Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Elemental Mastery Deck

lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Elemental Mastery Deck Empty Elemental Mastery Deck

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:35 pm

1. Tangath Toborn, in Training - Drilldozer
    2. Arctus, Heptadd's Squire - Citadel Fragments
    3. Arctus, Heptadd's Squire - Citadel Fragments
    4. Tangath Toborn, in Training - Drilldozer
    5. Heptadd - Mipedian Balladeer's Flute
    6. Najarin, High Muge of the Lake - Mipedian Balladeer's Flute

Cordac Falls x2
    Elmantiir x2
    Gigantempopolis x2
    Kiru City x2
    Lake Ken-i-po, Ritual Site x2

Allmageddon
    Consuming Flame x2
    Earth Pulse x2
    Elementalist's Psy-Blast x2
    Flood Force x2
    Incinerase x2
    Landgore
    Marksman's Preparation x2
    Primal Smash
    Purifying Mud
    Rustoxic x2
    Symmetry Slam x2

Canon of Casualty x2
    Harmonious Highsong x2
    Refrain of Denial x2

I'm really not sure in retrospect if attempting to go for max number of elements was a good idea(Elementproof is going to have a field day), but it looks cool and makes Almageddon actually viable. So yeah. Please offer criticism
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Elemental Mastery Deck Empty Re: Elemental Mastery Deck

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Elementproof isn't that big of a concern. Most mainstream decks don't run it. So ironically the non-meta deck might be your doom XD Your biggest threat are going to be the anti-element decks I encountered occasionally. (Decks which focus on the removal of elements.)
    If you're going for the all element theme, I would put Sandstorm Shroud on the Tangath Toborns. But I guess based on your current attack deck that's not necessary.
    The problem I see is your attack deck needs a little work. You want to focus on attack cycling if you want to pull out Allmageddon for heavy damage.

-Consuming Flame x2
    -Earth Pulse x2
    - Elemetalist's Psy-Blast x2
    -Flood Force x2
    -Symmetry Slam x2

+Twister of Elements x2
    +Apoc-eclipse (for the trolls?)
    +Blaze Barrage x2
    +Elemental Oxidation x2
    +Inferno Claws x2
    +Essential Evaporation x2
    +Inner Flood x2
    +Purifying Mud x2

Ok well somewhere along the line I got carried away looking for attacks. So this isn't balanced at all haha So you can just think of what I said as suggestions and try balancing it yourself. Basically what I did was diversify the distribution of elements in the attacks so if you have locations that grant element x you can proc more of it for extra damage.  
    Although High cost, Whirling Wail and Ice Disks can be pretty beneficial because they shut down opponent's options. (Anyone say broken?) 
    As for 0 build elemental attacks, I would throw in 1 of each: Hurlicane, Liquescent Swirl, Sunder Ground, (There should be one that removes fire too, but I can't find it Tongue)

Wow looking back this is the most effort I've put into a deck critique in a long time. I just don't have the time to search for cards anymore Frown I was going to look for locations that could help support the attacks, but I ran out of time... I might try again later.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:01 pm

I have Incinerase in there, that's the fire one you are thinking of.

And I appreciate you taking the time Smile
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:31 pm

I feel like Najarin FF is so much better than Najarin HM. Since you have 2 Flutes, you'd get plenty enough MC's on a Najarin FF to pay for your mugic cards, and any left over you can use on gaining energy.

Other than that I agree with Mril, your attacks could use a step up. Also, while defensive gear is great, you may want to throw in some offensive gear. Its often that a game calls for at least one hard-hitter over a tank.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Any suggestions for said gear then? A Dreadtread wouldn't work too well here, the team needs to stick together.

As for FF vs HM, that is a fair point, with both flutes gone, he'd have 6 counters, he'd be the same as HM anyway.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:13 pm

lazerbem wrote:Any suggestions for said gear then? A Dreadtread wouldn't work too well here, the team needs to stick together.

Things like Vlaric Shard or whatever synergizes best with your attacks. Or even cards like Bimowercycle/Stormbird Statues.

lazerbem wrote:As for FF vs HM, that is a fair point, with both flutes gone, he'd have 6 counters, he'd be the same as HM anyway.

Yes but FF has the potential to get even more if your opponent has flutes, chimegrid, etc. This way any extra can pay for gaining energy.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Ice disks is a good way to shutdown anyone who is using abilities, such as elemental proof against you. I forget if it cancels all the opponents abilities they can use or just that creature. I know when Forged Unity came out I had a brother that took pride in getting a General, till I shut him down with Ice disks.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Ice Disks shuts down activated abilities, according to a Mugic, that means abilities with a cost.

So someone like Zamool or Elementproof should still be fine.

Unless I'm remembering wrong
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:04 pm

You're remembering correctly.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:13 pm

BlzvSprayTan wrote:Other than that I agree with Mril, your attacks could use a step up. Also, while defensive gear is great, you may want to throw in some offensive gear. Its often that a game calls for at least one hard-hitter over a tank.
    were my suggestions viable? its been a while... hehe
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:21 pm

Yeah that's what I would include in an elemental deck. Of course you have to sway to fire attacks if you use someone like Gronmor, or more towards infernal claws/landgore if you have multiple element x's.

So yeah Landgore might be another one, and then maybe Eidolon Advance, but you shouldn't include that just like you shouldn't have Airsault because you won't always meet the requirements. Elementalist's Psy-blast is great when you don't have Element x to abuse.

When it comes to 0 bp attacks its all personal preference. I'm not a huge fan of Symmetry Slam, I prefer the Hurlicane type stuff. There are also the Clean Slide type of 0bps. There are also the Sediment Stormshield type of 0bps that are great for multiple element x's and still good even without.

Even cards like Funnel Blast/Geyser Gush have pretty easy challenges you can make.

edit: Force Balls too!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 am