Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive?

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive? Empty Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive?

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:51 am

I did my occasional sweep of Ebay and I'm surprised to see how expensive chaotic cards still are. Like honestly 5+ dollars for ultras? 10s of dollars for lots of commons? 

Anyone have any clue why the value is still so high?! Come on its a dead game... I want cheap cards. This is completely out of hand.
    Hammar hades
    Hammar hades
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hammar Hades
    Chaotic Coins : 1

Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive? Empty Re: Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive?

Post by Hammar hades Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 am

Because very few people sell the cards so there is basically a monopoly on prices. When someone lists new cards, they see the current prices and list it up for similar amounts. If someone is selling an ultra for $30, why would you lost yours for anything less than $20.
    TianneTheMuge
    TianneTheMuge
    Common

Chaotic Username : Tianne
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive? Empty Re: Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive?

Post by TianneTheMuge Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:00 am

What's really bugging me is that on ebay and amazon there were booster pack sets that you could buy for about 60 or 80 cents a pack. They had been there for months and now they are all gone. I've scoured the internet for them but the best I can find is about a dollar or two for the packs, and it is sets like ZOTH and Silent Sands.

Hammar hades
    Hammar hades
    Common

Post by Hammar hades Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:02 am

Yeah the packs are ridiculously expensive for a dead game, especially for me as I have to have them shipped to Australia Unsure. I think that the supply of these unopened packs has dried up a lot.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:13 am

Yeah, I really should have invested more into packs myself.

Oh capitalism, ye olde supply and demand. Yeah that makes sense. I really wish I bought more cards when they were at the low point
    Hammar hades
    Hammar hades
    Common

Post by Hammar hades Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah most ultras are "extinct", super expensive uncut cards, cards from some collector who values them at like $80 an ultra, or lesser demanded ultras. It appears no one is willing to sell some of the more sought after cards for a reasonable price at this point.
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:39 am

A cards worth as much as someone's willing to pay for them. For example last week an Ursis was sold for $26 on ebay which may seem like a lot to some of you but to me it's cheap as heck. The past year i've sold 5 Ursis cards ranging from $50 to $100, there's no way i'd sell an Ursis to someone whose not willing to pay. All the expensive cards on ebay won't sell no one's willing to pay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chaotic-Card-Maxxor-protector-of-perim-Maxor-TCG-4kids-Ultra-RARE-Foil-50Hp-/121734245144?hash=item1c57ed2b18 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chaotic-Zamool-Lord-Van-Bloots-Enforcer-Ultra-Rare-Card-NM-/252068348095?hash=item3ab071c0bf for a $25 card... Since 90% of Ultras are worth $1 people have to try to sell the money cards for $25 a pop if they want to make any money.

P.s. A couple days ago you could still get the 288 pack lots for 30 cents a pack, I guess they ran out?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 am