Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Mattwo
KalebThePro
MasterMisha
LeGladiateur
brunder
Chaotic11
Lowtier4life
Battle95
King A-Game Darini
ShadowWalkerEH
chaorcrew
Lynxx
Michaelnono
Regandpledge
1bigwarriors
koiboi
ElementalDraco218
trackerjacker
Sparten11
bobosmith01
Mero123
hughjk
CladNKaos
KingMaxxor4
brainard52
SUPERBRADEN9
30 posters

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

Regandpledge
    Regandpledge
    Common

Chaotic Username : regandpledge
    Chaotic Coins : 12

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

Post by Regandpledge Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:18 pm

If you guys are going to actually recreate Chaotic, I suggest using Unity or UE4(Unreal Engine 4). Pretty sure they both let you code in C#, so I'd get comfortable with C-based syntax as well.
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : brainard52
    Chaotic Coins : 89

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

Post by brainard52 Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:16 am

1bigwarriors wrote:I currently know C, which isn't very useful for making apps or stuff like that

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The server this web page is being served from is likely LAMP, which stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP. Each one of these programs was created with C (the partial exception being "Linux" as Linux is a collection of software. The kernel is what I'm referring to in this case, but many of the tools available with Linux are C as well).
    Michaelnono
    Michaelnono
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : Michaelnono
    Chaotic Coins : 13

Post by Michaelnono Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:38 pm

Regandpledge wrote:If you guys are going to actually recreate Chaotic, I suggest using Unity or UE4(Unreal Engine 4). Pretty sure they both let you code in C#, so I'd get comfortable with C-based syntax as well.

I dabble in SQL for my internship, if that'd be relevant for what you guys are doing I'd be happy to pitch in.
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hastur
    Chaotic Coins : 38

Post by Lynxx Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:53 am

hmm Kodo looks like it closed no other info on the game rights?
    chaorcrew
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : chaorcrew
    Chaotic Coins : 54

Post by chaorcrew Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:55 pm

My main concern is copyright cause I have a platformer and shooter I want to work on and steam won't allow copyrighted stuff
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:51 am

Not sure who holds rights at this point. Technically it may be 4Licensing Corporation. Their website still lists chaotic under properties.

I wouldn't still be concerned about 4Licensing Corporation since they've filed for bankruptcy: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160922006380/en/4Licensing-Corporation-Files-Chapter-11-Bankruptcy

4Licensing, a publicly traded company, last submitted a filing to the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission on March 21, 2016. 4Licensing noted then that it was being operated by a lone individual from an Oklahoma-based investment management firm that owns 33 percent of the company. All of 4Licensing’s other board members and employees had resigned and the company has “substantial unpaid liabilities.”
    https://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/4licensing-corporation-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-protection/

Lets see how/if they try to come back once again... its non-existent at this point.

I wonder if they will accept a proposal to purchase the rights to chaotic.
    Haha make chaotic public domain ;P
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hastur

Post by Lynxx Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:22 am

That would be an interesting turn of events lol.
    ShadowWalkerEH
    ShadowWalkerEH
    newb

Chaotic Username : ShadowWalker
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? - Page 2 Empty Any progression?

Post by ShadowWalkerEH Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Been wondering if there's been any progression on bringing Chaotic back. I watched Lowteir4life's video and I know that koto studios had owner ship at one point. I know he said a possible 2017 because a device or some said that on the old Web site and in still wondering if that's a possible thing to happen. would love to hear what's going on and what news we have. Thanks.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 pm

The momentum is to far gone. The revival should of happened 2 years or less after its closure to keep it's mass fanbase. To little people remember it or will have interest. Developers will see it as a lost cause too.

No all we have left is this site untill M'arrillian decides to close it.
    Battle95
    Battle95
    Common

Chaotic Username : Battle95
    Chaotic Coins : 30

Post by Battle95 Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:43 pm

An interesting idea, hear me out,
    Why don't we make a new set on Trade Cards Online? I know some of you and me are getting bored with the current rotation of cards. With about 10 guys, with almost infinite Chaotic knowledge we could create some cool cards and a new set of 100 cards. And we can set up that for players opting to play normal chaotic they can, and those that want to play with new cards as well, they can too. I know that it might be a nightmare for afjak, but it might be an interesting idea.
    Lowtier4life
    Lowtier4life
    Common

Chaotic Username : Lowtier4life
    Chaotic Coins : 13

Post by Lowtier4life Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Battle95 wrote:An interesting idea, hear me out,
    Why don't we make a new set on Trade Cards Online? I know some of you and me are getting bored with the current rotation of cards. With about 10 guys, with almost infinite Chaotic knowledge we could create some cool cards and a new set of 100 cards. And we can set up that for players opting to play normal chaotic they can, and those that want to play with new cards as well, they can too. I know that it might be a nightmare for afjak, but it might be an interesting idea.

Thats interesting, heck I'd be down for it. but I dunno.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Alright guys, pack  up its time to go home, I'm hitting the delete forum button Tongue

This post might interest you: https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t720-who-currently-owns-the-copyright-trademark-for-chaotic
    ShadowWalkerEH
    ShadowWalkerEH
    newb

Chaotic Username : ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalkerEH Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:04 pm

Marrillian wrote:Alright guys, pack  up its time to go home, I'm hitting the delete forum button Tongue

This post might interest you: https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t720-who-currently-owns-the-copyright-trademark-for-chaotic

So what I got from that is that the rights and such are kinda up in the air and it's unclear who really has them. Also with the right company, a chaotic revive would be possible. correct me if I'm wrong please.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Battle95 wrote:An interesting idea, hear me out,

https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/f4-create-a-card-forum-art and http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/selectCard/game_id/82/goal/DC use what you'd like. We have official art from fire and stone.

Chaotic11
    Chaotic11
    Common

Chaotic Username : Chaotic11

Post by Chaotic11 Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Chiodosin1 has made more than enough cards to complete a set to my knowledge. Perhaps a few might need tweaking for power purposes. I believe a majority were tweaked upon first post though. Those could easily be uploaded into the system and used. I've considered sending Chiodosin's cards into a pretty good card printer I know online and having them made "official" haha. But I don't play much anymore so I don't really see a point in paying $15-20 to have a fake expansion produced even though some of the new abilities he thought up would be pretty sick in actual play.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm

ShadowWalkerEH wrote:So what I got from that is that the rights and such are kinda up in the air and it's unclear who really has them. Also with the right company, a chaotic revive would be possible. correct me if I'm wrong please.
    By "kinda up in the air", I would say its more like the entity known as 4kids (4licensing) still has the rights legally (to the best of my knowledge), but since they are practically non-existent and are in the process of filing for bankruptcy, it may be possible for them to be bought by another party. (Seeing as money talks). I know that a while back, there was some effort by the previous CEO of chaotic to acquire the rights from 4kids but I never found out if that went anywhere (so I'm assuming it didn't). 

I wouldn't plan on anything happening within this year, but I'll keep an eye on the results of the bankruptcy and see if they spin off the IP to another company.

Lastly, the copyright to the game IP (Intellectual Property) is eventually going to expire in the not so distant future. It may become Public Domain?

There may be some more threads that go more in depth on some of this stuff, because at one point myself and another member had dug pretty deep into the legal state of the game. But you got the gist of it.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:33 am

brunder
    brunder
    newb

Chaotic Username : Brunder

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? - Page 2 Empty Chaotic app by Dracco Company Ltd

Post by brunder Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:03 pm

I found this! play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.dracco.Chaotic

It's a game app, no big thing. Just a slide puzzle game with the Chaor image. The chaotic logo is completely different and it's made by the Dracco company, the original owners of Chaotic. Anyone knows more about this, would it be a sign that Chaotic is really coming back? Big Grin

bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:11 pm

brunder wrote:I found this! play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.dracco.Chaotic

It's a game app, no big thing. Just a slide puzzle game with the Chaor image. The chaotic logo is completely different and it's made by the Dracco company, the original owners of Chaotic. Anyone knows more about this, would it be a sign that Chaotic is really coming back? Big Grin

I-Is this really the same company? It doesn't give me that vibe.

EDIT: It is. Seems to be their toy department/exporter.
    That's-odd. I wonder why it has a different logo. This came out a year ago, too.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't think that app has any affiliation with the Chaotic TCG aside from using Chaor. Dracco isn't the original owners of Chaotic, they just held rights to some of the trademarks. Actually, I don't even know if that statement is correct, I know that 4kids held licensing of Chaotic till the end. It seems though that Gannon has them now.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Thats slide thing pretty cool though!

Draco did have chaotic for awhile.
    brunder
    brunder
    newb

Chaotic Username : Brunder

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? - Page 2 Empty temp split

Post by brunder Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 am

King A-Game Darini wrote:Thats slide thing pretty cool though!

Draco did have chaotic for awhile.

Yeah, I played it a couple times, it's nice to see some chaotic stuff in an app. Hope that this is a good sign for Chaotic's comeback.
    MasterMisha
    MasterMisha
    Common

Chaotic Username : MasterMisha
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by MasterMisha Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:02 pm

I'm a little late on this but, right before things started going downhill, they were getting ready to release a set called "Fire and Stone." Maybe it's still possible to retrieve this set?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? - Page 2 Empty temp split

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 pm

From what I understand of the legal situation, that wouldn't be possible. But who knows, its been 2+ years since I last read court documents about the state of Chaotic. 4kids is finally bankrupt for good.
    LeGladiateur
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Chaotic Username : LeGladiateur
    Chaotic Coins : 137

Post by LeGladiateur Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 pm

I think 4kids actually become a new company under a new name called 4Licensing Corporation.

For my part, I think it is possible for them to continue the current game. Howerver, they would have to release an intro set with the most basic cards or something close so the newcomers can get into the game.

For the new set by the group. I'm not rejecting the idea. In fact I've never really paid attention to what was made by the fans. I personaly prefer to play cards I actually own and that are official. But creating the cards and everything, would that not remove the fluctuation of the stats that is really nice to the game ?

I just though about that. If there really was a new version of the game coming. Do you think they would open back the old Chaoticonline website ? This would help the old players, but it would not be appropriate if they wanna keep selling cards.

So I see 3 options here:
    1- They would have to continue developping a new version and forget the old one
    2- They continue the version we know
    3- They continue the old one and develop a new version, wich would be really good to keep the old players and the newcomers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 pm