Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
KingMaxxor4
lazerbem
6 posters

Favorite Tribe

Poll

Favorite

[ 3 ]
    Favorite Tribe Bar_left20%Favorite Tribe Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    [ 5 ]
    Favorite Tribe Bar_left33%Favorite Tribe Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Favorite Tribe Bar_left0%Favorite Tribe Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Favorite Tribe Bar_left7%Favorite Tribe Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 15
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Favorite Tribe Empty Favorite Tribe

Post by lazerbem Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:52 pm

M'arrillians for me. The mind control thing is awesome and I love how unique their designs are.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Favorite Tribe Empty Re: Favorite Tribe

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:12 pm

This is a really hard choice for me. I guess morally I would side with the Overworlders I like their ideals the best and they are generally a pretty chill tribe. Their focus is on knowledge and negotiating with the other tribes. But when it comes to fighting they can pack a punch.

Now going with gameplay, I will stick by my M'arrillians. They are a brutal tribe that uses their enemies own soldiers against them. I really get  a Roman vibe from the M'arrillians. Their only downside is the pure sinister side of their actions. I can't justify them being good at all XD

So in the end, if I were to align myself with a tribe, it would be Overworld (plus Intress is a babe Wink ). But if I were to be in control of a tribe, it would be the M'arrillians hehe
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:23 pm

True that.

In terms of what we've seen in canon, the amount of good Overworlders is far higher than any other tribe.

The Overworld's evil creatures consist of Slurhk...that's about it. Velreth is a douche, I suppose, but only Slurhk is really evil, to the point when he's smiling as he's watching a Mipedian slowly die from his venom.

For Mipedians, Prince Mudeenu is described as obsessed with the Cothica to the point of risking Mipedians and Biondu is a vicious expansionist. I suppose you could say the Warbeasts are evil, but they seem more stupid than evil.

For Underworlders, oh boy. Lord Van Bloot lacks any redeeming traits according to his bio, Slufurah is a treacherous snake, Dardemus is described as a brutal bully, Rothar's idea of negotiation is threatening to kill someone, and Zamool's card art is him walking over corpses. There's probably others, but those are the ones that come to mind.

For Danians, whoever decided on infecting Raznus. That was an enormous douche move and unlike Kolmo, he was never purified either. I'm fine with their assimilation of Nunk'worn, Hammerdoom, and Kolmo, they were threats, but Raznus was a diplomat trying to make peace. There's also Vallani Levaan and his constant executions, only staying in power through fear. Ekuud tells his soldiers to fear him more than the enemy. Mallash is a bit of a flipped coin here, I'm not sure if he's just a coward or if he's a jerk.

For M'arrillians...do I really need to go into it? Well, for the more egregious examples, Mill'aiin "savored" the image of Magmon's body turning to stone, you can see Rellim crying in the background of Erak'tabb's card art, Fal'makin apparently enjoys inquisitions involving torture, and Ihun'kalin was less than kind about the defeat of his fellow Chieftains("The defeat of Erak'tabb and Neth'uar means nothing but higher stakes")
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:16 pm

I suppose you could say the Warbeasts are evil, but they seem more stupid than evil."
    I would say that warbeasts are neither good or evil. Rather they are tools of the conquerors. So its up to those who summon them to determine their use.

Nice summery of some of the other tribe's evils.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Maybe so, but Sobtjek was freaking out at the idea of Khorror. Then again, he could just mean they are too reckless.

The word for Warbeast is "dangerous"
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:25 pm

lazerbem wrote:I suppose you could say the Warbeasts are evil, but they seem more stupid than evil.

Woow. Too bad I'm not in the mood to rant. Warbeasts aren't either of those things. They aren't brilliant, but they're not stupid either. Instead, their power over-exceeds their self-control; that lack of self-control can be made up by having conjurors.

ANYWAY its true that tribes often have a good/bad side. Mipedians very much have this. Some are greedy thieves and others are like Tiaane and self sacrificing.

I chose Overworld actually. I feel like they're the least limited tribe when it comes to strategy, which is really neat. Have really started to like this tribe lately.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:25 pm

There are some intelligent warbeasts, Gaffat-Ra is one of them. But the ones I tend to think of, Blazvatan, Khorror, and Uboraan, are not even of average intelligence. But yes, being made of energy is likely the cause for their instability
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:44 am

Underworlders are the tribe for me. They're all too often portrayed as the bad guys, but it's simply a matter of the point of view Chaotic used. For all that the show used them as villains, Kaz's relation to the tribe tells a different story. If you respect their culture then the UnderWorld's not so bad.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:18 pm

The Underworlders are used as villains because they get the honor of having the most evil creatures besides the M'arrillians. Lord Van Bloot has no redeeming traits according to Portal to Perim, Skithia was trying to assassinate the tablet translators, Zamool is stepping over corpses, etc. It's the Lord Van Bloot clan that gives the Underworlders the most fodder for evil appearances
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:11 am

Chaor the leader is very fearsome.
    trackerjacker
    trackerjacker
    Common

Chaotic Username : PeytonicAppr
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by trackerjacker Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:47 am

Poor Danians they're my favorite.I think the least focused tribe on the show was Danians but then again its the show was supposed to have seven seasons,They didnt get a chance to showcase the new queen and their focus on the Elements rather than infection. Danian
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:27 pm

I find it easy to empathize with the marrillians. I'm not 100% sure why the other tribes did it but I'd be pretty bitter too if I was locked up that long. Plus taking over the entire world changing the environment to suite your needs and not caring about the conquiences for other life, sound like any species you know? the dainian society lives on a hive mind with each Danian being a part of a collective uncounconscious. As such the other tribes not part of that would seem distant and hard to understand and communicate with infection could be the danian way of try to show the other tribes what they believe to be essential not just a punishment. In terms of the underworld it seems to be based on a might makes right system that I find fascinating. Meaning that the strongest warrior leads the tribe which puts an interesting spin on the von bloot conflict since he uses fear rather than actually stregth to dominate.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:06 pm

Chiodosin1 wrote:I find it easy to empathize with the marrillians. I'm not 100% sure why the other tribes did it but I'd be pretty bitter too if I was locked up that long. Plus taking over the entire world changing the environment to suite your needs and not caring about the conquiences for other life, sound like any species you know? the dainian society lives on a hive mind with each Danian being a part of a collective uncounconscious. As such the other tribes not part of that would seem distant and hard to understand and communicate with infection could be the danian way of try to show the other tribes what they believe to be essential not just a punishment. In terms of the underworld it seems to be based on a might makes right system that I find fascinating. Meaning that the strongest warrior leads the tribe which puts an interesting spin on the von bloot conflict since he uses fear rather than actually stregth to dominate.
    As per the Khilaian Sphere, the M'arrillians were pricks even before they were sealed behind the Doors of the Deepmines.

The Danians don't have a hive mind based on Wamma's ability to be lazy and think outside the box, Faash, and a couple of the other nobles being able to think for themselves. Some Danians are just part of the Hive, but there are a good number who can think for themselves.

As for Van Bloot, he's actually really strong in terms of brute force.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:27 pm

Lazerbem wrote: As per the Khilaian Sphere, the M'arrillians were pricks even before they were sealed behind the Doors of the Deepmines.

The Danians don't have a hive mind based on Wamma's ability to be lazy and think outside the box, Faash, and a couple of the other nobles being able to think for themselves. Some Danians are just part of the Hive, but there are a good number who can think for themselves.

As for Van Bloot, he's actually really strong in terms of brute force.

The dainian a must have some sort of underlining "danianess" to them though otherwise why would becoming a danian change infected creatures personality so much I belive that there is at least some form of unification between danian minds maybe some are more succeptable.

In regards to Von bloot I didnt mean he's not a strong fighter I just meant he seems to prefer fear tactics which makes a nice contrast to chaor and most of the underworlds brute force approach

Also if like to say that I totally agree with the no tribe is good no tribe is evil approach and I disliked how utopian and good the overworld was portrayed in the show, but hey it's a kids series right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:31 pm