Chaotic Backup Forum

Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive?

Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2358

Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive?

Post by Marrillian on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:51 am

I did my occasional sweep of Ebay and I'm surprised to see how expensive chaotic cards still are. Like honestly 5+ dollars for ultras? 10s of dollars for lots of commons? 

Anyone have any clue why the value is still so high?! Come on its a dead game... I want cheap cards. This is completely out of hand.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    Hammar hades
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hammar Hades
    Chaotic Coins : 1

Re: Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive?

Post by Hammar hades on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 am

Because very few people sell the cards so there is basically a monopoly on prices. When someone lists new cards, they see the current prices and list it up for similar amounts. If someone is selling an ultra for $30, why would you lost yours for anything less than $20.
    TianneTheMuge
    Common

Chaotic Username : Tianne
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by TianneTheMuge on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:00 am

What's really bugging me is that on ebay and amazon there were booster pack sets that you could buy for about 60 or 80 cents a pack. They had been there for months and now they are all gone. I've scoured the internet for them but the best I can find is about a dollar or two for the packs, and it is sets like ZOTH and Silent Sands.

Hammar hades
    Common

Post by Hammar hades on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:02 am

Yeah the packs are ridiculously expensive for a dead game, especially for me as I have to have them shipped to Australia Unsure. I think that the supply of these unopened packs has dried up a lot.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2358

Post by Marrillian on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:13 am

Yeah, I really should have invested more into packs myself.

Oh capitalism, ye olde supply and demand. Yeah that makes sense. I really wish I bought more cards when they were at the low point

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    Hammar hades
    Common

Post by Hammar hades on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah most ultras are "extinct", super expensive uncut cards, cards from some collector who values them at like $80 an ultra, or lesser demanded ultras. It appears no one is willing to sell some of the more sought after cards for a reasonable price at this point.
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 193

Post by ketac123 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:39 am

A cards worth as much as someone's willing to pay for them. For example last week an Ursis was sold for $26 on ebay which may seem like a lot to some of you but to me it's cheap as heck. The past year i've sold 5 Ursis cards ranging from $50 to $100, there's no way i'd sell an Ursis to someone whose not willing to pay. All the expensive cards on ebay won't sell no one's willing to pay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chaotic-Card-Maxxor-protector-of-perim-Maxor-TCG-4kids-Ultra-RARE-Foil-50Hp-/121734245144?hash=item1c57ed2b18 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chaotic-Zamool-Lord-Van-Bloots-Enforcer-Ultra-Rare-Card-NM-/252068348095?hash=item3ab071c0bf for a $25 card... Since 90% of Ultras are worth $1 people have to try to sell the money cards for $25 a pop if they want to make any money.

P.s. A couple days ago you could still get the 288 pack lots for 30 cents a pack, I guess they ran out?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 pm