Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sis Ops / United Forces Upholding Perim

Gillgar
    Gillgar
    newb

Chaotic Username : Gillgar
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Sis Ops / United Forces Upholding Perim Empty Sis Ops / United Forces Upholding Perim

Post by Gillgar Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:08 pm

TL;DR Description: A true multi-tribe deck with all 5 tribes. This deck utilizes strong healing centered around Aivenna Overworld Lieutenant and strong burst damage from Nivenna Underworld Lieutenant. Na-inna and Nunk'worn are staples in this deck and support Aivenna and Nivenna's abilities. A full in-depth description and Breakdown of this deck is available at the bottom of the page, as well as some viable alternative attacks, mugics, and locations that you can use. I will update this post periodically as I try out alternative cards and strategies.

CREATURES
    nivennaunderworldlieutenant
    tangathtobornoverworldgeneral
    na-inna
    aivennaoverworldlieutenant
    nunk'worn
    kepiaandanianlieutenant

BATTLEGEAR
    azaiamindprobe
    torrentkrinth
    challor
    orchisundin
    mugestuningfork
    torrentkrinth

MUGIC
    harmonicsofwater
    unheardmelody
    rhymeofthereckless
    carnivoreskeening
    aegisairia
    melodyofmirage

LOCATIONS
    gorramsbriefing
    gorramsbriefing
    riverlands
    riverlands
    everrain
    everrain
    thenorthrangehighground
    thenorthrangehighground
    mipedimmirage
    mipedimmirage

ATTACKS If unbanned, consider adding Deadwater Devastation
    taintedthunderstorm
    taintedthunderstorm
    floodforce
    floodforce
    thermorings
    thermorings
    invaderstactics
    invaderstactics
    eidolonadvance
    eidolonadvance
    Riptide
    Riptide
    outfreeze
    Unsanity
    fluidflame
    burningrain
    burningrain
    aquarecoil
    innerflood
    innerflood

Banlist Changes
    With Deadwater being banned, the next best attacks are Tainted Thunderstorm and Rainspears. I initially ran Tainted Thunderstorm for the damage since the challenge was easy to make with innerflood and Na-inna. Rainspears is another great attack for this deck since almost every creature in this deck can make the Stat check: Wisdom 60 and you can remove two 0 BP Cards.
    The most viable candidate to replace Na-inna is Dibanni, but if Na-inna is banned this deck is basically dead or it gets demoted to a low B tier. You can only run Rainspears since Deadwater Devastation is banned Tainted Thunderstorm's challenge will be nearly impossible to meet.

Long Description/Breakdown
    Creatures
    The main strategy behind this deck is using Aivenna Overworld Lieutenant and Nivenna Underworld Lieutenant’s abilities throughout the game, by transferring mugic counters to them from Nunk’worn, using Na-inna's ability. With this 5-tribe setup, you're able to heal 25 energy with Aivenna using 1 mugic counter and/or deal 25 with Nivenna using 2 Mugic counters. I usually give more counters to Aivenna over Nivenna because the lower mugic cost lets me use her ability more often. I almost always give Nivenna at least one extra mugic (either using Na-inna's ability or inner flood) which will do 50 damage with 4 mugic counters. With 25-50 damage and 80 wisdom, Nivenna can burst down most backline creatures with weightless energy vessel or AZAIA Mindprobe(you can target anyone with 80 wisdom or less, and a majority of creatures don't have that).

Na-inna is a staple in this deck and is also one of the weakest and most vulnerable parts of this deck. Her mugic transfer ability plays a huge role in being able to utilize Aivenna or Nivenna’s abilities to their full potential. I recommend Challor on her because I've found that she frequently gets burst down by abilities more than mugic, and with Carnivores Keening she will gain 30 energy and will usually protect herself from getting destroyed by mugic or abilities. She can also heal using Oppus Opposed (note you won't be able to use Aivenna's ability to heal her because of Challor). However, you can also pick weightless energy vessel in which case she’s really only vulnerable to enemy abilities since she can’t be targeted by mugic because of weightless energy vessel even If it’s your mugic that you’re trying to cast (so no Carnivores Keening to protect against abilities that burst you down).

Nunk'worn is the most important part of this deck, not only because his counters are transfer mugic to Aivenna and Nivenna, but he also is there to cast most of the mugic for your team. Giving Nunk’worn Muge’s tuningfork/Heptad's crown, let’s him make full use of his fluidmorpher ability, and cast mugic from any tribe. Important to note, If you use Heptad's crown then you must pay 10 energy for every mugic/ability you play and if you use Muge’s tuningfork you must have that type of creature alive on your team. If you choose to use Heptad's crown, then Nunk'worn loses a lot of his fighting capabilities since every time he casts a mugic, he takes 10 damage. If you use Muge's tunningfork, then you should try to keep Na-inna alive, otherwise, you won't be able to use any Mipedian Mugic unless the active or mirage location is The Northrange.

In terms of defense, when it is your opponent's turn, you should always use Tangath Toborn Overworld General to defend Aivenna and Kepiaan, this will give him all of his listed abilities. Then on your turn, you attack with Kepiaan who has +50 energy and +50 to all disciplines with his ability of 10 for each tribe you control. You want to avoid attacking with Tangath since he won't have any of his listed abilities since it's your turn and not your opponents. For Tangath, his ability defender and his other listed abilities are great in this deck since he can be used to protect Aivenna in the front line if your opponent has the first move. Tangath and Kepiaan are both equipped with a Torrent Krinth because almost all attacks in this deck deal water damage, so the additional 5 damage each water attack, comes in handy. The good thing about this deck is the creatures aren’t overly reliant on their battlegear to win; it won’t ruin your deck or damage output significantly if it gets destroyed or flipped down. Don't forget to move Tangath into a spot on the battle board that is adjacent to your creatures. If he's not next to a lot of his creatures that are going to be attacked by the enemy, then you're wasting the potential of his defender ability and you will end up losing important creatures like Nivenna or Na-inna, which should be avoided at all costs.

Mugic
    Those abilities, plus the mugic setup make your creatures virtually unkillable. With opus opposed, you're able to heal 25 damage (5 for each tribe). However, with the unbanning of Elemental Elegy, I would recommend adding in Harmonics of Water, given how vital water is for the success of this deck. Melody of mirage makes a target attack deal 0 damage, giving you a strong defense from attacks.Carnivores Keening is a versatile card that can be used to protect your backline from burst damage, your engaged creature, or even be used offensively if you think combat will last more than 3 rounds (like at the Riverlands). You can also use Song of Shelter as an alternative to Carnivores Keening. Finally, you have Rhyme of the Reckless, Unheard Melody, and Aegis Aria. Rhyme of the Reckless will also damage your opponent for the same amount of damage that you took; then using Aivenna heal you can come out with more energy out of the exchange. Aegis Aria is similar to Melody of mirage, instead of the attack doing 0 damage, the attack is negated and your next attack does 0 damage. The reason this attack is useful is that if the opponent uses Deadwater Devastation, you can use aegis to negate the attack so you don't lose Mugic counters. However, the drawback is the next attack deals 0 damage, so there is more strategy involved with this card. Lastly, Unheard Melody will destroy a creature with no mugic counters on it, which is usually the last mugic you play, so its cost of 6 isn't bad when you have your fluidmorpher stacking mugic counters up with every water attack you use.
    Alternative Cards
    Alternative Creatures
    You could replace Nunk'worn with any fluidmorpher of your choice. I chose him because he had both Fire and water, was able to revive himself if he died at 3 mugic counters, and all his attacks count as water. But If there’s another fluidmorpher that you like, you can use him too.

Alternative Mugic
    A big weakness in this deck is its reliance on water element attacks, so in case water gets taken away you should add Harmonics of Water. Fighter's Fanfare acts just like Melody of Mirage, but instead of doing 0 damage, it does all of its damage to your opponent. Song of shelter will prevent your target creature from being targeted by any mugic or abilities. This includes your own mugic and abilities, so it’s a good idea to use Aivenna’s ability right after if you've taken damage. You can also add Elemental Elegy in this deck as well, but that is a high-risk play since you need kepiaan (or the northrange location) to cast it.You could also use cards likeSong of Desperation, Song of resurgence, interlude of interruption, Song of Symmetry, Vidav's Voicing, or honestly any mugic you like that better fits your playstyle because Nunk’worn can cast any mugic from any tribe if he has Heptad's crown/Muge’s tuningfork.

harmonicsofwater could be replaced with opusopposed OR elementalelegy
    carnivoreskeening could be replaced with songofshelter
    aegisaria could be replaced with fightersfanfare
    - Edited by brainard52 for the purposes of the deck scraping script

Alternative Locations
    Graloorn Forest, Pouril Forest, The Storm Tunnel Ki'bro's Foothold, and The Storm Tunnel Flooding, doorsofthedeepmine

I would not recommend removing any copies of Gorrams Briefing or Northrange. Gorrams Briefing gives your creatures a max of 25 energy and 25 to each discipline. And Northrange's effect synergizes great with your deck, if you lost all creatures from a respective tribe, you can use the effect of the active location, select a tribe, and all creatures are members of that tribe. Furthermore, when the mirage is activated and you have a creature in that spot, that creature, it is treated as a member of all 5 tribes maximizing the effects of Aiveena, Niveena, Muge's Tuning Fork, or Opus Opposed.

Alternative Attacks
    I initially had 1 Grantkae's Stance in the deck, but I removed it (and a copy of quickexit and flamebloom) and instead add flashkick, Out freeze, and a second copy Eidolon Advance to increase the damage output and lower the amount of 0 BP cards in this deck. Since this deck relies on water, I added Fluid Flame to the deck over Quick Exit. its cost is 0 BP and it does 0 base damage but it gives you the element water, which may come in handy if you lose the water element. Finally, Instead of 2 copies of Deadwater Devastation you could add 1 Tainted Thunderstorm and 1 Deadwater Devastation or you could add 2 Tainted Thunderstorm if that works better for you play style.

Unsanity could be replaced with Flashkick
    fluidflame could be replaced with quickexit

Alternative Battlegear
    challor could be replaced with weightlessenergyvessel
    mugestuningfork could be replaced with heptadscrown

Alternative Locations
    mipiedeimmirage could be replaced with castlebodhran

Pure water vs Fire and water attack deck
    I've been seeing players using this deck with attacks like steam rage, heat rage, flaming coals while giving Keppian the element fire. While that decklist is viable, it's a strictly worse version compared to the pure water version in terms of Damage per Attack. I wouldn't recommend it, but do whatever you like, it's just a game so have fun with it!

Last edited by Gillgar on Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total

bernardo21max, Gillgar and RayMaster like this post

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:50 am