Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

IMPORTANT Strategy Tool!!!

Chaotic11
    Chaotic11
    Common

Chaotic Username : Chaotic11
    Chaotic Coins : 38

IMPORTANT Strategy Tool!!! Empty IMPORTANT Strategy Tool!!!

Post by Chaotic11 Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:07 am

Hey everyone!

Originally, I shared the TCO platform, today I bring you... archived files of Cothica.com!

https://web.archive.org/web/20090131224342/http://cothica.com/Collection/tabid/60/Default.aspx

For the older veterans of the game, like myself, this was a database that was indispensable in filtering for cards with stats or elements that we needed.

When you go the link above (scroll down when you get there), it still has the premise of the system there, however it doesn't seem to be able to filter anymore. But I have seen the programming abilities available within the community and figured I would share this in hopes that we can remake it or utilize it some way in the future of Chaotic.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

IMPORTANT Strategy Tool!!! Empty Re: IMPORTANT Strategy Tool!!!

Post by King A-Game Darini Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:26 am

ohh that's sick dude, Is the Phelphor art in your profile pic? I haven't seen that before.

edit: It wont seem to let me go to the second page of it so that's a bummer.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:23 am

Yes, this has been on my todo list for quite a while. But alas, its so far down that I need my binoculars to see it.

Tradecardsonline search isn't bad, but it is lacking elements and stats (although being able to search by text is far better than chaotic's search engine)
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:23 pm

yeah in theory we could add elements to tco if we could convince someone but things like subtypes and stats wouldn't really be great. it be like the energy thing, just a list. and inividual subtypes can't be a thing for example searching "warrior" wouldn't give you barath beyond you'd have to spesificlly search "etheral warrior" which is pretty lame so.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:29 pm

Why can't searching by individual subtypes be a thing?

What my goal for the collection webpage is to have each card with all its metadata (ability, average stats, elements, types, tribe, etc). Then have generic "text" search bar which will look at the names, abilities and types. Then have options for stat ranges, elements, tribes, types, subtypes etc

In the old collection, if you searched by element, it matched everything with any of the elements selected (instead of only what had every of the selected elements).
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm

well with no knowledge of how search engines work, the search engine wouldn't allow for multiple subtypes on one card. so if you did implement it you'd have to put the entire subtype as one thing. elements could be the same thing with a search for "fire" not showing someone like heptadd. but also since there's so few of them you could just do 4 seprate groups for each element and simply turn them on and off unlike subtypes which have dozens and would be messy.
    Chaotic11
    Chaotic11
    Common

Post by Chaotic11 Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Yeah that's a Phelphor art that was never used. If you want to see more, check out the thread I made in fan art for custom cards, I put a link in there of my photobucket with dozens of unused arts and then an album of promo cards and 4kids card I had printed but sadly the images are extremely blurry and I need to update them.

KingMaxor - I see. Well, even if Cothica doesn't serve that much of a use, it is still helpful because it will display the stat ranges of cards if there is still any cards we are missing ranges for.

Also note - if the website is not appearing for you, make sure you scroll down. It loads weird sadly.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:21 am

I'm unable to go to any of the other pages. The javascript is broken. Are you able to access a page beyond the first?
    Chaotic11
    Chaotic11
    Common

Post by Chaotic11 Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:59 pm

Unfortunately, no. I was hoping there was a way around that or a way of fixing that. That's a disappointment. Unsure

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:10 pm