Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

SprayTan's Deck Building Competition

BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

SprayTan's Deck Building Competition Empty SprayTan's Deck Building Competition

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Ever lost a game because you had bad attack pulls? Ever had trouble putting together 20 attacks that all fit into your strategy?
    I have. And that is why I am changing 1 feature of the Chaotic game in this tournament.

RNG(random number generator/randomness) is put into card games for a couple of reasons. It helps override overpowered cards, and overpowered decks. By drawing the right thing at the right time, you can bypass a deck that simply has better statistics over your cards. RNG also makes you have a certain balance in your deck, you have to build around RNG. This comes into play in chaotic, but really shines in a card game called Hearthstone. We'll be talking more about Hearthstone later this week, but in the meantime I would like to mention that in Hearthstone you have to build your deck so that all cards have a certain synergy together. This is so that no matter what you are drawing- you can make combination plays. Waiting for a certain card is the WRONG thing to do, just like it can be in Chaotic.

While these balances can be effective in card games, I wanted to see how Chaotic would play without the randomness of attack cards. This is mainly because there simply isn't enough attacks to fit strictly to the deck you are running. You have to stretch the limits to find cards for a speed deck, etc. which shouldn't happen! To find a way that attacks could be meaningful/reliable in your strategy, I created this:

In your Chaotic deck, you will have 5 attack cards, totaling 10 build points at most. This means you can have 2 5 bp cards, and 3 0 bps, or 5 2 bps, etc. These attack cards are accessible anytime during combat- except after you use them. Once you use an attack card, it will get flipped down for X turns, where X is the number of build points for the card. 0 bp cards will not get flipped down in this way. As far as rule of two goes, I will allow it for now. If something gets submitted that is overpowered because there is two of them, I will talk to you then.
    Attack cards will be in your hand until you first play them. Once you play them, they are on the table for your opponent to see for the rest of the game. Different combats do not reset attack cards. Attacks that are flipped down will remain so until their number of turns is up.
    All other Chaotic rules still apply- this will be 6v6 Advanced Apprentice format(Masters is a bit of extra layering that we may eventually have another tournament for).

It sounds strange now, but once you start theory-crafting you will strike gold with all the new decks that you can build! No longer will attacks be the things you throw into your deck after all-else is finished: they will mean something!

I will be working on a ban list, unfortunately, as decks are submitted.

BAN LIST:
    Gear Grind
    Elemental Oxidation
    Terrantula Tackle

I hope that you all have fun building your decks! Please submit them to me through this thread, or private message. These decks will be going head to head, so its probably better to pm!! Feel free to submit as many decks as you like- just tell me which one you would like to use. Decks must be submitted by Tuesday June 24th.

I hope you all enjoy building these decks with the new twist!

~Blizvatron

Last edited by BlzvSprayTan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

SprayTan's Deck Building Competition Empty Re: SprayTan's Deck Building Competition

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:48 pm

I'd like to add that all can visit this link to see all of the events that will happen over the next two weeks!

https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t421-keepin-it-real
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

SprayTan's Deck Building Competition Empty Re: SprayTan's Deck Building Competition

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Oh dang, I need to get working on this! Love that in your topics, I  get "tanning pills' adverts LOL
    ChromeDragon258
    ChromeDragon258
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Zifer78
    Chaotic Coins : 71
    Location : In the wilds of Perim .Getting torn to shreds by creatures in known as "Younger Siblings."

Post by ChromeDragon258 Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Deck Name: Crazy MipedianStrikers
    creaturs/battlegear:
    Headmaster Ankyja/Drilldozer CR     Iflar/Levitar       Maliph/Drildozer CR
            Owayki/Torweg             Owayki/Torweg
                             Prince Mudeenu COTG/Levitar
    Locations:
     2 Mipedim Oasis
     2 Stormtunel lingering monsoon
     2 Crystal Cave
     2 Sands of the unseen
     2 Broken Edge

Attack (buld value(BV)): (TBV8 )
      Acceleration (bv2)
      Progressive Speed (bv2)
      Primal Smash (bv1)
      Turbulance Funnel (bv3)
      Poison Steam (Bv0)

This is my deck submission.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:30 am