Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Underworlder Deck- Burn Burn Burn

Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Underworlder Deck- Burn Burn Burn Empty Underworlder Deck- Burn Burn Burn

Post by Hilgodestroyer Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Creatures + Battlgear:

1. Narfall with Whepcrack
    2. Chaor TF with viledriver(currently don't know if I have another whepcrack yet)
    3. Rothar FN with Burithean Axe.
    4.Khybon MDO with Khybon's Mech-Blade
    5. Magmon Engulfed with Gigantroper
    6.Kopond HMotH with Muge's Tuningfork

Locations:

The Magma Dam x2
    The Passage UW x2
    Castle Mommark x2
    UW Colosseum x1
    Roa'pa Sahkk The ocean with no waterx2
    Pyrogenousist's Hearthx1

Mugics:

Song of Desperation
    Denying Dirge
    Improvisational Melody
    Tune of Xerium
    Notes of Neverwhere
    Armament Adagio

Attacks:
    Magma Might/4p/x2
    Fire ring/0p/ x2
    Flame Bloom/0p/x2
    Smokesurge/0p/x2
    Combustion Carnage/0p/x2
    Consuming Flame/1p/x2
    Dry Touch/2p/x2
    Flame Orb/2p/x1
    Earthshape/0p/x1
    Primordial Rage/1p/x2
    Gladiator's Fire/1p/x2

Basically tried to get the best fire guys I could pull up.

Possible Changes:

Creatures
    Narfall: was thinking about taking full advantage of Narfall, but I might put him on the remove list because there are a few other guys I may want to switch in. Since this is also just mainly a fire deck, so his Elementalist can't really be put to it's full extent.

Kopond HMotH: Was thinking about maybe switching him with the original Kopond since it has more mugic counters. I'll see what you all think.

Rothar FN: He's a good creature, but idk if his ability will help much. If I do keep him do you guys think I should switch battlegears with him and Chaor TF? Because Chaor will already have Fire 15 with Magmon Engulfed's ability. Which then atleast Rothar will have Fire 10, if I do switch battlegears.

As of now the only creature I think would make a good switch in for this deck that I currently have might be original Barath Beyond, although the General looks BA, he's not really going to help the UWs much. Maybe double Baraths?

Other possible good switches that I'd need to get might be Kaal, Takinom Shadow Knight, and perhaps another Magmon Engulfed(although the recklessness would add up quick).

As for battlegears, locations, mugic, and attacks, there are some that I am really iffy on, since of right now most of the mugics probably won't even get played, so it's pretty much whatever happens in the moment.

Locations like Roa'pa Sahkk might hurt me, but the Fire attack advantage and the mugic gain mirage is why I currently have it.

The I have some 0 point attacks like Earthshape just to keep me good with the 20 point range. But definitely willing to switch.

If any battlegears would be better in my situation let me know, because most of them were just stuff that I added in to go with the creature.

Okay, that's my rough draft, start the criticism.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Underworlder Deck- Burn Burn Burn Empty Re: Underworlder Deck- Burn Burn Burn

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:46 pm

What's the point of Muge's Tuning Fork on Kopond? Unless you toss in other tribes, it doesn't work. What you need is Heptadd's Crown. Anyway, since you aren't going for burn, original Kopond is better for more MC

If you need 0 buildpoint attacks, you could toss in some power attacks like Flashwarp and the like, as they are a bit more useful.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Oh I didn't read it in more detail. My mistake. Yeah, I probably will switch to Heptads crown and then change to original Kopond. Also got to find some of those other 0 attacks, I think I only had my forged unity and Lost city ones.
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Nivenna would be way better at firing up your attacks then magmon e. i think u meant to use flame breach instead of earthshape and please don't use kopond orginal with heptadds crown, i would just use burn mugic over those mips mugics.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Sadly, currently don't have a Nivenna. Well the LT I do but not original, but that definitely would be a great switch. And I'll have to look through more of my mugics, I know I have more Fire 5s, just didn't look into them to much. And why not switch Kopond HMoTH with Kopond Original? Or would it be better just to put a mugic lyre on Kopond HMoTH and just get more Underworld Mugics? Since honestly this is suppose to be an all Underworlder themed deck.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:41 pm

The issue is that the original Kopond is kind of like Karabba in that he needs MC to use his abilities, using him as a main Mugic Caster ironically lowers his capabilities. High Muge of the Hearth just adds burn damage, so if you want to go that route, dump in Cannons of Casualties and maybe even a Consuming Cacophony.

Also, do not use Mugician's Lyre. For it to work, you'd have to engage with Kopond. Use Mipedian Balladeer's Flute instead
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Okay, I'm going to probably edit the upgrade I made for my Underworlder Deck- Burn Burn Burn. It is currently filled with a lot of Ultras and Supers, so I may try flipping rares, uncommons, and commons into it to see if the basic decks locations, attacks, and mugic help it. I finally got a Nivenna, switched Khybon out for her. Then I replaced Narfal with Takinom SK, seems like a pretty good choice, although I never got to test Khybon and Narfal out in it yet, so I may do that after a while. Then the last guy, I don't know if there is a role about Chaor TF and Lord Van Bloot SoA being in the same army, but LVB SoA is who I switched out for Rothar. And I kept the Kopond HMoH, which so far it seems like him, Takinom, and Chaor TF pretty much hold the thing together damage wise. Lord Van Bloot and Nivenna are good support wise with mugics not to mention Lord Van Bloot's ability is a good one, luckily for me I got put against my brothers Tangeth Toborn intraining with LVB, and the location, I forget the name for sure, but it's ability was "First player's creature to lose elements also loses 10 energy" so that gave me a big edge with LVB. Then i also kept Magmon that was stated in my last deck....but I soon realized he was kinda just a rag doll compared to what Nivenna was offering, not to mention fire 5 just wasn't really worth risking reckless 5 in the end I suppose, so I took him out and switched him with Agitos EM. Only reason behind that is I guess it gives me a bit of another support mugic wise and his ability is pretty good to help all the creatures, especially Chaor and LVB.

Basically that's the back story to what happen and here is the current deck, I just though of something that will most likely make it better which I might add in to this current deck overview.

Current Overview:

1. Takinom The Shadow Knight-whepcrack
    2. Chaor The Fierce-Currently have him with Dread Tread, but might switch to Xerium Armor. But I won't fix it till I do more testing xD.
    3.Lord Van Bloot Servant of Aa'une- Obliterators

4.Nivenna-originally had Vile Driver on her, but I realize that is kinda a big waste...no not kinda a very big waste not to mention a huge weakness for my army. I'm going to be switching it to Mipedian Balladeer's flute. Since this will give her and additional mugic, not to mention my opponent will also get an additional mugic.

5. Agitos Eloquent Motivator- Currently equipped with Evergreen Tunic. Open for other suggestions, since so far playing with my brothers they haven't really breached through this far, but if I decided to take it online or one of my brothers does breach past LVB and Chaor and goes for Agitos, I don't know if Evergreen tunic would be enough to energize him. So a battlegear that might be able to help with support would be the best suggestion. So I don't have to worry about Agitos having to get hammered.

6. Kopond High Muge of the Hearth- Mipedian Balladeer's Flute. It gives him an mugic counter and the opponent one, which with his ability to deal additional 10 damage for mugics that deal damage like Roar of the Mob, this battlegear is perfect alongside his ability.

Locations:
    Castle Mommark x2
    Rao'pa Sahkk The ocean with no water x2
    The Passage Underworld(This is the LVB one I was talking about)x2
    Underworld Colosseum x1
    Magma Damx2
    Pyrogenousist's Hearth x1

Mugics:
    Nocturne of Elements x1
    Denying Dirge x1
    Roar of the Mob x1
    Improvisational Melody x1
    Song of Desperation x1
    Shock Song x1

Attacks:
    Magma Might x2
    consuming flame x2
    primordial rage x2
    Flame Bloom x2
    fire ring x2
    Flame Orb x1
    Dry Touch x2
    Smokesurge x2
    Combustion Carnagex2
    Landgorex1
    Flame Breach x1
    Gladiator's Firex1

Well, that's the current deck for anyone who reads it, a bit biased with Ultras and Supers. But it's good to start a deck on a strong foundation, maybe build others from it later.

lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:43 pm

One does not simply fight with Agitos. Give the guy a Bi-Mowercycle or some other kind of support, he's not going to be winning any battles.

The ocean with no water doesn't really help you too much, it helps out water and earth users though. Lava Pond can easily work in its place

The Hearth hurts Chaor and he is one of the power houses in your deck
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:02 pm

I suppose the Hearth might hurt Chaor, but at the same time, most other powerhouse creatures don't have mugics either. It'd basically be lowering them by 10 energy. And by the time it gets to the back creatures most of them if they were smart would have been used their mugics up to support the stronger creatures. But I might look into finding another Underworld Colosseum, since the hearth does have it's openings.

I'll have a look at my other locations, because I feel like I might have some Lava Ponds, but I do not know for sure. But I have seen some cards that would be good replacement locations, that I recently unpacked, so I might try to put them in.

I am leaning on that Agitos won't have to battle, but I'll definitely equipped a bi-motorcycle to him, because I definitely can't rely on Lord Van Bloot to keep him protected. That's the sad thing about Lord Van Bloot he either totally mops the floor with people or he gets destroyed like nothing.

I'm kinda iffy on this but I do have a Zamool, which I might try out in this deck and equipped him with another Obliterators, to give him some fire power, would probably switch him in for Agitos if I did,  and move Lord Van Bloot back a space and him into Lord Van Bloot's Right front spot. Just because I haven't took Zamool out for a spin yet and he has that ability which would tick people off xD.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Zamool has no downsides except for the fact that I personally feel dirty when I play him. But he shouldn't be bad in this deck, the burn isn't enormous
    hughjk
    hughjk
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Windonka
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by hughjk Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Embarrassed to ask but I've never heard of the term before, what is a "burn" deck? I assume something to do with fire.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:20 pm

A burn deck is a deck that uses methods outside of attack to whittle down your opponent's health. In Chaotic, Zamool Burn is incredibly irritating because what happens is that your opponent is horribly limited in options to defend themselves against Mugic like Consuming Cacophony and double Canons of Casualty. Burn is generally looked down upon in most games as a cheap deck, especially chain burn and wick burn. Chain burn is when the damage is done swiftly and can lead to an OTK/FTK(one turn and first turn kills respectively). Wick burn is when the game is dragged on as long as possible to stall and slowly whittle down health. An example of a burn card in Yugioh is Lava Golem, which does 1000 damage to your opponent every turn(you summon it to their side of the field though) and Chain Strike(namer of Chain Burn), which does 400 damage times however many events have been in a burst/chain up until that card
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Yeah, this deck is kinda OP, figuring it already has 4 Ultras in it, and adding Zamool will make it 5..for the time being, I'm probably going to lay this deck to rest and work on my next master piece. Currently making it based on General BB. Pretty much the plan is to just have a lot of Danians Mandiblors in there like Makanaz and Ivelaan so probably 2 of those, then equiped General BB with the Mandiblor Crown. Then I doubt I'll get to fight every battle with General BB like I want but I'd just use the Danians to feed and gain 30 energy when I get desperate, then even though they are dead General BB will still get the boosts unless my opponent removes the cards from play all together. It still has a few hours of work ahead of it, but currently I'm looking for a good creature to play in the back. Although I was basing it around General BB eating Danians....I might end up putting an Overworlder or Mipidian in back just incase I need an extra option. But I think it should work pretty well once I figure out the kinks, such as what kind of attack based deck it will be.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:31 pm

This deck is not OP. This deck is just good.

An OP deck is when you load up on Burn Mugic, have Zamool crash into the opponent, blast their health down to nothing while they're helpless, recycle the Mugic or damage somehow(there are a couple of ways) to kill their fighters, then crush their muges. Keep in mind. I believe the maximum damage that can be dealt with Mugic is something like 120 or 140, which should be enough to take out two creatures. After that, you still have your other warriors to smash whatever resistance they may put up.

But this deck is most certainly not OP because if I fight Zamool, I still have a chance instead of getting blasted to death before I can attack.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Post by Hilgodestroyer Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Since everyone has the same chance of getting the same cards from the game in the end.
    Hikeda
    Hikeda
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hikeda
    Chaotic Coins : 33

Post by Hikeda Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:19 pm

There isn't anything wrong with running burn decks - the underworld is built to do that strategy, as well as some agro styles of play. They're the fire element for god sakes.

In my experience the underworld decks, as "cheap" as burn may be considered, is at the cost of its cards. To truly run effective burn/control with zamool, kopond hm and all required mugic, the cards required to pull it off are high in rarity thus making the decks more difficult to build effectively.

you deck could use some dawn of perim Ulmar burn as well... that way if your opponet has a MBF you have a realistic/effective use for some extra burn damage. If it were me I'd swap out the agitos for him. Also I'd consider running DoP Bloot instead... but that's me. Higher power stat for your attacks and could take advantage of the same gear or a barithian axe.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:59 pm

There isn't anything wrong with running burn decks, there's nothing wrong with any deck. I just personally dislike the idea of sniping where the opponent is basically unable to do anything unless they have Mugic protection.

Obviously cost and rarity were a limiting factor before, but you don't have to have the cards on TCO. In fact, I encourage using any card you want and not just relying on whatever cards you have in real life. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't.

As for Burn, I personally think that Perithon Ulmar is a better sniper than DOP Ulmar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:13 am