Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
gerbot150
Ashbringer367
6 posters

This thing that all the tribes fight over

Ashbringer367
    Ashbringer367
    Common

Chaotic Username : Ashbringer36
    Chaotic Coins : 39

This thing that all the tribes fight over Empty This thing that all the tribes fight over

Post by Ashbringer367 Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Well I wanted to see if I could spark some discussion on what it ACTUALLY is in the sense that we all have our own envisionment of what the Cothica is, is it a place or is it some kind of relic or both,

Here's what I've gathered as fact
    The eye of the mealstrom is a one way portal to the Cothica and if it closes then in Peytons words "the mugic of all tribes starts playing out of key"

We can also confirm that almost everyone believes it was in the hands of one of the tribes at one point though no one player or creature can agree which tribe it was.

And despite never actually seeing it it somehow holds enough sway to keep the tribes bitter rivals (though that dosen't take a hell of a lot).

These 3 things are all I am willing to state as fact about the Cothica, now for a bit of speculative grounds,
    Heptadd and Narfall have both been believed by other creatures where the Cothica is (Heptadd even believed to have tapped into it) Now we know at the end of the series that Heptadd is a spirit lander so in theory unless we open up a very possible debate as to whether the spirit landers have any ties to the Cothica this is a no go.

There is also a variation of Mudeenu that has a quote on it about believing the Mipedians have found the cothica and how Mudeenus new power makes that very believable, though this is only one variation on a card that is from a time period we never saw in other media so this is also an unconfirmed setting.

So that's what I can gather, now my belief for the Cothica is that it is an other worldly place that is in fact connected to the spirit landers (remember Mugics are cast by channeling the spirits of ancient mugicians... Note spirit in that statement) and is an entity that was never actually on Perim but was perhaps once more noticeable in Perim but the power dimmed which is why they now have to give up mugics at the eye of the mealstrom (because the connection between the Cothica and Perim is slowly closing)

So there's my rather long conversation starter, where we go from here is anyones guess, any takers? `
    gerbot150
    gerbot150
    Common

Chaotic Username : greglymaster
    Chaotic Coins : 44

This thing that all the tribes fight over Empty Re: This thing that all the tribes fight over

Post by gerbot150 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:19 pm

That last part about it being in the spirit land and the two worlds closing could have been the shows way of bringing tangath back. Chaotic wasn't exactly game of thrones in that sense, and since they already brought him back once (from the wave) why not again?
    Ashbringer367
    Ashbringer367
    Common

This thing that all the tribes fight over Empty Re: This thing that all the tribes fight over

Post by Ashbringer367 Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:56 am

It would certainly make for a fun storyline, perhaps an adventure into the spirit lands where we see Tangeth there, there's a lot of potential story surrounding the Cothica and the Spirit Landers.... And everything really, Perim is a very rich world
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:02 am

While I appreciate the heavy theorizing and detailed description, but maybe its cause I was slightly older and more...'worldly experienced' then the expected viewer, but I always thought that the Cothica was a mere myth and in the end all five of the tribes were fighting over essentially nothing at all.
    Its why there was no defined thing. Nobody knew what Cothica was, nobody knew who controlled it. Everything about it was up in the air. So it seemed like everything about it was a rumor so I always thought it would be great gut punch at the end all the tribes go to war for the Cothica just to find out it was all a lie.
    Ashbringer367
    Ashbringer367
    Common

Post by Ashbringer367 Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 am

Hey CS, I myself do not discount that as a possibility, I just personally have my doubts about that being the case (we really do not agree when it comes to speculation do we lol)
    Now the existance of "chorus of Cothica" is my big reason along with the whole Eye of the Mealstrom thing.

Now perhaps the Cothica isn't what anyone thinks it is, perhaps it is in fact a metaphorical place, it's "there" but it's not if that makes sense, kinda like a Mipedian Mirage
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:33 pm

Looking over Narfall, unless I missed something, I don't think the Wiki actually got-ANY of that right. Pretty sure it's a fanfiction.

Back on topic though, the Cothica clearly has some relation to Mugicians, just based on Eye of the Maelstrom. If it IS a physical object, it'd probably be in a Mugical location. But honestly, it's so vague and unsure-who knows?inb4 the first episode of season's two blew it up at mugician's arch
    Ashbringer367
    Ashbringer367
    Common

Post by Ashbringer367 Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:09 pm

It looks like it was elsewhere but my comment about the Cothica actually as far as my memory serves it was from a quote on a card of some variaty, I don't know what card it was (confident it was a creature though) where from memory it said the following
    "Many people believe Narfall has seen the Cothica but he sure isn't talking!"

Of course the Cothica as we know is tied to Mugic, but then allow me to put a spin on this, what are Mugics? Al lthat is certain is that they are channeled through spirits of ancient mugicians and they are magical (musical).
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:37 am

About it being another worldly place,you're pretty close there pal lol. The answer has been yelling at you in plain sight this whole time.

Chaotic
    Cothica
    All the same letters just rearanged. The power to make all of Perim. Creatures,mugic,battle gear,and most important locations and be able to tap into the creatures minds and use their powers and bodies as mere playthings.. it's so obvious and be able to connect humans clearly from another demention to some spot that exists ouside of everything while spliting peoples minds in half (earth self and chaotic self)

This might of all been revealed at the end of the show. When I first started playing in Dawn of perim days and I got the doors of the deepmines card..The first thought I had was I WANNA OPEN THOSE DOORS.
    Dranakis threshold being a portal to the past,kiru is an underworlder,the spiritlands.. I don't think these things were just made up on the spot.The show had some big plans for things that started way at the beggining.

bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Ashbringer367 wrote:It looks like it was elsewhere but my comment about the Cothica actually as far as my memory serves it was from a quote on a card of some variaty, I don't know what card it was (confident it was a creature though) where from memory it said the following
    "Many people believe Narfall has seen the Cothica but he sure isn't talking!"

I sort of recall that flavor text, but Cothica if I can find it. Anyone know which card/if there even is one? I can't seem to find anything.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:59 pm

I mean that sword he has is pretty OP so who knows
    Ashbringer367
    Ashbringer367
    Common

Post by Ashbringer367 Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:13 pm

And according to the words of Chaor all those gear used in Chaors Commandos were one of a kind.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:44 pm

so I just finished reading the khilian sphere so I may be late to the ball on this one but is the lost city just straight up the cothica spoilers for the book if you care about that sorta thing?

here's the main evidence
    1. the tribes didn't mention the cothica at all, if the cothica was something that happened further back then the events of the book there should be more informantion about it at that time then the present right? or at least the same amount but none of the tribes mention it. at this time the city of elements has yet to become "lost" and so if there the same it would make sense for there to be no legends yet.
    2. the cothica is said to be both the source of elements and mugic as shown on numerous cards heptadd being a good example of both, during the events of the book the elemental vortices shown in the city control the power of both elemental attacks and mugic, a crystal table (one made of the same type as mugic spheres) channeled the power of these vortexes this allowed the muges of that time to cast mugic simply by singing and channeling the powers of the city without needing to even use mugic spheres. muges of that time were significantly more powerful with this type of mugic. the vortexes could also be used to amplify elemental attacks significantly as seen during the books climax. when the city eventually falls and the table and vortexs are damaged muges lose alot of there power only able to cast mugic from muge spheres are much weaker and more limited. It also halted the power of elemental attacks for a time but those returned as well its unclear whether their power or ease of use was affected though but certainly the amazing feats of the done by channeling the vortexs are impossible now.

the the conclusion is this when the city remained lost of many years until the present day but tales of the power it used to bring lived on changing over time. The marrillians had the means, motive and opportunity to dilute the tribes memories of the city at the time. but its also possible it was just forgotten simply do to time. Eventually in the modern era tribes only remember a great power with control over elements and mugic alike. it unclear were the word Cothica itself would have come from or why it bears a similarity to chaotic and of course this is only a theory but I think it fits the bill pretty well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 am