Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Mattwo
KalebThePro
MasterMisha
LeGladiateur
brunder
Chaotic11
Lowtier4life
Battle95
King A-Game Darini
ShadowWalkerEH
chaorcrew
Lynxx
Michaelnono
Regandpledge
1bigwarriors
koiboi
ElementalDraco218
trackerjacker
Sparten11
bobosmith01
Mero123
hughjk
CladNKaos
KingMaxxor4
brainard52
SUPERBRADEN9
30 posters

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

SUPERBRADEN9
    SUPERBRADEN9
    Common

Chaotic Username : ZAK11544
    Chaotic Coins : 21

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? Empty Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

Post by SUPERBRADEN9 Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:42 pm

TC Digital Games, as well as 4 Kids, was dissolved. Who owns the copyright? Are they up for grabs?
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : brainard52
    Chaotic Coins : 89

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? Empty Re: Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

Post by brainard52 Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:49 pm

To my understanding, it's a group called "Kodo Studios" but.. They seem to be defunct at the moment.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? Empty Re: Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 pm

I don't even believe Kodo Studio actually had attained the full rights.
    CladNKaos
    CladNKaos
    Common

Chaotic Username : Airsoftman
    Chaotic Coins : 15

Post by CladNKaos Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Fun fact.  I did a little digging, and 4kids still owns the right to every episode, all the books, and even a sticker package that no one knew anything about, while there is no mention of the chaotic website or kodos studios, or even the card game itself.  This information is being pulled from the US Copyright office.

Is it possible the storyline was copyrighted?  And the card art was copyrighted?  But the mechanics of the game and the code were not..?

Edit:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_4Kids_licenses_and_productions

Shows that 4kids only has streaming rights for Chaotic.

Edit round two:
    Scroll past the basic definition and down to history.
    http://www.reference.com/browse/chaotic
    SUPERBRADEN9
    SUPERBRADEN9
    Common

Chaotic Username : ZAK11544
    Chaotic Coins : 21

Post by SUPERBRADEN9 Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:19 pm

But 4Kids was dissolved, wasn't it? So that means that there's really no official owner except maybe the original owner of 4Kids..?
    hughjk
    hughjk
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Windonka
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by hughjk Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:11 pm

The way I understand it, 4Kids went bankrupt, went through a few years of that, and was eventually able to settle their debts and have, since then, reorganized as the 4Licensing Corporation

http://www.4licensingcorp.com/

You can see under the properties that they own at least some part in Chaotic.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:53 am

Yup right there under properties is Chaotic. That would explain why the unofficial series was taken off of YouTube recently.
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Post by brainard52 Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:11 pm

This is fantastic. I'm offering ten bucks to the person who can gather the most comprehensive information in a month Big Grin I'll pay through Google.
    CladNKaos
    CladNKaos
    Common

Chaotic Username : Airsoftman
    Chaotic Coins : 15

Post by CladNKaos Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:52 pm

What I'm getting at is 4kids licensed it for Chaotic Entertainment USA.  Which I don't think any of us even knew was a player.  If they licensed it for this company, does that mean 4kids or this company owns them?   Or took them down with them?

Does this corporate reincarnation of 4kids potentially have the desire to bring Chaotic back..?
    Mero123
    Mero123
    Common

Chaotic Username : Player
    Chaotic Coins : 12

Post by Mero123 Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:22 am

Ok..what little I do know..the Dracco company got the rights/ownership of Chaotic from its original creator Martin Rauff..CUSA(Chaotic Entertainment USA) owned by Gannon and Milito, received some type of representation rights from either Dracco or Home Focus..in getting the Chaotic brand to market they (Gannon/Milito) made deals with 4Kids and or either Dracco or Home Focus for all sorts things like toy licenses and certain copyrights etc..Before they could actually go forward with the project they needed to license the technology behind it from my brother an I..if you have been paying attention you know that it turned into a fiasco because 4kids manipulated a lot of contracts and legal standings and sadly, Milito and Gannon went along with them instead of standing up for what was right and true in the spirit of the agreements we all had. Currently, I believe some of the rights are held by Home Focus Ltd via CUSA but also this is a bit of a grey area since Gannon could be heard a while back saying CUSA rolled into Kodo...4kids has become 4licensing and still retains a lot of the rights to cartoons, trademarks and copyrights..before the bankruptcy closed it was mentioned that they(4kids) were going to settle with Home Focus Ltd but it (Home Focus) had the option to take back some of the rights in lieu of cash...but nothing further has been mentioned. When it boils down none of it matters because there is still over a year good on the IP that governs Chaotic and I do not see them getting another license to use it anytime soon...these folks involved are not trustworthy at all..good luck community
    Mero123
    Mero123
    Common

Post by Mero123 Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Before I am asked when and where Gannon says CUSA rolled into Kodo...here is a link.
    http://www.businessleader.com/wsradio/show_details/7/380
    Mero123
    Mero123
    Common

Post by Mero123 Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:05 pm

Just an FYI...in 4licensing(formerly 4kids) recent SEC filing, Home Focus opted for the cash and did not "buy back" any further rights from them in regards to Chaotic..
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:05 pm

So, does it belong to Kodo or 4licensing?
    hughjk
    hughjk
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Windonka
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by hughjk Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 pm

It looks like the rights to the show belong to 4licensing and the game belong to Kodo, but your guess is as good as mine, besides, with Kodo dissolved, who knows where the rights have ended up.
    Sparten11
    Sparten11
    Common

Chaotic Username : Sparten11
    Chaotic Coins : 10

Post by Sparten11 Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:08 pm

I wonder if the Chaotic show is owned by Konami now, because it looked like 4Kids was going to shut down 4KMedia, but Konami picked it up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_Media_Inc.
    trackerjacker
    trackerjacker
    Common

Chaotic Username : PeytonicAppr
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by trackerjacker Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:03 am

Let's hope Konami does have the rights, I'm sure they'd do a better job at marketing and advertising Chaotic tcg than 4kids also expanding it worldwide since chaotic has better potential than Konami's YuGiOh.
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Post by brainard52 Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:36 am

trackerjacker wrote:Let's hope Konami does have the rights, I'm sure they'd do a better job at marketing and advertising Chaotic tcg than 4kids also expanding it worldwide since chaotic has better potential than Konami's YuGiOh.

I personally hope that they do NOT have the rights. Konami is terrible at managing the one card game they've got. The power creep is awful and they give in to the bitchy player base and ban cards that make the format fair.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Yeah Konami would be a poor choice. I would hate ban lists rotations and constantly overpowered card introductions being a thing.
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Post by brainard52 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:51 am

I haven't forgotten about the $10 bounty. I'll get it to whoever I think deserves it when bills are done.
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Draco218
    Chaotic Coins : 245

Post by ElementalDraco218 Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:13 am

Bur tc digital also sold rights to a small company in London called Granddad LLC. They are a small digital art company. Start there or message these two men on facebook.
    Merlin p. Mann. - he helped write the story for Grolls & Gorks and chaotic as well as the new bionicle webseries on youtube.
    Martin Neilson Rauff- created the game
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Draco218
    Chaotic Coins : 245

Post by ElementalDraco218 Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:21 am

also according to the 4licensing website they claim only 65 episode. not 79
    koiboi
    koiboi
    newb

Chaotic Username : koiboi
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Post by koiboi Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:53 pm

so if there was enough interest brought back to the game, would it possibly b brought back, out of curiousity, are there any programmers here?
    1bigwarriors
    1bigwarriors
    Common

Chaotic Username : somedude
    Chaotic Coins : 18

Post by 1bigwarriors Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:46 pm

I am currently going to school to be a programmer, so by the end of this coming school year I should be able to do some pretty advanced stuff in code!
    koiboi
    koiboi
    newb

Chaotic Username : koiboi
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Post by koiboi Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:50 pm

ahh very good, any languages in perticular that you like so far?
    1bigwarriors
    1bigwarriors
    Common

Chaotic Username : somedude
    Chaotic Coins : 18

Post by 1bigwarriors Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:58 pm

I currently know C, which isn't very useful for making apps or stuff like that, but this semester I am learning java and I think this will be very useful to make either an app or to make a chaotic website again!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:44 pm