Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Many Things Undone

BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Many Things Undone - Page 2 Empty Re: Many Things Undone

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Ah OK. I think I vaguely recollect what you're talking about, just never payed enough attention.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:24 pm

BlzvSprayTan wrote:I would change "Creatures cannot use attacks that have higher buildpoints than their last played attack" to : "When a player plays an attack with higher Buildpoints than his last played attack, that attack does 0 damage."  This is just so you don't get to a point that you cannot play any attacks.
    Doesn't say anything about attacks being equal.

In other words, if they use a 0 buildpoint attack, they can keep on using them. But yes, your suggestions is also good.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Root Rampage(attack Tartareker used to trap Tom's Xaerv)
    Common
    Build Points: 1
    Base Damage: 0
    Earth Element 10
    Earth Element If opposing creature has less than 50 speed, they lose Air Element Air

EDIT: Sorry for double post
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:02 am

lazerbem wrote:Doesn't say anything about attacks being equal.

In other words, if they use a 0 buildpoint attack, they can keep on using them. But yes, your suggestions is also good.

Well the problem still is that there are a lot of potential hand situations where you won't have a 0-build in your hand. Unless the card text is changed to "Otherwise discard and draw cards until you can play one."

BlzvSprayTan wrote:They even had a fourth slot for an attack card In the dromes. I still don't know what card it was for, when I asked Remztan he couldn't remember xD.
    Afjak∞ wrote:The fourth attack card slot? That was for attack cycling/mill abilities like Vidav's Refectorium and Melodic Might, at which point you would end up with exactly 4 attacks in-hand.
    Afjak∞ wrote:They had a window to select from, but if you looked down, it would show you having four attacks in your hand even with the window up. I hadn't really given it a second thought until you mentioned the slot.
    I bet originally it was planned on milling being done from the bar instead of a separate window. I was always annoyed by that.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Surge Song(Hune Marquard's big boost Mugic)
    Ultra Rare
    Mugic-Generic
    Cost: Generic MC Generic MC Generic MC
    For three turns, your creatures gain 50 Power and Speed when engaged. Three turns after the casting of this Mugic, your creatures have their Power and Speed reduced to 0, lose all Generic MC , and lose 20 energy
    Only fools use all of their effort all at once. True warriors know that no battle can be won instantly

This is broken as Hell, but it was the best I could do
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 am

lazerbem wrote:Surge Song(Hune Marquard's big boost Mugic)
    Ultra Rare
    Mugic-Generic
    Cost:  Generic MC  Generic MC  Generic MC
    For three turns, your creatures gain 50 Power and Speed when engaged. Three turns after the casting of this Mugic, your creatures have their Power and Speed reduced to 0, lose all Generic MC , and lose 20 energy
    Only fools use all of their effort all at once. True warriors know that no battle can be won instantly

This is broken as Hell, but it was the best I could do
    Problem with brokenness, is that in the history of brokenness in the show to brokenness in the game... Well the cards became pretty nerfed. Viledriver - Fire 5... Fortesimo... yea you get the pattern.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:19 pm

To be fair, even the Viledriver in the show became a joke overtime, to the point where any creature with good aim or Vine Snare wrecked it. Fortissimo was phased out.

I actually nerfed Surge Song, in the show, it would take only one Generic MC to cast and it only drained their Power and Speed afterwards. I suppose I could lower the boost it gives down to 30 or 20, but then it feels underwhelming.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:56 am

I'm back. It's been a time, but I was off wishing I was awesome elsewhere.

Xerium Mipedian
    Ultra Rare
    Creature - Past Mipedian Royal Warrior
    (Max. stats)
    C 45
    P 75
    W 90
    S 65
    E 55
    ET:  Fire Element  Earth Element
    Generic MC 2

Generic MC: Target Battlegear's controller sacrifices it.
    Generic MC: Return target Battlegear from your discard pile to play equipped to an unequipped Creature you control.
    Unique
    Flame to unmake. Flame to forge anew.

-----

Xerium was a weaponsmith from the days of olde who's most known today for creating the Xerium Armor and Tune of Xerium, and possibly engineered most of the early versions of Battlegear currently used by the Mipedians today. My choices in design may seem weird, but they were for the sake of flavor.
    1. Disciplines - Wisdom and Power are his highest purely in the flavor supporting his craft--a strong arm on the hammer and a sharp mind to guide it. The moderate-poor Speed means he will be appropriately used as support-only instead of a combative Mipedian, unless you can send him into the fray like Ailav can. Also makes AZAIA Mindprobe very cool on him.
    2. Energy - The guy spent his time hunched over a forge. I'm pretty sure he'd be able to endure some burn. Has the side effect of making it somewhat effective if you DID want to have him fight with a Speed buff gear.
    3. Elements - Fire was obvious for the sake of staying on flavor, but Fire/Earth was for an allusion to something else: iron. Loop back to the flavor debate. I could have thrown in Air since both that and Fire allude to the smoke of the forge.
    4. Ability - Yeah, he's his own Mugic on legs. But that connects to the flavor text and his trade since he can essentially break battlegear down and reforge it as he sees fit. Or you could be "that guy" and go crazy with Nexus Fuses or something.
    5. Unique - This was without question. If you think this guy could even be considered as a two-of in a deck, you're crazier than I am. Legendary might have been more appropriate.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:28 pm

So he's like the Bahrakatan of the Mipedians?

Glektod
    Super Rare
    Creature - Past Caretaker
    (Max. Stats)
    C:25
    P: 35
    W: 55
    S: 15
    E: 80
    Generic MC 2

This creature takes 10 less damage from any source and deals 10 less damage to any creature.

When Glektod becomes engaged, sacrifice its Battlegear. If this is done, Glektod gains 20 to all disciplines but loses 20 energy.

Unique

Cromaxx has long attempted to find a way to pierce Glektod's shell. He has not succeeded

Glektod was the creature Krellan used to basically tank Maxxor's attacks until he wore himself out from the heat. As such, Glektod is a weak attacker but is capable of enduring for a long time. I made him sac his gear so that you couldn't stack a Kha'rall Husk Armor on top and make him nearly invincible

Last edited by lazerbem on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Bahrakatan wishes he was Xerium. Speaking of Bahrakatan, I just noticed: in my effort to mimic the wording of Tune of Xerium (and kinda Celestial Flare), the guy's gear removal actually works around the Coralsmith's ability.

Your Glektod design sounds fun. I imagine him driving strike players to the brink of madness if you neutralize their first attack and calmly weather the other ones. If it wasn't for the gear sac, he would be an amazing card to dagger with since the gear balances his drawback. Probably more deserving of being Super- or Ultra Rare.
    Just saying though, Caretaker is a type exclusive to the OverWorld.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:36 pm

I couldn't think of another type to stick onto him, though I suppose Elementalist might work. As for the gear, well, Lightning Canister would be fine with that.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Was there a specific reason why on Xerium you have the controller sacrifice? Is it to avoid cards that don't let battle gear be destroyed? Cause that's some tricky ruling
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Marrillian wrote:Was there a specific reason why on Xerium you have the controller sacrifice? Is it to avoid cards that don't let battle gear be destroyed? Cause that's some tricky ruling
    It was entirely to mimic Tune of Xerium's phrasing. Dodging anything that prevents destruction was a side effect that I only caught once Lazer mentioned Bahrakatan, but works since you can get around him preventing YOUR gear from being destroyed. It could always be rewritten as "Destroy target Battlegear" or another wording.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Refrain of Refusal(Mugic used by Drew to destroy Tianne to negate his sacrifice effect)
    Rare
    Mugic-Overworld
    Negate Battlegear effect, Mugic, or Ability that requires a player to sacrifice a Creature or Battlegear. The Battlegear or Creature that would be sacrificed still enters the Discard pile
    "Your friend? His sacrifice meant nothing to me!" Slurhk

I tried to make it somewhat balanced, what do you think?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:40 pm