Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Riversong
lilsnoop
bobosmith01
KingMaxxor4
Blitser
lazerbem
cromax123456
11 posters

Gothos

cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : cromax123456
    Chaotic Coins : 406

Gothos Empty Gothos

Post by cromax123456 Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:50 am

I remember seeing somewhere that Gothos was Van Bloot's ancestor but is there any more information on him?
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Gothos Empty Re: Gothos

Post by lazerbem Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:44 pm

I don't think that is canon. I may be wrong, but it may just be the wiki being stupid
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Oh my bad XD I couldn't remember where I saw it from so I thought it was canon Hehe
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:53 pm

I could be wrong, but the Chaotic book I have makes no mention of Gothos at all
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm

It could be that Gothos is only the name of the tower, it's too bad that much of this is speculation
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:09 am

Double confirm.

I've never seen anything about a creature named Gothos in the lore. Never trust anything you read on the wiki without confirming it around here. We've got ya sorted.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:07 am

I feel like us players should make a new chaotic wiki with correct information Tongue
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:09 pm

And better formatting and grammar
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Although its been a while since I've worked on a wikia, if we have some interest, I can take some time to set one up.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:23 pm

I'd think it would be better to just mass edit. It's partnered, after all, so arguably more efficent and noticable.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 am

But the problem is none of us would have admin privileges.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:02 pm

I dunno. Just feel like it would be easier.

On another note: Gothos is indeed a creature, but only in Now or Never.

Unless the quality is distorting his ponytail to make it look like a brown shell, Gothos seems to be like a turtle, just from the few shots of him I can find.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Link to the image?
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:34 pm

lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Yeah, that looks more like a deformed turtle than anything else
    lilsnoop
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by lilsnoop Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Agreed on the mass edited on the wiki. I will do it this weekend.
    Riversong
    Riversong
    Common

Chaotic Username : Riversong
    Chaotic Coins : 16

Post by Riversong Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:45 pm

I've been communicating with Terrac1 (an active admin on the wiki) to try to fix up some of the articles (particularly those that need new images and removing and rewriting plagiarized content). If anyone feels inclined to create pages for cards that don't have them yet (but please keep in mind that we're trying to get multiple versions of cards consolidated into single pages) or add some better card images (preferably from TCO to maintain consistency), that would be really great.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Hmm, it would make sense though, hmm if Gothos was a character in the pre-chaotic maybe they have more about him?
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:31 pm

It really doesn't. We know from the Chaotic book that a lot of the creatures from the original are simply renamed for Chaotic, Maxxor was Mad Cap for instance
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Yeah, but from what I found from a few minutes of looking up is it looks like they wiped almost everything related to to the Chaotic Now or Never. So unless anyone currently on this site played the Now or Never, whoever put that up on the Chaotic wiki might have been a Now or Never game player. Since it seems like most of the information put on was from Now or Never.

Although that isn't the Chaotic that is currently created at the moment, since they changed a lot from it. Because I don't see how in ours it would make sense that Gothos was the leader of the Underworlders, if we know about Kaal, and Kiru being a relative of Chaor.

But it would explain why Lord Van Bloot was second in command if he had a underworld royalty blood line maybe somehow. Although the Chaotic never stated anything about Gothos, if the Now or Never version had a story plot behind Gothos and a card, maybe they were planning on adding something or planning to plan.

Because Kiru City for example, that's named after Kiru, so why couldn't Gothos tower be named after Gothos, and why would Lord Van Bloot be living in it unless it was part of his blood-line.

Although that can be questionable by why wouldn't Chaor be living in Kiru city because it's part of his blood-line, but then Chaor doesn't know about Kiru as far as we know, just like Lord Van Bloot could know about Gothos as far as we know, but we just don't know about Gothos.

But basically we don't have enough info on it, but we do know characters have been renamed and such and such. Although I think Gothos would have been a better name for Lord Van Bloot, although I think they did have a Lord Van Bloot card for Now or never.

So much that could have been unraveled or could be unraveled. Something tells me this is going to be one of the best topics we had on the Chaotic Forums in a while.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:35 pm

The wiki is horridly inaccurate, if that's the only source you've got, we've got problems. Seriously, even the Portal to Perim said nothing about the tower being named after his daddy
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm

I've sent an email to ElementalDraco218, I dunno I'm pretty sure some of you might know who he is. But he had that picture of Gothos up on his site and it seems like he was a huge fan of Now or Never, kinda like what we have on this forum. I don't know if he'll email me back but I asked him if he had any information on Gothos.

As for whether Gothos is the daddy of Lord Van Bloot, we don't have enough information for that. We can assume that Gothos Tower was named after a creature named Gothos, we can assume that Gothos was an important figure for the Underworld, and we can assume that he once existed seeing how the Now or Never card game had him in it. But other than that we can't really put a bloodline in with Lord Van Bloot. Obviously the information on him can't be 100% correct if any of it is. Unless the Underworlder leaders are not chosen through Kiru's bloodline.

I'm going to say what I believe at the moment in my own opinion is Gothos tower is named after a creature called Gothos. I'd have to say he probably is still alive somewhere to if he did exist, so probably in an Underworld prison. Which means he probably did something to tick off Chaor...

...but the only problem with that is I doubt anything would have ticked Chaor off that much aka the fact that LVB is still roaming around like a delinquent. Probably just a character that they never got to introduce..because of you know.. I mean we didn't see Vlar and Kiru till the last few episodes of Chaotic. And we have the Vlaric Shard and Kiru City from both of them.

I just wish they would have did some episodes on Gothos if he was important.

In the end I'd have to say my last opinion on how Gothos might have been introduced may have been in a flashback from some Underworld creature of what Gothos was like, and then him ending up leaving Gothos tower for specific reasons.

I wonder if they were planning on making a card of him? Because I just can't see anyone pulling that wiki stuff out of their butt...but the spelling is pretty bad.

So I'll agree that anything about Gothos on the Chaotic wiki is mere theory until it can be made a law.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:26 pm

The wiki does pull stuff out of its butt, see Arctus's page, which is really just a fanfic.

Also, Gothos could just a be a word in Perimian, kind of like how solon is a term for time.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:42 pm

But that would be denying the fact that Chaotic Now or Never had a creature of Gothos, like bobsmith showed us. I agree that most wikis do pull stuff out of their butt, but we have to acknowledge the fact that Gothos existed maybe not in the Chaotic TCG, but in the Now or Never series. I really wish we could see that picture better.

I'm not trying to defend what they have in that Chaotic Wiki, but Lord Van Bloot is living in Gothos Tower. Although knowing Lord Van Bloot, he probably just found it empty or something and lived in it.

But I did take a look at the Wiki and it looks like someone recently went to Lord Van Bloot's page. I was going to ask if it was anyone from our community messed with it. Because it has that Gothos thing on it also.

So is Magister Revelations anyone from our community?
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:12 pm

They could simply have taken inspiration from the name. Maxxor as Mad Cap was very different despite knowledge that he was inspired by him.

I mean, Tom and Kaz existed in Chaotic Now Or Never but Kaz was a cyborg and Tom was a blondie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content