Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
KhaoticKenno
Ursis of the Frozen
chaorcrew
Hilgodestroyer
TianneTheMuge
Chiodosin1
CSpacian
bobosmith01
Vee
13 posters

How would you reboot Chaotic?

Vee
    Vee
    Common

Chaotic Username : KopondsHair
    Chaotic Coins : 60

How would you reboot Chaotic? Empty How would you reboot Chaotic?

Post by Vee Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:22 pm

I've thought up my own Chaotic reboot before. It goes back to the Now or Never idea, only with the current iteration of Perim (Chaotic doesn't exist here). Basically two teenagers gain access to Perim and explore the world, learning of each place and leader and yadayada. They meet friends, pick a side on tribes, but soon realize each one has their bads and goods like Tom did. They learn of the three secondary tribes (Deep Ones, Frozen, Spiritlanders), maybe meet a third human in Perim, fear someone's onto their secret, and some other mini adventures. A Cothica plot would be the big finale.

For the main creatures, I wouldn't go by rank as these humans probably wouldn't get close to guys like Maxxor (plus the lack of scanners). Maybe Tangath or Odu though.

Last edited by It's Vee on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:25 am; edited 3 times in total
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

How would you reboot Chaotic? Empty Re: How would you reboot Chaotic?

Post by bobosmith01 Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:29 am

Chaotic as the location was there to help promote the game.
    I love Chaotic, so I dunno.
    I like the idea, but we could do a human-less part, and instead focus on many different characters, getting different perspectives, leading to the climax.
    Honestly, though, who knows?
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:55 pm

I'd probably get rid of humans as a whole. I never found them anywhere nearly as interesting as the rest of Perim. No offense, but I found the humans in general and their petty stuff tended to just get in the way of the lore, the world-building, and the like. Maybe if the story managed to focus more on the Creatures I'd be interested.
    If I was writing it I'd probably write it as a continuation the four tribes had just come off of a massive war, they are busy rebuilding things and relations are strained. I'd rather the lore and world-building to the humans playing the game.
    Vee
    Vee
    Common

Post by Vee Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:25 pm

CSpacian wrote:No offense, but I found the humans in general and their petty stuff tended to just get in the way

That's the one thing I never liked about Chaotic players. They could be so rude or annoying, and their little battles over which tribe is better was just... weird to me. They treated it like such a game in a non-serious manner that it rubbed me the wrong way.

I get where the creatures-only people are coming from. I'm just that type of person who likes seeing humans interact with creatures and monsters and such. I think another reason why shows like Chaotic even include a human is for someone for the audience to relate to (yes, I still remember Chaotic was made to promote the game). That, and kids shows.

Speaking of Now or Never, Tom and Kaz's, well, everybody's old looks, were so... meh. Old Kaz looked like a bad DeviantART OC.

Last edited by It's Vee on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:02 am

well humans aren't necessarily a deal breaker as a contrast to the alien world of perim plus we are kinda narcissistic so we need the attention Tongue . But the biggest thing that hurts the show is that it is a kids cartoon which also isn't always bad but it has its moments. I personally groaned when most things with Crystella and Clay happened. I mean theirs a ton of potentially hostile creatures in a crazy alien world. Do we really need the cliche bullies? But overall for a chaotic reboot I think since the fanbase is all older, a show built towards an older demographic would be a good choice.
    TianneTheMuge
    TianneTheMuge
    Common

Chaotic Username : Tianne
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by TianneTheMuge Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Last edited by Marrillian on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Post replaced by link to topic)
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:22 pm

I will reply to this later. On mobile.
    TianneTheMuge
    TianneTheMuge
    Common

Chaotic Username : Tianne
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by TianneTheMuge Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:51 pm

I made my own topic about my comment on this so if you want you can reply there.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:49 pm

hidingunderblankets wrote:They could be so rude or annoying, and their little battles over which tribe is better was just... weird to me. They treated it like such a game in a non-serious manner that it rubbed me the wrong way.
    To be fair, a lot of people battle over which 'tribes' are better even in a real world scenario. Hell, the number of people who have an insane loyalty to the USA can account for that. I don't see why they wouldn't pick a side and stick up for it in such silly squabbles. And people are rude and annoying.
    I know, I'm a ball of sunshine, but not everybody is me.

hidingunderblankets wrote:
    Speaking of Now or Never, Tom and Kaz's, well, everybody's old looks, were so... meh. Old Kaz looked like a bad DeviantART OC.
    Now I wouldn't say that...but I'll definitely agree with it. It was probably just some attempt to grab views who would traditionally watch Yu-Gi-Oh or Cardfight! Vanguard is something nowadays, right? Weird hairstyles everywhere in those.

Chiodosin1 wrote:
    well humans aren't necessarily a deal breaker as a contrast to the alien world of perim plus we are kinda narcissistic so we need the attention Tongue . But the biggest thing that hurts the show is that it is a kids cartoon which also isn't always bad but it has its moments. I personally groaned when most things with Crystella and Clay happened. I mean theirs a ton of potentially hostile creatures in a crazy alien world. Do we really need the cliche bullies? But overall for a chaotic reboot I think since the fanbase is all older, a show built towards an older demographic would be a good choice.
    Yeah, I mean humans aren't deal-breakers. I don't even fully mind the whole cliche bullies or kid show attitude...it was more like the interaction with other humans was just boring. The Chaotic universe is so wild, fun, interesting! Iparu's Forest! Hunter's Perimeter! Gothos Tower! All interesting locations with tons of lore behind them for the card game, but in the TV show...things tended to always be about the humans and their pathetic squabbling rather than about the wild, fun, interesting universe.

...I'm, uh, going on too much about this, huh?
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:04 am

I might try it one of two ways for the show.

1. Continue where the story left off.
    2. Do something similar to what they did with that Soul Eater story. The No Soul Eater or whatever it was called. Get a few different characters that go into their own story, then they can meet Tom and Peyton and etc. But it won't be about Tom and Kaz anymore. A fresh start, characters that have new favorite creatures to use. Maybe a female that likes using Takinom or Intress.

Then for the real world stuff, get the sets that were suppose to come out. I would try to keep the card design the same. If that would infringe on some kind of copyright or licensing. I would try to change it up, so it wasn't so different from the newest edition. Maybe bring things back from Now or Never.

I also, like many many others. See the potention Chaotic has. It not only is a card game, but it could be turned into a fps, a moba, a mmo, a rts. It has the potentional for everything. We even used to play mafia games with Chaotic, which I honestly think we could make a Town of Salem version of Chaotic. They tried to make a game...but they weren't getting the whole aspect of what they needed. We can definitely create something worth while. I know I have many ideas for it if I was ever going to have to think of something up.
    chaorcrew
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : chaorcrew
    Chaotic Coins : 54

Post by chaorcrew Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:55 pm

I think chaotic would be best as an anthology (I think that's the right word) where every story is about the struggles ofdifferent creatures sometimes it would be players but that would just be to see who would win in a fight without killing characters
    Ursis of the Frozen
    Ursis of the Frozen
    Common

Chaotic Username : Ursis of the
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by Ursis of the Frozen Thu May 11, 2017 5:55 am

Id make it more like the magic story were players arn t in it at all
    KhaoticKenno
    KhaoticKenno
    Common

Chaotic Username : KhaoticKenno
    Chaotic Coins : 35

Post by KhaoticKenno Thu May 11, 2017 7:21 am

I would like to reboot but with a refined Shadow Warriors concept, where humans can actually hologram a creature to fight dangerous creature. The story wouldn't be as intense because there wouldn't be a life or death feeling when scanning but it's not like the holograms are invincible. I'd also remove it being so kid friendly, don't get me wrong it should be available for children as well I just think that deaths should be a bit more expanded on.
    Cejay
    Cejay
    Common

Chaotic Username : Cejay
    Chaotic Coins : 14

Post by Cejay Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 am

Kaz, Klay and Sam Shady are the only people from the original series still playing chaotic religiously, they've grown older and most of their buddies have almost completely gone inactive and have moved on to more important stuff, as is generally the nature of the internet, friends do vanish over time.  

The three mentioned above are now "the gang" (maybe with some new characters too) they've become friends due to now being pretty familiar with eachother and laugh at old times rather than hold grudges (I'm sure there were some potential dramas involving Klay and Krystella almost literally murdering H'earring, but he gets over it because in Perim, a ton of creatures are constantly trying to destroy eachother anyway) and they are the protagonists of this reboot.  

We do see appearances of old Characters every now and again, it's not like they're totally gone, but they just aren't the focus of the series.  

We'd get more insight on the homelife of both Sam and Klay, maybe giving us some perspective, why any characters in their twenties were so mean and annoying from our view in the original series.  

Down in Perim, our creature pals have changed a little, too!  After seven years, surely something interesting has happened.  

There it is, Chaotic Rebooted!  Mostly just some fanfiction stuff here, nothing I'm necessarily hoping for, anything would be awesome.  But it has been fun reading the ideas shared here! Smile
    Zinnie
    Zinnie
    newb

Chaotic Username : Zinnie
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Post by Zinnie Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:11 pm

I would cut out the show altogether. Focus more on a really good Free to play Online Trading card game, Then bring back the physical TCG.

I felt like the show really held the game back. Like, to this day I can't sit down and watch the first eps. Its just animated so badly.
    Vee
    Vee
    Common

Post by Vee Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Zinnie wrote:to this day I can't sit down and watch the first eps. Its just animated so badly.

With those 6teen graphics, I don't blame you. Two and three's style was an improvement, but its had its own problems (low frame rate, not so great redesigns, and some poor color choices, to list a few).
    jessotic
    jessotic
    Common

Chaotic Username : jessotic
    Chaotic Coins : 35

Post by jessotic Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:27 pm

I probably would have it as an app that combines the pokemon go style with the former online game we had and add a awesome game of thrones style back story to the game.
    Sigmas6
    Sigmas6
    newb

Chaotic Username : Sigmas6
    Chaotic Coins : 1

Post by Sigmas6 Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:43 pm

I'd probably start with getting the assets from chaotic shadow warriors for ps3 then using them to create a youtube series following alpha testers first adventures into perim with title character being code master crelan. This is to prove the show is still marketable to the old fans while gaining interest with new ones. After that: if it goes well, someone will attain the rights and I will get a bunch of legal notices shoved up my ***. But the show and hopefully the cards would be back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:01 pm