Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

could i help buy chaotic

hyveon2583
    hyveon2583
    newb

Chaotic Username : hyveon25
    Chaotic Coins : 4

could i help buy chaotic Empty could i help buy chaotic

Post by hyveon2583 Sat May 28, 2016 5:19 pm

Since I've been a fan of this great franchise I really want to resurrect this game from the ground upwards. I want to help buy this because if it is a reasonable amount I would like to know with my story telling and putting my ideas with this old ones be cool. I'm poor though but I do have really good plans for this great franchise I'm old in this forum I just forgot my old login name and that. So if I could I would start my fan fiction novels on here again if that sounds good to you all.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

could i help buy chaotic Empty Re: could i help buy chaotic

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat May 28, 2016 8:58 pm

Well I certainly enjoy all fan fiction and continued fan support certainly helps!

But to the question at hand. I will start with the generals of buying the rights to a property forgive any errors in the details this is not my area of expertise. First one usually contacts the current owners with a propsal if the owners agree to meet there will be further discussion over the details. There are 2 major points along with other minor ones that varery case to case. But the major points are first terms of use in what ways will you be using the property are you using it for a certain product moive ect? How long will they have rights for? Will you get exlusevie rights or can the owner make deals with other parties or maybe, you are planning on buying the entire poperty after which point you can do with it as you see fit. Whatever the case the secound part is payment this is moneteray in almost every case it may be a lump some a percentage of profits made with the property or some combination it depends.  When all is said and done both parties lawyers will draw up a legal contract and that's that.

Onto chaotic inspesfic and this is where i cannot be much help I know chaotic was primarily owned by a company called tcdigtal which was essentially chaotic the company and that they likely had the rights at some point. I know that 4kids entertainment which is also fairly non existant these days produced the show and likely had a deal with tcdigital to do so. I know chaotic at the end of its life had legal trouble though despite having a whole backup site with numerous threads about it I still lack a clear desciption of.  This leads to the problem that I have no idea who did/does own chaotics rights and if they could sell them and unless someone else does we fall at the first hurtle.

But all is not lost fan creations are completely legal such as my fan set of cards (promote promote) so long as you dont sell them even at cost.  So write your stories play your games and work on all your fan projects and maybe someday someone will work through all the logistics to get this game running again.
    hyveon2583
    hyveon2583
    newb

Post by hyveon2583 Sat May 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Yeah that is true I missed chaotic and I would just do the designing for a new card game for us to play since I'm already a game creator myself and a novelist I am in a process of making my own card game but I don't have drawing expertise for the card arts . I am hoping to find a way to get independent publisher that I have to see if I could find a way to get rights and do profits with the company or owners who have this together and to see where that leads
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat May 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Wow that sounds most Impressive I wish I could be of any help but my art skills are also lacking in quality. Perhaps someone else on here can give you more details. if you should need any help conxering the "game" or "chaotic" portions that would be more in my wheelhouse and id be happy to help. Good luck to yah!
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hastur
    Chaotic Coins : 38

Post by Lynxx Sun May 29, 2016 2:21 am

To correct you a bit 4kids if i'm not wrong have a deal with Konami and are still up but now go as 4kmedia.
    hyveon2583
    hyveon2583
    newb

Post by hyveon2583 Sun May 29, 2016 8:39 am

Hey lynxx do you know if they have the rights to it yet and wondered if they will do something with chaotic
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hastur
    Chaotic Coins : 38

Post by Lynxx Mon May 30, 2016 3:34 pm

I honestly don't know.
    chaorcrew
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : chaorcrew
    Chaotic Coins : 54

Post by chaorcrew Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:44 pm

If we ever try to buy chaotic I will personally donate 50 dollars on the spot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 am