Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
jessotic
IflarFan
BlzvSprayTan
zazzy7
8 posters

What happens if the site does go back up?

zazzy7
    zazzy7
    Common

Chaotic Username : zazzy7
    Chaotic Coins : 17

What happens if the site does go back up? Empty What happens if the site does go back up?

Post by zazzy7 Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:37 pm

So I have a question that I'm not sure can be answered. If the site does come back up will everything be reset? Will I lose all my cards that I have traded for and make a completely new account?!? I don't want to lose everything I have!
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

What happens if the site does go back up? Empty Re: What happens if the site does go back up?

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 pm

We don't know. I've mentioned that google has caches of some of the forums(it has saved parts of the forums) so I don't know why Kodo wouldn't have any caches. The longer the site is down, the worse chance we'll probably have: but there is a chance everything will still be there.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Kodo has everything except cards and posts of players: and thats what they're working on now, trying to get them back. I used to play on a website called incredibots; went the servers went down, everything was lost. But again: Kodo has to of had stuff backed up.

Its really up in the air right now.
    IflarFan
    IflarFan
    Rare

Chaotic Username : IflarFan
    Chaotic Coins : 164

What happens if the site does go back up? Empty Re: What happens if the site does go back up?

Post by IflarFan Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 pm

I wouldn't think so. All the times the site shut down everything went back the same.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Yeah but I'm pretty sure this time, the servers got shut down: which is a bigger issue.
    jessotic
    jessotic
    Common

Chaotic Username : jessotic
    Chaotic Coins : 35

Post by jessotic Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:25 am

if it does i am going to be mad. Having to put all the codes back in that would take me days considering the last time i put some codes in it took me a little under a hour
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 pm

What makes you say the servers went down, Blaz?
    I don't mind re-entering codes as long as the codes I have still work. That's what I'm worried about. And if we have to make a new account, what do we do if some of the big names are taken by fakes? Or even your name taken by a fake. That'd be terrible.
    jessotic
    jessotic
    Common

Chaotic Username : jessotic
    Chaotic Coins : 35

Post by jessotic Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 pm

terabyte ( if thats who you really are. just playin) i be kinda of mad if my user name is taken because i know it's not the most original name in the world or anything but jessotic is something i came up with at my uncle's house when thinking of a user name for the original site my uncle sorta led me to it so it has some serious sentimental value to me since my uncle is dead now
    Doublea6
    Doublea6
    newb

Chaotic Username : Doublea6
    Chaotic Coins : 3

Post by Doublea6 Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 am

I would be very disappointed and I probably would never go back. All of my cards are online only and I don't have any of the codes.
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 am

same, if all the cards were to disappear, then some players will be in a rlly bad situation Unsure i know some people like doublea and me, who only started this because some very nice people donated a card or 2, and from then on, we traded and made our way up Smile
    Mmax27
    Mmax27
    Common

Chaotic Username : Mmax27
    Chaotic Coins : 12

Post by Mmax27 Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 pm

I wouldn't be TOO disappointed. If the site went back up, and the game still worked then that'd be amazing. I'd be very disappointed though if the Codes for my cards never worked, or I lost my online collection. I wouldn't put the time and effort back in to buy more cards and rebuild my decks
    zazzy7
    zazzy7
    Common

Chaotic Username : zazzy7
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by zazzy7 Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 pm

I feel the exact same way. I wouldn't want to have to redo everything but it would be great if the site went back up.
    Doublea6
    Doublea6
    newb

Chaotic Username : Doublea6
    Chaotic Coins : 3

Post by Doublea6 Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 am

Yeah Plok, it sure was fun starting from scratch and working my way up to actually having some successful decks.

I hope something happens soon to clarify what is happening though.
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 am

i think the best thing about chaotic was the people we met and what we achieved with very little to begin with Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:40 am