Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
KingMaxxor4
Doublea
BlzvSprayTan
7 posters

Goodbye Mipedians

BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Goodbye Mipedians Empty Goodbye Mipedians

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:38 pm

So the second Official Offline Tournament is coming up this weekend(by the way: you're all invited), and Km4, Anti and I have been trying to relearn chaotic so we can be somewhat good competition for each other.

Trying to create a deck has been a challenge because not only do I not remember many cards, but I also don't have much clue as to what strategies to run. To be good at masters, you have to have a weave of underlying strategies, not just throw some good cards together(which is pretty much what I've been doing while brainstorming this weekend).

Having been an experienced Mipedian player, I feel that I can't do much more with Mipedians. I've done all I can as to find the best of Mipedian strategies; so I've moved on to another tribe.

I've selected Danians because of the most over-powered ability in the game: Illexia's 'adjacent creatures gain defender'. I'm not quite sure if I will run them at the tourney because as of now I haven't even started my deck yet, but it seems to me that Danians have the most synergistic of strategies. Why? All because of my new favorite card: Lore Ancestral Caller.

He'd typically be considered a 'helper' because he is labeled as a Muge, and he has 3MCs with an ability to help engaged creatures. However, with 65 energy and 100 courage you can place him in your front line; and it just so happens that this is the composure of a lot Danian creatures. My gawd, look at Elna: you want him to die and it's often that he still wins combats! If do you manage to have a weak Danian in your deck, though, don't worry- because Illexia gives defender to ALL of your creatures(it's just so OP). If chaotic managed to make a card that was flexible enough to work for all strategies: it's Illexia. In fact, as long as you're not doing hardcore compost, you'd be dumb not to put Illexia in your deck!

Don't think that Danians have as spunky of strats as Mipedians do? Just wait. Danians have yet to be spray tanned.

SO after this long rant(it feels good to have these once in a while) my question is: what's your story? Have you been a hardcore tribe member and switched?

Spoiler:
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 276

Goodbye Mipedians Empty Re: Goodbye Mipedians

Post by Doublea Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Well I started out liking Danians when I first started chaotic. They were very underrated, but the problem is you have to have a lot of danian cards to make good strategies. I had never bought cards, so it was pretty hard to play. I then really liked M'arrillians, especially when they were just rumors back in the day. They finally came out and kind of sucked... I didn't really like the brainwashing strategy, mostly because I like running one tribe armies, not mixing them together. But I had some good times with some Kha'rall armies.

I have now realized the Mipedians are my favorite tribe. My favorites mostly being the new Zhade and Gintanai. They are just so smooth and have some sweet card art. They began being underrated, but have really grown into a tribe. I think they are a little more simple then Danians and M'arrillians too. I also have better physical Mipedians which is nice.

Also it sounded like some awesome Mipedian cards were going to come out in the next few sets. Like their leaders and mystic dragon warriors. So that would have been awesome. Overall Mipedians are my tribe now. I'm currently thinking of a Ribbian, Enre-hep combo deck, but I'll never be able to finish it. I'll just stick to a 1v1 Gintanai army I guess.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm

BlzvSprayTan wrote:I've selected Danians because of the most over-powered ability in the game: Illexia's 'adjacent creatures gain defender'. I'm not quite sure if I will run them at the tourney because as of now I haven't even started my deck yet, but it seems to me that Danians have the most synergistic of strategies. Why? All because of my new favorite card: Lore Ancestral Caller.
    Ahha, learning from Infectious Resurrection are we?

Doublea wrote:They finally came out and kind of sucked... I didn't really like the brainwashing strategy, mostly because I like running one tribe armies, not mixing them together.
    You haven't been running M'arrillians properly Tongue

BlzvSprayTan wrote:SO after this long rant(it feels good to have these once in a while) my question is: what's your story? Have you been a hardcore tribe member and switched?
    The fact is I am always a hard-core Overworlder with M'arrillian influences. Or a hard-core M'arrillian with Overworld influences? Hmm tbh I am both. Because I feel the M'arrillians are the most powerful, but thankfully the creators of the card game were wise and didn't brainwash as many creatures as the show had LOL (Yea I didn't like those episodes with Aa'une at all real lame Tongue)
    But the real problem with M'arrillians is that they just were given too many counters in Masters format Frown Although hey, perhaps I can push them past their limit. Although this is what I like about chaotic, the top decks (I mean with creative flexablity, those decks that are crazy hard to play) all seem to have a weakness, and so their aren't some this that and the other decks that are top teir with everything else below them... *cough* yugioh *cough*

But to end this on a sad note, I feel that the Mepedians really were not focused on at all throughout the series, with even Silent Sands producing nothing to revival what other sets have done for other people. And the Underworlders and Danians really got away the most powerful Tongue Although Overworld does have its warriors too.

PS.
    YIPEE a topic about rants
    IflarFan
    IflarFan
    Rare

Chaotic Username : IflarFan
    Chaotic Coins : 164

Post by IflarFan Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Well, coming from somebody that doesn't really play the card game, I've never really betrayed my fav tribe. Tongue
    But my favorite tribe used to be the UnderWorld, until the Mipedians were introduced.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:15 pm

I've always been an UnderWorld player despite my rank of M'arrillian tribe member actually. The joy of having a Magmon with Fire 20 just because of a one location flip can't be matched.

That said, I think my best deck for masters format is a Mipedian one.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:48 pm

So do you want me to be changing your tribe membership to UW?
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Marrillian wrote:So do you want me to be changing your tribe membership to UW?

Nonono, I picked M'arrillian and I'm gonna stick by it. P:
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:33 pm

I think I'm actually going to give up. Over the past several days I've been studying Danians and it just seems like too defensive of a tribe. It takes duel Elhadds or Aszil to do anything... and Aszil doesn't even exist.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Using prerelease cards are one thing, no existent... tsk tsk
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 pm

BlzvSprayTan wrote:I think I'm actually going to give up. Over the past several days I've been studying Danians and it just seems like too defensive of a tribe. It takes duel Elhadds or Aszil to do anything... and Aszil doesn't even exist.

I should get Beckett for you, he's about as good as it gets if you're after a master Danian player these days.

Danian's can be plenty offensive, but that defense is definitely a huge part of their playstyle. They're the toughest tribe to use in Masters for sure, but they also have the most potential.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 pm

No, they are the most Meta to use in masters. Some simple compost and boom you're good.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Back when the competitive scene was around the only compost creature who you would see was Elna though. That style is the absolute most mindless one you can do with the tribe, and it's full of holes.

I don't know whether to say I have fond memories of this or not, but Searchmanexe's danian decks are like a nightmare. They exhaust every resource from your deck and can do a good 8-10 revivals if needed.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Neekwin compost with Vials are the nightmare. But Neekwin revival is even worse... Mix the two for death Tongue
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:55 am

Blits, whens the last time you've seen Mipedians in masters? Heck, whens the last time you've seen warbeasts?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:10 pm

I don't think blits is denying the fact the Mipedian masters don't exist lol
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:46 pm

BlzvSprayTan wrote:Blits, whens the last time you've seen Mipedians in masters? Heck, whens the last time you've seen warbeasts?

My favourite masters deck is a Mipedian one actually. Twas built by me to focus on Enre-Hep: High Muge of the Desert, while the front row gets extreme buffs. I always get a laugh when people try to range into my Enre-Hep, because they think he's a weak creature then take 80 damage in one attack.

As for warbeasts... Ya, they aren't the greatest choice for masters. You typically want to use Savell with warbeast decks, but then you're stuck being unable to use his counters.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:07 pm

It's true that Enre-Hep was a huge break for Mipedian masters play, both of them were really. He's the whole reason Vollkomm is as good as it is.
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Chaotic Username : FinalOne1
    Chaotic Coins : 87

Post by FinalOne1 Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:29 pm

I started as Overworld, then to M'arrillan, then Danian, then Mipedian, and then Underworld. I started with bias, then ended with neutrality!
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ManOfAction
    Chaotic Coins : 123

Post by ManOfAction Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:41 pm

I betrayed my tribe early on. I was a Mipedian player and I still really like them, but once I pulled a Chaor and other cards like Underworld City I couldn't help but become an Underworld player, especially since they suited me so well. In the end though, I played all tribes, except I didn't mess around with M'arrillians all that much. I just didn't care for them.

Marrillian wrote:The fact is I am always a hard-core Overworlder with M'arrillian influences. Or a hard-core M'arrillian with Overworld influences? Hmm tbh I am both. Because I feel the M'arrillians are the most powerful, but thankfully the creators of the card game were wise and didn't brainwash as many creatures as the show had LOL (Yea I didn't like those episodes with Aa'une at all real lame )
    But the real problem with M'arrillians is that they just were given too many counters in Masters format Although hey, perhaps I can push them past their limit. Although this is what I like about chaotic, the top decks (I mean with creative flexablity, those decks that are crazy hard to play) all seem to have a weakness, and so their aren't some this that and the other decks that are top teir with everything else below them... *cough* yugioh *cough*

I agree with most of what you're saying, except that. Yu-Gi-Oh! is not so different with top decks, just fewer people have originality and it is harder to tweak when compared with the versatility of some Chaotic armies. 1 of my friends does great in tournaments and has made it to Nationals and Worlds with a deck nobody would give a second glance. I'm good at Yu-Gi-Oh! but this thing hurts my head and makes no sense. Anybody else tries to use it and fails instantly, but he dominates with it, even over the Meta.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:32 pm

There are just some yugioh combos that work for certain people lol. I personally run decks that people think are ridiculous (in a bad sense). Do I play irl? No, but on DN I'm fairly good.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Marrillian wrote:There are just some yugioh combos that work for certain people lol. I personally run decks that people think are ridiculous (in a bad sense). Do I play irl? No, but on DN I'm fairly good.

That's my point though. There are top decks outside of meta, but they are rarer than in Chaotic. With my internet I can't use DN, but I do get the occasional duel in real life since I have a few friends that play.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 pm

With Chaotic the real meta would just adjust after each big tournament to the winners deck. The competitive scene was really original.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Blitser wrote:With Chaotic the real meta would just adjust after each big tournament to the winners deck. The competitive scene was really original.

I think that was 1 of the saddest parts when the cards were no longer being released. Without new cards very little could change. Zamool and Ursis were powerful, but we all know that in a couple sets they would've lost a little luster at least.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 pm

I think cards were to go for more synergy than stats at this point. I highly doubt we'd see creatures start taking up in 75+ energy, etc.

Expend was a good start, but they needed more.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:37 am

Need more intimidate energy. Perhaps b-gear.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content