Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters
  • Reply to topic

Make money with Swagbucks and Bing and others?

Terabyte
Terabyte
Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
Chaotic Coins : 326

Make money with Swagbucks and Bing and others? Empty Make money with Swagbucks and Bing and others?

Post by Terabyte Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:51 am

I have free time this summer, and I've been looking on Reddit for ways to make money. So I started by making a Swagbucks account. For those of you who don't know, with it, you earn "Swagbucks" that you can use to redeem for rewards like Amazon gift cards. The general consensus is that the best reward is a $5 Amazon gift card code (Which they deliver via e-mail) for 450 "Swagbucks". Most exchanges are a penny per point, so this is basically a prize with a 10% discount.
I also made a Bing rewards account. Similar to Swagbucks, they give you a point for every 2 searches you make using Bing, up to 15 points each day which you can use to redeem for gift cards as well. If you use the mobile site, you can earn an additional 10 points each day.

Here's where things get kinda complicated. Bing rewards can be converted to Swagbucks. One prize option is 500 SB for 525 Bing points. If you attain the Gold rank on Bing, they give you a discount and it costs 475 Bing points. Getting to Gold will take about a month if you earn the 25 points a day. This can be done 50 times before they tell you that you need to start choosing other prizes. I believe you can make up to 5 accounts per "household" on Bing. Swagbucks usually shuts down secondary accounts in the same house from what I've read. Anyway, if you made the 5 accounts, you could earn 125 points a day and convert them on occasion once you've amassed enough.

Both sites have referral links, so if you don't have one and want to make one, you can do so either by using my links or just visiting the sites directly, all of which I'll have below in a step by step guide as well as a few tips to make things easier. SB gives me 10% of whatever you get as a bonus (You still get 100%, I just get 10% of you're 100% extra. I would assume this would continue if you were to refer someone. You'd get 10% while they keep 100%, and I'd get 10% of you're 10% of their 100% so SB would ultimately be awarding 111% of the usual amounts and so forth) Bing gives me a one time bonus of 500 points when my referred members reach Silver Status (Which just requires you getting 200 points and a couple other click-to-complete steps).

If you're wondering how this works, I assume it is based on an advertisement system. Bing shows ads when you use their search engine which they get paid for. If they get more use/views, they get more money so they offer an incentive to use it. Same with Swagbucks. They have promotions like spending $5 somewhere and getting 500 SB (Which is basically a break even if you don't use whatever you bought, or you come out $5 ahead if you do, but Idk). Anyway, if you have questions, just post. I'm here with nothing better to do, hence my browsing of the internets for money making ideas.

STEP BY STEP
1. Create a Swagbucks and Bing account using the links provided, either the referral or not. (Both will require an e-mail or Facebook log in. I used e-mail because I hate when things are linked to my Facebook. I don’t need you spamming my friends. If you don’t want to receive spam to your main e-mail with offers for easy points, it’s fairly simple to create a spam account via Gmail for free. Just make sure you remember the account in case you need to retrieve log in info in the future. That’s what I did because I’m always cautious of these things, but so far, I’ve not been bothered by them. It usually falls under the Promotions tab which I always ignore anyway.)
2. Check your e-mail and verify the accounts. After that, you’re free to start earning.
3. After you've amassed enough points, simply click on the rewards tab in the Bing dashboard sidebar, and Redeem on the top bar. Choose the prize. Pretty simple. (In order to get Gold rank and the discount, you need to have earned 750 points, and have made a single purchase. The discount is 50 Points so anything you buy for less than that will technically save you money. Cheapest I see is 20 points. If you want to save the 30 points, just buy something else first.

TIPS
1. Open Bing.com/rewards on your phone’s mobile browser. After you’ve logged in, it will offer the option to search. Search and edit the search terms in order to earn the 10 points. If you want to log in and out daily, feel free to use more than one account. I find that tedious, but I have lots of free time, so I may eventually convert
2. If you use Chrome, there’s an app that will perform your daily searches for you. All you need to do is visit the Bing.com/rewards dashboard, and in the top bar where the domain name url shows up, an icon will appear at the far right. Clicking on this little gold coin looking object will start your searches. Makes life a lot easier. If you have more than 1 account, just log out after it finishes, log in to another and start the process again. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bing-rewards-helper/neodenankcjdlhndmpcffjmcealafaig
3. For Swagbucks, if you want to try and earn more, you can fill out surveys or download their video app. They’re not really passive enough for me. Sometimes the app will freeze and you’ll have to start the video over, but it will usually autoplay so if you’re near a charger like when you’re checking out for the night, you can always start it up and see how far it goes. Never know.
4. Don't refer yourself. It might seem like a good idea to use a secondary Swag account for all your primary earning and get an extra 10%, but when they shut you down without warning and you lose everything, you're gonna regret that decision.

SB Referral: swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=10678352 (You'll get 30 SB for signing up. Don't know if that's because you're being referred, or if it's just a basic thing everyone gets)
Bing Referral: http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?PUBL=REFERAFRIEND&CREA=RAW&rrid=_97cab0ad-ce21-06a5-45ed-79825a9197e7

Or just Swagbucks.com and Bing.com/rewards respectively.

I’m more interested in the Bing rewards since it’s just something I can start up in the morning and earn a bit each day. The 50 Swagbuck purchase limit is equal to more than $250 and requires a lot of points so I probably won’t hit that for a while, but maybe I’ll devote more time in the future. If you just do the single Bing account each day, you’ll basically make $0.30 a day. Not bad since it’ll take you a couple minutes of basically nothing. You can do it while watching tv or whatever. Feel free to post tips on making money either with these sites or others. I got most of this info from Reddit.com/r/Beermoney and r/Swagbucks if you want to try and look for more ways to boost your earnings. Also, I’m a US person. Not sure if that affects anything about these sites, but sometimes it’s a problem.
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
Chaotic Coins : 2744

Make money with Swagbucks and Bing and others? Empty Re: Make money with Swagbucks and Bing and others?

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:42 pm

This is interesting. I'm pinning. Thanks for the details
Terabyte
Terabyte
Super Rare

Make money with Swagbucks and Bing and others? Empty Re: Make money with Swagbucks and Bing and others?

Post by Terabyte Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 am

Thanks for the pin. I've never been pinned before. Blush
Terabyte
Terabyte
Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Another money making easy thing is Perk. Download the app and make an account. They pay you for watching advertisements. Just start it before you go to bed and let it run overnight. You can make a few bucks each week.
Referral link: www.perk.com/perk/invite/ad7bbb74
Regular: www.perk.com (In the upper right corner to sign up with e-mail of facebook. I don't think the app gives an option for e-mail. It didn't for me, but that might have been because I'm already signed in on FB on that device.)

You can use more than one device at a time for a single account, so if you've got old iPod's or other smart devices lying around, just plug them in and let them go 24/7. Some people were saying they make more than $1.50 a day from each device if it runs all day. iPods have to be 4th gen or newer. iPhones need to be 3rd gen as far as I know. (I'm not an apple person so don't quote me on it)
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri May 02, 2014 12:05 am

I won't even need a job at this rate XD Good job Tera!
Mithrandir
Mithrandir
Rare

Chaotic Username : Saomir9
Chaotic Coins : 85

Post by Mithrandir Fri May 02, 2014 9:47 am

LOL I have been using Swagbucks since like when Forged Unity came out. It's better than a lot of the similar sites out there. Just don't put an easy password because someone hacked my account a few years ago only to find 4 SB on it at the time xD. All he did was submit a poll question for me and do a couple searches, what a fail hack. I spend my SBs every time I reach 450, so he got pwned.
Terabyte
Terabyte
Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Fri May 02, 2014 12:22 pm

FUn was a long time ago. 0.o
How do you earn most of your SB?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:23 am