Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Activated Abilities Which Last past End of Turn

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Activated Abilities Which Last past End of Turn Empty Activated Abilities Which Last past End of Turn

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Is there any activated ability that lasts longer than a turn? Specifically activated, since passive is always there unlike infection or counters. 

I'm thinking of like a Mugic: "Engaged creatures loses an element of your choice for the remainder of game."
    For this example I didn't say cannot gain. But that means that creature would have to gain the element each turn to make up for it.

As an Overworld creature with an ability I would find fun is:
    " Generic MC : Expand an element until end of game (creature does not gain that element at beginning of turn), target creature gains a chosen element till end of game."

But as a generic Mugic it would be great with Artcus because he gains from ability
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Activated Abilities Which Last past End of Turn Empty Re: Activated Abilities Which Last past End of Turn

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:03 am

having effects that last multiple turns without obvious trackers can be a memory issue which is the main reason they are avoided. Still you can easily use a counter to track something like this.

Expend fire, put a expend counter on X : "effect"

X doesn't have fire as long as it has an expend counter.

If an ability isn't supposed to be used every turn I feel like I'd rather just use mugic counters instead of expend
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Activated Abilities Which Last past End of Turn Empty Re: Activated Abilities Which Last past End of Turn

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:24 pm

Yeah you're right, this would easily become a memory nightmare. Thank's for smacking some sense into me. It really makes no sense to have an activated ability not being tracked by counters if its intended to last longer than a turn.

Since for each time the ability is used, you would need to keep track of the creatures who've had the extended element, and the creature who's been granted the element.
    The point of extend was so that the player would have to "sacrifice" an element to give an element. Not just a here's an infinite element, pay some mugic counters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:32 pm