Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

MAX STATS

King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

MAX STATS - Page 2 Empty Re: MAX STATS

Post by King A-Game Darini Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:49 am

Mommark's energy infuser can up to give 40,stone mail and Husk Armor give 50 at a cost yes but still 50. The cost of stonemail is extra 5 on attacks,can't move and lose ability..I always put it on Ixxik and had Ailav in back and since ailav's in the mix I'd just give Blazvatan Husk or drilldozzer or aerodrone. 125e blazvatan with the minus 5 on attacks (to make 15 attacks do 10 and effectively negating the bad ability) would be a big game changer on such high energy beasts. Sorry I just miss discussing strategy..I've been playing (winning) chess a lot lately with my older brother because of that.

EDIT: wow I totally forgot that we were talking about stats and I'm just saying that in a game where only stats vary and not energy then the perfect 4's and 3's are what people are gonna trade monstrously for.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:30 pm

1. Name an attack that gives energy...

2. Again, 3 or 4 max disc is much rarer than max energy, which kind of breaks the popularity of trading for them. Sure, card sharks would be after them, but not the general community.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:01 pm

The thing with attacks though... here's my logic good luck trying to explain this - probably not a strong argument. You are attacking, therefore = attack = deal damage or do something that can aid in dealing damage or turning the tide of the situation = gaining disciplines/changing locations/destroying gear what ever. But if you gain energy well... what is the point of support in a deck? Plus if you are gaining and not dealing how is that possibly an attack... This argument would also bash healing attacks.
    But this is on a tangent, I know where blzv was going lol
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Wait did Telekinetic bolt heal 10 or was it gain 10.. and another attack would be grantake's stance gain 10 if you had an overworlder. Healing attack's like flash mend :stat check wisdom 50 heal 5 and hmm there was one where it was challenge 15 i'm pretty sure courage and it healed 10 can't remember the name though. Sure these are small numbers but like everyone's been saying the 5 to 10 energy can mean the difference. I loved using Grantake's stance in my Mix Meek deck...if was such a game changer esspecialy with Grantake and stelgar in back. I had 2 in the deck along with strike of the meek so it was high cost but marksmen's prep x2,aftermath feint x2,flash mend x2,that one challenge courage heal attack..I wanna say evaporize or something with an Ev.. x2 ,primal smash and carniwin. The deck cycled itself. 17 bp with 13 cards..still had some room for flash kicks. (I used daggers) and just through in 1 psychodrain like cards and then through in some shadow strike challenges. plus 2 reverbantes. The extra 25 stats from grantrake and the psychodrain kinds would help with the challenge can stat check cards. anyways Gran's stance would destroy the opponent's gear,effectively negate there next attack because the minus 10+meek being on,gain 10 e ensuring being able to go again and deal 10 (20 with dagger) to the opponent. witch really took it's toll. Lore plus Aich king on the side+waterproof 25 (rebant and grantake) +husk armor +his abbility and meek equals WOW (30+20+50+25sometimes+30 heal and -30 to the opponent) 100 or 125 and a 30 heal so 155 +intimidate 10(40 with ability) 25 plus to stats and 3 amazing attacks well 7.. (with primal,marksmen,carni ,2 gran's and strike) and able to heal with 4 attacks on the side.. Most people gave up cause of how long it would take but I enjoyed watching the ones who stayed suffer xP (or I'd lose...sometimes but that's okay)
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Ok so we're just about on a whole other subject now. Agame you need a strategy discussing thread, because your preaching to the choir on this thread.

Answer this:

Would you like to have attack damage be a scanned value? Say Primal Smash was 10 to 20 damage? Technically attack had variation in the show as well.
    Would you like to have mugic values be a scanned value? Maybe Cannon of Casualty should deal 10 to 20 damage?
    Would you like battlegear to have scanned values? Perhaps Stone Mail could give 40 to 50 energy?
    Would you like locations to have scanned values? Mipedim dew farm could give creatures "1MC: Heal 5-15 damage to target creature."
    Would you like creatures to have varied elements? If they lost or gained elements in the show, they would have been scanned that way.

The point is.. we are used to Energy value being varied, and that's the only reason now that one would be against it. Variation in the card game does a terrible job of mimicking the show's.. and generally singles out certain cards.

If the game started out with having 1 energy value we'd be appalled to have them change it to what it is now.

PS: I'm sure looking for Maxxed disciplines would be like looking for a Maxxed out card today.. perhaps a slight increase.. but nothing else would change. It's not like we don't look for good disciplines today... you're just misguided because we look for max energy that much more often!
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:41 pm

@agame
    Whoa block of text, 
    must 
    have 
    white 
    space

Yea max energy comes practically first in any trade before disciplines, a bunch of times I've just said forget disciplines in exchange for just having the max E
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 am

1.Would you like to have attack damage be a scanned value? Say Primal Smash was 10 to 20 damage?

Attack's weren't scanned in the show.

2.Technically attack had variation in the show as well.

They are though, If you don't have water you can still do 15 with deadwater devastation but no extra value or extra water 15 etc.

3.Would you like to have mugic values be a scanned value? Maybe Cannon of Casualty should deal 10 to 20 damage?

Mugic was always set in stone in the show.

4.Would you like battlegear to have scanned values? Perhaps Stone Mail could give 40 to 50 energy?

Who scans a broken battlegear...

5.Would you like locations to have scanned values? Mipedim dew farm could give creatures "1MC:

Heal 5-15 damage to target creature.
    Locations were scanned values dude..Their's like 4 Storm tunnels and Riverlands and such.

6.Would you like creatures to have varied elements? If they lost or gained elements in the show, they would have been scanned that way.

Same here...Like Takinom gained Air and such in a later verstion (different scan) of her plus the change we're talking about (different stats and energy) are the varied scans. If they lost their Mugic or elements their would be absolutely no stablity in the game and you'd spend all your time seaching for a creature who has their extra mugic or elements or even just break even elements and mugic.

@KM4 same here I would mostly go for max e then maybe if I wasn't to rushed to make the deck I'd trade the max e for max e plus max c or whatever I needed
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:02 pm

1.Would you like to have attack damage be a scanned value? Say Primal Smash was 10 to 20 damage?

Attack's weren't scanned in the show.

2.Technically attack had variation in the show as well.

They are though, If you don't have water you can still do 15 with deadwater devastation but no extra value or extra water 15 etc.

So we're going to go for some pokemon based game where attacks are on the cards? I'm pretty sure the card game in the show actually had attacks though... So lets just leave this point out please.

4.Would you like battlegear to have scanned values? Perhaps Stone Mail could give 40 to 50 energy?

Who scans a broken battlegear...

Actually this happened in the show for a very rare battle gear...

6.Would you like creatures to have varied elements? If they lost or gained elements in the show, they would have been scanned that way.

Same here...Like Takinom gained Air and such in a later verstion (different scan) of her plus the change we're talking about (different stats and energy) are the varied scans. If they lost their Mugic or elements their would be absolutely no stablity in the game and you'd spend all your time seaching for a creature who has their extra mugic or elements or even just break even elements and mugic.

Same thing with looking for max stat cards... I see you're point blzv, but you went overboard lol
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Good. The point was to see the point.

@Agame..
    So if card repulbishing solved the variation of scans, why couldn't energy have been done that way? Takinom original averages 40 I believe, while SK averages 60.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:21 pm

I think it was just to give a bigger boost seeing as Original Takinom and Frafdo couldn't fight NEARLY as on par as their new counterparts (Shadow knight and Hero respectively) The new scans were more to show the growth of the characters for after the MI and AU series..The change in energy and stats was to show the variation of like a couple days or so.. Witch is why there's like 3 (or 4?) Magmon's and 3 Takinom's(varied sk's with the promo..),2 Chaor's and Maxxor's was soon to be a third Maxxor (elemental champion..not sure about Chaor) I'm not sure but I think the most reprinted card had like 4 or 5.. Can't remember who it was though.

I get your point but I think the way they did it really reflected the show to the best it could and really that was the best way to do it as some of the youngin's only bought the cards to hopefully "go to chaotic and perim" and effectively line the creators pockets with their pearent's cash. Not calling them greedy or anything just saying why I think they did.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Isn't it the same old story with any thing...
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 am

Marrillian wrote:Isn't it the same old story with any thing...

Explain
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:35 am

"and effectively line the creators pockets with their pearent's cash"
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian