Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Unda deck?

smbooth712
    smbooth712
    newb

Chaotic Username : Undascore
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Unda deck? Empty Unda deck?

Post by smbooth712 Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:45 pm

Hi,

I just got onto the online scene recently, learning about via the subreddit after rewatching some of the old show. I know and accept not every creature is good, after doing so many games with experiments that go terribly wrong. But as I was rewatching I remembered one my favorite character desgins- Unda, Servant of Water. And while I've tried to make her useful- I usually run up short.

Below will be my current list, any suggestions/tips are appreciated. I do apologize, I'm not always geared to the meta/competitive play.

Creatures
    rellimwatermaster
    undaservantofwater
    lommadesertwanderer
    dalgad
    aivenna
    heptadd

Battlegear
    orbofunda
    gigantroper
    orbofunda
    torrentkrinth
    torrentkrinth
    citadelfragments

Mugic
    fluidfugue
    fluidfugue
    harmonioushighsong
    harmonioushighsong
    interludeofinterruption
    fluidmorphersfanfare

Locations
    riverlands
    riverlands
    doorsofthedeepmines
    doorsofthedeepmines
    theoverworldlibrary
    theoverworldlibrary
    everrain
    everrain
    kirucity
    kirucity

Attacks
    floodforce
    floodforce
    mindstrike
    mindstrike
    aquarecoil
    aquarecoil
    flashmend
    flashmend
    quickexit
    quickexit
    liquescentswirl
    liquescentswirl
    rainspears
    rainspears
    shadowstrike
    directedbravery
    directedbravery
    mindrazor
    mindrazor
    degenervate

Drosera
    Drosera
    Common

Chaotic Username : Drosera
    Chaotic Coins : 15

Unda deck? Empty Re: Unda deck?

Post by Drosera Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:24 pm

To be brutally honest Unda is probably one of the least playable Creatures in the entire game; a Creature whose only ability is element gain is already very lackluster in terms of utility (hence why none of the Elemental Servants see any play, which is a shame since their designs are neat only for them to be ruined by horrible card design), and she has the misfortune of sharing a tribe with Kalt, who does the same thing she does but better (and even then is rarely used for gaining elements anyway).

That being said, the list you posted is an example of a build where you absolutely do not want to use Unda, since all your stuff already has Water and therefore her ability is almost entirely ineffectual. All she does is counteract the occasional element removal, and Harmonics of Water does a better job of that, so she's replacable by better supports like Najarin, High Muge or Arbeid who have better abilities and are effectively the same with a Gigantroper. (Edit: Just saw the Aivenna in the front line. Cute idea, but seems like a square-peg-round-hole situation with the attack deck being spread between Aivenna attacks and Water attacks since Aivenna is usually built without Elements and with a sole focus on Wisdom, so attacks like Mindrazor are more a hindrance than an asset. Plugging attacks wholesale from one deck into another is generally not good practice since context is important in Chaotic.)

Presumably the intended use of Unda is to reload Expend abilities to get more uses of them in one turn, so she'd get marginal value when paired with Donmar, Tablet Translator. Sure, spending a whole Mugic counter on what's basically 10 heal isn't stellar, but it is basically the one thing she does better than Kalt (plus I checked the card pool and the other Water Expends are probably even less useful).

Alternatively, you can give Water to an opponent to enable Xaerv, Monsoon Defender; remember that you need to give Water before combat starts to use the Waterproof ability. Grantkae, Mipedian General pairs well with Unda for the same reason, and I've also seen/played a gimmicky Ixxik build with Abin-wor based around giving an enemy Water before ramming a giant dinosaur with +50 Energy into it. Granted, Kalt is better in these situations as previously mentioned because he has better flexibility, but Unda can do the same primary job.

Last edited by Drosera on Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Drosera
    Drosera
    Common

Chaotic Username : Drosera
    Chaotic Coins : 15

Post by Drosera Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:40 pm

As for this specific build though:
    - Never play Degenervate or Liquescent Swirl, losing your element is far too heavy a drawback (I understand Unda can regain Water but I'd prioritize using her counters for other things).
    - Mugic hand is far too expensive, sure you can get counters back with some of them but negation hurts; Rhyme of the Reckless in particular is heavily recommended in place of Fluidmorpher's Fanfare and either 1 Fugue or 1 Highsong
    - Heptadd doesn't really help you here, his stats are weak and you're not using his elements

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 pm