Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival!

Poll

Who Designed the Best Deck

[ 4 ]
    Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Bar_left57%Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Bar_right [57%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Bar_left14%Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Bar_left0%Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Bar_left14%Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 7
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Empty Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival!

Post by CSpacian Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:16 am

So this is the first week of the Army Building Competition! I hope everyone is ready to flex their creative muscles!
    For the Rules of the Reambuilding Competition in general click here: Rules
    I currently have six prompts saved up (Now five), but more and more of them would be appreciated, just message me or possibly create your own thread if you want community feedback. DO NOT REPLY to this one.
    Only army builds, not prompts go into this thread. Feel free to converse about each individual army build if there is an error present in somebody else's build please point it out. If you think the army can be improved with a small change please say so. This is not only here to create interesting armies, but to spark interesting discussions.
    This is the first week of the Team Building Challenge. If there are any improvements that you think can be made please say so. Post it here or PM me.

Now onto the prompt!
    1. The goal this week is to use a very rare ability known as Revival. It is to tie into the Creature of the Week, which is Nunk'Worn.
    2. A deck must optimally be capable of reviving Creatures (the same one or different ones) ~2 times.
    3. Please note the idea is not to revive a weak Creature as many times as you can. Reviving Yokkis 50 times is no way near as helpful as reviving a Blazvatan just once. So revive useful Creatures!
    4. There is no limits on Rarity. So a deck of six Ultra Rares while a bit cheap in my mind, is still allowed.
    5. There is no tournament tied into Army Building Competition so Counter-Teaming is useless!
    6. All decks are to be submitted here OR you can submit a link to another thread on this forum.
    7. You have one week! So up until September 19th 2015 to create a deck and submit it for it to be allowed in the competition. Its a stiff dead line, but it may be changed for future challenges! If you are late you are still welcome to add it to the thread, but it will not be capable of being voted for. People may still give you useful tips, tricks, and improvements. And it will just help to create a massive backlog of capable decks.
    8. Duplicate ideas are allowed. If two or three people build decks centered around Ulmar's Projector all will be accepted.
    9. READ OTHER BUILDS before posting yours. If you post what looks to be an exact copy and paste of another person's deck with only one or two changes it will be looked down upon by the community.

Now because Revival is a bit rare in Chaotic (outside of Danians) here are some useful cards that'll get you started.
    Castle Mommark
    Ulmar's Projector
    Mivindal
    Mount Pillar Reservoir, Neth'Uar's Foothold
    Nunk'Worn
    Mommark Clone Master (? I don't know if this guy has any stats released. If he does, feel free to use him, if not...then he's banned)

Last edited by CSpacian on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Empty Re: Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival!

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:02 pm

call this one... "As an old friend" (HP reference)

layout looks like this
      2 3
     4 5 6

creatures and gear are

1.Najarin, younger@mipedian balladeers flute
    2. Tangeth Toborn, overworld general@ von bloots sickle
    3. Jorre, the mipedian lieutenant @ weigthless energy vessle
    4. Nunk'worm @ heptadds crown
    5. Kepian, the danian lieutenant @ xerium armor
    6. Lord Von Bloot, servan of Aa'une@ von boots sickle

Mugic is

song of revival (underworld) 1x
    refrain of denial 1x
    tune of xerium 1x
    intertwined melody 1x
    intimidating melody of marr 2x

locations are
    underworld city, durning von bloot's acent 2x
    gorram's briefing 2x
    glacier plains, marrilain melting camp 2x
    rao'pa sahkk, condensation ceremony 2x
    castle bodrahn 2x

attacks are
    rip tide 2x
    daunting bravery 2x
    burning rain 2x
    flood force 2x
    primal smash 1x
    rustoxic 2x
    fear projection 1x
    inner flood 2x
    fluid flame 2x
    supercooled rain 1x
    deadwater devastation 1x
    markman's preperation 2x

Basic strat is uses song of revial+najarin younger to bring back von bloot over and over for maximum annoyance

he is the TCO link if you want to get a better look @ the cards
    http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/666481
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival! Empty Re: Team Building Competition Week 1: Revival!

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:51 pm

I like winning I guess but I would rather lose to another person than beat no one, just saying... I know we have revival decks out there somewhere

if you need ideas look at the danians they have the most revival cards at there disposal.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:07 pm

People still have a couple of days left and they may just flood it on Saturday.

I've got one coming. I'm still working out the kinks though as it suffers from some small problems. If you've got suggestions go ahead and make them.

I wanted to build around Ulmar's Projector and Mipedians as I figured nobody would pick Ulmar's Projector, but the Mipedians are really hard to build around in such a weird way. They don't have anything that screams Revival, aside from a couple of Warbeasts. And Revival tends to need Mugicians...so its been an uphill battle.

Here's a quick rough draft that I've crafted. Still missing some cards though.

1 2 3
    4 5

1. Ixxik w/Ulmar's Projector
    2. Gintianni w/ Warbeast's Power Leash
    3. Zhade, Dig Site Defender w/Citadel Fragments
    4. Zhade, Dig Site Defender w/Bronzeflight
    5. Prince Mudeenu, Champion of the Guards w/Destructazooka
    6. Xelfe w/Mipedian's Balladeer's Flute

Mugic:
    Tune of Xerium
    Armament Adagio
    Void Dirge
    Strain of Expensive Delusions
    2x Trills of Dimmunition

Locations:
    2x Raoppa Sahkk, The Ocean With No Water
    2x Hunter's Perimeter
    Bodal's Arsenal
    Castle Mommark
    2x Storm Tunnels
    Mipedim Mirage
    Broken Edge

Attacks:
    0BP:
    2x Velocity
    Hurlicane
    SunderGround
    Poison Steam
    Petrifying Power
    1 BP:
    2x Funnel Blast
    2x Vine Snare
    2x SandStrike
    2x Radical Ice Balls
    2x Marksman Preparation
    2BP:
    2xSlow Sand
    3BP:
    2xCyclone Slam

The idea behind this deck is to use Ixxik and Gintianni to destroy most of your opponent's Creatures. Get Ixxik's Battlegear face-up, max Energy Ixxik doesn't mind the -10. He still has one of the highest Energy in the game. From there on use Armament Adagio to swap Ulmar's Projector onto Gintianni if he is about to die or keep it on Ixxik if Ixxik is close to death. Use Tune of Xerium when somebody is about to die to return Ulmar's Projector. With this your opponent may be facing down Gintianni or Ixxik ~3 times before they finally die.
    Then there's also Bodal's Arsenal and Castle Mommark, Bodal's Arsenal can bring back Ulmar's Projector and give them both another lease on life. Or Castle Mommark can as well. Void Dirge is in this Deck to get rid of troublesome Creatures and Battlegears in your opponent's Discard Pile that you don't want to come back due to Bodal's Arsenal or Castle Mommark.
    Prince Mudeenu is here because a Gintianni that'll always attack first is frightening.
    The Attack Deck is built around AIR and EARTH attacks to specifically aid Gintianni in his conquest of the opponent's board while still turning Ixxik into a deadly monster, same with the other Creatures in this deck.
    Prioritize which Creatures and which Battlegears you'll be sacrificing based on your opponent's deck layout.
    Trying to be creative and use revival in an odd way turned out to be a bad idea.

Last edited by CSpacian on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:22 pm

a thing to look at is armament alteration athem its a bit costly @ 2 but it lets you bring back the projector even more times AND destroy an opponents battlegear, just a thought
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Yeah, I'm having a huge problem as Mipedians aren't known for their Mugicians. Especially since I'm building around two without any (and then cause I have no good sense I added a third). There aren't too many capable Mipedians that are good at fighting and have decent Mugicians. Hence the two Zhades.
    This team actually barely has 6, I'm sadly going to be hoping on using Raoppa Sahkk to make up a couple extra.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:58 pm

yeah I saw that just figured I'd throw something out there AAA isn't seen a lot so I didn't know if you considered it or not
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:59 pm

I actually came across it while looking for cards for this. I have never heard of it before and its honestly probably because Mipedians lack Mugicians to get it off. I've always preferred Mirage Heavy Decks so Strain of Expensive Delusions was always my go-to Battlegear Destruction decks.

I also thought of a gimmicky Mivindal + Crown of Aa'une deck, but the only Creature I could think that would make reviving it worth it was Lord Van Bloot in which case there were probably better methods like yours.
    1bigwarriors
    1bigwarriors
    Common

Chaotic Username : somedude
    Chaotic Coins : 18

Post by 1bigwarriors Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:47 pm

Creatures

1. Ettala Mind Controlled Brute/Drilldozer
    2. Simalin/Ulmar's projection unit
    4. Rellim Water Master/Evergreen Tunic
    5. Nunk'worn/Heptadd's Crown
    6. Bodal Flame Drill Researcher/Weightless energy vessel

Location deck

2 x Bodal's Arsenal
    2 x Kiru City
    2 x Rock River Canyon
    2 x Royal Mipedian Academy of Melee Arts
    2 x The Hunter's Perimeter

Attack Deck

2 x Burning Rain
    2 x Deluge of Doom
    2 x Earth Pulse AU
    2 x Earthshape
    2 x Flood Force
    2 x Inner Flood
    1 x Landgore
    2 x Marksman's Preparation
    1 x Primal Smash
    1 x Rip Tide
    2 x Rustoxic
    1 x Supercooled Rain

Mugic

2 x Chromatic Postlude
    2 x Fanfare of Elemental Champions
    2 x Tonal Destruction

The purpose of this deck is to return Simalin and Nunk'worn as many times as possible. You use Bodal FDR to return the projection unit as many times as you can by giving him earth power and using Bodal's arsenal to return it without using mugic and then I added X costing mugic so that you can guaranteed get Nunk'worn to 3 MC's at least 3 times and if you are lucky even more.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:53 pm

I liked the concept behind this so I decided to make it. It's also incomplete decision wise.

1.LVB,SOA /drill dozer
    2.Zamool/LVBE/ulmars projection
    3.Taffial drill dozer or Tartarek,po same deal
    4.Tarin/flute
    5.Mipedian or Overworld general with a loadstone
    6.Najarin,ff (can be replaced possibly) with a flute

Taffial for OG and Tartarek for MG

Mugic
    Song of revival.
    Refrain of denial danian
    Trills,melody of mirage,song of shelter or strain of the tide (depends on the general)
    Refrain of denial (overworld)
    Fighters fanfare or a second refrain of denial overworld depends on the use of Taffial or Tartarek
    Refrain of denial (underworld)

Locations to many good earth ones to decide.

Attacks
    If using Taffial try and add as many doubles as possible if not then just go with what suits best.

It may not look like much but 3 or 4 denial is strat ruining a najarin ff and a Zamool are game ruining strategy wise. Tartarek and najarin almost gaurentee a win against marils same with the miped general who goes with Tartarek. Tarin is just there to give an extra boost to everyone from lack of Healing,to give that extra denial and give naj an extra mc. Make sure every creature has max e because every bit counts. Taffial amd Tarin can still fight if needed but you get the idea LVB amd his enforcer are the forfront.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Okay, tomorrow is the last day to submit something and a new prompt will go up.

1bigwarriors: I'm a bit concerned about the lack of ways to bring Heptadd's Crown. And then you have two Mugics that can't be played after it goes down. You'll be stuck waiting to get Bodal's Arsenal to get it back. On top of that I think you can do better than Ettala, Water/Earth are fairly popular Elements it seems like you could get one that's better. Either Tangath Toborn, In-Training would provide you with Mugicians and Overworld General would give you Defender to protect Rellim.
    I'm assuming Hunter' Perimeter is to cycle through your Location Deck quicker, but without Mipedians to get Surprise or for the Invisibility, I'm not sure how well it works.

King-A-Game-Darini: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like you should swap Zamool's and Lord Van Bloot's battlegear. As it currently stands Zamool has a way to revive himself, but if Lord Van Bloot dies Song of Revival becomes worthless cause you have no Creatures left to play it. Swapping the Battlegear means if Zamool gets attacked you revive him with Song of Revival if Van Bloot gets attacked you revive him with Ulmar's Projector.
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Because i'm lazy i'm going to just post the deck link
    Basic idea Na-innas feed Ramhavir every turn, flux baubles and illusion glissandos makes sure that there always battling Neekwin with the 4 mirages.

http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/649164
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Yeah I suppose you can do that too.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Okay! Voting Period is now going!
    Vote is open all the time until...let's do until Wednesdays when the Creature of the Week is up.
    Here all the people who submitted decks.
    Chiodosin1
    CSpacian
    1BigWarriors
    King A-Game Darini
    Ketac123

Remember when voting! Do something like this:
    Vote: King A-Game Darni
    Where I can find it quickly when tallying votes.

If you still want to submit a deck, feel free to, but it cannot be submitted for the competition. It'll still be nice to see creativity flourish.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Vote:King A-Game Darini
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:20 pm

let me enlighten you on how to add a poll to this post it will make your life even easier I should think. Simply go to your first post in the topic and click edit. then just above the text box it should say add poll. the rest if fairly self explanatory. also are we allowed to vote for are own decks? obviously darini already has cause his is the best... but in most contests you usually wouldn't. Your calling the shots though so that's all that matters.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:02 pm

I even knew how to add polls as I did it before. Don't know why I didn't think of it here. Probably cause I was borrowing the format of a Pokemon's Team-building competition, which didn't have polls. Okay, the poll has been added!

Allowing people to vote for themselves gives them an incentive to vote. I didn't know how many people would just not vote after submitting a deck. Plus sometimes your deck really is just the best one. I may base it on the turnout for this one.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Well, with the voting now cast I'll read the results and make it final.
    Chiodosin1 wins with 4 votes!
    CSpacian, King A-Game Darini, and Ketac123 all come in second place with a three way tie of 1 vote a piece.

This is the first official week done!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:00 pm