Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Mugic Ability

cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : cromax123456
    Chaotic Coins : 406

Mugic Ability Empty Mugic Ability

Post by cromax123456 Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:26 pm

In the location The Training Grounds, the initiative and an ability rely on Mugic Ability, I just want to know what it is, is it talking about activated abilities with a mugician cost or something else?
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Mugic Ability Empty Re: Mugic Ability

Post by Blitser Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:09 pm

The Training Grounds is a rather poorly worded card. Surprisingly it doesn't even have an errata though.

Initiative goes to the creature with the highest number of printed mugic counters, and the creature which wins combat gains counters equal to its printed number.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:21 pm

why not use the term Mugic Counters rather than Mugic Ability? it would make so much more sense
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:23 pm

Like I said, poorly worded.

It's possible that the card is referring to activated abilities with a cost of mugic counters, but I wouldn't jump to that before counters themselves.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 276

Post by Doublea Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Maybe it means scanned counters? Not by amount of mugic counters on engaged creatures?
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:29 pm

I don't think the problem is that it's poorly worded so much that it's just that the term Mugic Ability wasn't properly defined. If it said Scanned Mugic Counters, it'd likely be easier to comprehend though.

Also, might be an interesting card to be used with Dead Tread and someone with a powerful Mugic ability that could use a recharge after a combat.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:38 pm

It seems quite hard to win 2 combats in one turn, especially for uw creatures with mugic counters since most of them have recklessness or not enough energy
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:40 pm

Astrum Somnus wrote:Initiative goes to the creature with the highest number of printed mugic counters.

Doublea wrote:Maybe it means scanned counters? Not by amount of mugic counters on engaged creatures?

Is that not what I said? Tongue

And yes, it's a very interesting location for all that I've never seen anyone use it. Regaining counters after combat means you can go all out with the abilities of your engaged creature.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 276

Post by Doublea Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:53 pm

haha sorry, I thought you had just said mugic counters. Great minds think a like then!
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:15 am

Mugic Ability is the name for scanned Mugic Counters(I know that it's been said but I want to reaffirm that IS the official name for it). If it stated Mugic Counters instead, then it would be looking for the Mugic Counters at the time rather than the scanned value of Mugic Counters on the side.

It makes sense actually because the creature, by itself, has the ability to use that many mugics.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:02 pm

that would seem to make sense, it'd be nice to have it in the rule book's glossary though
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 pm

BlzvSprayTan wrote:Mugic Ability is the name for scanned Mugic Counters(I know that it's been said but I want to reaffirm that IS the official name for it). If it stated Mugic Counters instead, then it would be looking for the Mugic Counters at the time rather than the scanned value of Mugic Counters on the side.

It makes sense actually because the creature, by itself, has the ability to use that many mugics.

This is why I was saying I think it's more logical to assume scanned mugic counters, even though if taken literally it would refer to activated abilities with a cost of counters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 am