Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero

Poll

Deck of the Week

[ 2 ]
    Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero Bar_left50%Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero Bar_left50%Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero Empty Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Was planning something different, but I figured maybe we'll try something more common in terms of a challenge. Something everybody has probably done before. For the Rules of the Teambuilding Competition in general click here: Rules

Now onto the prompt!
    1. The goal this week is to create a deck based around Frafdo the Hero. As seenHere
    2. Frafdo the Hero is a very unique Creature in that he works best when used by himself. As a result I thought it might lead to an interesting challenge to build a deck around a Creature who is supposedly good by himself. The goal this time is to a create a deck based around him.

This is the first prompt made to completely center around one Creature rather than an idea. Let's see how it works.

Last edited by CSpacian on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero Empty Re: Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Definitely the most limiting prompt yet but I think this will do.

The Bird and the B
    A Danian compost deck using the classic mandiblor crowns to turn both Frafdo and Barath beyond into mandiblors. Barath can sac danians to get energy and clear the board while Frafdo waits till the end and plays clean up. Attack deck is power/speed

TCO link if you want to see it yourself: http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/575094

Creatures and gear
    1 2 3
    . 4 5
    . 6

1. Makanaz@ vlaric shard; relic of the past
    2. Barath beyond:Underworld general@ mandiblor crown
    3. Makanaz@ vlaric shard; relic of the past
    4. Ivelaan@ ozlai's wreck
    5. Ivelaan@ vial of liquid thought
    6. Frafdo: the hero@ mandiblor crown

Locations
    Crystal cave 2x
    Storm tunnel: lingering monsoon 2x
    Castle rathwaq 2x
    Brawlers burrow 2x
    Mipedim mirage 2x

Mugic
    song of symetry 2x
    candence clash 2x
    refrain of denal OW/UW 1x
    improvesational melody 1x

Attacks
    veloctitrap 2x
    shriek shock 2x
    flashwarp 2x
    posion sphere 2x
    dry liquid 2x
    synaptic acceleration 2x
    primal smash 1x
    inferno gust 1x
    acceleration 2x
    prowl strike 2x
    alacritous force 2x

King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero Empty Re: Team-Building Competition Week 4: Frafdo the Hero

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:29 pm

1v1 App

Frafdo the hero /Evergreen Tunic

Locations
    Castle Bodrhan x2
    The rest? Don't matter.
    The
    Attacks
    Plasma Arrow x2
    Flying Advantage x2
    Flame breach x2
    Vapor Wipeout x2
    The rest? Don't matter

GG
    Lol jk i'll make a real deck and edit it on to this post.

Early edit Lol I had that same deck made along time ago Chio but it was stelgar VM instead of Frafdo.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:47 pm

interesting but I think frafdo will do better since stelgar needs to stall for time so killing off your own creatures with barath probably isnt ideal
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Ivebaan would be in back and would actually fight. I Used Harmonics to give Barrath Water. I would use inner flood to transfer MC's to Stelgar and I'd have him play meek on himself so it all worked out.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Chiodosin1 wrote:Definitely the most limiting prompt yet but I think this will do.
    I thought about mixing it up and I thought Frafdo might be an interesting Creature to actually build around as it kind of goes in the exact opposite way most of the competitions have been. It is so very, very limiting.
    Do the exact opposite for once you know.
    But that being said I remember why I never did something like this before.
    I was actually going to build a deck strikingly similar to yours. Except I probably would've scrapped an Ivelaan and put a Vidav in it so I can just turn Creatures into Mipedians or Overworlders to fit my needs.

It'll probably return to more open-ended prompts next week as I personally prefer those. Unless other people speak up and say they prefer the 'Build Around Creature X' Prompts.

As for using Stelgar in the deck I could see it working with some small alterations and using Baratth's ability more sparingly.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:07 pm

well sorry I stole your thunder I would have made a deck with OG frafdo if I had the choice lol.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Naw if you thought of it yourself it's still original. I loved using that deck.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 am

Yeah, no problem. I've got two alternate decks running around and I'm trying to decide between them.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:15 am

I'm excited about doing this prompt. Deck building is hard though. 2+ hours on the last prompt :O
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Sacrifical decks can work, actually. Several Mipedians.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:20 pm

@marr
    2+ hours!!!

I guess I take my experience for granted a year of endless deck building has trained me well

@bobo 

Then make one, the more decks the better
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:51 pm

I was deciding between a Frafdo + Bodal's Dagger deck + Nourishing Nocturne and a Xerium Armor version of it. I decided to go with the Xerium Armor side of things as his massive energy behind Xerium Armor is terrifying.

1 2 3
    4 5

1. Frafdo, the Hero w/Xerium Armor
    2. Barrath Beyond w/Bronzeflight
    3. Zapetur w/Bi-MowerCycle
    4. Uholdan w/Ozlai's Wreck
    5. Tianne w/Lightning Canister
    6. Uholdan w/ Mipedian Baladeer's Flute

Mugic:
    2x Nourishing Nocturne
    Cadence Clash
    Tune of Xerium
    Strain of Tide
    Strain of Ash

Locations:
    Raoppa Sahkk Chimegrid
    AZAIA Mind-Scrying Chamber
    Bodal's Arsenal
    Crystal Cave
    2x Vidav's Refectorium
    2x Royal Mipedian Academy of Melee Arts
    2x Gigantempolis, Chamber of Orakylon

Attacks:
    0 BP:
    2x Velocitrap
    2x Quick Exit
    2x Flashwarp
    Ektospasm
    1 BP:
    2x Poison Sphere
    2xPiercing Brilliance
    2x Dry Liquid
    Primal Smash
    2BP:
    2x Instantaneous Inspiration
    2x Alacritious Force
    2x Smart Smack

Everything is built for Frafdo battles as he can take ~5 hits with max Energy as long as he's in his fancy armor. Tianne should be tried to be kept around for as long as possible just in case your opponent uses Battlegear destruction cards you can return Xerium Armor with Tune of Xerium.
    Sac Zapetur for his own effect whenever just a bit of extra Battlegear destruction. The rest of the Creatures should either be used for Nourishing Nocturne or Barrath Beyond's own effect. Don't be worried if Barrath goes down too quickly as with Nourishing Nocturne and sacrifice abilities you should have enough breathing room to sacrifice all Creatures away anyways.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Chiodosin1 wrote:@marr
    2+ hours!!!

I guess I take my experience for granted a year of endless deck building has trained me well
    I blame the lack of the collection section of the site. I can't remember names, and filters are pretty weak haha.

Was planning on having a deck tonight, but got distracted. Tomorrow hopefully!
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:21 am

Last day today. I'll give the other people a few more hours and put up the poll later on today (I'll aim for about 8 at night so 9 more hours).
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Okay, so that's it. I was waiting a bit longer to see if any other people wanted to cast a vote, but it seems not so the votes are:
    2 for Chiodosin1
    1 for CSpacian
    Chiodosin1 wins again!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:49 pm