Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Monkey's Story

Poll

Story on the way to Kiru City

[ 0 ]
    Monkey's Story - Page 2 Bar_left0%Monkey's Story - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Monkey's Story - Page 2 Bar_left100%Monkey's Story - Page 2 Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 1
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Monkey's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Monkey's Story

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 am

Chapter Fourteen: The Pits-Part Seven-The Beginning of the End
    Guards filed in from all directions; it was a trap. “How did I know you would be here… hmmm… Maybe it was that you promised Narkus that you would escape together.” He paused before continuing, “Now, you have two options: A) you get back into your cells along with your rescuer, and we all forget this ever happened; B) you die fighting us and no one will ever remember you existed; your Overworld friends already think you are dead.” Narkus was the first to respond, “You forgot C), we cream your codes (yes this is inaccurate, but more appropriate) and get back to our homes.” He sped around the room destroying every Underworlder in his path. Mérast took his lead and started blasting everything he could. They hadn’t noticed but the commander had snuck around behind a pillar and was waiting until they exhausted themselves out. Surrounded by almost 100 downed guards, Mérast and Narkus were fatigued. With no mugic to heal them, they couldn’t take anymore damage. “Ha he hu haec horum he hac hic.” “Ok that laugh is really, really bad. Not only is it the worst laugh, next to Bloot’s, it also means that this was a trap inside a trap.” Narkus struggled to talk in between each gasp for breath. “Yea, they didn’t give us much opportunity to keep in shape,” Mérast commented, “but they sure gave us a workout today.” That was typical of Mérast, always making light any situation. (One quality his son inherited.) “Ok Tardikmus, (a relative of Dardemus) come out and fight, unless your intimidate courage is reversed.” Narkus couldn’t help but smile. Tardikmus was bigger than Dardemus, not as fat or ugly, but much definitely bigger. To fit him, the Underworlders had to carve the passages bigger for this section of the pits.  “Ash Torrent!” (With fire 5 and out perform power 10, this attack could wipe out some Overworlders at regular energy.) Mania couldn’t just watch his father die. He jumped down ran past them, “Rock Wave!” He formed a wall in front of himself, but the torrent was too powerful. It broke through, hitting him full force. He flew back and smacked the wall making an indent one meter deep. A heptagonal shape rolled out of his hand. “Use it,” Mania whispered hoarsely. A sound like no other played as the mugician left Mérast’s body and entered the mugic.  A sizzling was heard, hissing popping; and then a wonderful yet horrid smell. Mania sprung up with pies in both hands. A look of surprise crossed Tardikmus’s face, which then faded into a grin. “Ho ha ha ho, you think you can hurt me with pies.” “Throwing Pie!” By this time Mania was levitating in the air surrounded by an arsenal of pies. The smirked quickly gave way to a fully terrified shock, as the pies hit him full force. (His speed being low, he wasn’t able to dodge any of them.) This time Mania fell to the ground fully exhausted.
    Mérast took a Song of Reassurance from his son’s backpack. He used his last mugician to heal himself before lifting his son over his shoulders and carrying him toward home.

Last edited by Marrillian on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 am

Chapter Fifteen: The Journey Home
    Now that the Underworlders were heading home, Mérast was taking all the back roads to get to the X on Mania’s map. He expected this mark was the way he came in to the Underworld. Then Mérast spied someone. That definitely wasn’t an Underworlder; maybe an Overworlder, but not an Underworlder. Mérast headed in his direction. He recognized this player, but he couldn’t quite figure out who he was. Then it struck him – it was Blargers – but what was he doing here in the Underworld? “What are you doing here?” Mérast inquired. “Shh, if you want to know come with me – quickly.” Blargers ran into an ally with the group following him. They arrived in a dark section of the city, at an abandoned warehouse. Blargers kicked a bush and a key-pad surfaced from beside the door. He punched in his password – Blarg (yes it is that simple, now to figure out his username…). The doors slide back and than aside. Blargers hurried in, followed by Monkey’s party.  The room was a mix between Lord van Bloot’s torture chamber and Ulmar’s lab. Instruments of cruelty had been scattered around, and vials of strange fuels lined dilapidated shelves.  Blargers was already near the end of the room while Mania had stopped to observe his surroundings. Blargers shoved his hand into one of the contraptions, and pulled it out, just as quickly, when it started. Gears started spinning, and the floor in the middle of the room opened up. A platform surfaced out of the crevice. Blargers ran onto the elevator. Mania was still in shock, so his father dragged him along. The elevator traveled at an extremely rapid speed; Mania was floating about five feet above it the whole way down. When it had reached the end of its track, Mania face-planted the floor. “Are you ok…” Blargers interrupted Mérast, “No time to check, just pick him up and go.” Since Mania was too dazed to get up, Mérast had to pick him up again (he was really thankful for the Song of Resurgence).

They were so low underground that the pressure and heat were almost unbearable. If there was a world under the Underworld, this had to be in it. In front of them was a long passage; a platform was suspended above them – Blargers proceeded – the rest followed. It started moving down the passage. Tanks lined both sides of their path, but instead of fish – or even sharks – the bodies inside these tanks were the ex-mods – all of them – held in a state of hibernation. Narkus gasped.

The platform abruptly came to a stop, and Blargers stepped off into what seemed like thin air. “Come, it only appears that I am floating,” Blargers said this without even turning back or stopping. Mania had finally come to his senses. His father placed him on his feet (he isn’t that light, you know). After a little bit more walking they came to a giant chamber.  This place held a source of energy so great, that the mugicians fled from Mania’s body. What was this source of power… To be continued…
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Chapter Sixteen: The Cothica-Part One
    “Feel the energy, isn’t it awesome. I have a feeling that you already know what it is.” “The Cothica,” the trio whispered in unison. “Now that you have seen it I will explain what all this means.” Blargers paused, waiting for what they had just experienced to sink in.
    “As you know I have worked for TCdigital. They were very much like yourselves – like Overworlders that is – they cared for peace, knowledge, and fun. They created the card game wanting to teach kids (through adults) how to have fun, and use their brains at the same time. They also wanted the players to learn what life was like for the creatures in Perim.  But this was not what 4kids was like; they are more like an Underworld-M’arrillian hybrid – only thinking about power, wealth, and maybe a case of world domination. They knew that one day some zealous player (or mod) would find the ultamaent power-source – the Cothica. And they were right, find it we did, but from one of the most unexpected objects – bugs. No, not bugs as in Danians, but as in program glitches. It all started when I was playing around with some lines of code. I noticed a pattern with the occurring glitches. They all led to some very great source of disturbance. At first I thought it might be a hacker, but I finally found out it wasn’t from this world at all – it was coming from Perim. I had been to Perim before, but because of lets say some interesting predicaments. After thinking about what I should do, I thought ‘Occasis always has some insane ideas, maybe he can help me get to Perim.’ On my way to his house I was ambushed by a M'arrillian spy, he was a player under the control of the M'arrillians.  I was very glad for my Russian Garbage Can Defense Maneuvers Occasis had taught me. I “coded” him quickly; he didn’t even know what hit him – I didn’t even know what was in that can. There was some epic looking tech in his pocket, along with a scanner. I took them both and threw him in the dumpster. I got to Occasis’ house being more careful then when I was wanted by the police, for I knew that somehow my discovery leaked out and I was being watched. Once their Occasis let me into his bedroom, flipped the switch and turned on the computer. He was already logged in. He plugged in the scanner and after two hours modifying it so that I could use it. He also used the tech to upgrade a GPS unit, and calibrated it to be able to track the source of the disturbance. I turned out he wasn’t very good at calibrating – I ended up in the Pits. After a few more failures, I finally got to a decent place. The GPS led to this shack so I rented it out so I could explore the area more. It also had all the spare parts needed to drill.  Over the next weeks I arrived less and less to TCdigatal (this in part slowed down the release of Fire and Stone), and the other mods started getting suspicious – Teia most of all. They placed a tracking devise on me, I knew that Teia’s hug wasn’t usual. They followed me hear, no thanks to Occasis – great friend. Well 4kids finally caught on, they had begun to amass a powerful army…

Last edited by Marrillian on Sun May 06, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun May 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Chapter Seventeen: The Cothica-Part Two-The Battle-Part One
    Now that Fire and Stone was already off schedule, 4kids finally had the chance to get the Cothica, but first they had to get rid off us. I knew what were up to and was prepared for the worst. I warned the mods, but the refused. Only Occasis listened – being my best friend, he always listens. Nick also survived – letting power get to his head, he started running around Perim, moving talking creatures around.
    Then they came, before we had finished preparing; swarms of them marching through Underworld City’s streets. 4kids was the real ruler of the M’arrillians; Aa’une was just a prop (much like the queen of England). They were the real reason the M’arrillians invaded Perim.  4kids had always wanted the Cothica, since the moment they heard of Chaotic. Their patience was wearing out after two years; that was when they discovered ancient carvings describing the M'arrillian tribe. They bribed Chaor to begin drilling Ice Piller, where they had placed Phelfor. The Doors of the Deepmines isn’t the only way to access the Deepmines. Bodal thought that he was the first to invent Telebracers. They had been a peaceful tribe, much like Phelfor described, but 4kids showed them a taste of true – but dark – power – a taste that makes one desire the whole. They knew that if they could take control of all the tribes, they were bound to find the Cothica in one of the territories. Well they lost their plan B, the M'arrillians were defeated. The only problem is that they tracked down where the Cothica was while occupying the Underworld.
    We were unprepared for them. With not enough time to study the Cothica’s power, we made a decision to use its power anyway.  
    Not only did their army consist of armed agents, but of creatures from all of the tribes.  The M'arrillians had not really lost control of the tribes, they were only waiting for instructions from a leader. Powered by the Cothica the mods put up a good fight. We took out a lot of chieftains so that most of the creatures came to their senses and helped us fight. They were held back, and then started to retreat. We thought we had won, and were free until they amassed more troops. The creatures thanked us and returned home. But we were wrong, they weren’t gone long. They came back with their real warriors – stronger then the Kha’ralls – these creatures were created by the pure evil of their artists (card artists). I watched helplessly as one by one my team was destroyed, until I was the only one left…
    To be continued…
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 am

Chapter Eighteen: The Cothica-Part Three-The Battle-Part Two
    There were five of them left, each drooling with dark power. And there was one of me, oozing with pure power, uncorrupted by evil. I only had one hope of defeating them – I needed the power of the Cothica. So I made a mad dash for the ultimate power-source. The only thing heard as I entered it was “Super Cooled Rain.”
    The Cothica fluxed when hit with the attack, absorbing its whole impact. While tapping in to its power, I started to glow, and then I felt as I had all the elements. Then energy exploded out of me, flowing in all directions. I grabbed the first monster (insert name when card is created), and spun it by its claws, flinging in into another one, destroying them both. The second (name?) I involved with in hand-to-hand combat, absorbing all its attacks, and dealing hard blows in different presser points until its shell cracked.  The fourth one grabbed my with its claws trying to crush me; instead its own claw cracked – I was invincible. My stats had raised to over 200 each – except for wisdom, but I only realized that later. “Power Pulse.” Boom, it blasted right through it. “Electromagneticfying Incinerating Pulmanization” All of the energy drained from me – my confidence had left me vulnerable. Its stinger pierced my body, I saw it emerge from my stomach; the sharpest blade that has ever existed, but strong to cut diamond without shattering it. I went black, losing touch with reality, but I felt something burning in side me (it wasn’t the Mc Donald’s oat meal), and then I woke up, the (name) was completely destroyed – I was showered with pieces of its husk, raining down like confetti at a birthday party. I don’t know or even can imagine what had happened, but now I know that the Cothica has a mind of its own, and no matter what had happened would have prevented evil from using its power.  Knowing of his failure, the CEO of 4kids resigned.
    The mods you saw earlier are being healed by the power of the Cothica. I don’t know how long it will take – a month or three years, but one day they will be healed and Chaotic will rise up again.
    Now I must tell you of more troubling facts: Maxxor did not actually return to the Overworld. As Chaor and Iparu left, Aa’une took his final victim. In his place was sent a more powerful threat then even 4kids – one that has trained next to Aa’une… King is what he calls himself – a perfect replication of Maxxor.
    To be continued…
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : monkeymania1
    Chaotic Coins : 348
    Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:31 am

Yay- I'm back. Though I think you're a bit behind.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Yea, since the main site is up, and not to many people are on this one, i didn't see a point in keeping the story updated.
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:05 pm

But I'm back- plus it'll be nice to start up where you left off. Continuation is comforting
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 am

Chapter Nineteen: The Journey-Part One-Quester
    There are very people, or creatures for that matter, who know about this; for I have been trapped in Perim. If I try to make contact with my world, I am pulled back before I resurface. It is not only my “code” which is trapped here, but also my body. That was the beauty of that spies scanner, but also the downside to using it. After the Crawsectus incident my real chaotic code had merged with my body, so the only way I could enter Perim was to fully teleport into it. The only reason I tell players I cannot give them any information, is because I don’t have time on Earth to do so. You are Perim’s last hope to stop 4kids. But you can’t do it alone, there is a strange creature in Prexxor Chasm, he pledges alliance to Maxxor; but is a Mepedian himself, and outcast, but also a rouge. He left to live alone in the Chasm. Hoping one day to came back conquer the Mipedians, and unite the Overworld. His name is Quester.

The Energy of the Cothica had renewed everyone. They knew what was ahead of them: one of the most treacherous journeys ever. “I will give you this map of Prexxor Chasm. It’s the best you can obtain. One I hope will never reach the tentacles of M'arrillians… Now go! And tell no-one, for all are spies”… To be continued
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 am

Chapter Twenty: The Journey-Part Two-Dractyl?
    “Wait one more thing before you leave, I must give you this mugic: Cothical Reconciliation. Created from the Cothica itself, I do not know what it might do, but you may find need for it.”
    As Mania’s crew were about to reach the secrete passage to the Overworld, they heard a loud screech unlike anything heard in Perim. “Hey strange Dractyl, come back here so I can get your delicious scales for a snack.” There was no mistaking the obnoxious squeaky voice of Hearing. The strange creature turned back, screeched again and swooped toward Hearing. “Agh, looks like you are related!!” (This was said for the reason that Dractyl had sworn revenge on Hearing, and Hearing assumed that it included any relations as well.) Hearing jumped onto his Windstrider and started toward Underworld City, but he did not make it very far when the strange creature grabbed and tore apart Hearing’s transport, sending him smack into a pile of waste. “We have to save Hearing,” exclaimed Mérast. Hearing was not like the normal Underworlder – he was more an Overworlder in nature and had helped Mérast during the short time he was ambassador, and the Dractyl scales Mérast brought during one of his trips furthered their friendship. Narkus rushed down at amazing speeds toward Hearing, and blasted a few attacks at “Dractyl.” “Here use this,” yelled Hearing searching through his bag. He threw Narkus a Phobia Mask. Narkus caught it and put it on while jumping toward “Dractyl.” “Fearocity!” but it had no effect on the beast. It screeched once more, but this time it came out as a Megaroar! Narkus got pounded a foot deep into the garbage pile. The beast was surprised at its own power, but this time it was going for the k.ill. It opened its mouth and a fire ball started forming, but right before it was able to fire a huge blast of power came from behind it and sent it spinning to the ground.

Hearing ran toward the smoking beast and started gathering scales that had falling around it. “Uumm, better then Dractyl!” Hearing was in a state of bliss. Mérast and Mania had finally made it to where Narkus lay, and started examining his wounds. “I am fine my friend,” Narkus said in a shaken voice as he rose. Hearing ran over with his arms full of scales. “Care to enjoy some?” he asked them. “No we are fine, but do you have some bandages?” “Hmm, I have a lot of junk in this bag…” After making a small pile of his belongings being extracted from the bag, he came across something that could be used. “Inferno Gust – I think that should clean it off.” Mérast began to splint Narkus’ leg, when Mania yelled, “There are some, no a lot of, Underworlders heading this way – fast!” “They must have heard of the prison break and seen the fight going on here,” said Mérast worried, “Hearing can you do us a favor?” “Yea?” “We were never here.” “Why?” “Have this piece of gear,” replied Mania handing him a strange glove. “Oh ah, what’s it do?” “Gives and replenishes earth,” Mania said quickly and hurried off toward the passage. Hearing happily headed back toward the feast. The army on Windstriders had quickly made it to the spot where the beast had fallen and Hearing distracted them in his usual distractive way. Mania’s group made it to the large pillar. “It has to be at the right spot, or we will teleport into solid rock.” Mania was searching franticly for the marking he had made. “Ah here it is. Mirthquake!” The teleported into a small hollow part of the pillar, and then almost magically got boosted up quickly by a platform. “Only earth attacks activate elevator, so even if someone discovers this passage, there will be a whole pain of a trip to come up, unless they know that and have earth. Plus it is too small for any convenient attack – it would take for ever to get even a small army up.”
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 am

Chapter Twenty-One: The Journey-Part Three (The Elevator’s Story)
    The ropes made awful rug-burning sounds as the elevator contraption zipped them up the passage. “In all my years in the Underworld, I never knew about this. Did you make this contraption? And what is powering it?”
    “No, I’m sorry to say I didn’t dad… Here let me tell you the story! Once when I was exploring Kiru City, I overheard two beings talking about the Underworld. One looked like a player though; I waited for that one to leave. The creature, a bit old, looked like a reptile, but couldn’t have been Mipedian. He headed into a nearby shop. I followed him in after a few minutes and ordered a pie. While eating slowly, I kept a watchful eye on him. Right before he finished his meal, I gulped down the rest of the pie and headed out. Then using my spying techniques, that Iparu had taught me, I stealthily followed him.

He somehow knew I was following him, and led me on until we reached a forest; which is the one above us. He hid behind a tree and surprised me when I entered. ‘What do we have here?’ He said in a gentle voice. ‘Seems I didn’t scare you too bad… you’re still standing…’ after inspecting me he continued, ‘A young chap. What may you be doing following me? Come for some excitement and adventure?’ His eyes glistened with adventure from his long past youth. ‘Or are ye come to find my secrets?’ He pulled off a cheesy menacing glare. ‘Just learned of this one myself!’ He quickly returned smiling.”

“Oh here we are! Stories make rides go so fast… I’ll tell you more on the way to the jungle.” Mania walked out of the giant tree that concealed to top entrance to the elevator. On his way, he grabbed something which was shaped as a heptagon. “Depleted Mugic,” He began to explain while walking, “That is what powers this contraption. Put one Mugic in that slot and it runs for two turns: one down, and one up. Then you take out a useless Mugic. (Or at least one that will take much more mugicians then it is worth to use.)” Mania grinned widely; his father tried to figure out what he would try to say next. “It regains its usability after being stored with other mugic for a while… Too bad we used all of ours; now this Song of Resurgence will stay like Bodal’s Pebble Storm” (Even around Perim this joke got around.) But Mérast and Narkus were confused: they had been locked up during the creation of this joke. Mania frowned, he felt bad when people didn’t get his jokes, even thought bad.

“Continuing with the story: The old creature then said ‘How about we explore this one together?’ He began walking into the forest without even waiting for me to reply. I guess the sparkle in my eye gave it away… So I quickly caught up to him and began bothering him with all sorts of questions. ‘What a curious rascal you are! Just because I'm old doesn’t make me know so much, or does it?’ He stopped abruptly, because, surprisingly, he walked quickly. ‘Well here is where it should be; at least according to that player. Paid a good price: let him scan me! Now he can go beat all his friends. Don’t know why he looked so disappointed when I posed… Hey since you’re a nimble fellow, why don’t you do the climbing? See that big tree in front of us? Climb that, and there should be a black branch; push it into the tree. Should open up this trunk!’ after following his command, we heard a lot of gears grinding. ‘Well looke here, that player was right.’ ‘Wowowowowowow… what is it?’ I asked. ‘Didn’t I tell you 20 times! You just keep asking the same question… It’s a passage to the underworld; right into the heart, or did he say stomach… Never mind. It’s a guard-free, secrete passage. Not even Najarin knows about it he said, but that is unlikely. ‘So how did the player?’ I asked. He looked surprised and a little annoyed. “I told ye not to keep asking questions! You young snapper. Now here goes a mugic – no need for Melody of the Meek anyway – and here goes our ride…’”

Just then a loud cracking limb fell in front of the small group. “Halt travelers, and prepare to be unburdened. All goods will be confiscated. Your belongings now belong to us. We’ll get them, either from you dead or alive, your choice…”
    “This may be bandits or just a rouge. Prepare to run…”
    “He he, you wont have neither! Flame Bloom!”
    “Thunder Shout! Got you!”
    A small grown creature fell out of a tree. “Ouch my back. Oh hey, it’s you mania. Sorry ‘bout that, didn’t know you had company.”
    “You know this guy?” Mérast whispered to Mania.
    “Sure do, he loves to play tricks on travelers around these parts, either takes their good peacefully, or leads them into quick-mud. Either way he doesn’t do much harm.”
    “Yea, I give the stuff back, plus something more, or rescue them from the mud pits and take them to the river.”
    “I met him in Iparu Jungle as well, but then he moved into here.”
    “But you knew it was him?” Mérast tone was jokingly mad. Mania’s smile gave it away.
    “You’re just in time for dinner; why don’t you stay a while?”
    “Please, please, please…”
    “Alright mania, a good night’s rest and some much need nourishment is definitely welcome. Also you need to finish your story.”
    “Sorry dad, but that will have to wait for tomorrow.”
    “I guess we won’t stay…” Mérast couldn’t stand serious for long through mania’s sad face. “You win, I’m joking; it is your story after all.”
    “Do you happen to have pie tonight Wantire?”
    “Only if you make it…” They headed to his house as a jubilant party.
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Me likey. Though the decidedly serious tone threw me for a bit.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 am

Time to get this caught up.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 am

Chapter Twenty-Two: The Journey – Part Four
    “Continuing with the story: The old creature then said ‘How about we explore this one together?’ He began walking into the forest without even waiting for me to reply. I guess the sparkle in my eye gave it away… So I quickly caught up to him and began bothering him with all sorts of questions. ‘What a curious rascal you are! Just because I'm old doesn’t make me know so much, or does it?’ He stopped abruptly, because, surprisingly, he walked quickly. ‘Well here is where it should be; at least according to that player. Paid a good price: let him scan me! Now he can go beat all his friends. Don’t know why he looked so disappointed when I posed… Hey since you’re a nimble fellow, why don’t you do the climbing? See that big tree in front of us? Climb that, and there should be a black branch; push it into the tree. Should open up this trunk!’ After following his command, we heard a lot of gears grinding. ‘Well lookie here, that player was right.’ ‘Wowowowowowow… what is it?’ I asked. ‘Didn’t I tell you 20 times! You just keep asking the same question… It’s a passage to the Underworld; right into the heart, or did he say stomach… Never mind. It’s a guard-free, secrete passage. Not even Najarin knows about it he said, but that is unlikely. ‘So how did the player?’ He looked surprised and a little annoyed. “I told ye not to keep asking questions! You young snapper. Now here goes a mugic – no need for Melody of the Meek anyway – and here goes our ride…’”

Just then a loud cracking limb fell in front of the small group. “Halt travelers, and prepare to be unburdened. All goods will be confiscated. Your belongings now belong to us. We’ll get them, either from you dead or alive, your choice…”
    “This may be bandits or just a rouge. Prepare to run…”
    “He he, you wont have neither! Flame Bloom!”
    “Thunder Shout! Got you!”
    A small grown creature fell out of a tree. “Ouch my back. Oh hey, it’s you mania. Sorry ‘bout that, didn’t know you had company.”
    “You know this guy?” Mérast whispered to Mania.
    “Sure do, he loves to play tricks on travelers around these parts, either takes their good peacefully, or leads them into quick-mud. Either way he doesn’t do much harm.”
    “Yea, I give the stuff back, plus something more, or rescue them from the mud pits and take them to the river.”
    “I met him in Iparu Jungle as well, but then he moved into here.”
    “But you knew it was him?” Mérast tone was jokingly mad. Mania’s smile gave it away.
    “You’re just in time for dinner; why don’t you stay a while?”
    “Please, please, please…”
    “Alright mania, a good night’s rest and some much needed nourishment is definitely welcome. Also you need to finish your story.”
    “Sorry dad, but that will have to wait for tomorrow.”
    “I guess we won’t stay…” Mérast couldn’t stand serious for long through Mania’s sad face. “You win, I’m joking; it is your story after all.”
    “Do you happen to have pie tonight Wantire?”
    “Only if you make it…” They headed to his house as a jubilant party.

Last edited by Marrillian on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:36 am

Chapter Twenty-Three: The Journey – Part Five (Campfire Fun)
    “This food is delicious. Haven’t tasted real food in ten long years; and thinking of it, haven’t had a meal in a week…” Narkus smiled in agreement – something Mania hadn’t seen him do yet.
    “Glad you enjoy this fine cuisine pilgrims, for that are what you are… I assume you are heading to Iparu Jungle.”
    “Indeed, then we are off to Prexxor Chasm.” Mérast reached into Mania’s backpack. “Look here on this map.”
    “This map sure extends my knowledge of the Overworld… Please, would you tell me your story? Creatures don’t just go walking around with rare maps and strange destinations.”
    “Wait dad, not until dessert. Mom had given him a few lessons… and with the Bocant in season…” His voice grew lower until he was whispering to Mérast, “He’s bound to have cooked a pie even if he denies it.”
    “You just smelled it Mania! Don’t go making it sound like you foretold my pie-making.”
    “My reasons are still right.” Mania ended the discussion with a tongue.
    After a few pies (Wantire was quite sad he had to share them; he had been hoping to eat them after they left the next day), and a few tips from Mérast, Mania began telling his journey. When Mania was telling the scene about Toxis, Mérast interrupted, “No, I’m pretty sure you used Ember Swarm!!” Narkus looked anxious, and nobody fully realized or else cared, until he came into the story. Now from the point in the story where Mérast interpreted, the disagreements on facts increased so much, that there was more discussion about who did which thing, than actual story telling.
    “I’ll take it from here; I have the best memory if you can remember.” Both Mérast and Mania folded their arms over their chests, curled their tails, and put on a rather pathetic pouting face; making them look extremely childish and rather amusing, because Wantire burst out laughing. And it was definitely not from Narkus’ story telling, because he told it so seriously, that even the more comical parts did not cause one to smile. Even though their faces were so silly, it was nice to see father and son so close that way. Narkus grabbed two empty pie dishes, poured water on the ground, filled them with the mud produced, and lunched them at both of the over-dramatic monkeys. Wantire interrupted his own laughing to blurt out, “Oh no, non of that; I dare say!” Since he wasn’t in the mood for a mud fight, which would have gotten pretty messy for him, since he, unlike the others, did not have earth.
    After a few more interruptions, which led to Narkus threatening to gag the duo with their own tails, the story was finally finished, and all of them, with the exception of Wantire who went to gather firewood, went to sleep.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am

Chapter Twenty-Four: The Journey – Part Six (A New Ally)
    The next morning the trio awoke to the smell of breakfast: Bacon Bake (another phrase for pie). “The last time I made this was the morning Chaor threw me into prison… But it is still my favorite day-starter.” The morning was full of even more jolliment than last night. The Overworld air was reviving Mérast’s and Narkus’ spirits. Best of all, no one was expecting the upcoming surprise. “Well, it has been a pleasure meeting you Wantire, I hope to see you after our adventure…”
    “Not so fast! I’m tagging along with you guys – at least to Iparu Jungle. It is about time I pay Iparu and Primarté a visit. I was planning on going with you after you came back from the Underworld anyway.”
    “Oh, I do remember you saying something like that…”
    “It’s settled then, we’re off!” With that, Mérast motioned for Mania to lead the way. Once they found a good pace, Mania turned around and began telling more of his adventure with the old guy as Mania called him, but before he finished his re-cap, he tripped over a rock. After recovering, he continued the story, but facing forward this time. “The mugic began to glow, like it was being played, and gears started turning. (There was a lot of cracking and creaking though; I fixed that later with some lubricant – compliments of Olkiex.) The old guy hopped on. ‘You coming youngster?’ I followed cautiously which annoyed him. ‘You’re slow for a monkey!’ We finally landed at the bottom. ‘How strange… No use being as deep as the Underworld if we can’t get into it. Wait… what’s this? I do say! Rather distinct dialect…’ The rest of the stuff he said was very technical, so I didn’t really pay attention… but it turns out there was some strange language that pretty much said we needed to teleport out. He was extremely disappointed, until I mentioned I had earth. So we made it out, and did some exploring. But since it is lunch time, I’ll save that for after.”
    “What?! We just had food two hours ago, regardless of the sun’s current position!” Mérast was very interested in the story.
    “Nope, Mania’s right!” Wantire had already sat down and began sorting through a pack for food. The meal was very brief because Mérast was very anxious to get going. (You know how one feels to see a loved one that person hasn’t seen in a long time.)
    Once on the road Mania started talking, but before he had a chance to begin his adventure, Narkus asked, “Where exactly is Iparu Jungle?” Wantire interrupted Mania, “Do you know the forgotten village? Past the old outpost, and through the Shallen Rock Formation? You come to an enclosed desert. I say enclosed, but it really is accessible from anywhere, it is just protected from sandstorms. A very peculiar thing happens: the area appears to attract clouds; at least any that are close. The clouds are drawn into the center and rain there. That is what creates the oasis. Now I have to tell you, it is also a mirage. Due somehow to the clouds, and the difference in heat, you see the sands are stretched upward, and the whole jungle is invisible – or simple looks like more desert.”
    Narkus’ face showed shock briefly, but only Mania noticed it.
    “You do know that area? Since you look like those Mipedian nomads which travel in that region.”
    “I had actually lived in Overworld territory most of my life, but I don’t know why…”
    “Why does everyone keep interrupting me?”
    “Opes, forgot to say something…”
    “Not you to dad!”
    ‘No, no, continue with your story.”

Mania could tell from his smile that he had been joking.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter Twenty-Five: The Journey Home – Mania’s Story (Secret of the World below the Underworld)
    “Once in the Underworld, Trinsquate (I just remembered the old guy’s name) pulled out a mugic. ‘Been waiting 15 years for this: Triad of Timeless Energy!’ ‘Whoa, what does that do?’ ‘Makes me feel young again; hence the timeless – like I didn’t grow old. Now we have some business to attend to.” He took out the leather map with strange writing. We followed it at an extremely fast pace; I could barely keep up! (But my speed has improved since then.) We arrived at a pool of water. ‘Endless wave!’ It separated the water with pretty much an endless wave. He picked me up and jumped down; it had to be about a 4mn (four Mania) drop! He examined the map and recited something I cannot remember. A stairway formed at the other side of the pool. We ran again all the way down – well he used a Rip Tide to rush us down… We were in an abandoned mine. At least it looked abandoned. Mugical dust formed lines in the mined cave walls, but there was a color that was far more common then the rest – black – the color of M’arrillians! ‘This is where I really need the power of that mugic! There are bound to be sentries in the mines. You may think they are just digging for mugic – but I know what they desire. The Royal Crown! It is said to have been made from the Cothica and gives its yielder unbelievable power.’
    ‘Who are looking for it?’
    ‘An ancient tribe known as the M'arrillians. They have been locked down here through the door of the Deepmines entrance. But my research showed me the one we just came through. I just had to get into the Underworld unnoticed first… This map will lead us straight to the crown.’ I heard strange gargling sounds. Then we were attacked by M'arrillians. Trinsquate pulled off incredible moves and effortlessly took out those creatures. ‘The mugic isn’t going to help forever; let’s get that crown.’ It was a maze, and the lower we went, the hotter and wetter it became. He stopped at a certain point, and took out a strange battle gear; it started blasting away rocks. We tunneled into a thrown room. On top of the thrown sat the crown. The room felt as if it had sunk from the bottom of the sea. Coral and urchins covered walls and objects in the room. Stalactites hung from the ceiling dripping the hot water of this world beyond the Underworld. I picked up some stuff while he was inspecting the crown. I broke down a stalactite and inside was a crystal – an unrefined version of the Kha’rall’s shard. I was standing in a pool of water, but not of the humid water the rest of the mines had; it was cold – chilling.”

“The room began to fill with water from under the thrown; the crown’s displacement allowed a well to push up the chair! Steam formed everywhere as the rushing cool water collided with the heated moister of the room. ‘Who has freed me from my grave?!’ the thrown was thrown into the ceiling from a gush of water, and a small but imposing creature ascended. ‘Quickly, we need to get out, play this. I need to save my last mugician.’ The Song of Statis froze him, but not even for a minute. ‘You dare challenge me?!’
    ‘Mirth Quake!’
    ‘Where are we?’
    ‘Lore’s chamber of –––’ A large hand grabbed Trinsquate; life left his eyes. ‘Impossible…’ and they vanished. I will save the story of my escaping infection for later.”
    “Do you have any idea what happened to him?”

“None. I was hoping we could find information when the M'arrillians invaded… But no; I had not even seen that creature again. And it is not Aa’une if that is what you’re thinking…”
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter Twenty-Six: The Journey Home – Narkus’ Secret (part one)
    Mania had finished telling his story, and everyone was anxious to hear more, but no one had the nerve to ask. The next morning, Mania announced, “We should be able to reach Ipparu’s jungle by tonight. Usually I can slip around, but with such a large group, we might run into some Mipedians.” I should be able to lead from here.” Narkus suggested that he could help them avoid Mipedian patrol squadrons. After walking for a bit, Mérast could not wait any longer. “Son, how did you get out of Mount Pillar?” Everyone’s ears perked up, and they all closed in behind Mania. Narkus no longer wanted to lead for fear of missing the story.
    “Right after Trinsquate disappeared, a patrol of Danians rushed in; apparently the energy of the strange creature set off an alarm. ‘Hey you! What are you doing here? What was that arm?’ The leader quacked questions, but was interrupted by Wamma. Overworld spy if you ask me… Heh heh heh.’ The patrol murmured among themselves.
    ‘Where is that Wamma!? Hmm… never mind about him; let’s take this to the embassy.’
    ‘Raznus! Where is Raznus!? Get that scum!’
    ‘What are you doing waking me up at this time…?’
    ‘We found this Overworlder snooping around!’
    ‘Are you the pie maker’s son? You look like your mother though… Come, sit down; let’s get this settled.’
    Wamma walked in. ‘Everyone out! I can handle this. Heh heh. I’ve met your father – good chief. Can you cook? If so I can clear this up easy…’
    ‘What do you want to eat?’ Mania answered with a smile.
    ‘Wamma! Don’t get this boy into your crazy schemes…’
    ‘You still owe me for the Lartaka incident. Heh heh.’
    Raznus mumbled, ‘I could have handled that…’”

“Shush. Listen.” Suddenly Mérast was thrown to the ground. Mania blasted a thunder shout. A half revealed lizard rolled and skidded across the sands. Footsteps formed around the group. “Unstable Sands!” No one had noticed Narkus disappear. Two of the ambushers lost their invisibility as the ground trembled. A fissure formed around Mania’s group, and the sands spilling into the crevice dragged the two Mipedians into the hole. Two sets of footsteps headed toward Narkus. He readied himself and posed as though holding a weapon. The footsteps stopped 5 paces in front of him. Both Mipedians turned visible mid-air, and prepared to strike. The sound of a sword slicing through air, and slashing through flesh was heard. Narkus ducked and both lizards collided with the ground behind him. “He-!” A muffled yell came from Mania.  He flew over the fissure throwing a fit. After he landed, a rope tied was tied around him; a sword appeared at his through, followed by the appearance of a Mipedian. His left leg was missing a chunk of flesh; a patch covered his left eye; and a scar ran up his right arm, across his neck, and up to his chin. ‘If you wish for the boy to live, Rantarskashe, you will hand over all valuables and yourself. And you will be tried before the Elder Trintons for your crimes against our clan.”
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:38 am

Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Journey Home – Narkus’ Secret (part two)
    “Do as he says… I am so sorry for getting you into this mess.”
    “No, Narkus, we are friends; I will come with you.”
    “Heh heh… Overworlders can please the Trintons. I was willing to let you go… because without food, you’re as good as dead. Heh hehe!” His parched, deep voice pierced the sands with his laugh.
    “We will come too dad!”
    “Don’t drag me into this…”
    “Wantire!”
    ‘Fine… I’ll come…”

The two Mipedians who had gotten dragged into the fissure climbed out and tied the hands of the prisoners. The leader blew a whistle which hung around his neck, and a Weron (a strange pack beast Mipedians use) appeared.
    “I had no idea they had invisibility.”
    “In these parts many have found the key to invisibility. There is a well–”
    “Quiet prisoner! Do you dare betray us further? Your crimes against our clan are already quite numerous!”
    The dead Mipedians were wrapped and mounted on the Weron, along with the goods and the leader.
    “Truytuston, those scars are new. The last party you ambushed gave better resistance?”
    “Quiet! You do not have the right to use my name. You are a dead Mipedian.”
    “The government does not tolerate this!”
    “The government is too busy fighting wars.” Truytuston smirked. “They do not even bother to check on us!  And you, you have been gone for 10 years. How did you survive so long? As someone who drank Kado’s Cup? You found the ingredients to the Elixir of Power. The legend says that the effects are temporary, and the cost is death. You killed for it! Yet you survive? This will all be settled by the Trintons.”
    They continued on for three hours; no one was allowed to speak. Finally, an outpost was seen in the distance. “We will rest there tonight, as a sandstorm will hit this evening.”
    A soldier came out to great them and saluted. “Truytuston, sir, glad to see you successfully captured these intruders. Headquarters will be happy to know–”
    “Headquarters will know nothing. This is personal.”
    “Sire, yes sir.”
    “You have gotten quite the position Truytuston. You fulfilled your dream–”
    Truytuston slapped Narkus. ‘Quiet Traitor! How dare you speak of our dreams! You crushed mine.”
    “I have never heard him converse so much,” Mérast thought, “What is it? Who is this creature?”
    They were all sent to bed without a meal, and Mania wasn’t too happy. “Where’s the food! We are dignified Overworlders!”
    “You are prisoners in a secluded dessert! Quiet down or you’re not getting breakfast!”
    Everyone was roused early in the morning along with the soldiers. At breakfast Mérast noticed Narkus. “He looks terrible. What did they do to him?”
    After breakfast, Truytuston announced. “We have half a day’s walk. Let’s get there before lunch. Understood?”
    “I rarely wake up this early, let along walk…”
    “Quiet young prisoner!”
    Truytuston then paid the outpost soldiers a small bag of coins, and mounted the Weron.

The Overworlders were tired and thirsty as they arrived at a large camp-like town. Although its perimeter was circular like most camps, the layout was structured around three wells equally distanced from each other in a triangle formation. “Is this where the Trintons are?”
    “No, we will see them tonight.”
    As they entered, children playfully bounced around them, curious of these strange creatures, but not afraid. Some adults frowned at the prisoners, knowing their fate, while others were pleased, but a few looked shocked and scared.
    “Why are you here Truytuston? Why did you bring them?” an old Mipedian asked while pointing his staff at Narkus. “Leave the Overworlders out of this.”
    “They asked to come.” Truytuston shrugged, and then becoming serious he raised his voice, “Tonight justice will be achieved. The Cothica will be appeased!”

“Fo.ol! Can’t you see? They are blessed by the Cothica!”
    “Quiet old one!”
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter Twenty Eight: The Interrupted Journey Home – Narkus’ Secret (part three)
    At midnight, the party was roused. The moon shinned drearily and snakes hissed as the small group progressed through the quiet sands. They walked to a strange rock formation – a short rock in the middle, encircled by seven tall pillars, forming a heptagon. “Behold our home!” Truytuston placed a mugic on top of the central rock. The mugic glowed, and a downward staircase opened from the ground, spiraling clockwise around the rock. “Go on.” Narkus lead the way, followed directly by Truytuston, then the rest of the Overworld party, caboosed by five Mipedians. The last Mipedian to enter, grabbed the mugic, and the entrance sealed behind them. Brief darkness enveloped the Overworlders till their eyes adjusted to the dim light. Yellow glowing crystals placed on carved stone torches lined the outside wall. After 10 flights of stairs, the spiral of the stairs began widening. The passage began leveling out, and the ground was sand instead of stone. The passage had a feeling of the inside of a sand castle. Further on, the air became less dry; the soil was replaced by sandy dirt. Strange crystal-like grass grew around the trodden path. The path was finally flat, but after a few paces they arrived at a drop-off. In front of them was a huge cavern; the ceiling was a solid glowing crystal which served as the light source. “The sun’s heat goes through the sands, warming the crystal. The energy makes it glow, giving our civilization light. Because of the time it takes to heat up and cool down, our day-time is different then that of aboveground by about a quarter of a day.” One of the soldiers explained.
    “Whoa! This place is awesome!”
    Two stone stairs ran along the sides of the wall the tunnel penetrated. The group took the right staircase. Carved out of the opposite wall was a large temple. Apparently they were heading toward it. A small crowd formed behind the procession as it marched though the town. As the Overworld visitors looked around, the full impact of the strangeness of this place filled them with awe. Throughout the landscape, various streams flowed and shot upwards – reverse waterfalls. “These streams come from the Underworld, but are purified traveling through gravel on their way up, and flow through this land until they hit steam vents which pushes the water flow up. Eventually these waters reach the surface, some form oases, and others form underground streams.”
    Hardly any of the vegetation appeared normal, or even edible; the trees looked like palms, but their leaves were crystalline like the grass, and their fruits skins were like leather. “The inside of the fruit is very nutritious.” A soldier grabbed one from a nearby tree and peeled of the skin. “The core of these fruits glow; the torches are made from those cores.” Unfenced farms lined the streams; growing exotic foods that none of the Overworlders had seen.
    Mérast could not help wondering why Narkus was not surprised at the scenery, and why they were taken here. “Was this your home Narkus?”
    “Was my home…”
    “So what happens at night? Because the moon cannot be bright enough to penetrate the sands.”
    “At night we rely on the glow fruit – Hemick. The ancients placed enough of them on the ceiling to provide a nightly glow; in addition to the streetlights. No fire, destruction, is needed. A peaceful society formed as our ancestors fled the troubles of the surface. Any Mipedian seeking solitude is allowed here. But that is not all, they also know the greed and power of surface dwellers, so they researched powerful battle gears and mugic incase they were ever attacked. We are unknown, except by scholars for out powerful war tactics. The warriors are strong; at least that is what my parents said… Now they seem to rely on sneaky moves.”
    “Watch your mouth Rantarskashe!”
    They arrived at the entrance of the temple. “The training academy… and the meeting place of the Trintons.”
    “Who are these Trintons?”
    “You will see kid. Now move!”

“The Trintons are the immortals! They have been alive for hundreds of years.”
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Interrupted Journey Home – The Trintons
    The gateway to their judgment loomed over the prisoners. But, surprisingly, no doors filled the frame; no gates, no mugical protection, just an empty arch. They walked through into a dome. Water fell from the center of the ceiling into a circular pool which almost occupied the entire room. A statue to the left and right of the fall stood fiercely out of the pool at over 10 meters tall. Each had a beckoning hand, yet a forbidding look: welcoming those who should enter, threatening those who shouldn’t. The group traveled around the right side of the pool, but Mania snuck away and took a peek in to the pool. There seemed to be no bottom to the pool, but it was a window into the unknown. First he saw a warbeast destroying an army of M'arrillians, then an Underworld army clashed with an Overworld, a human was attacking Maxxor… Mania was pulled away by one of his escorts. “The pool of confusion; also known as the pool of time. You cannot make out what is true or false. A glimpse into the past, present, future, even into other worlds.” He bound Manias hands to own of his own, and he rushed him back to the group. They entered a large corridor with arches. Below them was a courtyard. Tables, machines, battles: a training ground and cafeteria. Suddenly Mania’s stomach grumbled, he remembered how long it was since he had eaten breakfast, and took a snack from a pocket. “Dried banana bar; good stuff.”
    “I can’t believe you still have one. There is no way you didn’t eat it while in the Underworld.” Wantire was completely shocked.
    “Want half?” A guard went to knock it out of Mania’s hand, but he tossed it to Wantire, who broke it in half, tossed a half back to Mania, and stuffed the other in his mouth.

Some of the Mipedians below (or whatever they should be call, since they do not follow Mipedian rule) glanced up at the procession. One whispered to an overseer, who in turn ran into one of the many doorways which led in and out of the courtyard. After crossing the corridor, they came into an elevator room all with open doors; one was to the right, one to the left, and one to the front of them. They entered the center one and the door closed upward behind them (this is actually more safe then our elevators, since it’s hard to crush upwards). The elevator started moving slowly forward, and then stopped. A high-pressure release of air sounded, and they were launched forward. Mania became pinned to the back door; the others had noticed the Mipedians holding on to handlebars in the floor and followed their lead. After about 30 seconds, the breaks screeched loudly and the elevator came to a decent stop (thankfully for Mania).

The front door opened downwards as well. Before them was a large hall: 15 meters tall, 40 wide, and 100 long. On each side a banquet table stretched almost the entire length of the room. At the end of the hall, the wall jutted out, and a table with seven chairs overlooking the room rested on a ledge. A golden door was behind the chairs. Two large carved iron doors were inside the arch carved into the bottom of the ledge. “Behold the banquet room of the powerful.” Once they reached at the doors, Truytuston called out, “Most powerful elders, I have brought Rantarskashe!” The doors opened inward away from them. A short passage led into a throne room. Seven creatures sat in a semi-circle, overlooking the group as from the bleachers in an arena. They all looked ancient, but not frail. Their faces hardened and more wrinkled then most Mipedians, but their muscles bulged out from their tops draped in brown cloth. Each appeared in his prime, yet aged; looking unquestioned, unchallenged, undefeated, unrivaled – powerful. Each of the escorts stepped back to the doorway except Truytuston.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter Thirty: The Interrupted Journey Home – Judgment
    The Elder left of the center spoke in a deep voice: “What are the charges you bring against those before us?” He seemed impatient.
    “Oh mighty Trinton, here stands the traitor Rantarskashe: who drank of the Royal Chalice Kado to gain power; who killed his comrades so he could live; who stole from his people; including from your sacred treasury…”
    “Enough,” the one on the far left interrupted, “we know all what has been spoken of him. Whether those are true will be decided. But what we wish to know are your charges against him.”
    “I charge him for killing my friend Kaymon, and stealing the Yolgon Herb which belongs to my family.”
    The second Elder from the right held up his left hand with a waving motion. The central Elder made the same gesture and spoke with a dull voice, “Begin his judgment.”
    Truytuston smiled which stretched his scare in a hideous manner; but most sinisterly smiling Mipedians don’t have a pleasant appearance anyway.
    “Plythur – Securer of Stealth, state your verdict.” The central Elder motioned to the one who had raised a hand previously.
    “This matter shall be settled according to our honored traditions which apply to such personal matters: Puglinx – combat between the two parties.”
    Mania realized the odd shape of the room thanks to his recent expedition to the Underworld – This was a stadium!
    “Clear the judgment area those who are not involved.”
    A small doorway to the right opened. Following a stairway, they arrived at bleachers facing opposite the Trintons. “Minople – Artisan of Weapons will give you what ever handheld battlegear you desire.” The Elder right of the center had disappeared. A doorway under the Trintons’ perch opened and Minople walked out carrying two sheaths. “Pick your weapon warriors.” Each grabbed a sheath, and two distinct handles formed out of them. The Mipedians next to Mania smiled; recognizing Truytuston’s signature weapon. Mérast and Wantire were dumbfounded.

In still a dull voice, the central Elder proclaimed: “Let the trial commence!” He stood up and made a flicking gesture with his left hand. The spectators looked up as a large bell, hanging in the center of the stadium, rang – sounding all 7 notes which shook the ground. Returning their gazes to the field, they noticed that both Narkus and Truytuston had vanished!
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

Chapter Thirty One: The Trial of the Trintons – Narkus
    Truytuston reappeared as he smashed into a wall. Narkus pounded intense elemental attacks at him. Truytuston unsheathed his sword; quickly spinning it in front of him, it redirected all of the attacks to either side of him. Narkus vanished.
    “You know a trained Mipedian can see even the invisible!! Sunder ground!”
    Narkus appeared and landed next to the trench which had just been formed. The ground apparently was extremely dense since the attack didn’t cut into the ground more than a meter. “You have a tamprol left to use your invisibility,” Plythur announced in the dry style of the Trintons. (A tamprol is about 5 minutes.)

The bell sounded an A to announce the end of the tamprol. Plythur made motions with his hands, and both fighters lost invisibility. Narkus took out his weapon and launched into the air. He sliced through a Power Pulse. Narkus’ and Truytuston’s weapons and skill were incredible – both able of disarming the other’s attacks.
    Minople spoke, “One tamprol before you lose weapons.”
    Truytuston took out a dagger and blasted an earth attack from it. When Narkus sliced through the missile, it exploded into thousands of metal shards. Instead of shooting into different directions, the debris all continued toward Narkus. One ripped through his right thigh, another lodged in his left shoulder, and a few pierced his stomach. Narkus winced as he tore out the splinter in his shoulder. Grabbing his sword with both hands, he began to spin it. He brought the twirling sword to his right side, and thrust it forward. “Endless Slice!” Diagonal foot-deep cut marks carved the ground toward Truytuston. He jumped out of the way, but his right foot toes were cut off. The wall behind him crumbled. Breathing heavily, Narkus let the sword’s tip touch the ground. He dropped it, as blood dripped down the sword from his hands. He checked his hands – burnt.

The bell sounded a B – the weapons vanished. “My knife!” Truytuston had just cut off his left sleeve to bandage his foot. Narkus clenched his bloody fists and rushed at him. Quickly making a knot, he counter-attacked, “Thunder pulse! Viperlash!”
    “Thunder Shoot!” Narkus side-stepped and continued rushing.
    “One tamprol more of your elemental usage.” The Trinton on the far right stated.
    “What else can they take away?” Wantire mumbled.
    “Almeggedon!”
    “Your end is here: Final Punishment!!!”
    The stadium glowed with the intensity of the attacks. Narkus was barley standing. Truytuston rose to his feet, lifted his left hand, and wheezed: “Pebble…” The bell sounded a C. “Storm…”
    Truytuston fell forward to his knees. Narkus walked over. “You were not able to prove me guilty.” and grabbed the kneeler’s head. “Infringo!” While falling to the ground, blood poured from Truytuston’s mouth and nose. His head had not been deformed; an internal attack. Mérast shuddered. “What powers has he?”

“Truytuston’s charges for Rantarskashe have been proven false. Bring before us the other defendants.”
    The Mipedians quivered with fear of facing Narkus; the stories they had heard of his powers were child’s tales compared to a novel.
    “We dismiss those other Mipedians.”

The soldiers’ faces showed relief. As they left, Mérast noticed the absence of Mania. He nodded at Wantire, who took it as a sign to not mention the disappearance.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter Thirty Two: The Battle for Acceptance
    Mérast and Wantire joined Narkus, who was bleeding and breathing heavily. The center Trinton spoke: “Why have you come back Narkus? Only Truytuston could have been foolish enough to think he could capture you. I am still perplexed at why you brought these Overworld misfits with you. They would have been safer at the jungle.” He glanced at Wantire. “We are quite aware of our neighbors.”
    “I had to make my capture more believable.” He coughed and looked as his companions. “I am sorry friends for the trouble I caused you because of my destiny.” A tear mixed with blood and dripped off his chin.

The center Trinton was annoyed at the sentiment. “As you are quite aware, no outsider may enter our society, unless that creature can prove itself worthy.”
    “I will take their place.”
    “We will have none of that. You have had your trial. Now it is theirs.”
    Iron bars surrounded Narkus and sealed over his head. The cage began levitating. Narkus sat down and began meditating (it looked more like sleeping). The giant stadium doors opened and the cage took Narkus through them.

“Here is how your trial will commence: you may fight us each alone, or you may fight together. If you fight as a team, the number of us will equal the number of you. Meaning: if you defeat one of us, we will replace that creature until you defeat us all or both die; if we defeat one of you, one of us will retreat.”
    “We will fight together.”
    He nodded in response. “Here are the items that were confiscated.” He waved his hand, and a brown-cloth bag traveled from himself to them.
    “Haha, now this is more like it.” Wantire pulled out most of the stuff and equipped himself all over.
    “I have not had this battlegear for years; how did you acquire it?” Mérast picked up a decorated fold-hilted sword.
    “The past is bound to repeat itself; use your mistakes to prepare for the next time it comes around.” The apparent head Trinton motioned with both hands. The Trinton one seat from the right, and the one two seats from the left entered the field.

“Let the games begin.” The speaker of the Trintons rang the bell.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chapter Thirty Three: Two Trintons Introduced
    “I am Alkja – Master of Elements.” He created a whirlpool around him, then pushed it out with a guest of wind, spraying both  Mérast and Wantire. Next he breathed an intense fire that dried them off. Wantire snickered and whispered. “I thought dragons were myths.” Mérast laughed softly but nervously. Finally he enveloped himself in an earthen armor from the dense ground. The bell rang a B.
    “I am Plythur – Master of Stealth.” He began to turn invisible. “As you are new to our warfare, I shall give you a word of advice. Act like true Overwolders.” He disappeared; the bell rang an A.
    “Every tamprol you take to defeat us, the more powerful we will become.” Alkja disappeared as well.
    “Hey, no fair.”
    “They never said their abilities were exclusive to each one.”
    “No, my Spectral Viewer is broken.” Wantire pouted.
    “Get down!” Mérast spun while flaying his arms.” Chunks ripped out of the ground around him and flew in random directions away from Mérast. Although he stopped spinning, the attack would continue for a while.
    “Look there – the rocks part around that point.”
    “Hand me the viewer; I’ll give it a try. Focus on the Trinton in the spot you pointed out. I assume that is Alkja, since he is redirecting the stones.”
    Wantire pulled out a slingshot. “Bad chicken-moldy-bone to the face!” The greenish-white ammo flew into the mess of projectiles. Whack! A head appeared jerking backwards. “Rother’s Eye!” (The equivalent to our “Bull’s Eye.”) The head disappeared again, and the rocks ceased parting. A stone arm formed out of the ground, grabbed Wantire’s face, and slammed it into the ground.

“Thunder Shout!” The hand shattered. “It seems that they are able to use each other’s abilities, but not too well. I have a theory that they can only use the ability of the other Trinton battling. If we are going to have a chance at this, we need to defeat Stealth for now. Of course this is only a theory….” The storm of rocks had ended.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:58 am