Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
King A-Game Darini
Lowtier4life
SuperMage
Ursis
KhaoticKenno
crazyRage
LeGladiateur
Kakashie101
Michaelnono
ultraace1022
nostalgia-go
Killua34341
Klaus Vander
Chiodosin1
CSpacian
Strider
bobosmith01
Overworld Rider
Max20102
Sparten11
seeker1231
MasterMisha
Chaotic|Blargers
KingMaxxor4
BlzvSprayTan
29 posters

Will Chaotic Ever Come Back?

Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Max20102
    Chaotic Coins : 706

Will Chaotic Ever Come Back? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Chaotic Ever Come Back?

Post by Max20102 Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:16 am

wow people are still alive here Blink
    KhaoticKenno
    KhaoticKenno
    Common

Chaotic Username : KhaoticKenno
    Chaotic Coins : 35

Post by KhaoticKenno Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 am

Yeah, activity on the discord seems booming, especially compared to when I first joined.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 am

Discord's really where its at
    Ursis
    Ursis
    newb

Chaotic Username : KingCromaxx5
    Chaotic Coins : 1

Post by Ursis Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:13 pm

As hard as it is to say, it's unlikely that Chaotic will make any sort of return in the near future. I love the game as much as the next guy, but with the way things are going, I can't see much of a chance for the game to make a resurgence.

It's probable that years and years from now a new company will pick up the IP, but even then that chance is pretty slim. And even if the rumors about a Chaotic remake are true, the product that we'd get probably wouldn't resemble the Chaotic we know at all.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
    Chaotic Coins : 92

Post by Mattwo Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Mr Squiggles wrote:And even if the rumors about a Chaotic remake are true, the product that we'd get probably wouldn't resemble the Chaotic we know at all.

That's probably not true. This is the first time any incarnation of Chaotic gained such popularity. They'd have to be pretty stupid to drastically change it again.
    Kakashie101
    Kakashie101
    Common

Chaotic Username : Copy Ninja
    Chaotic Coins : 46

Post by Kakashie101 Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:20 pm

What the heck is discord
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Its a better skype specifically made for gamers. https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t1264-new-discord-chaotic-community
    SuperMage
    SuperMage
    newb

Chaotic Username : Pyronized
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Post by SuperMage Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 am

I don't know is there, anyone, anymore active, but I would like to get in contact with Chaotic company and their owners to buy this company and prooving it and work on it and put much better server than it was in this game. I was playing much, much, muuuch before until I stopped and realised chaotic is shutted down. Nice 3 years. So, I would be gratefull, somebody give me more information about Chaotic owners and help me to contact somebody about this game and bring it back. I am really serious and I wanna do it. I contacted 4kids since they are owners of copyrights, etc. I need MUCH MORE INFORMATION of owners who exist to get in contact. I am ready to spend a lot of money to improve it and turn it back on TV!
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:26 am

Brian Gannon is on Linkedin ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/bryancgannon/ ) but I already tried contacting him to ask him about Chaotic and he didn't respond. I imagine that unless you're an established business owner, he won't even consider responding to you.
    SuperMage
    SuperMage
    newb

Chaotic Username : Pyronized
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Will Chaotic Ever Come Back? - Page 3 Empty split

Post by SuperMage Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Thank you for your information, but I am literally ready to invest money in TV show, new expansions, cards, creatures, everything. Even some kind of game to bring Chaotic back. This must come back alive.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Lowtier4life
    Lowtier4life
    Common

Chaotic Username : Lowtier4life
    Chaotic Coins : 13

Post by Lowtier4life Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:08 pm

I know this is an old post and that most of y'all have heard but, Chaotic is indeed coming back
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:41 am

I heard it from Negative Legend, frankly I'm not holding my breath, I'll believe it will happen for real this time when it happens but that's just me. Seems like everyone else can handle disappointment easier than me.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Mattwo wrote:I heard it from Negative Legend, frankly I'm not holding my breath, I'll believe it will happen for real this time when it happens but that's just me. Seems like everyone else can handle disappointment easier than me.

I talked to Gannon for hours in person about it. Its legit.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:59 pm

King A-Game Darini wrote:
    Mattwo wrote:I heard it from Negative Legend, frankly I'm not holding my breath, I'll believe it will happen for real this time when it happens but that's just me. Seems like everyone else can handle disappointment easier than me.

I talked to Gannon for hours in person about it. Its legit.

That's not what I meant. We've already been lied to about the game dying and mislead to think another studio was picking it up, something could go wrong and I do not want to get my hopes up about it at this point after the disappointment we've already faced regarding this franchise.
    OneMajorPain
    OneMajorPain
    Common

Chaotic Username : 1MajorPain
    Chaotic Coins : 36

Post by OneMajorPain Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Mattwo: it's ok if you don't want to hold your breath. It was a huge let down when we lost Chaotic.
    OneMajorPain
    OneMajorPain
    Common

Post by OneMajorPain Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Since Bryan C. Gannon says they are bringing Chaotic back...doggone it, IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! I for one am eager. I have every card (or duplicates) from the original launch and my son is really getting good at playing the game with me. He has taken me to town with one of his decks! Whistle
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 am

OneMajorPain wrote:Mattwo: it's ok if you don't want to hold your breath.  It was a huge let down when we lost Chaotic.

I think you have that metaphor backwards but probably best to not hold it literally too considering we've gone back to painful silence.

I've already been putting up with enough of that lately with the person who took over an unrelated fangame project I'm supposed to have a character in...

The person who started the fangame project had a very look before you leap attitude (he even planned a Kickstarter before even having a proof of concept, which I think is a violation of a Kickstarter user agreement but we talked him out of it anyway) so I had little faith in said project to begin with but this new lack of transparency is far worse than that.
    OneMajorPain
    OneMajorPain
    Common

Post by OneMajorPain Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:30 am

Mattwo wrote:
    OneMajorPain wrote:Mattwo: it's ok if you don't want to hold your breath.  It was a huge let down when we lost Chaotic.

I think you have that metaphor backwards but probably best to not hold it literally too considering we've gone back to painful silence.

I've already been putting up with enough of that lately with the person who took over an unrelated fangame project I'm supposed to have a character in...

The person who started the fangame project had a very look before you leap attitude (he even planned a Kickstarter before even having a proof of concept, which I think is a violation of a Kickstarter user agreement but we talked him out of it anyway) so I had little faith in said project to begin with but this new lack of transparency is far worse than that.

I hope you see some reasonable activity or that some reliable people get on that project.
    In the meantime, I believe that we can take Gannon at his word that things are moving forward. I looked for articles about the business transactions that have happened. It looks really positive. Content
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:19 pm

OneMajorPain wrote:I hope you see some reasonable activity or that some reliable people get on that project.

Sadly getting more reliable people is entirely beyond my control and if it were possible it would likely have happened by now. There is literally one person working on it because they didn't have the money to hire programmers and no one was dumb enough to go with the idea of potentially getting paid later (and really I don't blame them, none of us who have our characters involved in the project expected much of it, which is part of the reason why the first owner gave up on it (though the straw that broke the camel's back is that the game was meant to be a love letter to the brony fandom and he was a fan of ToonKriticY2K, who was discovered and confirmed to be a self-admitted pedophile who ran off to the furry fandom under a different alias)) and no one was willing to do it for free.

Back on topic though, I do have some hope that things will work this time but even if it does there's still a LOT of questions that have to be answered when the answers can be properly set in stone (which I feel it's simply too soon for as plans are always prone to change before they're finalized and even then things can change shortly before and after launch) that just make me even more hesitant to get my hopes up.

I suppose the biggest question is though "Can it survive in an age where digital card games have become commonplace?"
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hastur
    Chaotic Coins : 38

Post by Lynxx Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:17 am

Any news?
    OneMajorPain
    OneMajorPain
    Common

Post by OneMajorPain Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:11 am

Most news (if any) can be found over on Dischord. Click on it on the home page to join. LOTS of people are on there.

There is no news yet as to the relaunch, other than they are working on a lot of details so what happened before will hopefully not happen again. The relaunch will be announced on Dischord when it happens. Cool
    Everfree
    Everfree
    Common

Chaotic Username : Everfree1992
    Chaotic Coins : 14

Post by Everfree Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:12 pm

I hope that Chaotic will be announced at a big event like GenCon 2020.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:44 am

Everfree wrote:I hope that Chaotic will be announced at a big event like GenCon 2020.

I'm confused as to why you thought GenCon was even going to happen...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm