Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The ideal human protagonist

Vee
    Vee
    Common

Chaotic Username : KopondsHair
    Chaotic Coins : 60

The ideal human protagonist Empty The ideal human protagonist

Post by Vee Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:06 pm

I've wondered about this from time to time, and if I discussed it with someone I've forgotten. Personally I felt Tom was pretty lackluster for the main character and just never grabbed my interest. The only thing which really made me really wonder about him were another fan's theories on him having an inferiority complex and abusive parents.

So what would be an ideal protagonist in terms of character, motivation, and all that jazz to you guys?
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

The ideal human protagonist Empty Re: The ideal human protagonist

Post by King A-Game Darini Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:11 am

He was fine for what he was needed for. I don't really like throwing characters with the whole abusive childhood melodrama for the sake of being "Deep" it's usually pretty on the surface stuff.

A good protagonist? Well maybe someone who actually has fun in Perim instead of just Scan quests constantly. All these people go to a magical world with Cultures,Magic,New foods,Great beasts and creatures with crazy wardrobes and locations to explore and they all only think of the game. Yeah I think it'd be awesome and i'd play the hell out of it to but why not some exploring for the sake of it. They always where their same clothes for the most part. Tom's bright idea of staying in Perim was working for Bodal.. No not making friends with someone like Blaizer or going questing with Tianne. Most of the Mipedians are really chill to humans.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:46 pm

I'll get hate for this, but other then the whole "WHAT ABOUT MAXXOR" card arc being so out of order, and that one episode syndrome, Tom was really good, at least in general (maybe not execution.)

He's sympathetic and willing to learn about other creatures, but isn't a complete "helper" or "sue", he's got his own desires and flaws, and will even butt head with the Creatures.
    If we learned more about the Tom/the cast, I'd honestly be fine with them.
    Ashbringer367
    Ashbringer367
    Common

Chaotic Username : Ashbringer36
    Chaotic Coins : 39

Post by Ashbringer367 Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:37 am

I'm with bobo on this one, the cast we got fit their roles fine. Personally I'm not overly keen on the idea of Chaotic having these deep tragic human protagonists, I always thought the general idea was to create the idea of an everyman character so you can imagine just how ordinary people could actually go to Chaotic. It's a dynamic of being, well, average.

And I would just like to add though there weren't that many events of the characters having fun in Perim I wouldn't go so far as to say it never happened, I believe the groups little adventure with Antidian and Song of Stasis speaks for itself.
    chaorcrew
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : chaorcrew
    Chaotic Coins : 54

Post by chaorcrew Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:59 am

I say the group should have been more multi cultural I know it's a bit manipulative but it would appeal to a wider audience
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Multicultral for the sake of token race is so pushed that it's almost annoying. I wouldnt care if the cast was all black or all asian. But it doesnt appeal just because its the same race.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:52 am