Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

When you were a noob

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

When you were a noob Empty When you were a noob

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Everyone was new to the game at some point and I'm sure we all have some cringe worthy things we did back then so its time to share.

When I started around the time beyond the doors had come out and so me and my bro each picked up 2 starter decks so we would have all 4 tribes to start. As you know the decks were based around 2 elments and 1 disciple per tribe EX: fire water wisdom for overworld and from that moment on I for some reason became convinced that cards of those tribes lacking in those areas where worthless. all creatures that couldn't innately have the 3 things I needed either a gear to help them or just weren't used. this became especially funny when my friend pulled a LVBSOA since he then built a deck around it. I tried telling him that von bloot was terrible since  he had the 2 elements that were "worthless" to the underworld. but with a mix of dainians and other underworlders with earth he made a pretty powerful deck that trashed me more than once. I still didn't learn though till I got back into chaotic after the site went down and now I finally make much more varied and decent decks.
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : brainard52
    Chaotic Coins : 89

When you were a noob Empty Re: When you were a noob

Post by brainard52 Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:07 am

I've sadly blocked most memories from around the time that I was playing. I don't really remember much about what happened when I was playing Frown
    BrianG1
    BrianG1
    Common

Chaotic Username : BrianG1
    Chaotic Coins : 18

Post by BrianG1 Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:32 pm

I started back in Silent Sands and I was obsessed with card art- I only used cards that had ornate or interesting art. My first few decks were mostly air based decks since I loved using Xaerv for some reason in everything. I think I even made a deck with Xaerv, Siado, and Ramarhvir and I thought it was decent and that creatures with 30 energy or less were underrated. For some reason I never used the standard meek cards, more noticably Melody of the Meek, in these decks though and yet I still consistently won with them. It wasn't until I started buying more cards that I started paying attention to everything and learning new tricks besides elements, but I was incredibly unlucky with pulls as my town didn't stock up often on cards. I didn't pull a creature with water as an element until around the RotO set and I was so excited- it was Arbeid.
    jessotic
    jessotic
    Common

Chaotic Username : jessotic
    Chaotic Coins : 35

Post by jessotic Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:40 pm

well my answer to this is a in two parts the first i started watching the anime when they did the little sneak peek back in 2006 and started watching the episodes when they first started airing at the start of 2007, and when the cards came out in October of that year i got a deck from the gamestop that was a town over that carried the cards i got the overworld deck and a pack of cards, and since i couldn't play the other kids because they didn't care to know about chaotic i played against myself by splitting the deck in half and doing it like that until a cousin of mine learned about the game and i started playing against him on a bi-weekly basis
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:28 pm

I took an attack deck of random cards and then split it in half for my early games. Not only did this lead to little shuffling, but often one person would get useless attacks. I didn't really have decks at that time, just picked out what I wanted then cut the attack deck.

I also thought that Challenges could mean either greater or lower than

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content