Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

DoP deck showdown

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

DoP deck showdown Empty DoP deck showdown

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm guessing this is the place for this? but I have no idea

anyway recently there was a sort of chaotic game thing that included only DoP cards. it also was single player allowing me to go head to head with they guy who's never lost to me, me.

I had a neat Idea to do a sort of tournament of decks based around the 4 ultra rare creatures and 4 super rare ones for a 8 deck tourny. anyway here's a summary of what went down

I paired what I thought were better decks with what I thought were worse decks first to hopefully make the later rounds be the best of the best so the first round was a bit of a slaughter house

First off the underworld's own takinom's speed power deck faced off against the mighty maxxor's courage wisdom deck. the underworlders just didn't have the damage output or durability to deal with maxxor's forces and were pretty quickly slaughtered in a crushing 5-0 loss.

Next up Chaor's maxiumum firepower underworlders faced off against the wet wild water warriors of intress. saddly the water creatures of blugon and intress just had too low energy to surive even 1 attack+mugic combo from chaor's and with only healing mugic not gaining mugic in DoP they were wiped out before they could even blink. a perfect 6-0 for chaor

The mudeenu's mipedian strike team threw there hat in against the mighty ultra rare heptadd's elemental fighters but by striking fast with hard hitting attacks and help from tiaane the mipedians were able to take out key fighters quickly like crawsectus and heptadd. even with most of there mugic still in tact for healing the remaining forces couldn't deal enough damage to stop mudeenu's team who won 4-0.

The final match pitted the mighty Lord van bloots earth courage power team, agianst the danians power wisdom earth team. thanks to the combined power of hive and some very helpful mugic the danains took and early lead removing the deadly van bloot very early on. with more mugic help rothar was also taken out of the picture but when the mugic ran dry the other rothar finally had his turn for revenge thanks to his stone mail the dainains took many attempts but ultimately couldn't beat rothar and lost 1-0

next round pits Old rivals against each other as Von bloot's team of himself, 2 rothars, zaur, and 2 ulmars faces off agianst chaors team of 2 magmons, 2 barath beyonds, draknus. and chaor to see who's the true underworld ruler.

Meanwhile on the surface prince mudeenu beat the last batch of overworlders and his team of himself, 2 barathes, 2 tiannes, and marqui darinni are here to finish the fight. But will they be stopped by the overworld rulers team of Maxxor, 2 crawsectus, 2 mommark, and larinna? 

Place your bets and tune in next time to find out
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

DoP deck showdown Empty Re: DoP deck showdown

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:22 am

hmm seems to be a work in progress I may lend a hand when I'm done with this whole thing

but I noticed there were some cards with "pending approval" so here is my 2 cents

decressendo is a bit to strong for a generic mugic, maybe just stick with deal 10 and have the Nova version do 15 so the healing and dealing mugic are equal

you do know the lava pond already has in it a thing that gives magmon fire 5, is the idea to move it from the location to the creature? cause that seems pointless.

for melody of the meek I feel you either play DoP or you play early sets and include all the zenith and silent sands cards.

for frafdo and air.. erg...umm... I don't care tbh. it doesn't really seem to make him THAT much better and frankly he's already go what he needs in really good all around stats. it makes his fearocity a touch better and I guess he can go with mipedians now but he doesn't NEED air\

yes fortissimo is OP I say keep it how it is or change it to 10 to all stats and no energy and give a bump to song of  focus up to 15

song of deflection give it a draw back maybe instead of the extra mugic cost... maybe your next attack you play does no damage? or you have to discard a mugic? or you have to remove another mugic from a creature you control? or your opponent gets the mugic back to there hand? or the opponent get the counters back? or you can't play other mugic this turn? or your engaged creature gets some ill effect? or the opposing engaged creature gets some good effect? I could go on for days. the point is something.

here's a shocker. screw surprise on yokkis. since every initiative is a stat bar the falls I say just keep on the crazy support and let how many guys are backing him up decide if he can go first or not.

mudennu seems fine but I'm taking the opportunity to say if you want to go DoP only but want to revamp it you gotta give some boost to the mipdeans and danains I mean you did 

lvb yes please on the loyal, and wisdom buff are you kidding me???? the 75 115 85 wasn't good enough for you??? if you really wanna add some wisdom swap his wisdom and speed or something.

forrest of life makes perfect sense to me plenty of other locations give or take 10 energy for easy to get charaterisics and there's no reason this shouldn't be one of them

castle pillar just realized you are changing the raritys... are you planning on selling these or something? but yeah the unique isn't super nesscary

fear valley obviously rewording is a ok 

crystal cave again with the rarity huh lucky I got some while they were uncommon

and last chaor first off put him back to 3 mugics maxxor gets another elment chaor gets another mugic that's kinda how it is and I say if you wanna make chaor's abitly playable easy fix "negate target overworld mugic or abilty targeting a creature ENGAGED WITH CHAOR" BOOM easy fix call it a wrap have it cost 2 or 3 you decide but for the love of god if you want to punish the overworld punish the mugic they ACTUALLY HAVE not song of stasis and nothing else. or you could... yah know just give him some random abilty like indidate all 5 or just no abilty.

I noticed you changed some of the attacks to match what were used to but I say hold the phone there. this was before any sort of element discipline combo came up. you may find for example that the creatures you end up with don't use the tradtional stat elmenet combos (or maybe they do who knows) random example being the 2 tribe with decent power are danians and underworlders both of whom would rather have a fire earth ash torrent over a fire air one. maybe you'll revamp all of them so the element combos all match up to what were used to but who knows.

overall you have alot of work cut out for you. or... well let me put it this way
    "gee wiz if only we had a version of chaotic with a better tangath toborn, najarin, lord van bloot, frafdo, mudeenu, intress, takinom, one that has melody of the meek, mugic that was all playable, has attacks focused around the element-discipline cores, and had better balance so all the tribes were pretty equal and could all be good. too bad THAT doesn't exist better just make it from scratch."

man I sound like a giant angry whiner in this post... the card game is the one thing I know reeeeeeaaaaally well yah know? It actually could be a pretty cool idea but like I said it will take work. So there's no hard feeling enjoy this silly parrot Glowing Parror P.S. Why is this on here?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:17 pm

LMAO The parrot. That's a really old reference from killua...

I was just jesting about using the dop revision set, and I wasn't expecting this; boy that was a rant XD
    Yeah
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:27 pm

sometimes I just start typing and forget to stop... works well for writing essays not so much for writing posts
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:15 pm

ROUND 2

The epic dawn of perrim battles contiue

On the surface Maxxor's mighty overworld forces fought off against prince mudeenu's best mipedian squad.

battle 1. maxxor vs mudeenu in gloomuck swamp- winner mudeenu
    battle 2. mudeenu vs crawsectus in mipdem oasis -winner prince mudeenu
    battle 3. crawsectus vs barathe in cordac falls - winner crawectus
    battle 4. brathe vs crawectus in runic grove - winner brathe
    battle 5 larina vs prince mudeenu in kiru city- winner larina
    battle 6 barathe vs mommark in fear valley- winner barathe
    battle 7 larina vs barathe in gigantempoplis- winner barathe
    battle 8 barathe vs mommark in mipdem oasis winner barathe
    *note both tiaane's died for there abiltys during the match

Final score 2-0 prince mudeenu

meanwhile down under van bloot was trying to overthrow chaor for like the nth time

battle 1 van bloot vs barath beyond at gothos tower - winner double down
    battle 2 magmon vs rothar at the lava pond - winner rothar
    battle 3 rothar vs barath beyond at gothos tower -winner rothar
    battle 4 barath beyond vs zaur at underworld city -winner barath beyond
    battle 5 barath beyond vs ulmar at gloomuck swamp- winner barath beyond
    battle 6 magmon vs ulmar at underworld city- winner magmon
    battle 7 rothar vs barath beyond at underworld collesium- winner double down
    battle 8 rothar vs chaor at iron pillar winner chaor
    *note 1 barath beyond was brought back with song of revial during the match

final score 3-0 chaor

so as you can see there are 3 imporant things to note.
    1. since ultras tend to be much stronger than others creatures its pivitol to keep them alive as long as possible
    2. outside of battlegear that can give you 10 melody of malady and certian locations there isn't really a way to gain energy only heal
    3. in general creature energy isn't anything crazy for non ultra's

that all colminates in one thing. quick striking burn decks do really well since you can deal a ton of damage all at once before the opponent chance to heal back or attack doing this takes out important creatures can leave decks crippled. both chaors underworld burn and mudeenu's mipedian strike are pretty good at this so they have been doing really well as a result. but what will happen when these 2 decks go head to head? will the mipedians pull out the win? or will it go the underworld find out in the final installment.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:08 pm

this is my 4th post in this topic but there all so long you could probably publish a novel with them.

But folks I finished up the final battle between chaor and prince mudeenu's decks

here's the summary

random selection gives mudeenu  the first attack

barath beyond vs mudeenu @ fear valley winner mudeenu
    barath beyond vs barathe @ underworld collesium winner barath beyond
    mudeenu vs magmon@ runic grove winner mudeenu
    magmon vs mudeenu @ the lava pond winner double down
    barath beyond vs marqui darini@ underworld city winner barath beyond
    barathe vs barath beyond@ mipdem oasis winner barathe
    barathe vs draknus@ fear valley winner barathe
    chaor vs barathe @ underworld collesium winner chaor
    *both tiaanes died to there effects

overall a 1-0 win for chaor and the underworld fires

so I guess chaor's fire deck is the best in DoP or at least the best of decks made by me

here's the winners list if anyone cares

1 2 3
    4 5 

1. Magmon@whepcrack
    2. Barath beyond@ skelatal steed
    3. Barath Beyond@ viledriver
    4. Chaor@ viledriver
    5. Magmon@ whepcrack
    6. Drakness@ nexus fuse

mugic
    2x canon of causalty
    2x song of fury
    1x melody of malady
    1x song of revival

locations
    underworld city 2x
    underworld collesium 2x
    iron pillar 2x
    cordac falls plungepool 2x
    lava pond 2x

attacks
    2x ectopasm
    2x flashwarp
    2x incinerase
    2x ash torrent
    2x inferno gust
    2x ember swarm
    2x steam rage
    2x torrent of flame
    2x flame orb
    2x power pulse

so there you have it the champions of my DoP deck fight
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:40 am

Makes sense. Chaor is still extremely relevant in today's deck and the Underworlder's were fairly consistent from day one. Power and Fire, which Chaor fits better than Van Bloot. SO they had better support, Whepcreck's for example. I'm still annoyed at the fact that the Mipedian's unique Battlegear back then is the Mipedian Cactus.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:48 pm

yeah catus was ok... but steed can give you just as good jumping AND it starts face-up AND it doesn't cost mugic to play, sure you don't get the wisdom boost but if it's jumping you want its gotta be the steed

and with how stupidly easy it is to burn creatures in this set with both UW and mipedian the best decks are really the ones who can still be good after losing 1-2 of there best fighters with really only 1 support creatures in the deck and 5 fighters chaor's team had this down
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:11 pm

The cactus just kind of fell into a slump pretty quickly as Mipedians weren't heavy on the Mugicians to begin with making it generally a one-off item. Only like Tianne and Ubliqun could use it twice and Ubliqun came with that ability.

Yup. Underworlders had good fighters that could kind of work in Support as well. Chaor himself, Klasp was pretty good if I recall correctly, and with both Barath and Magmon coming with Mugicians, high energy, and a FIRE 5 made them pretty deadly.
    I just kind of wished the Attack Decks of the time were more fleshed out for the time. That was one of the reason I shied away from the idea for the Deck-building competition. A lot of the really good attacks came later.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:52 am