Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
CSpacian
CalyGamer13
6 posters

Assimilated Danians & the Danian Threat

CalyGamer13
    CalyGamer13
    newb

Chaotic Username : CalyGamer13
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Assimilated Danians & the Danian Threat Empty Assimilated Danians & the Danian Threat

Post by CalyGamer13 Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:11 am

Well first of all I'm new so...hi =p.

Now assimilated creatures are some of my visual favorites. There's four assimilated Danians, one from each opposing tribe; the Overworld's Raznus, the Underworld's Hammerdoom Chantcaller, the Mipedian Kolmo who some how got purified and finally the M'arrillian Nunk'worn. I'm curious if they tried infecting Neth'uar, the chieftain that tainted their reservoir or a giant M'arrillian like the Kha'rall Rol'doi. Warbeasts are conjured, so I doubt they could get assimilated. What would you guys think would be cool to see assimilated? I'd think one of the weirder looking creatures would be cool like Yokkis, Solvis, Mishmoshmish or Klasp.

Now it looked like the Danians and the Underworld were going to be the main focus in the Fire and Stone expansion before the series bankrupted. Looking around I came across an unused location card called Nest of the Ancestors on E-Mann's Deviantart page. The image shows a huge battle between Danians and Underworlders. In the comments another official Chaotic artist, JNcomix, explained the details of the card. This is the explanation from him and the Chaotic wiki (which seems not as reliable to you guys)

The wiki side says after the new Danian queen (Aszil, the Young Queen) takes over, Illexia and Lore takes some people to build a new home to focus on infecting and ancestral. Those in the new location have to go through metamorphosis (Klencka, Yondaf and possibly Gorram for example), to show their devotion. Now from what it looks like Illexia leads the infectionists like Yondaf, Symbiotic Infector and Fliandar. While Lore, Ancestral Caller leads the ancestral callers like Elna and Khirtlaan.

JNcomix says the Danian's expansion didn't go unnoticed by the Underworld. So Chaor sends a battalion to reclaim the land. The card shows a legion of generic Danians fighting off the Underworld's (from what I can tell, left to right) Strikto, Vyll, Ragetrodd, Blaaxa, Torrna, Klesh (he was the escaped prisoner in the Train Wreck episode), Grook, Nivenna (LT version), a generic Underworld raider?, Solvis, Marquis Darini (Torrna's ability needs a friendly Mipedian so possibly?) or a lookalike, Klasp, Zaur and finally Lyssta.

Anyways beside the Danian land grab, they have been trying to improve on there infecting (Assimilating) and ancestral calling (Necromancy). On Yondaf's card he seems to be trying to assimilate Mock'adyn, who was trying to become the next head M'arrillian. I also found the art portfolio for stonewurks, who goes into detail about some cards. Most seem to be battlegear and a lot are Danian centric; Ancestral Claws, Ancestral Parasite, Apolyxic Coat and Oiponts Claws/ Wingtips (which says it was supposed to be a Danian only battlegear).

How dangerous do you guys think the Danians could've been?
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Assimilated Danians & the Danian Threat Empty Re: Assimilated Danians & the Danian Threat

Post by CSpacian Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:17 am

Like all tribes Danians could easily become a massive power-house. However, to be fair it seems like a lot of the tribes were going to get massive buffs. The Mipedians were getting their king and dragons, the Underworlders seemed to be getting another Lord Van Bloot (who every time he gets a card released he has become a massive threat), and I'm sure the Overworlders and M'arrillians weren't going to be left out.
    Moving on you also seem to have forgotten that Aszil is the new queen and wants to focus on Elements and not only focus Elements, but also has managed to apparently join forces with the above mentioned Lord Van Bloot to try and take control of the Tremor Gate.
    So to answer your question? Yes, the Danians would've been incredibly dangerous not just for the Infection but because they were going to join up with Lord Van Bloot, probably THE antagonist of the show.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Assimilated Danians & the Danian Threat Empty Re: Assimilated Danians & the Danian Threat

Post by bobosmith01 Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Eh, Mipedians had a really good role, too. I mean, they sorta found a big hint towards the Cothica. Pretty important.
    That said, it seemed there would have been some really interesting stuff, and I'm sorta sad it didn't get to see the light of day.
    That's what fan stuff is for.
    That said, Danians WERE going to get a bit more of a centric role, especially with the whole 'new queen' deal.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Lord Van Bloot was allied with them, true, but he was also rather obviously planning to backstab them. On the other hand, the book also says that Aszil is aware of his treacherous nature, so who knows?

I'd like to note that Van Bloot has allied with Danians before, Skartalas being an example(let's be honest, rumors are always true in Chaotic)
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:19 pm

It's not like Danians are above backstabbing.. Raznus for example. I feel like the mipedians would of become the counter to the danians infection with Kolmo becoming Purified and them looking in Khen-Sepp's digsite. I felt like they were leaning more towards the Spirit lands in the next season but definetly would of checked up on the danians and mipedian progress seeing as so much of the show was devoted to Overworld and Underworlders. (Tom is the main character afterall) They really should of added a fifth member for a Marrilian user. Itd be cool if Crellen would of made a few more appearances.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:25 pm

King A-Game Darini wrote:It's not like Danians are above backstabbing.. Raznus for example. I feel like the mipedians would of become the counter to the danians infection with Kolmo becoming Purified and them looking in Khen-Sepp's digsite. I felt like they were leaning more towards the Spirit lands in the next season but definetly would of checked up on the danians and mipedian progress seeing as so much of the show was devoted to Overworld and Underworlders. (Tom is the main character afterall) They really should of added a fifth member for a Marrilian user. Itd be cool if Crellen would of made a few more appearances.
    Mister E is the closest thing we got to a M'arrillian user. There was also some other guy whose name I don't remember, but he didn't do much or say much other than get taken down in a single battle.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Lord Van Bloot with the Danians could still form a potent combination especially since they are both very EARTH heavy decks and they would probably be allied for a single set.
    Was there any explanation to purified Kolmo? Did the Danians give Kolmo back as a sign of good faith to the Mipedians for the war or did the Mipedians figure out the cure? Maybe we'll finally find out a bit more about Farkhaj and Nukasai.
    The M'arrillians were evil and if they made a human character that used them that would kind of garner sympathy for them. What I was betting on was that after the war and Aa'une's defeat some of the kinder M'arrillians would've wanted to enter the upper world and get along with the tribes rather than fight or something.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:33 am

I've written fanfiction about Kolmo and his unassimilation, but realistically, there's plenty of mugic and attacks that can uninfect creatures.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:31 am

bobosmith01 wrote:I've written fanfiction about Kolmo and his unassimilation, but realistically, there's plenty of mugic and attacks that can uninfect creatures.
    Given how permanent the show makes it seem, it's possible that
    a. It's only in there for game mechanics in the dromes
    b. It only works before a certain period of time
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:20 am

Most (if not all) un-assimilation stuff though is Danian base. So while it is true if the Mipedians in the show found a way to un-assimilate (or more than likely the Overworlders) found their own way to un-assimilate there may be some interesting facts that can be brought up.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:54 pm

The Marrilian's were just all around stronger and way smarter then every other tribe across the board. It's hard to find a useless Marril they aren't any more evil then any other tribe considering they're all at war. But back to the subject of danian infection. 1. If it was more likely that the overworlder did it then they probably would of purified raznus by now.. and 2. Mipedians are the most "Tribaly mystical" besides OW with their cloaks and strange yet versitile utility mugic. And all the glowing tattoos.. Kolmo was in high regards to the mipedians so it's likely Prince Mudeenu spent some time on working out a cure for Kolmo.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:46 pm

This is just something I'd like to note, and it may just be gameplay vs. story segregation, but note how the Parasite infecting you doesn't actually nessecarily mean anything in gameplay other than the Parasite Token. It seems there has to be some sort of second step to be "counted" as a Danian and/or convert-maybe specific kinds of Parasites?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:52 pm

it could just take time rasnus took a whole journey across perim and then some to transform a chaotic match is pretty short by comparison
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:56 pm

We know that the drome battles don't operate on the same logic as the Perimian World. A good example of this is Surge Song, which presumably lasted for hours before fading away, whilst in the drone it was what, 15 minutes max?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Exactly, especially since creatures seem to "reset" between turns with most effects and damage going away (though not being "infected" it should be noted)
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:25 am

I'd like to note Yondaf's card. Technically speaking, it doesn't prove anything, but I always got the impression the bodily changes happen *very* quickly.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Idk my opinion is that infection is just having a parasite in you while assimilation is when one completely takes over your mind and body which for most RL parasites takes some time
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:59 am

Oh, hey, nightmare fuel time: Just being around Danians? That can turn you into one.
    Think I'm joking? Read Hammerdoom's bio. "The Call of the Hive" slowly turned him into a Danian with every time he heard it. I'm not even joking: This is confirmed in the Guide to All Things Chaotic. He went to Mount Pillar to undergo his eventual transformation.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:32 am

I thought the implication was that someone had hit him with a parasite while he wasn't looking
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:08 pm

That's what I thought, too, but again, someone PMed me a snippet of Hammerdoom's assimilation (as I just posted about him on my Chaotic Blog).
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:50 pm

I think I heard of such a thing as well, but to be frank that can still mean a lot of things. Call of the Hive can do it or maybe just Danian Mugic in general.
    It does bring an interesting idea about Danian infection though. I mean with that case it seems like a case of brainwashing. He wasn't transformed into one, yet he was one. It could translate into a weird transformation idea maybe Parasites don't fully give us the idea of Danian Infection.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 pm

If that's the case-actually, wait, that probably is the case.
    Which means assimilated Creatures needed to be basically brainwashed with the call of the Hive AND have a Parasite. Which means, even if the parasite comes out...Oh boy.
    That really is creepy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:36 pm