Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Old Fan, New Player

Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Chaotic Username : Getsugaru
    Chaotic Coins : 47

Old Fan, New Player Empty Old Fan, New Player

Post by Getsugaru Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Hello. I am joining this forum in hopes of learning more about the card game. I've been a fan of the series since it first appeared on television, but sadly did not have the money to buy the card game. When the third season ended (with Tangath Toborn's final departure), I felt truly sad that the show seemed to be over. My fears were later confirmed when the show was put on hold and the card game stopped printing (I heard it was a legal issue?). Now, after many years, I've returned to the series after accidentally stumbling on it via Hulu (which I've discovered is where the chaotic website now redirects to. Sad.). Looking into it, I found this forum, and I decided I'd give the game a try.

Please bear with me as I stumble my way through learning all the rules, how to play, good combinations, etc.

In case it is of some use, I at least know what team I'd likely want to play if I did have cards (though I might be wrong about stuff):
    The List::
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Old Fan, New Player Empty Re: Old Fan, New Player

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Nice to meet you and welcome to our little band of misfits. Being a newbie is a ton of fun in my opinion since you have tons of new strategies and cards to learn and explore. In terms of your deck here's a few tweaks I have. warbeast's speed and courage tend to be high enough were you could get away with swapping shriek shock and spirit gust for velocitrap and shadow strike extra 5 damage is always nice. the tropics really isn't gonna help you don't have any water attacks and even if you did 2 locations out of 10 is too random to rely on. so switch that location out with another one that helps mipedians. lastly the gear the boost wisdom isn't gonna help you. you don't run wisdom attacks and warbeasts wisdom is just too low to waste a gear boosting it in my opinion. That's the major things I saw other than that you might wanna test it at Tradecardsonline to get a feel for what might be missing/taking up space. See you in the dromes!
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Indeed, testing is usually the best way to see if a deck has potential. There's a certain feel to it.

Nice to meet you, by the way
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Chiodosin1 wrote:Nice to meet you and welcome to our little band of misfits. Being a newbie is a ton of fun in my opinion since you have tons of new strategies and cards to learn and explore. In terms of your deck here's a few tweaks I have. warbeast's speed and courage tend to be high enough were you could get away with swapping shriek shock and spirit gust for velocitrap and shadow strike extra 5 damage is always nice. the tropics really isn't gonna help you don't have any water attacks and even if you did 2 locations out of 10 is too random to rely on. so switch that location out with another one that helps mipedians. lastly the gear the boost wisdom isn't gonna help you. you don't run wisdom attacks and warbeasts wisdom is just too low to waste a gear boosting it in my opinion. That's the major things I saw other than that you might wanna test it at Tradecardsonline to get a feel for what might be missing/taking up space. See you in the dromes!
    I see. I must have misread those two attacks, as I thought they were comparing against the opponent's stats, not the warbeasts'. As for the reasoning behind the water element adding, that would be the attack Mugician Steal. I figured it would get my Warbeasts mugic counters, allowing them to use mugic without a mugician lyre. If that strategy isn't effective, however, then I guess I can change it for something else.
    Was I correct about the Muge's Edge? Do Conjurers count as muges? If not, is it still worth it?
    My reasoning for items giving wisdom is less about making them able to use wisdom attacks as much as blocking enemies from using challenges on them. Warbeasts seem to consistently have wisdom stats near the 20's, and thus are susceptible to attacks that challenge that stat, or so I thought. Again, I am new at the game so I don't know much of the meta. I'm not even sure having so many Warbeasts is a good idea or not; I picked them mostly because they are mipedians, have really good stats, and have access to recklessness attacks like Slashclaw (Khorror + Slashclaw = almost any creature coded in one hit). I'm actually considering replacing Gintanai with Enre-hep so as to get a second source of mugic on my team (that and his low-cost recast ability seems quite useful), mostly because Gintanai's sacrifice and lack of recklessness are not appealing, especially since I still don't fully understand the basic rules yet (I know how to build a deck, but not actual battle rules in full, such as the battlegear flipping stuff).
    Thanks for the warm welcome and assistance. I'll make a TCO account so that I might be able to find a practice match or something.
    lazerbem wrote:Indeed, testing is usually the best way to see if a deck has potential. There's a certain feel to it.

Nice to meet you, by the way
    I was afraid of testing it since I don't know all the rules and procedures yet. Will test when I know more/if I can find a practice match.

Also, I see that there is something called a 10v10 match. Are these common, and if so, are there any specific creatures I would want on my team?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:14 pm

First off if a creature is a muge ( or any other creature type for that matter) it will say it in the card typing just bellow the picture ex: ursis reads "creature-past warrior muge" so he would deal 10 damage with muge a edge. As far as the wisdom thing goes trust me when I tell you that the extra wisdom boost is just too situational to be worth it. Only some decks will use wisdom and even then they'll probably be rockin 70-100w on there main fighters you're better cutting your losses and using a gear that will help you against any deck. Warbeasts are definitely a viable strategies though and anywhere from 1-4 is standard on those teams you can use however many work for you though. For slashclaw note that giving Khorror stone mail gets rid of his reckless so you'll be only dealing 5. Final note aliav is a common sight on warbeast decks for a good reason. He reduces damage from all sources to warbeasts by 5 attacks, reckless,mugic ect. That can really add up in the long run.
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:13 am

Chiodosin1 wrote:First off if a creature is a muge ( or any other creature type for that matter) it will say it in the card typing just bellow the picture ex: ursis reads "creature-past warrior muge" so he would deal 10 damage with muge a edge. As far as the wisdom thing goes trust me when I tell you that the extra wisdom boost is just too situational to be worth it. Only some decks will use wisdom and even then they'll probably be rockin 70-100w on there main fighters you're better cutting your losses and using a gear that will help you against any deck. Warbeasts are definitely a viable strategies though and anywhere from 1-4 is standard on those teams you can use however many work for you though. For slashclaw note that giving Khorror stone mail gets rid of his reckless so you'll be only dealing 5. Final note aliav is a common sight on warbeast decks for a good reason. He reduces damage from all sources to warbeasts by 5 attacks, reckless, mugic ect. That can really add up in the long run.
    I guess Appelai isn't a muge, then. Oh well.
    Is the Ring of Na'arin on Titanix not a good call then? I thought the variety it provided might be useful, but if not...
    And what about Ere? Is the Destructozooka a good choice for him, or would a different piece of gear be more efficient?
    I misread the effect of Stone Mail; I thought it just negated the effect, not making them "lose" it. Seems Khorror will need a different piece of gear. Would Xerium Armor reduce Recklessness?
    Aliav sounds interesting. I'll have a look.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Depends, are you going for an IRL build or for any card?

Ring of Na'arin is good, but there is better stuff out there than trying to be tanky with Titanix.

Xerium Armor does not reduce recklessness
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:03 pm

At the moment, I am not going for an IRL deck; I first want to learn the rules and figure out what works. After that, I will start tracking down card dealers/owners who'd be willing to exchange with me. Usually, when I start to play a card game, I do research into what does and does not work before I actually buy, so that I do not waste any funds.

What sort of battlegear would you suggest for Titanix, then? I figured the Ring of Na'arin might be a good choice, but I really do not know what else would be useful.

Darn. I may just have to abandon the idea of using Slashclaw, then. Sure, I couuld use the one card to take out just about anything, but if the creature to do so would only last maybe three attacks, it probably wouldn't be worth it. Especially when I could substitute it for other attacks, like Before the Storm. If I can get some kind of Strike ability on my creatures, then that would deal a lot of damage. If I still wanted to use Khorror, however, what battlegear would be a good choice? Or is Stone Mail the only viable option for a creature like him?
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 pm

You could make an all or nothing build with Khorror and tons of Conjurers for back up and then have him equipped with Algal Wings of Attraction so he takes all the hits. But Stone Mail is usually the go to option for him.

As for Titanix, he has no Elements and as such, a good portion of your attack deck is worthless to him. You could give him gear, but if you do that, you're better off with someone like Gaffat-Ra anyway. This applies to Khorror as well, actually. If there are other options, there is no need to use up gear on creatures like that. You can replace them with other Warbeasts like Uboraan or Kileron
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:52 am

Gintanai/Blaz and Titanix/Khorror = separate decks.

They don't work together, with Gintanai/Blaz you want all earth and air attacks to deal massive damage with there abilities and with Titanix/Khorror you want all stat attacks mainly courage and speed if you use Titanix.

With Destructozooka you only gain the element when it's revealed so if you win battle with it, your elements gone next battle and you can't gain it back unless u flip it down

Swap Plasmarrow with whirling wail, better abilty and the element earth you need
    Never use Megaroar unless you get full damage, it's not worth the high build points

Note worthy gears

- Xerium Armor(Iflar, Blaz, Gint all work well since there damage is so high)
    - Drilldozer (who dosn't need an extra 20 energy?)
    - Evergreen Tunic (reason above)

I agree with Stone Mail on Khorror, just make sure you pack Trills as a mugic just in case it gets flipped

Warbeast powerleash works too but make sure you have all that recklessness taken care of, you can't trust Appelai as your only conjurer unless your getting 2 extra counters on him before you begin. Some decks won't target your warbeasts and then your stuck with killing yourself
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:13 pm

Thank you to everyone who's been helping me with this. I appreciate everyone's input and am doing my best to take it all in. I'm making a build over on TCO, but I have yet to publish it as I do not know if I'll be able to edit it after publishing. If I can, however, then I think I'll post it so that the changes I've taken in can be seen all at once. If anyone knows of a way to do so, I'd appreciate the information.

ketac123 wrote:Gintanai/Blaz and Titanix/Khorror = separate decks.

They don't work together, with Gintanai/Blaz you want all earth and air attacks to deal massive damage with there abilities and with Titanix/Khorror you want all stat attacks mainly courage and speed if you use Titanix.

With Destructozooka you only gain the element when it's revealed so if you win battle with it, your elements gone next battle and you can't gain it back unless u flip it down

Swap Plasmarrow with whirling wail, better abilty and the element earth you need
    Never use Megaroar unless you get full damage, it's not worth the high build points

Note worthy gears

- Xerium Armor(Iflar, Blaz, Gint all work well since there damage is so high)
    - Drilldozer (who dosn't need an extra 20 energy?)
    - Evergreen Tunic (reason above)

I agree with Stone Mail on Khorror, just make sure you pack Trills as a mugic just in case it gets flipped

Warbeast powerleash works too but make sure you have all that recklessness taken care of, you can't trust Appelai as your only conjurer unless your getting 2 extra counters on him before you begin. Some decks won't target your warbeasts and then your stuck with killing yourself
    I feel I should respond to this one directly, rather than leaving it unsaid until I can publish.

I have dropped Gintanai from the team, as the cost doesn't seem worth the price; either I have to sacrifice a creature but get extra damage on air and earth attacks, or I get extra energy, cannot move, and lose the bonus damage in exchange for not needing sacrifices.

My new build has 7 air attacks, and five challenge attacks (courage, speed, and power, that is). I don't know if it will work, but I figure it is worth a shot.

I see. If it only works for one battle, I'll probably be better off with one of the ones that says "at the beginning of each combat, creature gains [element]" then.

Main reason for having Plasmarrow was the negation of healing. What is the effect of Whirling Wail and what is the build cost?

That's why I included the Muge's Edge. It boosts all my stats by 10, which is enough for quite a few to get at least three of the four stats to 70. If I were going to swap it out, which also likely means replacing the two Muge's Edge attacks, what would you suggest?

With Battlegear, I've discovered other cards that may be of use, such as aerodrone and algal wings. Thank you for the suggestions, however.

My new team includes a second Conjurer in the form of Ailav. I also have a plan to get Appelai to three counters nice and quick. Thank you for the tip, however, and I will definitely include a Trills of Diminution just in case.

Again, thank you to everyone who's been helping me. I really appreciate it.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Old Fan, New Player 592
    It's usually better than Plasmarrow or Flaming Coals and about even with Ice Disks.

Having just two attacks in there to rely on is going to require extreme luck without a search engine(talking about Muge's Edge)
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 pm

lazerbem wrote:Old Fan, New Player 592
    It's usually better than Plasmarrow or Flaming Coals and about even with Ice Disks.

Having just two attacks in there to rely on is going to require extreme luck without a search engine(talking about Muge's Edge)
    Oh. Yes, that is much more useful.

I see. Well, if I remove Megaroar and the Muge's Edges, I have 4 bp left and need three attacks. I could add a second Flashwarp, thus leaving me with 4 bp for two attacks. Are there any 2bp attacks that are very useful or reliable for mipedians?
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:38 pm

Vacuum Hemisphere and Eroding Blast can be decent utility moves to use if you get lucky with them. Aerosion is interesting, but it does flip down your own gear as well and is kind of crappy. Acceleration and Progressive Speed are cool as well, since your creatures are fast.

Also worth noting that Arborsmash is almost entirely worthless and relying on it to gain Earth Element is not going to pan out well. Iflar doesn't have the Courage for it anyway, you're better off just replacing it with a Lightning Burst.

Mipedian specialties are Speed, Earth, and Air.
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:10 pm

lazerbem wrote:Vacuum Hemisphere and Eroding Blast can be decent utility moves to use if you get lucky with them. Aerosion is interesting, but it does flip down your own gear as well and is kind of crappy. Acceleration and Progressive Speed are cool as well, since your creatures are fast.

Also worth noting that Arborsmash is almost entirely worthless and relying on it to gain Earth Element is not going to pan out well. Iflar doesn't have the Courage for it anyway, you're better off just replacing it with a Lightning Burst.

Mipedian specialties are Speed, Earth, and Air.

Vacuum Hemisphere and Eroding Blast seem like good counters in case my opponent uses air or earth attacks. They also do decent damage, so I may go with them.

What do you mean, Iflar isn't courageous enough? Arborsmash just requires 50 courage, right? From the few sources I can find stats for creatures from, I found Iflar can have a courage stat of 55. I don't know if that is the maximum, but that does happen to be enough, does it not? Also, I'm less relying on it for Earth attacks so much as having it there as a just in case. With one attack, I can make it so I don't need gear to get Earth element, saving room for more useful gear, right? I mean, if it really is a waste, a second Lightning Burst would likely come in handy, but I'm just not sure. Sure, the damage is sub-par, but the effect seemed like it made up for it...

Speed, Earth, and Air. I'll make sure to not forget.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:20 pm

The Chaotic Wiki is horrible. Really horrible. Iflar's courage doesn't get that high, it'd be lucky to get to 35. His average is 25.
    Old Fan, New Player Alltheforcesunderthesun
    Anyway, the damage is subpar and its effect won't work well for you most of the time. You're right in that Iflar doesn't really need Earth element due to his invisibility, you could give him a Xerium Armor so he can at least survive three hits.
    Here's another attack you might find interesting. I know it's got too many buildpoints to replace Arborsmash, but you get the point
    Old Fan, New Player Chaotic-trading-card-game-alliances-unraveled-single-card-common-118-turbulence-funnel-2
    This attack is also pretty good
    Old Fan, New Player 47
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:40 pm

25 courage and power? For a tribe leader? That just makes no sense at all (and here I was thinking I'd be fine if I gave him an Aerodrone...). I see now why some people give him Dragon Pulse. If this is the case, and considering some of my other attacks are challenges, perhaps a Van Bloot's Scythe would be a good choice for Iflar?

Also, so that I do not need to rely on Chaotic Wiki for stats, is there any sort of database out there that lists all the possible stats for each creature?

If I can find an attack that is 1 bp to go with it, I could use Turbulence Funnel. In exxchange I don't get the Vacuum Hemisphere or Eroding Burst, however. Seems like a fair trade in the long run in this case, though.

The last card's pic didn't show, so I have no idea what it is. XD
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Iflar is pretty much the worst out of the tribe leaders in terms of raw stats, yeah. Van Bloot's Scythe doesn't help too much, you aren't playing enough courage attacks for that and Iflar is the kind who either wins the battle in three moves or is screwed horribly. Xerium Armor though is a lifesaver for Iflar. It allows you to survive three hits with a good energy Iflar and considering how squishy he is, it can really help.

I'm afraid not. You can look on the Chaotic blogs, they tend to have pictures of creatures with stats, but those stats can vary. You're better off asking someone like Afjak or snorvell for the stats. speedplayervera also has a lot of stats.

The last one was Funnel Blast, it does 5 Air Damage, 5 Earth Damage, and 5 for a Stat Check of 50 speed. It is worth one buildpoint
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:11 pm

I suspect that, had the game continued, Iflar would likely have gotten a second variety that had better stats, but as you said, he's really a glass cannon. Armor it is, then.

Unfortunate. I guess I best start asking. I tried to post a link to the deck I made on TCO, but I am unable to do links until I've been a member for 7 days. The deck is uploaded on TCO under the name "Desert Fury (First Attempt)". Some of the Battlegear was picked in a rush, but otherwise, I feel it is a pretty good deck that is ready for testing...maybe.

I see. Well, I was able to find info on another attack that also is 1bp for 15 damage. The only difference is that the one I found, Airsault, is just Air 15, rather than three sets of 5. Now, however, I am thinking that Funnel Blast would possibly be better, as if used by a creature like Blazvatan, who has air 5 and earth 5, the damage would increase by 10. Might need to think about this one...
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Mipedians generally are glass cannons

You can just post the build in the Chaotic Decks section.

Yeah, that's why I feel Funnel Blast is better. Works better for Warbeasts and if one thing goes wrong, still works. If you lose Air, you'll still do damage with Funnel Blast
    Getsugaru
    Getsugaru
    Common

Post by Getsugaru Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Then I guess I shall post it there as well. Thanks to everyone who helped me with it, as well as the warm welcome I received as I joined this forum. I look forward to our further interactions.
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Draco218
    Chaotic Coins : 245

Post by ElementalDraco218 Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:17 am

that wasn't all. tc digital stock piled a bunch of art pieces in early stages because it was convenient for future production. in fact several creatures were never made into a card. Spyder originally call SySphy and Klesh originally called Madnus were never made. same wentbfor JigorRex and Katarin. Katarin wasnt made into one but was featured in the show on multiple occasions. jigor rex appeared twice. perhaps you remember when khybon invaded the mipedian vault. the little guy with him was JigorRex. also I the intro of season one. you may recall a flash of chaotic cards. Cryenox was there but was made until the game died.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:43 pm