Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
Getsunova
ChromeDragon258
anti911
Anti
FinalOne1
ziro207
Terrac1
Dunescale13
Ultralane1
Michaelnono
Juanlol
crazyRage
(ogichI=Ichigo)
DMT001
Nick07
shrike
GigaGagagigo
Tarjitsu
Chaotic11D
zazzy7
pepe805
seeker1231
Getrag446
jessotic
MajorSimon7
Blitser
TheHunter
DanianIvan
Mmax27
Philiphezze
Terabyte
plokjhgfdsa
Mithrandir
Chaotic|Blargers
braden12345
overwarrior
Zachas
Kakashie
BlzvSprayTan
Mightiest_Mortal
KingMaxxor4
45 posters

Chaotic is down.

Chaotic|Blargers
    Blargs!

Chaotic Username : Chaotic|Blar
    Chaotic Coins : 45

Chaotic is down. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaotic is down.

Post by Chaotic|Blargers Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 pm

The reason I hardly got on the site publicly was because I had a new job Zach - but I checked in all the time.  Incidentally, the reason that I left wasn't because I wanted to leave, trust me on that. Smile

Proof eh?  Haha, okay.. how can I do that?

And once I do that, if you guys want to ask questions about the site, that's why I'm here.
    Zachas
    Zachas
    Rebel

Chaotic Username : Zachary2252
    Chaotic Coins : 245

Post by Zachas Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Ok Mr. Blargers.  What did the last Pm I sent you say?

Not looking for word for word, just the gist of it.
    Mithrandir
    Mithrandir
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Saomir9
    Chaotic Coins : 85

Post by Mithrandir Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Chaotic|Blargers wrote:Actually this is the real Blargers. Tongue  Mmax gave me this URL when she asked me about the site being shut down, so I came here as a way to talk to you guys about this.  I wish there were more here.  Anyone know where blitser is? 

I'm glad there's SOME place to have you all gather though.

So... yeah... I wasn't aware of the site's shut down right away.  Then the messages started coming in.

And well.. sigh..  this is very, very very VERY depressing.  That site.. and those forums!  Have been such a big part of my life the past 5 and a half years.  Both when I was working for TCD/Kodo and when I wasn't. 

Ask me questions, and I'll answer what I can.  Blah..

Yeah, I'd believe that.  I already know you and Mmax keep in contact through text.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:21 pm

What did I say? Contract expired. There had to have been e-mail warnings going out about the upcoming expiration. That's probably what they mean by the Grace Period and such. Well, now we just wait and find out what the story is once that e-mail link shows up.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Ok

1. Who the *** are the two doofuses under the 'BUT you can ask why!' They seem sketchy.
    2. I have been in touch with anti, who has been in touch with mmax, and know that that is the real Blarg Smile Neither anti or mmax have been here, but they have been busy and anti has asked me to keep people posted.
    3. As tera and Blarg said, kodo didnt know. Even though the 'grace period' has expired, kodo is probably working on something right now. The Dracco page says it itself: five years of your visits of literally millions a year
    4. Google has caches of the website, which may mean kodo has caches as well. Some stuff may have been loss, sure, but there is hope.
    Chaotic|Blargers
    Blargs!

Chaotic Username : Chaotic|Blar
    Chaotic Coins : 45

Post by Chaotic|Blargers Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 pm

From what I know/have been told..  This was sudden and unplanned - very unexpected.  And very much beyond Kodo's control.  

The site has, unfortunately, been shut down due to circumstances beyond our control.  That came from Bryan himself. 

I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done right now.  I talk to Bryan and the others from Kodo a lot.  And it's breaking all of our hearts.  As many of you know, I haven't been working at Kodo for a while now.  Circumstances beyond Kodo's control lead to that as well.  But I always stay in touch and watched over the site, just like I did when I went to Chicago after TC Digital shut down.

So yeah, this is heartbreaking.. especially the suddenness of it.  I wish I could have had a chance to make a post.  Something.

Best Community on the internet.  Crying
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:52 pm

One of my tabs started playing slow spanish music as I read Blarg post. Ironically when I finished reading it stopped. Makes me want to cry.

I still am in the disbelief period. It is not over, we still have a chance.

And above all, I hope to one day find out more info on what all went down, because there are so many pieces missing.
    Zachas
    Zachas
    Rebel

Post by Zachas Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm

I loved the Chaotic Community.  Nicest people on the internet.

What worries me is, if the site does come back, and everything is reset, I will be unable to make a come back.  98% Of the cards I had I traded for. Since everyone is in the same boat, I imagine this would drastically reduce member activity.

And Blargers, sorry for doubting you. Pleased to have you with us.
    Mmax27
    Mmax27
    Common

Chaotic Username : Mmax27
    Chaotic Coins : 12

Post by Mmax27 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 pm

I love how everyones doubting Blargers. Yes, I sent him the URL.. Tongue We keep in contact, which I'm happy about. It's nice keeping in contact with people from Chaotic.

Blargers - I got a hold of Blitser, cause I'm that good
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Q: How is it that Dracco is now showing up when I go to ChaoticGame.com?
    A:
     This web site is not in the control of Dracco Company, it is a site that is trying to show Dracco and other partners that ChaoticGame.com has an incredible following and that it is worth it to support its current infrastructure and co-invest in its future releases. The act of indifference to obtaining the rights to the brand for a song and dance needs to end, because thus far it has wasted several years. 

Im very intrigued to know who has this redirect website set up. When you go to the home page, there's Q+A saying that the site is only to provoke competitors to pick up chaotic, and frankly the Q+A could have been written better. It sounds like it was written in a hurry, and that is suspicious. Also the last sentence of that quote above confuses me: is it making fun of competitors that have refrained from picking up chaotic?
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:18 pm

I think what it is is a couple of people who are upset with Dracco for leaving Chaotic to rot and everyone else who hasn't jumped on board either. I can't blame other companies though. No cards and income other than the mediocre ad revenue makes it hard to draw in investors. What I think is that Blargs said we needed to show dedication and someone took it upon themselves to buy Chaoticgame.com when it became available and redirected to their other page that they purchased just to spite Dracco and now when Kodo goes to find out what's going on they see that there ARE dedicated fans that care...But they care in a way that is more of a hindrance than a help and used a poorly planned and even more poorly executed method to prove themselves.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I think Tera has it. The redirect site was written by a fan, which explains the substandard approach of the site and the aforementioned quote.
    Zachas
    Zachas
    Rebel

Post by Zachas Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:50 pm

It's gibberish at best.

Basically, This/ these persons are using the Dracco name without having any affiliation with them. 

Why Use Dracco's name when your claiming not to be Dracco?

Q: There seems to be a plan, or what?
    A:
    Obviously there are some long term goals and some long term side effects of the consequences of the existence of this site.

So, we did this to ourselves?  And consequences of the sites existence?  What did we take part in?  What was Chaotic really? 👅
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 am

Consequences aren't always bad, they're just results of something...So what I'm getting out of that one is that they took Chaoticgame's name in order to take it upon themselves to advertise because they assume that Kodo and everyone else is just sitting back not trying to revive it. They expect it to be easy to get financial support especially now that they have taken this step to show everyone just how supportive (And just how much of a nuisance) they can be. Long term goal is to get money and a long term side affect is that we can't Chaotic until they do. (Which they won't since they don't represent Chaotic or Dracco or anything even remotely affiliated with Chaotic and can therefore not attempt to solicit funds in order to pay for a revival process. Way to go guys. You sure showed the world just how dumb great you can be!)
    Zachas
    Zachas
    Rebel

Post by Zachas Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:26 am

So, I could be wrong but is it something like this.(Simplifying it)

Sao and I are sharing a Maxor POP card.  We're tired of playing with it and decided to leave it alone while we work/ play with other cards.  Someone comes along and takes the  Pop card, and begins to talk about how great it is and how it was just sitting by itself up without anyone using it.

Now that we don't have Pop anymore,  We want it back.  This person will give it back, but for the meager price of an Ursis, since Pop is sooooo cool.  We can either pay the very hefty price and hope Pop is/ will be worth it, or  say no way and potentially lose out.

And Now we're SOL(Sorry Out Of Luck).
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:07 am

wow im shocked wat lengths you guys are going to, just to bring back a game Smile i support you guys all the way! and any ideas wat we are gonna do if the site never comes bak up?
    Philiphezze
    Philiphezze
    Common

Chaotic Username : Philiphezze
    Chaotic Coins : 14

Post by Philiphezze Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:10 am

It must come back no matter what! I'm thinking of something like to make a money donation, if everyone gave 10$ that would be very much! Even thought I'm not rich nor anything, people played for years and they don't want to quit like this. I don't like the idea of just sitting and waiting for a miracle, lets make one! Let's not make it a dream, it has to be our goal! I didn't play it before, nor watch the anime, but i want to, and i can't just sit and do nothing.
    DanianIvan
    DanianIvan
    newb

Chaotic Username : DanianIvan
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Post by DanianIvan Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:32 am

Dreathor has an awesome idea. We all could donate 10$ for the unpaid bills!
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:54 am

Us donating money won't help. There aren't unpaid bills in the sense of thousands of dollars needed. It was just the contract for the domain came up and was not renewed. One bill. And the redirect site up now is not by Dracco so don't take everything for fact. It appears to be some fans that are upset with Kodo for not doing anything and are trying to accuse them of everything possible.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Sorry for doubting you blargs. After the fake nick account... so yea XD
    TheHunter
    newb

Chaotic Username : James280
    Chaotic Coins : 1

Chaotic is down. - Page 3 Empty Well..

Post by TheHunter Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Nevermind.

Last edited by TheHunter on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Good to see that just about everyone made it here. w00t

Shoutout to Mmax for getting in contact with me, and Blaz for posting the link to this site.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Yea Blitser is finally here! Now this place has everyone I think (except the real nick).
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Marrillian wrote:Yea Blitser is finally here! Now this place has everyone I think (except the real nick).

I need to check my laptop, but I think I have every Chaotic emoticon saved btw.

The forums are looking great so far, but I think we can get them much closer to the old ones. I'll even go to the trouble of learning more html and whatnot if it'll help.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Yea I got lazy and didn't really do as much as I could have. I wasn't really expecting another longterm shutdown.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:18 am