Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Terabyte
KingMaxxor4
Max20102
Blitser
BlzvSprayTan
Doublea
10 posters

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards!

Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 276

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Empty Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards!

Post by Doublea Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:56 pm

All right, people listen closely to this tell. It's a story of a player (me) that decided to have some fun with his chaotic cards and photoshop skills.

I decided to create some customized chaotic cards for fun. I first started by just putting some unreleased card art into the templates and designing from there. But I found some links to some interesting customized mtg cards.

Step 1: Ruin Some Super Rares.

I learned that if you take Acetone (in my case I used nail polish remover, which has acetone in it) you can remove the ink from cards. I started off by experimenting on a rare, but soon realized that it's shininess is a fake shininess which eventually comes off like the ink. I figured that I had to use supers which had a more realistic holo effect to them. It seemed like black ink didn't like to come off as much as lighter colors too. I got three cards made and was fairly happy with the results.

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Photo1-6

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Photo2-6

Step 2: Edit the Cards with Photoshop (or something else...)

This member of deviantart created amazing templates for chaotic cards (http://king-of-craziness.deviantart.com/gallery/). If you own photoshop you'll be able to make any customization as your heart desires. This is what I came up with:

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Foils

Pretty nifty eh? I love the look of the full art cards Tongue

Step 3: Print Them Suckers Out.

Now there's various ways in doing this, but I found a relative easy way. At Office Depot they sell adhesive printable transparent paper for $16 (10 sheets). I had a fun time after I bought them and once I got home realized that there wasn't anything in the package. I had to return and exchange it for a proper item. Anyway. These things are super nifty they allow you to print anything and then stick it on a window or, in my case, a card.  

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Photo3-3

Step 4: Sticking Things Together.

I let the ink dry over night just in case and I took some scotch tape and cleaned the surface of the cards that the adhesive was to bind too. This made it so air bubbles were unlikely to form. I took off the back film and placed the cards onto the art (I should have taken a little more time because two of them didn't go perfectly straight and I didn't want to mess with them more).

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Photo4-2

Step 5: Cutting.

Once on and looking good you can cut them out! I just used one of those circular cutters, scissors, and a cutting mat. Once that's done you are practically finished! Here are the results!

Nice shiny full art cards. They look better in person. I think I might need to tamper with the settings a little next time and try to get the colors brighter. Or try putting a white background somewhere.

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Photo5-2

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Photo11

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Photo21

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Photo31

I also decided to make regular unreleased cards on just matte photo paper, here are them!

(coming soon)
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Empty Re: Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards!

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Not bad. Honestly Chaotic should have had the full art in the background of the card, and did something else to indicate Tribe. It looks really cool to have the art span over the whole card. Though it looks cool, it does make it obvious that they are proxies xD.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards! Empty Re: Doublea's Amazing Chaotic Proxy Cards!

Post by Doublea Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Well know that the game is dead I don't think anybody is going to care about proxies Tongue Now it's just a fun hobby to customize cards! If I get some paint I might try painting some cards to extend into full art.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:57 pm

I don't think I can bare to part with any of my supers, but this is really cool. The card's look absolutely excellent. In fact, they're the best fan-made ones that I've ever seen.

Having the art span the whole card is certainly interesting. It obscures a lot of the art, but makes what you can see much clearer. Overall I enjoy the effect.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:09 am

I don't even have many cards so it was tricky choosing which to destroy Tongue

I tried looking around for other chaotic cards that had been altered or made, but I couldn't find any. It would've been fun to see what people came up with. I'd say they're the best I've seen too.

It makes it a lot more focused on the creature themselves, I think the effect is super, but some art work just doesn't work with it.

Thanks for the compliments!
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Max20102
    Chaotic Coins : 706

Post by Max20102 Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:55 am

That is very realistic. Would try that sometime. Smile 
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:32 am

BlzvSprayTan wrote:Not bad. Honestly Chaotic should have had the full art in the background of the card, and did something else to indicate Tribe. It looks really cool to have the art span over the whole card. 
    Astrum Somnus wrote:Having the art span the whole card is certainly interesting. It obscures a lot of the art, but makes what you can see much clearer. Overall I enjoy the effect.

Yea the full card art span is a really nifty effect. It reminds me of some of the legendary foil cards in pokemon. I think if you're gonna "waste" a super to create something, this is the way to go. Truly lovely cards you've created.

At first I was looking at the images and was thoroughly confused. I was wondering why they looked so shiny and different. Then once I saw Blzv's comment it clicked. Because you removed the tribe indication and had a full spread art more of the holo shows. Love the effect!
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:14 am

I hate you for this. Now I want to go through all my cards and see which Supers I could bear to part with.
    I wonder what would happen if we were to use Ultras...Tongue
    I'd assume the same thing. I don't think there's a difference in holo-ness, but I could be wrong.

And do you think it would have worked better or worse with a Laser printer?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:44 am

I want to pin this, but I have no idea where...
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:59 am

The problem too of why it's so shiny is that a picture normally has white behind it, which gives it contrast. These are printed out on transparent paper which takes away that white and uses the shiny holo effect in it's place. I think of I messed with the colors I could possibly brighten them up. I was also thinking if I printed out a completely white background on the transparent paper I could put that one on first and then the card art. I think the holo effect would still appear and the white would help you see it more. I could also just white out the parts that I don't want to be holo, but I think that would work better if the card was more traditional.

I don't even have many supers Tongue so I guess I'm not as attached to them haha. Some Ultras have different holo effects. If you look at Gintanai you can see that he isn't holo, but his background is. They look a little more clear too. But I don't want to destroy any of the ultras I have...

I think a laser printer might work. The paper says for Inkjet though. I've also heard that laser printers can melt the plastic transparent sheets, I just don't know if that includes the ones I used.

If you have any questions feel free to ask too!
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Do you know if it's possible to remove the transparent sheet and try again should an error be made?
    Also, did you just use a Q-tip or a Cotton ball to remove the colors?
    Also, just shadowed cards would probably look pretty cool. If you took off the color and left the black. Yterio might not be completely recognizable, but he looks cool in the pic. Tongue
    And where did you get the Art you used? I know there are galleries somewhere, but if you have them bookmarked or something, that'd make things a lot easier. Tongue
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:39 pm

I believe if you get some water you can rub off the ink and should be able to print it again. It warns you to try and not get it wet. Here's the link to what I used-> http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/212881/Office-Depot-Brand-Inkjet-Window-Decals/

I think you can also buy transparent paper like what those old school projectors used, but it's a lot more money and you have to get some kind of spray on adhesive, so this other way is the way to go.

Here's some very good tutorials that I used dealing with the whole process, but with magic cards. https://www.youtube.com/user/HarderTimes/videos

I just used a rag, but a q-tip might be nice if some of it. Try and not get the acetone on the edge or back of the card because it will start taking the foil off. This happened to me, but I don't think it too noticeable after I put the art on.

I thought Yterio looked pretty cool that way, like I said black seems to be the most finicky for me.

Here's the art that I found.
    http://art-of-chaotic.deviantart.com/
    and from our good member Ketac123
    https://s1363.photobucket.com/user/Chaotic11D/library/Chaotic%20Art%20Work?sort=3&page=1

Boom.

Now that I think about it, Locations would look really cool full art. Especially because it wouldn't cut much of the art off! Too bad I haven't found too many high quality location pictures.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:16 pm

What cards did you remove art from? Looks like two Battlegear and Yterio. Just wondering what other supers look like under the prints.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Two maxxor's torches. I would think most supers look the same under neath. Battlegear I might be better to use cause they are lighter colored.
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Chaotic Username : FinalOne1
    Chaotic Coins : 87

Post by FinalOne1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:29 pm

I wonder if this would work with the premium cards... There could be some really cool effects with the premium foil with some cards.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:35 pm

I've never seen any premium cards in real life... but if they are real foils then it should work. Anybody want to upload a photo of one?
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:26 pm

the maxxor and blaz you bought a while back was premium
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:34 pm

Those were gold foil, I'd imagine premiums were different, am I wrong?
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : cromax123456
    Chaotic Coins : 406

Post by cromax123456 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:37 pm

no the gold foils came from the Premium Packs so they're also called premium foils
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:07 am

So what do the other ones look like?
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:16 am

Premium and gold foil are the same thing. To get technical there's no such thing as gold foil, and it's just a name we got handed over to our premium pack cards from Yugioh.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:45 am

Uh ok. Maybe I'm just confusing premium and promo cards.
    ChromeDragon258
    ChromeDragon258
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Zifer78
    Chaotic Coins : 71
    Location : In the wilds of Perim .Getting torn to shreds by creatures in known as "Younger Siblings."

Post by ChromeDragon258 Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:10 pm

I want the mipedian king!!!
    (i wonder if those were going to be his actual stats and abilities? ("Imagines having fun with that card") Cool )
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:04 pm

Well I made up the stats and ability, so I guess they are realistic haha.
    ChromeDragon258
    ChromeDragon258
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Zifer78
    Chaotic Coins : 71
    Location : In the wilds of Perim .Getting torn to shreds by creatures in known as "Younger Siblings."

Post by ChromeDragon258 Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 pm

LOL Tongue Laugh w00t Hehe Big Grin Awe Smile (< i like to contort my face)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:19 am