Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
chaorcrew
brainard52
swiper
CSpacian
kidthebsarr1
Malcolm9
ElementalDraco218
bobosmith01
Mattwo
13 posters
  • Reply to topic

There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back...

Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
Chaotic Coins : 92

There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back... Empty There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back...

Post by Mattwo Sat May 30, 2015 12:45 am

The remaining fans must do it themselves. TCDigital is dead, Kodo Studios mysteriously faded back into obscurity and no one else is going to be brave enough to pick up the franchise with the past it's had, not like this anyway. If we showed a genuine effort to help get the franchise going again, someone out there is going to notice and support our efforts. This is the most sure-fire way to pull this sort of thing off. For right now though, we can't rely on anyone else.

Now me personally, I don't have the artistic or programming skills to help contribute to this effort, but I'm certain some of you out there do, so I say to you who do: If you really want to bring chaotic back so badly, prove it. Do it yourselves.

It doesn't matter if it takes a long time, if people see your honest effort, then someone is certain to be willing to lend their aid.

It's a bit of a batman gambit maybe, but if you pull it off, it will mean the return of Chaotic.
bobosmith01
bobosmith01
Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
Chaotic Coins : 289

There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back... Empty Re: There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back...

Post by bobosmith01 Sat May 30, 2015 11:03 am

I don't think we can rely on the original team either, honestly. And we'd have to get people who can actually get in character well for storyboards. I might run an Ask Chaotic Blog, but I'm by no means perfect. We also have to consider art style-and to be frank, do you have ANY idea how hard it is to draw motion-filled stuff? A single frame can already take forever-that's why there's shortcuts like keeping frozen positions.

Everything aside, I absolutely love this idea and it needs to be organized post-haste.
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back... Empty Re: There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back...

Post by Mattwo Sat May 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Well obviously moving the cartoon back to Flash animation at first would be the best way to go about things.
bobosmith01
bobosmith01
Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Sat May 30, 2015 11:19 pm

...Back to flash? I mean, yeah, easier way if we're talking about that generally and not art style.
ElementalDraco218
ElementalDraco218
Rare

Chaotic Username : Draco218
Chaotic Coins : 245

Post by ElementalDraco218 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:13 am

now if you really wanted to make a flash animation say for you tube or for a fan site I would love to be involved with that because of the fact of its a brilliant idea. I pride myself on my creative writing as an author and would graciously get involved. I understand that heavy editing would need to be done but I simply love writing. I actually have recently done an interview with merlin p. mann, one of the original concept writers for both Chaotic Now Or Never and GrollsAndGorks. I am actually going to post this interview a little bit later. but he woould be a really good guy to ask advice on this type of matter. and honestly he is really polite and helpful.
Malcolm9
Malcolm9
Rare

Chaotic Username : malcolm9
Chaotic Coins : 116

Post by Malcolm9 Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:04 am

Looks like we're seriously onto this now aren't we? xD
bobosmith01
bobosmith01
Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:28 am

Naturally.
kidthebsarr1
kidthebsarr1
newb

Chaotic Username : kid theb sar
Chaotic Coins : 4

Post by kidthebsarr1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:43 am

So.... how do we get it back
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:46 pm

kidthebsarr1 wrote:So.... how do we get it back
Did you even read the first post?
kidthebsarr1
kidthebsarr1
newb

Post by kidthebsarr1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Um....like yeah but I don't have money and I don't have a job either
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:41 pm

kidthebsarr1 wrote:Um....like yeah but I don't have money and I don't have a job either
Neither of those things are required of you specifically, but those will be likely be needed.

We will generally need people with art, animation and programming skills, and a webhost. We already have at least one person with comprehensive knowledge of Chaotic(ElementalDraco218).

Otherwise you're in the same boat as I am.
bobosmith01
bobosmith01
Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Pre-Chaotic, but yes. Is it a fullblown animation? That takes ridiculous amounts of time, especially if it's just a fan project.
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:27 pm

Well, it's probably best to try to get the game up and running again first, and frankly using some online card game thingy as a proxy isn't going to cut it. After the game gets up and running, resources should then be divided between making a new animation and making new cards, which is where ElementalDraco218's knowage of older versions of chaotic will come in handy.
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Realistically speaking it's going to take a lot of time and effort either way, but that's kind of the point.
bobosmith01
bobosmith01
Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:41 pm

I don't even known if we have rights to make PHYSICAL cards, though I think if it's online, we MIGHT be fine??
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:21 pm

We don't need to worry about rights if it's non-profit.
bobosmith01
bobosmith01
Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:43 pm

How the heck would we get the money in the first place, then? The cards, especially. I'd say just make them digital, like...how PTCGO did it, I dunno.
CSpacian
CSpacian
Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Throwing my two cents in I wouldn't say its impossible.

Technically speaking we could probably also just rename it as well. Abandon the name of Chaotic to the depths and give it a new name and call it the spiritual successor of Chaotic. Just look at all the 'clone' games out there that use the same exact mechanics, but under a different name that still exist. Pokemon's got a dozen of them. And that's for an active brand. (Though don't take my word for it, I'm not a lawyer.) Though non-profit would probably be the best bet to run with to avoid legalities as much as possible.
Also another route we can go rather than a Flash web cartoon is also just go with a web comic as well. Animation is a tricky business and I think a webcomic would be more capable to churn out. I know both are time consuming as I've tried both, perhaps that is also where a bit of experience comes into play as well. Plenty of TCGs have spawned from comic books and the sort.
And strictly speaking there is also the ability to continue the card game itself in the forms of print-and-play or online without the need to sell anything. If we wanted to go that venue and possibly try to mix up the stale metagame that we'll have after awhile. Print-and-Play TCGs aren't as rare as one might believe.
swiper
swiper
newb

Chaotic Username : SWIPER

Post by swiper Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:44 pm

It all just requires time. The time to learn how to do necessary things, time to work on certain projects, and the time to rebuild a great idea that would have derived from Chaotic.

I absolutely know it can be done! We don't need to be a professional studio production group to put this together. It just requires time and activeness from the community.

Anyone who is interested to talk about a sort of reboot of this game, please contact me. I have a plan, but I need people to help me put it together.
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:50 pm

CSpacian wrote:Technically speaking we could probably also just rename it as well. Abandon the name of Chaotic to the depths and give it a new name and call it the spiritual successor of Chaotic. Just look at all the 'clone' games out there that use the same exact mechanics, but under a different name that still exist. Pokemon's got a dozen of them. And that's for an active brand. (Though don't take my word for it, I'm not a lawyer.) Though non-profit would probably be the best bet to run with to avoid legalities as much as possible.
SWGEmu, SCHTHACK, Clementine Toontown Rewritten, and FusionFall Legacy all say hello.

CSpacian wrote:Also another route we can go rather than a Flash web cartoon is also just go with a web comic as well. Animation is a tricky business and I think a webcomic would be more capable to churn out. I know both are time consuming as I've tried both, perhaps that is also where a bit of experience comes into play as well. Plenty of TCGs have spawned from comic books and the sort.
Well, FusionFall Legacy is doing a manga...

CSpacian wrote:And strictly speaking there is also the ability to continue the card game itself in the forms of print-and-play or online without the need to sell anything. If we wanted to go that venue and possibly try to mix up the stale metagame that we'll have after awhile. Print-and-Play TCGs aren't as rare as one might believe.

I don't think selling cards at first would be the best route to go anyway, but we'd have to get everything in working order before we consider expansions.

I should point out BTW, that donations are non-profit, but it's best to at least show you're making progress before asking for any.
CSpacian
CSpacian
Rare

Post by CSpacian Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 am

Mattwo wrote:
SWGEmu, SCHTHACK, Clementine Toontown Rewritten, and FusionFall Legacy all say hello.
I was actually thinking of MonsterMMORPG, which was a Pokemon Clone until it got too big and Nintendo wanted to shut it down. They simply changed the name, got rid of the old creatures, and changed the names of the items Pokeballs to MonsterBoxes and they got away with it.

Mattwo wrote:
Well, FusionFall Legacy is doing a manga...
Just a suggestion. I have no idea if it would actually work and I think its a route that needs to be suggested.

Mattwo wrote:
I don't think selling cards at first would be the best route to go anyway, but we'd have to get everything in working order before we consider expansions.

I should point out BTW, that donations are non-profit, but it's best to at least show you're making progress before asking for any.
Oh, right, right. You're definitely right about that. I wasn't suggesting selling the cards, mostly just free methods, but we do need to lay the ground work before expansions.
kidthebsarr1
kidthebsarr1
newb

Post by kidthebsarr1 Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:12 am

How about chaotic 2.5.19
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:29 pm

kidthebsarr1 wrote:How about chaotic 2.5.19
I don't understand why you would call it that, but it doesn't have a good ring to it.

"Chaotic: Return to Perim" is the best I can think of off the top of my head, though I don't see why we have to add a moniker.
CSpacian
CSpacian
Rare

Post by CSpacian Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm guessing you were talking about my point about changing the name in which I don't think that would be enough. My point was more like a total name change like "NEW NAME: The Successor of Chaotic".

If you were not addressing my point than we could talk about adding a moniker, I guess, make it easier for people to find the new system, but in that case it would have to be easy to remember. In which case I would agree with Mattwo or something like 'Perim: Revisited', 'Chaotic: Restart' if you want to go into a computer type thing. Possibly even making an inside joke and call it 'Chaotic: Mirthquake' as a reference to the Dawn of Perim Attack card.
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Eh Restart sounds more like a Code Lyoko thing. Like "Code: Restart"

Anyway, some of the examples I already mentioned didn't add monikers to their private server projects.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 am