Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Behind Closed Doors: Secrets

BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Behind Closed Doors: Secrets Empty Behind Closed Doors: Secrets

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Preface(also the last chapter to BCD: Warbeasts):

-The night remained stormy. Rain fell upon the roofs of Overworlders’ houses, then rushed off and onto the streets. It was late, most of the town was dark. Maxxor’s chamber remained lit, the light a faint glow, distorted by the rain. A bang was heard across the city.
    “What is this sound that has appeared more than once now!” Maxxor yelled.
    “Calm down, Maxxor. Perim is full of noises and happenings. Im sure it is nothing strange.” Intress satisfied him.
    “No, no. I have this feeling. Something is coming. I just don’t know what yet.”

=

-Reluk sat in the study hall of the castle. There was one thing that bugged him. It wasn’t the scratchiness of the stool below him, or the dark drapes that lined the room. They had discovered the seven temples, defeated the ancient royals, and even had a powerful book of warbeasts. In fact, it was Fivarth’s story that overwhelmed him.
    “It was said the temples wouldn't be activated until a great evil was to arise. With the Marrillians slain, who knows what can be more evil. The desire of the cothica can be truly corrupting.” Fivarth had stated when they embarked on their journey.
    -Was this story true, Reluk wondered.

=

-Malachi walked into the library of the Academy. Home again, he thought. The thought was irrational though, the adventure had given rise to a sense in him that he did not know he had. He had loved the journey, and as he took his seat at the counter he wished he was not there. With the journey, he had become toned, and found out so much more about warbeasts than the library ever gave him. He was intrigued by them, how magnificent they were. It made him proud to be a Mipedian. Malachi lifted a stack of books he was not finished organizing when he had ventured off. Then, something happened. He dropped the books, and lifted his hands into his view. He felt a power surge through him. He did not understand.

Last edited by BlzvSprayTan on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Behind Closed Doors: Secrets Empty Re: Behind Closed Doors: Secrets

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 pm

The above content is the unedited version of the last chapter of Behind Closed Doors: Warbeasts. It is the only chapter I had created before actually posting, and therefore is the ONLY chapter I still have saved. The rest of the content has been deleted.

It was controversial at first, this chapter, because it did not complete the story. Yes, it was a cliff hanger; however, it was meant not only to provoke a sequel to the story, but also secure the preface for the sequel. Well, here you have it. The story is once again starting. The creative juices are following. It is time to see how our young characters continue in a world so harsh.

For readers that do not know the previous content, I apologize for not storing it safely for your viewing. In regards to needed information, the following is a synopsis of what you missed:

Mipedians. Fierce creatures, the Mipedian tribe, and one that is probably the least known. From them, a divide; this divide includes stealthy warrior Mipedians, and ritualistic conjurors. The conjurors are able to summon large beasts which have made, and broke, Mipedian history. The king of the Mipedians, Theb'saar, was just getting back from a journey when he again embarked on another. He took many with him, including several guards, warriors named Ankhyja and Iflar, conjurors named Fivarth and Reluk, and one young individual named Malachi. Together, they followed a scroll that revealed to them not 6, but 7 temples that introduced to them several warbeasts that had been forgotten. The last temple revealing that the scroll would include all warbeasts previously conjured. Following them, were forbidden Royal Mipedians of old, which were finally defeated by Theb'saar's men after discovering the seventh temple. The men finally arrived home after their journey, but many found suspicion in a reverberating sound that was happening, with increased frequency. And this is where our story begins.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:27 pm

I had a glimmer of hope that you had found it on some kind list floppy disk... Tsk tsk
    I am excited for the revival of the series though! I bit of clarification as to the back story. You wrote this first, but then went with a different beginning. Did your have this in mind as the end of warbeasts?
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Marrillian wrote:You wrote this first, but then went with a different beginning. Did your have this in mind as the end of warbeasts?

Not sure if 'this' you're referring to is the first story, or the one I am beginning to write.

Spoiler Alert:
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:10 pm

"Not sure if 'this' you're referring to is the first story, or the one I am beginning to write."
    Oh, this was the bonus chapter for warbeasts. I was going to say that lol. What you said makes sense yea. So yea, I was referring to the first story.
    IflarFan
    IflarFan
    Rare

Chaotic Username : IflarFan
    Chaotic Coins : 164

Post by IflarFan Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Yay! I'm glad this is continuing. Big Grin
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:14 pm

Ah ok king.

And ty Iflarfan!

Just to give you guys a heads up- the new chapters will have a better layout so it will be easier to read. Also, you will notice I do not add additional comments to chapters or attach a signature.. just to make some improvements to how I used to post.

Anyways.. Stay tuned!!
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Behind Closed Doors: Secrets Empty Chapter 1: Their Arrival

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Chapter 1: Their Arrival

"The cothica does not exist" an unknown voice anounced. His words were slow, and mellow.
    The other figure shouted "But how could this be?!"

There was a chuckle, and the older one sat down. The younger one sat down after him.

"It was made up, and believed."
    "I don't understand. How do you know this?"

He had to wait as the other took a breath to begin his story.

"Long ago, there were no tribes. There was peace in Perim. Until one day, one creature would decide the fate of Perim."
    "Who?"

The air sat still, just as the two sat still. The words he spoke seemed to fill up the room. The room was dark. The younger one could hear more than he could see.

"An evil one, one who wanted to destroy the land. He tried uselessly at first, until he had an idea that would change Perim forever."
    "What idea was that?"
    "The Cothica."

There was a pause.

"You see, the evil one went out alone one day to conjure his plans for destruction. He came back with an idea. He told others that he had found the source for true power, but that it got away from him. He called the power: The Cothica."
    "And they believed him?"
    "Power gets to all of us, does it not? So it did to the creatures of old. They went searching for it. Some under the ground, some above. Some the deserts, some the sea. Some the cracks of valleys, some the tops of mountains, and some the sky. Thus, the tribes were created."
    "Created, how?"
    "As they looked for the Cothica, each had an idea where it was, and each of these believers had followers. As they sought out after it, they created the seven tribes."
    "Seven?"
    "Yes."
    "But there is only 5."

The elder one laughed.

"You are misguided young one. Just because you cannot see it, does not mean it is not there."

The young one sat in disbelief, as he counted on his fingers each of the tribes he knew.

"But there is only 5."

The elder one laughed again as he saw the younger one struggle to deal with information that was before him.

"You know only of 5 because the others have not shown themselves. Until now."
    "Now?"

There was a loud roar, almost like thunder. Seconds later, there was banging on the door. The younger one looked at the door in terror. He looked back over to see that the elder one had vanished. The door broke in. Beings, ones that he had never seen before, entered and held weapons to him. They were drenched from the rain, and the water carefully slipped down their weapons to the point, and dripped onto the young one's lap.

"Take him."

The two creatures on his side lowered their weapons and took him by the arms and dragged him out of the room. He looked down as the rain came harshly into his face. He couldn't see where they were taking him. They threw him into the carriage, and took off.
    IflarFan
    IflarFan
    Rare

Chaotic Username : IflarFan
    Chaotic Coins : 164

Post by IflarFan Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Suspenseful first chapter! I really like it. Big Grin
    "You are misguided young one. Just because you cannot see it, does not mean it is not there." Lol Mudeenu's quote.
    But I feel like the young one is Fivarth, since he knew the story.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Nice first chapter. haha, now I understand why you said I won't like what you're doing (maybe), you're going for the 7 tribe total aspect. I need to see how you pull it off. And snap the whole idea of the origin of the Cothica. Snap this is really good!!! I wish we had the original BCD: Warbeasts.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Blits where has this gone Frown
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Chapter 2: Not at Home

Malachi was standing outside of his home, taking shelter under the clay roof of his porch while the sound of rain swept the village. He leaned upon the wooden pillar, one of the two supporting the rooftop. A stroke of lightning struck not so far away. The light shuttered, revealing a carriage, speeding away in the distance. He did not recognize the drivers. He did not recognize the carriage. A streak of lightning stroke again, bouncing him off of the pillar in fright, distracting his deep thought of the site of the carriage. The light was enough for him to get a glimpse of a note that harshly fell out of the night's air and onto the ground from the rain. He put up his hood as he took a step out from beneath his porch's protection. The drops of water began sprinkling onto his coat as he walked toward the paper with caution. Perhaps, he was too busy in curiosity to rush his steps. One house, and another, he passed as he made a stare onto this bewildering piece of paper that must have fallen from the bewildering carriage. He passed another house, then looked down onto the piece of paper. He gently squatted down and picked it up. He focused in order to read the few scribbled words.

"The Cothica was a lie." He read allow to himself.

Below was a poorly drawn royal symbol, one that was used only to exchange information with Theb'saar. Whoever had written this, was being sincere. Malachi quickly rolled up the note, which had become drenched in the rain, and stuffed it into his coat. He made a brisk pace to Reluk's house, which was only a couple streets down. With each step, it felt as if the rain were getting harder, or perhaps it was mere dread from the words he had just seen. He walked up onto Reluk's porch and knocked. No answer.

"Reluk, I need to speak with you." Malachi said, as the moisture of his breath dispersed into the air.
    "He must not be home."

Malachi pulled his coat more tightly around him, and stepped back out into the wet street. The moonlight glittered off of each house, but especially the castle in the center of the city. That was exactly where Malachi was heading.

After becoming soaked from the rain, he had reached the doors. He drew his fist against the doors in two loud bangs. Two guards opened the door. Malachi stepped in, sweeping back his hood. The castle was only candlelit. The moon's light fell into through the windows and onto the floor. The guards shut the door behind him.

"What is it that you want?" A guard asked.
    "I need to see Theb'saar. It is something urgent." Malachi replied, with a bit of hoarseness in his breath.
    "Theb'saar is studying." The other guard spoke rather firmly.
    "Please tell him it is me."
    "And who exactly are you?"
    "Stop." Theb'saar's words shuttered as he appeared on top of the steps.
    "It is fine. He can come with me."

Malachi clenched onto his coat and followed Theb'saar up the steps as the guards watched him closer.

"Is it about the noises, coming from the mountains?" Theb'saar asked as they dragged themselves up the stairs into the upper level of the castle.
    "I'm not sure. I just," Malachi's words stumbled.
    "Yes?"
    "I want you to see this." Malachi pulled out the note and handed it to Theb'saar. It was still wet.
    "The Cothica is a lie." Theb'saar read aloud.
    "It is signed. Where did you get this?"
    "It fell onto the street, I think from the chariot I saw."
    "What chariot?"
    "I do not know, I had never seen it before."
    "This isn't good."
    "Why, what is wrong?!"
    "Fivarth stated that the scroll, the scroll we sought after, would only be found when there is danger."
    "But what has that got to do with this?"
    "There have been noises, loud pangs like thunder, happening consistently since sometime during our journey. None of the tribes know what it is about."
    "And you think this note has something to do with it?"
    "A note like this, has meaning when it is signed."

Malachi looked at Theb'saar in disbelief. He didn't want the note to mean anything. The two looked out the window as the pang struck again.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:50 am

Is it bad I don't know who Reluk is?

Always great descriptive writing! Dat opening paragraph

I don't like Malachi knocking on the door and then Theb'saar being there? This is a palace not a some residence. 

Although good chapter, I felt there wasn't much plot progression
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Reluk was the Conjuror/Partner of Theb'saar in the first series.

The rest of this post contains spoilers.

Theb'saar wasn't immediately there. He was studying, and saw Malachi approaching the doors to the castle, so made his way down as Malachi confronted the guards.

There wasn't too much plot, it was more focused on foreshadowing and setting up a couple questions to expand on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:18 am