they were “off topic.” So no one could keep track of his whereabouts. If you didn’t already know, the confusion on the surface is partially due to his antics.” Mania recalled the scarring appearance of Nick during the competition.

“4kids had amassed a powerful army in Perim composed of M’arrillians and they came before we had finished preparing; swarms of them marching through Underworld City’s streets. They were the behind the M’arrillian Invasion; Aa’une had been a disposable collaborator. Since they heard of Chaotic, they had always wanted the Cothica. After two years of researching in Perim, their patience was wearing out; that was when they discovered ancient carvings describing the M'arrillian tribe. The M’arrillians had actually been a passive tribe who sealed themselves into the Deepmines to escape from the troubles of the other warring tribes. But 4kids showed them – those who became chieftains – a taste of true, dark power. A taste that makes one desire the whole. The Doors of the Deepmines isn’t the only way to access the M’arrillian’s dwelling place and Bodal wasn’t the first to invent Telebracers. Then they persuaded Chaor to drill Ice Pillar where they had placed Phelfor. Playing at the greed of powerful creatures, they spread throughout Perim using the M’arrillians as a distraction for their control. They knew that if they could take control of all the tribes, they were bound to find the Cothica in one of the territories.”
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 am

I believe this is up to date, but now I'm 5 weeks behind...
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : monkeymania1
    Chaotic Coins : 348
    Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Monkey likes. Big Grin 

There are a few grammatical errors here and there, but i like the rewrite.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Feel free to point them out. I'll get on errors asap! Email, pm, or just post what needs to be fixed.

On a side note, I've had a little trouble with the next chapter... so don't expect it till my schedule clears up a bit, since I need to think through some things.
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Alrighty then- it may take some time, but i'll get around to all the chapters.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Take your time... sadly I am taking mine. I am just very busy/tired.
    Also I do want to work on my newest secret project. Will try to release it this week.
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, I think you know where I am if you need help with anything:D 
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:26 pm

I need to get myself some time... I have finally realized your pain mania...
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:50 pm

*turns into bill bye the science guy* NOW YOU KNOW
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:55 pm

I might, just might, get out the next chapter tonight. Let me tell you though, it is much more intense than the original. I was almost done with it a month ago, and sadly never got to it. See I had to do some research for this chapter, and I didn't want to have to get back to doing that XD

Well that hw took longer than expected... idk when's my next chance.

Double Edit:
    Well I got distracted with my awaiting new series.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 am