Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

URGENT BATTLEGEAR ENERGY QUESTION

JMKS4
    JMKS4
    newb

Chaotic Username : Sugino484
    Chaotic Coins : 8

URGENT BATTLEGEAR ENERGY QUESTION Empty URGENT BATTLEGEAR ENERGY QUESTION

Post by JMKS4 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 pm

If you revealed a battlegear that causes you to "gain" energy over your max and in subsequent turns took more damage than what you gained and the battlegear gets removed in a later turn does it remove the energy from your existing energy points (potentially killing you) or was it used when it first took damage?

The situation is Ring of Na'arin activated right away putting energy from 45 to 55 energy and attacks were dealt in 2 turns that put me below my scanned energy, a Mugic that removed my battlegear was used and the opponent insists that I should lose 10 energy after I had already taken more than 10 damage beforehand. IDK if anyone will see this but I can't find an answer to this question anywhere on the internet, so if you reply thank you! Smile
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

URGENT BATTLEGEAR ENERGY QUESTION Empty Re: URGENT BATTLEGEAR ENERGY QUESTION

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 pm

this has to do with the way old cards were worded, both gaining temporarily effects and having an innate effect permanently used to be called "gain" if you read the errata text on cards (in the card descriptions on tco or pinned here) you see that innate effects is now called "have"

in general here's the rule of thumb, if an effect is an activated or triggered effect (aka a gain effect) then the source doesn't matter, once the effect is on the burst it is its own separate thing and will last until the end of turn even if the source is removed (ex. destructazooka)

Innate effects use "have" since they are either on or off, the creature "has" the effect when they're on and doesn't "have" it when they're off. if an innate effects source is removed the effect turns off and you no longer "have" the given effect.

ring of naarin is pretty clearly an innate effect and if you read the errata text you'll see its been changed to "have" so if the source is switched off, from in this case, gear destruction you will lose your 10 energy (and your power and wisdom to boot)
    JMKS4
    JMKS4
    newb

Post by JMKS4 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:49 pm

Thanks for the reply but if I had 10 energy remaining would it kill my creature via removing battlegear because to me it seems like the additional energy added would be calculated for when it was first removed from attack damage turns before, I need to know for sure to keep playing
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:58 pm

ooooh I must have misunderstood, yeah it's less of a 1 time shield and more of a constant tracker, your if the damage you take every equals or exceeds your energy you die (duh) damage is usually the thing that goes up and down, attacks deal damage, healing removes damage ect. but you can gain and lose energy too such as in this case, when you lose the ring you lose 10 energy but the damage you've taken is the same but your total energy is 10 lower so you might say your current energy (which is energy - damage) goes down by 10. which is roughly the same effect as taking 10 damage.

hopefully, that's all clear enough
    JMKS4
    JMKS4
    newb

Post by JMKS4 Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Pretty much cleared up, one last thing I'm wondering if you get this battlegear removed when you have 10 or fewer energy and would die from losing the 10 energy from the battlegear can you heal there as a burst to save you?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:08 pm

so long as you heal before the battlegear is removed your fine (such as in response to whatever effect is destroying your gear) so yeah that works
    JMKS4
    JMKS4
    newb

Post by JMKS4 Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Okay thanks for the help my dude Big Grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm