Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked

Poll

Best Deck of the Week

[ 3 ]
    Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Bar_left50%Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Bar_left0%Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Bar_left0%Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Bar_left50%Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 6
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Empty Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked

Post by CSpacian Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Was planning something different, but I figured maybe we'll try something more common in terms of a challenge. Something everybody has probably done before. For the Rules of the Teambuilding Competition in general click here: Rules

Now onto the prompt!
    1. The goal this week is to create a deck based around Common and Uncommon Creatures and cards only
    2. No cards of Rare, Super Rare or Ultra Rare are allowed.
    3. There is no tournament tied into Army Building Competition so Counter-Teaming is useless!
    4. All decks are to be submitted here OR you can submit a link to another thread on this forum.
    5. You have one week! So up until October 3rd 2015 to create a deck and submit it for it to be allowed in the competition. Its a stiff dead line, but it may be changed for future challenges! If you are late you are still welcome to add it to the thread, but it will not be capable of being voted for. People may still give you useful tips, tricks, and improvements. And it will just help to create a massive backlog of capable decks.
    6. Duplicate ideas are allowed.
    7. READ OTHER BUILDS before posting yours. If you post what looks to be an exact copy and paste of another person's deck with only one or two changes it will be looked down upon by the community.

Last edited by CSpacian on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Empty Re: Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:06 pm

The Mountain Knight
    This deck is and underworld burn deck based on one of my favorite cards galmadar with 110p 80-85c and 65e (on my ones) he's a freaking monster

TCO link:http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/editDeck/deck_id/669003

1 2 3
    4 5
    1. galmedar@burithean axe
    2. ragetrod@armbands of lore
    3. galmedar@ burithean axe
    4. ragetrod@armbands of lore
    5. ulmar@Ozlia's wreck
    6. ulmar@supercharged alterate

Mugic

canon casualty 2x
    discord of disarming 1x
    dissonance of distraction 2x
    elemental denial 1x

locations
    The pits 2x
    the swartbron 2x
    cryomorph barricades 2x
    castle rathwaq 2x
    underworld city during van bloots accent 2x

attacks
    flashwarp 2x
    shadow strike 2x
    marksmans preparation 2x
    daunting bravery 2x
    dry liquid 2x
    ash torrent 2x
    rust toxic 2x
    earth pulse 2x
    fearless strike 2x
    prowl strike 2x

CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Empty Re: Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked

Post by CSpacian Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:47 am

Surprisingly I found creating a good Location Deck to be the hardest thing of this challenge. Creatures were fairly easy to come by as were attacks, Mugic, and Battlegear. But Locations, man...

1 2 3
    4 5

1. Mhein w/Citadel Fragments
    2. Hiadrom w/Evergeen Tunic
    3. Makanaz w/Ozlai's Wreck
    4. Uholdan w/Vlaric Shard
    5. Ivelaan w/Super-Charged Alternate
    6. Uholdan w/Armbands of Lore

Mugic:
    Unisong
    Elemental Counterpoint
    2x Intense Polyphony
    Symphony of Similarity
    Nourishing Nocturne

Locations:
    2x Gloomuck Swamp
    2x Mount Pillar Reservoir
    2x The Hive Gallery
    2x Skeletal Springs
    2x Riverlands

Attacks:
    0 BP:
    2x Shadow Strike
    Spirit Gust
    Sunder Ground
    1 BP:
    2x Rustoxic
    2x Torrent of Water
    2x Geyser Gush
    2x Daunting Bravery
    2x Rip Tide
    2x Mineral Mayhem
    2 BP:
    2x Deluge of Doom
    2x Enlightened Tenacity

First off all Creatures are Mandiblors.
    I was debating between Mineral Mayhem and Earth Pulse for a 1 BP attack, so if you want to drop it for a bit of extra damage go ahead. But I was really worried about Lord Van Bloot, SOA (or SOB take your pick), so I decided the ability to gain a lot of extra Courage just in case was necessary as this deck really relies on its Elements. Symphony of Similarity is also in here to serve a similar purpose, same with Unisong.
    Earth-Based attacks are more frequent than any other attack in this deck so Vlaric Shard is very important.
    Feel free to sacrifice Uholdan for Nourishing Nocturne. Mhein and Hiadrom are your two best attackers while I would prefer to use their Mugicians for activating Hive as Hiadrom's Hive ability is amazing, keeping them alive far outweighs making them better in combat.
    If I could use Rare and up cards I would probably look into adding maybe Deep Dirge + Tabaal, Hive Amber, or Talisman of the Mandiblor. As well as looking at Castle Mommark as the deck lacks a good way to kill Makanaz and Ivelaan
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Another week. Another two decks.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm sorry C. I'll make a deck and edit this today if you wanna add me. Just give me a little bit.

:Sloth:
    Edit:I did it! It's called "Running Water"

Attacat,Tactical Aid  Overworld  Water Element   Earth Element
    115s 65w 55 or might be 60e,1mc range and swift 1.
    Levitarr Gives 50s and does 5 damage to creatures that land attacks on Attacat.

Otinee  Mipedian  Water Element   Earth Element
    65s 60w 60e (might be more) Water 5 1mc
    Super charged alternate when revealed gives 100 in a certain dicipline (pick speed) might be a one time thing so It might be changed.

Vitar'Zu   Marrillian  Water Element   :
    110s 60w 55 e (if I remember it right)
    Earthproof 25,Intimidate 30s and does extra 5 to mipedians.
    Amber Shard gives earth 25 energy and defender to minions.  Earth Element

(Magma Shard Gives Fire,25e and Defender Chief)  Fire Element

Phelphor, of the Deep  Marrillian  Water Element
    Fluidmorph 1mc move the opponents creature. Might be switched for another Morph like Lam'inkal.
    Bronzeflight gives Defender when the opponent has Range.

Jus'Hebban  Marrillian
    Chieftain ,makes your creatures attacatcks I mean attacks have challenge 50 Speed deal 10 damage.

Format:
    1 2 3
    4 5
    1. Attacat,Tactical Aid / Levitarr
    2.Otinee / Super Charged Alternate
    3. Same as 1.
    4. Phelphor of the Deep/ Bronzeflight
    Or Vitar'Zu with Magma Shard
    5. Vitar'Zu / Amber Shard
    6.Jus'Hebban / W.E.V or undecided

Mugic
    Nourishing Nocturne 2mc
    Destroys a minion and gives target creature it's energy.
    Candence Clash x2
    Sends a mugic back to the owners hand.
    Geo Flourish x2 1mc heals 15 damage

Nourish must be switched if a fluidmorph is not in this deck.

Locations
    Runic Grove x2
    Dranikis Threshold x2
    Rapo'Sahkk ,Ihun'Kalin's Foothold x2 (sorry switch for something else forgot it was rare..though it fits great)
    Riverlands x2
    Imaginary walls
    Hunter's Perimeter or Mipedim Mirage (can't use miped)

Attacks
    Vine Snare x2 2bp
    Time Slow x2
    Acceleration x2 6bp
    Poison Sphere x2 8bp
    Meditative Leap x2 10bp
    Aqua Recoil x2
    Rain Spears x2 16bp
    Flood force x2 18 bp
    Last 2 1bp and 0bp are undecided

Attacks can be switched around as much as you want.

How to use? Well that's simple Speed speed speed,water water water! This deck hits fast and it hits hard.

Weaknesses? General low energy, Losing elements , losing speed,losing that chief can hurt quite a bit and Phobia plates would be hurtful. Luckily a lot of the things that can stop it would be rare and higher so  up against uncommon/common decks it should do okay. Like you won't see Lord Van bloot,Najarin ff,blazvatan or ninren so that's nice. I think Chio's deck might be pretty challenging but I still think I might be able to pull out ahead. Love his deck though Galmadar's ability isn't something to gawk at.

Step by step how to use though would be to scope out what they got and attack at their weak spots. Attacat's have range and swift! Use it! All attacks shold be dishing out big numbers. Those Levitarr's add up brah! Consider who it is that you're fighting say Zhade attacks attacat or Otinee..Nope switch in your Vitar'zu. Opponent getting a little close to your Chief? Push him back with Phelphor and jump to him With Attacat. Otinee getting a little low? Use Attacat's ability. Getting a little low,geo flourish. They used dry touch? Harmonics! Need that little extra water damage? Harmonics! Mugic's all generic so runic grove is good.. Vitar'zu with Magma might be a little more helpful then Phelphor but it's really up to you.

Anyways Honorable mentions here
    Mocka'dyn
    Deceleration Requiem
    The attack that Gives 100 speed
    Hermatred etc.

Hope you like it!

Last edited by King A-Game Darini on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Sure. That would be nice.
    I'll make sure people can edit their votes.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:22 pm

I added it. It only took me so long because I accidentally clicked the top of the fourm sending me to the Lobby when I was in the explaining it phase. I think it's a good one.

It's called "Running Water" can't believe I forgot to add the name lol I edited it in.

Last edited by King A-Game Darini on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Ah, crap. I can't edit the poll. After people vote apparently only moderators can edit polls so I'm going to need one of the mods to do it.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:35 pm

I did it for yah..thought i'd be rude to do it myself without asking. It's funny when everyone votes for themself
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Actually I think me and Chiodosin1 voted for each other. I think its been going on like that for the past two weeks.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:38 pm

can confirm I don't like voting for myself
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:11 am

Wait can you extend this one more day? I've been really busy this week and really want to post a deck Frown
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:35 am

Just make it then add yourself lol. Only us 3 have voted
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 am

Yeah, no problem. Just add yourself. I can't do anything anymore and if you want you can clear the votes too. Only us three have voted so far and it seems like we're on it fairly regularly. If that's the case I'll just extend the voting period to next Saturday.

And to Chiodosin's point about voting for yourself I'm fine with it (especially if I feel like mine really is the best), but I usually subtract about 20% from my score for bias. Plus, for the first two weeks I really do feel like Chiodosin's decks have been better than mine (especially that first one).
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Team-Building Competition Week 3: Commonly Overlooked Empty Budgetmorpher's Might

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:41 pm

Budgetmorpher's Might

1. Lam'inkal/Levitaar
    2. Jus'hebban/Skelatal Steed
    3. Lam'inkal/Levitaar
    4. Dror'niq/Supercharged Alterant
    5. Dror'niq/Supercharged Alterant
    6. Xis'torq/Indigo Sash

Mugic:
    Denial Refrain of the Deep
    Fatiguing Falsetto x2
    Surprising Riffs x2
    Tonal Destruction

Locations:
    M'arrillian Pulse Beacons x2 
    Mipedian Dew Farm x2
    Rao'Pa Sahkk, The Ocean with No Water x2
    The Storm Tunnel, Ki'bro's Foothold/Flooding x2 (Sadly can't have x2 of both, your call)
    Broken Edge x2

Attacks:
    Fluidmight x2 6bp
    Caustic Cascade x2 10bp
    Eidolon Advance x2 12bp
    Essential Evaporation x2 14bp
    Flood Force x2 16bp
    Kha'rall Crush x2 18bp
    Obscuring Winds x2 20bp
    Sleet Slide x2 20bp
    Timeslow x2 20bp
    Velocitrap x2 20bp

Step 0. - Build
    Symmetrical deck. OCD got to me. Sticking with a M'arrillian theme. Of course, I firmly believe that the M'arrillian tribe has the most bang for you're buck (once you hit the Rare and below range, the decks get super powerful). I went through a few iterations of deck builds before settling on the bonus damage from Jus'hebban. 

Step 1. - Deck Goal
    The key focus of this deck is to keep Dror'niq alive. These are your real fighters! You are free to lose Jus'hebban mid game as long as you still have Dror'niq. Jus'hebban acts as a bait/bonus to your team. Use Lam'inkal as your mugic casters and to stack up counters/ cycle attack deck for your Dror'niq. If you win with just the Jus'hebban Lam'inkal speed wombo, well good for you. Take down some fighters! 

Let Dror'niq have mad stacks before engaging in combat. You can 1 hit ko (OTK) any creature with enough mugic counter stacks. Since you have 2 Dror'niqs, I'm assuming you will have 2 OTK at least per match. Once the opponent's fighters are out, you should be able to clean up pretty easily. 

Although Xis'torq has an Indigo Sash, if you're engaging in combat with him, that's probably a bad sign.

Step 2. - Early Game
    So the strategy is to match up the guys with the higher speed against your opponents creatures. I placed the Skeletal Steed on Jus'hebban since his innate speed is so high. It may be beneficial for you to charge straight into the fray with him. If you go second, most likely your opponent is going to attack Jus'hebban anyway. You should be able to handle combat with him. 

Step 3. - Synergies
    Fatiguing Falsetto -  is if you're feeling confident with an engage, but don't quite have the speed challenge yet. Play it and reap the rewards. A bonus side effect is that it will most likely shut down stat check attacks.
    Surprising Riffs - Resets man, resets. Along with M'arrillian Pulse Beacons to get the supercharged back to usable position.

Step 4. - Counters/Subsitutions
    Skeletal Springs, Numin Voidland, Frozen Fire. Originally I had Biakan instead of Xis'torq (or replacing Lam'inkal). Biakan would essentially give you location control if you sub him in which could come in handy.
    In case you are concerned of Jus'hebban dying early game, you can break my formation and switch his position with a Dror'niq, and change his b-gear to an Indigo Sash for extra speed boost.
    Consider replacing Broken Edge with Queen's Gate if you are concerned about Mipedian decks. The former would be more likely consistently advantageous.

Alternate Formation:
    1. Dror'niq/Supercharged Alterant
    2. Lam'inkal/Levitaar
    3. Dror'niq/Supercharged Alterant
    4. Jus'hebban/Indigo Sash
    5. Biakan/Levitaar
    6. Xis'torq/Indigo Sash

TLDR; I usually don't do write ups; well, cause writing... http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/669887
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:43 am

Dror'niq that evil dolphin. I'm not sure who'd win if my deck faced his. My immediate thought would be to face the Dror's but killing them would be pretty hard considering the super charged and his ability,I know the rebuttal would be you going for my Phelphor then MY jus.. His would probably win due to it being a high speed deck but not using it as the main source of attacat I mean attack. I like the use of the Riffs. I'd probably need that with Otinee. However there might be a better creature other then Lamin'kal. Don't get me wrong he's like my favorite morph but his speed leaves something to be desired.. still his 65e + x elementproof 0 to 40 gain isnt something that should be ignored.. especially cause of the lack of Healing plus you're using storm tunnel flooding. I'd say Bi-mower over steed but it's a common/uncommon deck so I bet you'd of put it in if you could. The jus'hebaan bait thing is what I like most to be honest. I considered using Xis in mine but I figured I could cover the slack with healing.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:24 pm

man life was easier when there was only 1 deck that wasn't mine now I actually have to choose and stuff
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Anyone have opinions about my alternate build? I really liked the concept of location control, but was scared to place Dror'niq on front lines.

Chiodosin1 wrote:man life was easier when there was only 1 deck that wasn't mine now I actually have to choose and stuff
    And I ain't planning on it getting easy again haha

@Agame
    Yeah you're right. Lam'inkal could have been replaced. I was simply looking for a fluidmorpher with high energy and didn't care too much about base speed. Although I'm not sure with the current constraints if another fluidmorpher would be much better. Of course I didn't look at non-fluidmorphers; here's where Atticat would have been an excellent choice. But then again, as I pointed out, the speed challenge isn't the main focus of the deck haha. I added Jus'hebban in pretty late during the deck building cycle.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:30 am

Looking at your deck your deck though besides the fluidmorph attacks and the dew farm,you aren't really in need of Lam's Counters. Hmm If you don't mind being a little off balanced (I know you like the Symetry) but maybe take out one of the Lam's for an Attacat? You can have a range/swift creature where you don't have to throw your Chief in the mix.I think a Baton would look better then a steed if you're using him as bait. I like the use of pulse beacon though!
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:12 am

Ordinarily today would be the last day to vote, but due to the voter reset (and the votes are still somewhere to 1-3 short compared to the past few weeks) the voting period will be extended to Saturday.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:22 pm

King A-Game Darini wrote:Looking at your deck your deck though besides the fluidmorph attacks and the dew farm,you aren't really in need of Lam's Counters. Hmm If you don't mind being a little off balanced (I know you like the Symetry) but maybe take out one of the Lam's for an Attacat? You can have a range/swift creature where you don't have to throw your Chief in the mix.I think a Baton would look better then a steed if you're  using him as bait. I like the use of pulse beacon though!

Ok fine, you win, you're the better deck builder Tongue
    Can I amend my submission? lol

1. Dror'niq/Supercharged Alterant
    2. Attacat, Tactical Aide/ Levitaar
    3. Dror'niq/Supercharged Alterant
    4. Jus'hebban/Indigo Sash
    5. Biakan/Levitaar
    6Xis'torq/Indigo Sash

Now Dror'niq is in the front lineup.

jk, I don't want to set a precedent for amending.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:22 am

Okay, now the voting period is over and it is a tie between M'arrillian and Chiodosin each receiving three votes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:43 am