Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Eh, Location dump

CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Eh, Location dump Empty Eh, Location dump

Post by CSpacian Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:16 pm

So I was working on creating some card ideas for Chiodosin's idea of a 'pack' and while I wanted to focus on milling out some Creatures I was getting bored designing 'stats' and 'names' so instead have these locations.
    I'll probably add more onto the list as time goes on.
    The reasons for their creation is in convenient Spoilers.

Lodestone Caverns
    Location – Mirage
    Initiative: EARTH
    If the First Attack played is an EARTH Attack, it deals an additional 10 damage.
    Mirage: When a Creature moves into this Mirage Location, return it to the owner's Location Deck. The controller of the creature reveals a new active Location.

Overworld's Mugic Development Academy
    When this card becomes the active Location if either play has no Mugic cards in their hand they may return one Mugic Card in their Discard Pile to their hand.

Underworlder's Warrior Training Facility
    If an Attack played deals 20 or more damage, that player may discard any card in their hand: they draw one additional card.

Danians' Hall of the Dead
    When this card becomes the current Active Location if either player controls only 1 Creature they may select any Creature in their Discard Pile and return it to any open space on the Battleboard.
    Afterwards, all other Creatures in their Discard Piles are removed from play.
    Unique

Mipedian Barracks
    All Creatures lose Swift.
    Mirage: If a Creature moves into this Location's space and it is occupied by a Creature, the controller may target any Creature they control and target Creature may intercept as though it had Defender and was adjacent.
    Wording:

Storm Tunnel, Calmed
    All AIR Attacks count as Speed Attacks.
    All Speed Attacks count as AIR Attacks.
    Copies:

Doors of the Deepmines, Wails of the Defeated
    All non-M'arillian Creatures gain 'Brainwashed: Gain 10 Energy.'

Last edited by CSpacian on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Eh, Location dump Empty Re: Eh, Location dump

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Danians' Hall of the Dead is brutal. I mean cards remove discard piles from play so its not unprecedented. Anti-compost for sure.

Mipedian Barracks
    "Creatures in this space have Defender: All  (may defend any creature you control as if they were adjacent)." Made a new term, but it doesn't break how defender works. you can can just remove Defender: all and keep the effect if you dislike new term creation.

The new Storm Tunnel set is cool!

Why does the new Doors (to or of) the Deepmines give creatures brainwashed? Or in your chaotic universe you have the Marrillians win the war lol
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:42 pm

so... if I stole from these and gave you credit... would you be mad?
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Marrillian wrote:Danians' Hall of the Dead is brutal. I mean cards remove discard piles from play so its not unprecedented. Anti-compost for sure.
    The idea was a generic, double-edged sword-type of revival (So I can revive my Warbeasts and Mipedians!). Basically you either get a free revive, your opponent gets one, or you both get one. The inability to control when it happens was also supposed to benefit that idea.
    The original text was something like: "When this card becomes the active Location all players that control only one Creature removes all, but one Creature in their own Discard Pile from play. They may return one Creature in their Discard Pile to any space on their side of the Battleboard". But I felt it was a bit text heavy so I tried to shorten it, do you think its better if I go back to the original?

Marrillian wrote:
    Mipedian Barracks
    "Creatures in this space have Defender: All  (may defend any creature you control as if they were adjacent)." Made a new term, but it doesn't break how defender works. you can can just remove Defender: all and keep the effect if you dislike new term creation.
    Ah! Sorry, it was supposed to work the other way around, which was why I wanted to clarify via wording. Basically all OTHER Creatures acted like Rarran for the Creature in this Location. So a Creature in this Mirage Location could avoid all combat.
    As to not completely one-up Cryomorph Barricade.

Marrillian wrote:
    The new Storm Tunnel set is cool!
    I thought it was a cool idea.
    Debated its usage for awhile, whether or not it would be a staple or used at all.

Marrillian wrote:
    Why does the new Doors (to or of) the Deepmines give creatures brainwashed? Or in your chaotic universe you have the Marrillians win the war lol
    Oops! Name flub...figures. Not as bad as Barrath I suppose. I'll fix that.
    The idea was to allow you to do something silly like play this card with Khorror/Ixxik and then use Deep Dirge. Kind of a 'Replace all Abilities with Gain 10 Energy' as well as provides a generic boost to Minions if their controller still controls a Chieftain.
    I originally had it on a Chieftain himself, so he could Brainwash even non-Minions, but I wasn't certain if that would break the flavour rules of Chaotic as no other Chieftain was not Loyal.
    As for flavour-wise the open doors converted Creatures into Minions, so I was thinking something like the control was weaker than it was before and as a result the M'arrillians can still control minds.

Chiodosin1 wrote:
    so... if I stole from these and gave you credit... would you be mad?

CSpacian wrote:
    So I was working on creating some card ideas for Chiodosin's idea of a 'pack'
    They were designed for it, so go ahead. Feel free to change names/wording as you like. And that goes for any cards I post. I'll probably just keep doing Dump threads though.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Just realized I can change Danian Hall of the Dead to:
    CSpacian wrote:
    When this card becomes the active Location any player that controls only one Creature may return one Creature in their Discard Pile to any space on the Battleboard. Afterwards, all other Creatures in that Discard Pile are removed from play.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:20 pm

lol I'm blind I'm not doing locations quite yet but they might be next I'll shelve these ideas for now and thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:08 am