Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Underworld Aristocrats

T_ARA
    T_ARA
    Common

Chaotic Username : ?
    Chaotic Coins : 10

Underworld Aristocrats Empty Underworld Aristocrats

Post by T_ARA Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:15 pm

After all these years, I've finally managed to get my hands on one of my favourite creatures, Takinom. With a number of my friends coming back to the game, I decided to build a deck based around her, with some backup firepower in Zapetur, but I've got a limited supply to work with. I'm hoping to pick up some singles and packs in the coming weeks, so I'm looking for some suggestions of what to look for. I really enjoy the sacrifical nature of the deck. It reminds me of one of my favourite archetypes in M:TG, Aristocrats (Thus the name).

Creatures:

1. Takinom w/ Skeletal Steed
    2. Barath Beyond w/ Sword of Khy'at
    3. Zapetur w/ Mowercycle
    4. H'Earring w/ Mugician's Lyre
    5. Vyll w/ Lightning Canister
    6. Toxis w/ Lightning Canister

Mugic:

1. Song of Futuresight
    2. Canon of Casualty
    3. Refrain of Denial (Overworld)
    4. Stain of Ash
    5. Elemental Denial
    6. Song of Fury

Attacks:

2x Progressive Speed
    2x Arbor Smash
    2x Windslash
    2x Dexterous Storm
    2x Spirit Gust
    2x Enlightend Tenacity
    2x Squeeze Play
    2x Shriek Shock
    1x Flash Kick
    1x Scout's Strike
    1x Web Cocoon
    1x Incinerase

Locations:

2x Cordac Falls Plungepool
    2x The Hunter's Perimeter
    2x Queen's Gate
    2x Brawler's Burrow
    1x Vidav's Refectorium
    1x Crystal Cave
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Underworld Aristocrats Empty Re: Underworld Aristocrats

Post by Oraklon Afjak Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:53 pm

Not entirely related, but can I just say that I love the Chandra art in your avi? Glad to have another Magic player on board here (even though I'm a Bant mage myself.)

It's also a bit refreshing to see an aristocrats-style Chaotic deck in straight UnderWorld for a change. Most of the time it's with the Mipedians—Sobtjek, Tiaane, Alazdan, oh my—or Danian, or various mixes.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:17 pm

awesome I love me some OG takinom I always wanted to see more underworlders who sacrificed others, there was barath and all but he used other tribes more. also shoutout to hearring I competely forgot what his effect was and its actually pretty useful. overall a pretty cool retro sort of deck
    T_ARA
    T_ARA
    Common

Chaotic Username : ?
    Chaotic Coins : 10

Post by T_ARA Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:33 pm

Oracle Afjak wrote:Not entirely related, but can I just say that I love the Chandra art in your avi? Glad to have another Magic player on board here (even though I'm a Bant mage myself.)

It's also a bit refreshing to see an aristocrats-style Chaotic deck in straight UnderWorld for a change. Most of the time it's with the Mipedians—Sobtjek, Tiaane, Alazdan, oh my—or Danian, or various mixes.

Thank you! I was pretty excited to say the least when I saw Fire of Kaladesh/Roaring Flame in Origins. She quickly became the only EDH deck that I even bother playing any more. Even got the SDCC all-black promo version of her.

Chiodosin1 wrote:awesome I love me some OG takinom I always wanted to see more underworlders who sacrificed others, there was barath and all but he used other tribes more. also shoutout to hearring I competely forgot what his effect was and its actually pretty useful. overall a pretty cool retro sort of deck

My first exposure to Chaotic was the episode in the first season where Kaz is using Takinom, and sacrificed all his other creatures to keep her going. I assumed that sort of playstyle would carry over to the other Underworlds. Boy was I a little dissapointed. Barrath: UG is pretty sweet, though. If I end up putting together another deck, he'll probably be the basis. Kind of reminds me of the original Ravnica cycle of Guild Champions in M:TG, especially Lyzolda.

H'Earring was always my go-to utility creature back in the day. Most of us that played had really bad location decks, with only 4-5 locations that actually benefitted us. Being able to find one of my good locations or deny my opponent one of his was insanely strong in our meta.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:15 pm