Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

What About the Mugicians?

cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : cromax123456
    Chaotic Coins : 406

What About the Mugicians? - Page 2 Empty Re: What About the Mugicians?

Post by cromax123456 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:16 pm

just what is a Mugisphere?
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 pm

The crystaline heptagon-thing that holds any combination of Mugical notes, and thus the spell.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:21 pm

so a Mugic?
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 pm

In a very direct sense, yep. Technically the Mugic is the note combo inside, but that's really all the thing is. Mugispheres are just the housing units for them.
    Speaking of, I wonder if you can just play a Mugic independently of a Mugisphere. Like if a muge were to play Canon of Casualty on a lyre or something. Then again, that could be the unsafe method that led the Mugicians into obliterating themselves.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:28 pm

where was the name Mugisphere first used? I never heard of it before and would like to know more
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 276

Post by Doublea Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Dang this is all pretty interesting, I'd never thought about it at all.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:37 pm

It's more or less from background lore I found on the very first Portal to Perim. Don't know if you remember, but the domain of Chaoticgame.com used to just be a weird gray site able to put hidden codes in to get bios of Creatures and other thing. This was back when the 4Kids site had those Chaotic scanners and before the first Chaotic TCG cards were ever printed. The short backstory they had on Mugic can be found on Chaoticgameplus.com somewhere.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:40 pm

yea I didn't really start playing until second set so I was a little late to the party Tongue
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 pm

That's ok. I soaked up a ton of info on this game before it even was a game.

How many of you remember Thondor, the guy Tom used against Sarah when they wanted to test out Phelphor? His description in the G1 Portal to Perim talked about him scouting the Overworld waters and seeing strange things when he went deep down. That's what lead Sloan and I to know about the M'arrillians long before they opened the Deepmines. We didn't know that that's what they were called, but Thondor's bio and the original Deep Ones from the Now or Never Wikipedia page told us that there was something down there.

I assure you the fact that we guessed that their color would be black was completely coincidental...
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm

they give so many hints on tribes that they plan on releasing Tongue maybe the Mugicians will turn out to be an "extinct" tribe or something
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:19 pm

I'm worried about if one gets brought back and isn't quite as friendly as most would think.
    "Here lies the charred remains of {insert name here}. Loyal Underworlder, ambitious muge, and resurrector of a Mugician. He was vaporized before he had a chance to regret the decision, much less scream."

Plus they may not all be dead. Keep in mind that the Mipedians has their own resident phantom: Owayki. He may not be a Mugician himself, but he might know more about them. Same goes for Banshor down under.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 276

Post by Doublea Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:10 am

Owayki sounds like a creature from the spiritland don't you think?

I remember that super old chaotic site. It was pretty confusing. I started watching the show which lead me to the set and then the game. Been here since the beginning Tongue
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:51 am

cromax123456 wrote:So what exactly happens to mugicians after being used?

Let's take a step back and talk about mugic itself. What is a piece of mugic? Mugic are songs based in a language of power which is uninterpretable to the modern denizens of Perim. The mugicians were able to store the power of these songs in crystal mined directly from the Crystal Caves (The hardest substance in Perim). The creature who's closest to being able to actually understand the language of mugic is Donmar, and it's driven him completely mad.

Now where do the mugicians come in? These long since passed denizens of Perim are well known for affiliating themselves with specific tribes which they feel best represent what their interests were in life. No creature can use the power of the songs themselves, so they call upon the mugicians when in times of need for assistance. The mugician then simply activates the innate power of the physical mugic, releasing it from the crystal. Nothing happens to the mugician, they're simply being called upon to use a power which was already locked away in that crystal. The reason a mugician won't help one creature repetitively is that they are still 'living' remnants of a race far greater than any creature in Perim. They are giving a gift of their power, and demand due respect for it.

What happens in Chaotic should never be related to what happens in Perim. They're two separate entities, and should be treated as such. One is a game, and the other is a vast world with a deep and tragic history of war. The "use" of a mugician only applies to Chaotic.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:59 am

They may demand respect for their services, but not everyone grants it. The fluidmorphers' technique of extracting Mugicians is most likely an abusive method, but the Mugicians don't seem able to do a thing about it. And while no Creatures can use a Mugic on their own, some can convert Mugispheres and the Mugic inside into raw energy. This is how Milla'iin is able to dominate the weak.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Afjak∞ wrote:They may demand respect for their services, but not everyone grants it. The fluidmorphers' technique of extracting Mugicians is most likely an abusive method, but the Mugicians don't seem able to do a thing about it. And while no Creatures can use a Mugic on their own, some can convert Mugispheres and the Mugic inside into raw energy. This is how Milla'iin is able to dominate the weak.

There's no reason to assume the M'arrillians are taking mugicians by force, let alone that it's even possible to do so. Fluidmorphing should be seen in the same manner as a mugician's lyre - something that the mugicians find appealing and will give their favour for. There's no example of the intricacies of fluidmorphing found in the show, so it remains to be seen how it truly works in Perim.

Mugicians are on a higher plane than regular creatures, and are not to be mastered. Creatures like Vyll are a good thought, but an incomplete one. Vyll doesn't have the power to remove mugicians, he uses the help of the mugicians in his favour to make one leave another creature. Creatures that move mugicians become a lot less interesting when you realize they can't do a thing on their own.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:45 pm

this just put plenty of theories down the drain XD and these Mugicians existed in their ethereal form in ancient Perim when everything was just starting so could it be possible they come from a time before Perim similar to how many believe there is a time before our universe?
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Keep in mind that this is the same Tribe who tried to flood all of Perim. The same Tribe who may have learned psionic techniques and fluidmorphing during the time they allegedly possessed the Cothica. The M'arrillian's track record doesn't give an indication that they have the slightest care to find what appeals to anyone, much less a floating ghost. Abuse is what they do. That's not an assumption, that's history of every M'arrillian shown except Ab'lop--and we're not even sure he's actually a M'arrillian. The Mugicians might find Siril'ean's summons about as appealing as Erak'tab's control is to Rellim, but they can't do anything about it. And when you claim that there is no reason for assumptions on the functions of abilities in Perim and then give an assumption on how Vyll's ability works in Perim  is both contradicting and insulting. This is the whole reason why we have speculation here: trying to clear up what we don't know. Is it a leap to guess that the fluidmrphers pull Mugicians by force? Yes, but that leap is taken because we don't know.

Besides, Na-inna requires no Mugician to move them from host to host. It's not something that she can do in rapid succession, but she is still able nonetheless. And if I were a Mugician on my alleged higher plane, seeing the muges take great care when they work with Mugic and create new ones and try to avoid making the same mistakes our race did, I would be feeling a small sense of mutual respect to them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:48 pm