Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Malcolm9
Kakashie
braden12345
jessotic
IflarFan
Blitser
Chaotic|Blargers
monkeymania1
Mithrandir
Terabyte
plokjhgfdsa
Zachas
King A-Game Darini
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
19 posters

Don't let this community die!

monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : monkeymania1
    Chaotic Coins : 348
    Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Don't let this community die! - Page 11 Empty Re: Don't let this community die!

Post by monkeymania1 Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:33 pm

I wish i had the money for a gaming laptop....
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:07 pm

My laptop could not handle Chaotic. It could do a short game, but as they got longer and longer and the code it had to remember lengthened, it would drag on and crash. Sometimes I could turn it back on before the game timed out and I could log back in and win...but not usually.
    I'd like a gaming laptop, but I have no clue what I'd use it for. Tongue I don't game. Maybe I'd download Minecraft and WoW...But those cost monies...
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 pm

I just want a gaming laptop because it looks cool Tongue
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Terabyte wrote:My laptop could not handle Chaotic. It could do a short game, but as they got longer and longer and the code it had to remember lengthened, it would drag on and crash. Sometimes I could turn it back on before the game timed out and I could log back in and win...but not usually.
    I'd like a gaming laptop, but I have no clue what I'd use it for. :PI don't game. Maybe I'd download Minecraft and WoW...But those cost monies...
    Evidence of the horrible coding done.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Yeah. It could have been streamlined, definitely. I'm really disappointed with how mismanaged it was. It's too bad. I wonder how it would do starting over. Tech has switched and I don't know if people would be that keen on it since it's not revolutionary anymore. Still, the increase in smart phones opens up the market considerably. As long as they managed to make a strong app to play a game. Although, after thinking about my old comp, I wonder if the average iPhone could handle it. Android could. Android is beast. #Android4Lyfe
    #Hashtag
    #Yolo
    #CRAPple
    #Ihatemyself4this
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:33 am

If it is optimized properly a Mobile app is very possible. I've seen much more 3d intensive games in the appstore.
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:02 pm

#onlyhalfunderstanding
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 pm

I know there are some games with really impressive graphic ability in the app store, but I'm more talking about the continued processing required to check outcomes and recall previous plays. Things like remembering whether or not Rage of A'aune had been played within the past match. And if the match lasted an hour like many did, how well could a smartphone handle that much information. I think an app would have to be reduced to forums and a special 1v1 smart-drome.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:16 am

People watch movies for an hour... And data like Call of Aa'une having been played should be stored server side.
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:20 am

I watch movies for more than an hour XD
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Yea, I'm not the only one.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Splitting Topics.
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 pm

still not getting it....
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:25 pm

What do you mean? I split the topics...
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:06 pm

We are getting a steady flow of new people, so why don't more people post...
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:23 pm

I say nothing because I have nothing to say...
    -Tera
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm a quiet fellow these days.

Not many questions on rules, lore, or other bits of Chaotic for me to answer. P:
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:25 pm

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm liking the general activity around here now. Keep it up guys.
    Zachas
    Zachas
    Rebel

Chaotic Username : Zachary2252
    Chaotic Coins : 245

Post by Zachas Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 am

Imagine if we had our own Battle Dromes here. This place could become the New Chaotic.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:56 am

I know I know... really I'm not at that level yet Frown
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Coding a game isn't easy to do.

If any of us could be making a game for Chaotic I think it's fair to say we would be.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm thinking using CSS3/HTML5 due to the animation properties. Plus I've seen some sweet browser only games. I just have no clue about handling data. This is really out of my current territory if I do try something over winter break. Plus if its done like this, people can play on phones!!!! Much better than my original idea of using flash.
    Of course we could always use something like java... I'm really up to learning something new if anyone else is. Else I get discouraged. I work much better in a team then alone surprisingly to myself.
    Zachas
    Zachas
    Rebel

Chaotic Username : Zachary2252
    Chaotic Coins : 245

Post by Zachas Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:18 pm

You both have done a wonderful job. I'm merely talking out loud, that I am.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:14 am

I would applaud anyone who took the initiative to re-create Chaotic. I'd be all for monetizing that in some way. Like I said, virtual packs and just make Chaotic an online only thing to get it off the ground. Not 100% sure why they didn't do that during the downtime, but whatever I guess. Anyway, we have the brainpower to produce new and balanced cards. All that'd be needed is the programming (Which would be an incredible task. Like I said, HUGE round of applause if you even tried it.) And some mediocre artist to get some card art as a placeholder until we move on. We could do it, but it'd have to start from scratch. Can't use the original cards and the templates would have to change. I'm not exactly sure how much of the rules and regulations could be copied. Still, just an interesting thought to ponder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:36 am