Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
KingMaxxor4
lazerbem
6 posters

Lord Van Bloot's Army

lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Lord Van Bloot's Army Empty Lord Van Bloot's Army

Post by lazerbem Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:19 pm

1. Galmedar with Drilldozer
    2. Lord Van Bloot with Burithean Axe
    3. Galmedar with Burithean Axe
    4. Zamool, Lord Van Bloot's Enforcer with Khybon's Mech Blade
    5. Agitos, Eloquent Motivator with Mipedian Balladeer's Flute
    6. Nivenna with Mipedian Balladeer's Flute

Cadence Clash x2
    Canon of Casualty x2
    Discord of Disarming
    Geo Flourish

Gloomuck Swamp x2
    Gothos Tower x2
    Stone Pillar x2
    The Pits x2
    Underworld City
    Underworld City during Van Bloot's Ascent

Ash Torrent
    Dry Liquid x2
    Earth Pulse x2
    Earthshape
    Ektospasm x2
    Flashwarp x2
    Grounding Grapple
    Marksman's Preparation x2
    Power Pulse x2
    Primal Smash
    Prowl Strike x2
    Psychodrain
    Sunder Ground

A Power and Earth based deck based around my favorite creature and his minions(Agitos and Nivenna aren't stated to be, but for the sake of theme, they are his minions now)
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Lord Van Bloot's Army Empty Re: Lord Van Bloot's Army

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:00 pm

The only person in this group who doesn't really fit into the theme synergy as well is Nivenna, Atrapol is cool as he destroys Battle Gear when he wins a challenge. But the down side to the substitution is that you lose a mage-like char. So I guess you really would be using Nivenna for her counters instead of ability.

I would remove geo flourish. Usually you don't' run heal in a UW deck, it breaks the meta of the burn/damage type. And usually the 15 health won't save you too much in combat. Roar of the Mobcan be a useful card because you can cast it on a mage - forcing your opponent to either use up counters or to denial it.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:17 pm

I thought of Atrapol...but his Power is abysmal for that kind of ability, averaging around 50. I could give him Khybon's Mech Blade, but I feel it is better served on Zamool, who is far more competent than Atrapol. I do like the idea of Roar of the Mob, that could probably work out
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Roar of the mob is a great card.

I happen to disagree with Mril though, I'm a huge fan of Nivenna. She gives you high in-combat damage that does not count as burn and therefore gets around abilities like Cromaxx's. I will say though, that your attack deck doesn't really have enough Earth attacks to run her with efficiency. Either swap her out for another support, or make your attack deck a little more Earth focused.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Any other suggestions then to replace her with?

I would suppose Ulmar in his DOP form would work okay for that. Before you say it, yes, I know Chaor would be the best option, but I would like to preserve the theme of the deck a little.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Ulmar DoP is pretty cool in maybe cases and one of my faves, but Ulmar PR is where it's at nowadays. People look at him as being only 10 damage per turn, emphasis on 10 damage. What they really need to look at is that it's 10 damage per turn. If a deck runs two copies, that's a free Canon of Casualty EVERY TURN. Expend before combat with The Phlogiston active? He gets reloaded once combat begins. He pays for himself after the first turn, trust me.
    Could instead try my buddy Phelphor if you want to absolutely own board movement when you combo him with Agitos EM. Slingshotting creatures on your turn and forcing engagements on the opponent's means you choose exactly who will be fighting who, when you want and where you want. Phelphor might match the theme of the deck better than Ulmar depending how you look at it.

A max power and energy Atrapol (65p 50e) with a Drilldozer and double Agitos EM might be a viable option on offense only... but as you said, his stats that matter are pretty darn sad. A low-ish courage range might also put him at risk against Bloots or The Swartbron.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Oddly enough, Atrapol's Courage is his best stat. Weird.

And I like Phelphor, I didn't think of that. He fits the theme as well.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Just remembered, you could also try H'earring, Tainted for support. Look at the attacks in the opponent's hand at the start of combat, choose which one they get to keep. They had a big attack they were going to use?  Nope. They're trying to save a good one after last combat? Nope. This will also force your opponent to give every combat their all since they can't save their best attacks for the future. Which honestly gives a cruel joy to any UnderWorld player: they pull all their best tricks in a desperate attempt at a win, and you just yank it away from them.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:53 pm

He's good too, but I think Phelphor is better in the end. H'earring has a lovely ability though and I did forget about it, I'll think about using him in others
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Kopond HM is pretty broken for a support. Especially if your mugics are damaged based. But you might have ignored him because of the deck theme?
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:26 pm

Correct, while his bio says he's sinister and sneaky, it also says that he's loyal to Chaor and hates Lord Van Bloot as much as anyone
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:57 pm

I was about to go bashing on the fact Nivenna was in there, but I realized I was assuming it was the LT, I don't know the original one well enough to bash it since Nivenna LT is probably better put into mixed decks. But other than that that was the only thing I almost noticed might be able to be subjected to change like some of the other comments suggest.

Edit: I suppose I might have some input for this also, if this is suppose to be Van Bloot's army, shouldn't like Krekk and Skithia be in it?
    Getrag446
    Getrag446
    Common

Chaotic Username : Getrag446
    Chaotic Coins : 19

Post by Getrag446 Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Those two would definately fit the theme, but they won't do much for the deck. Or any deck for that matter. Maybe throw a Doom Hammer on someone? Castle Rathwaq would be good for this deck too. I use it in two of my power/earth decks and the reduced damage really takes the steam out of opponents. I also sometime uses Leevatar on Galmadar. That gives him a good speed bump to more complament LVB and the extra 5 can add up when you get a hand full of weak attacks. I think your last support creature should be custom tailored to the type of decks that you end up having trouble with. Like if you struggle with attack recycling decks like SCR, then H'earring Tainted all the way. But I'd start out with Phelphor and see how the movement works out. Maybe stick Zammy up front and move a Galmadar in row 2 with a Bronzeflight if decks with range hurt your strategy too bad at first.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:25 pm

Krekk and Skithia were considered, but I unfortunately dropped them. Krekk Phalanx Recon's energy is low and his power is too, so I felt he wasn't all that good. Skithia, oddly enough, has decent power, but her energy is low and I feel that her ability is a little too situational. It's a shame, because I really like them.

Castle Rathwaq is a good idea, I'm adding that. As for the Levitaar, that's probably a good one too.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:43 am

Worth noting: Nivenna wouldn't fit the theme of this deck at all. Nivenna was raised in Fear Valley by Takinom, and served as Barath's lieutenant in the alliance. If anything, she would belong in Chaor's crimson legion over siding with Van Bloot.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 am

I forgot about that, yes. Agitos is like that too, but they are better than Skithia or Krekk
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Yeah, i suppose that makes sense why not to add Skithia and Krekk, you'd have to more than likely waste battlegear just to boost up their weaknesses. If it was me I'd still probably end up putting Skithia Gothos Spy in somehow, but I'd probably end up using a battle gear to boost her energy or end up putting her in a Gigantrooper, which would kinda be beside the point.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:03 pm

I feel that's a bit of a waste of space, unfortunately. I could replace one of the Galmedars, but it wouldn't really be worth it. Ironically, Skithia with a Gigantroper has less power than Skithia without.

I do want to make a deck with Skithia, Krekk, or Atrapol, but all of them are just so...eh. Skithia's energy is always painfully low, Atrapol's power is far too low for what he's meant to do(though he is easier to work with), and Krekk tends to have meh stats

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 am