Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

attacks grab bag

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

attacks grab bag Empty attacks grab bag

Post by Chiodosin1 Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:13 pm

here are 3 attacks enjoy

art by Taro Yamazaki

attacks grab bag Heated_horror_by_chiodosin1-d9ubf8m

This is now the first fire courage attack in the game, rarity subject to change

art by Marco Nelar

attacks grab bag Amorphous_attack_by_chiodosin1-d9ub7le

I know the wording on this card is horendce but blame chaotic that's the most conscice way I could say "this attack gets all the boosts of an attack of 2 elements or disciplines" got a guy with outpreform speed 5 and fluidmorph? no problem. have earth 5 but bloot stole your earth? show him what for with a good whack to the face. you get the idea

art by warlockss

attacks grab bag Amplified_wail_by_chiodosin1-d9u70js

that's all for now as always if you have any questions comments or ideas for future cards I'm all ears

Last edited by Chiodosin1 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

attacks grab bag Empty Re: attacks grab bag

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:54 pm

10 fire damage is too much for  1 bp attack. I think it should be two with this ability.

Challenge Courage 15: Relocate target opposing unengaged Creature on your side of the Battleboard to an unoccupied space.

10 per build cost is too powerful. I think 5 is better. 

"When Amorphus Attack is played, chose a combination of two elements or disciplines. Amorphus Attack counts as an elemental attack for chosen elements and a successful discipline attack for the chosen disciplines."

PS. Text on these is small
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Yeah, M'arrillian raises some good points. Chaotic attacks are actually varied structured in terms of damage output. While Creatures and Mugic varies in terms of strength most attacks follow a very strict ruling on damage and effects.

While I'm not certain on Heated Horror's Damage as Airsault-like attacks deal 15 for one Element. I guess it depends on whether or not you consider that ability worth 5 Base Damage, which I would. I do agree its effect seems more like 2 BP Attack though.

The Errata style for Chaotic is really weird in general unlike a lot of other ones which try and limit the wording of cards Chaotic seems to be much more 'Get the point across through any means'. So its hard.
    As for M'Arillian's suggestion you still got to add a way for it to deal damage so it triggers Fluidmorph.
    Although I do like the idea behind the Attack. As it allows for Creatures that ordinarily wouldn't fit together on a team cause of different Element and Discipline distribution work together. I wish more attacks would allow for more variety like this. As the only thing that currently does is Bodal's Dagger or the Captain of the Azoa.

I agree with M'arrillian on Amplified Wail. Even if you deal very little damage with it it still allows you to discard a card you may not want or need at the moment. Kind of like momentum + damage. Part of me wants to see it get 5 Base Damage so you can discard 0 BP cards as well, but that might just be a bit too strong of a boost.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:06 pm

When an attack counts as an elemental attack and deals damage, it counts towards fluidmorph. At least that's how it was in the online game. Think of Nunk'worm. If fluidmorph didn't work this way, his ability wouldn't really be that useful.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:48 pm

actually no marrilian you need an attack to be water AND have water for any damage to be water damage so if I want it to trigger water 5 without having water I need to have it deal water damage

also that's odd... the font size may have got messed with a bit by me... whoops I'll go back and fix it

I can bump horror down to 5 pretty easy

5 per build cost? really? who would ever play it then? ditching a zero for 1 seems fine if you get no damage and the others your getting about the same damage you would get for playing the attack anyway (a bit less for 1's and 0's but eh) sqeeze play does 5 and filters attacks too... maybe I could do some playtesting but bumping it to 5 will make it kinda unplayable I feel

edit: first off made it unique second its now a 2 with 5 base that is all
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:21 pm

But if the attacking Creature doesn't have an Element 5 or Outperform it would deal no damage and Fluidmorph wouldn't work. I was assuming Chiodosin wanted Fluidmorph to trigger regardless of whether or not it would benefit, so Chiodosin1 wanted it to automatically trigger Fluidmorph even if they don't have Element X or Outperform X. But maybe I just misread Chiodosin's intentions.

I think the problem is that as it stands now EVERYBODY'll play it. It can easily just be held back until you need that damage or get a worthless attack for the situation. There's no Element or stat required. Its just a very strong blanket move that can fit into every deck. I think its probably as good as Primal Smash while you may be stuck occasionally with it dealing no to little damage, it can also make up for it. (Oh, I also dislike Primal Smash too. I hate just overly splashable cards).
    Although I do agree with you that 5 may be too little, which was I suggested increasing the Base Damage. Or maybe just the BP as that would act like a double downgrade as you'd have less big BP cards to discard and you'd have to think twice about including it.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:37 pm

lol great minds think alike Csapian its a 2 with 5 base now and also unique
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:43 am

Does this convey what you were thinking. Its a bit more wordy, but I think it has a more "Chaotic" wording.

"When Amorphus Attack is played, chose a combination of two elements or disciplines. Amorphus Attack counts as a successful discipline attack for chosen disciplines and a successful elemental attack for chosen elements (card effects and damage modifiers are triggered as if creature had chosen elements)."

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:17 pm

see I wish but "successful element attack" actual isn't correct wording. its not in the rules or on any other cards and therefore I gotta stick with the mess
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:19 pm

So if you leave out "successful" but keep in the parenthetical statement would that not still achieve your vision?

Theoretically, you could just define the keyword "successful elemental attack".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:51 pm